Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] (Private RP)

slaad

Super-Earth
The world we live in is plagued with suffering and evil. Famine, pestilence, war and death swarm across the impoverished and bloated lands as if the four horsemen rode openly across them. These troubles are terrible and make this planet seem almost inhospitable to mankind. However, these are not the only troubles mortals have to deal with. Mortals are little more than prey and pawns in this world of darkness. Werewolves, ghouls, sorcerers, demons and other supernatural creatures of the night exist and see humans as little more than sheep or fodder. The Sin of Caine has spawned the accursed horrors that stalk the night in eternal hunger for living blood. The Kindred, commonly known as vampires, have long been a secret influence through all ages of human history. Plotting against mortals, other monsters and each other. They rage in never-ending Jyhad, a bloody war dating back to the first civilizations after the biblical flood. Their immortal progeny are amongst us to this day, hidden from the eyes of humanity by an elaborate masquerade.

Santa Monica, one of LA's most beautiful and popular sea side cities. It has a warm, dry climate with a nice cool breeze during the summer that makes living here very comfortable. Unfortunately, this also means it is one of the biggest attractions for drifters, vagabonds and beggars. If you can ignore the homeless, during the daylight hours, Santa Monica is a bustling place of culture, runners and visiting families. However, during the late nights, the place becomes more barren, where gangs lurk about and recently, a place of disappearances and death.

Up until a few years ago, Santa Monica was a fairly safe place for the young street urchin, Lyniss, to spend her time on the streets, collecting a meager sum from the generous tourists and occasional local. She had a small group of friends she could hang out with and occasionally count on. Sometimes they would wander off and disappear for a few days, but that was usually because they were off in a drunken stupor or high out of their minds on crack or meth. Of course, not all of her friends were hobos and street walkers. She had certainly made friends with a few fellow street performers. She even found her way in one of their hearts for a brief time. Unfortunately, that didn't end so well.

It wasn't long after that bad break up did the city seem to take a turn for the worse. Homeless people she talked to for years, always finding them in the same spots started to disappear. Certainly they would occasionally decide to move on or pass from exposure, but this time, things were different. It was when a long time friend had been discovered under the pier bloated with water and rotting from the inside that she finally realized her world was changing. Homeless people started hiding out at night, keeping to themselves with looks of paranoia and mistrust at anyone they didn't recognize. Gang members tended to be more itchy fingered and quick to point a gun at anyone that might have threatened them. Petty crimes started to go down, but replaced by an influx of murders and disappearances. Of course, the police didn't care, they were too busy worrying about people who mattered. Investigating the death of a nobody or someone with a criminal background was a waste of their resources. And, of course, the higher population didn't care. Unless it was one of their own found overdosing or found as a husk in an alleyway, they didn't bat an eye. Despite their apathy, the effect was similar on them. Night time visitors became less and less, only the brave or stupid continued to walk the streets at night.

Without a steady income, finding a place to stay was a challenge. On less busy nights, the Surfside diner was usually a good place to spend time indoors, with free wifi and cheap coffee. Doris, the elderly night waitress was slow to push her out, as she didn't mind the company. Unfortunately, it was also a fairly popular place for ne'er-do-wells to find themselves after a late night of drinking and getting high. Luckily, tonight wasn't one of those nights. Tonight was quiet, calm and a good time to chill out after a long warm day. Lyniss sat in her usual booth far in the corner, keeping to herself despite being the only customer. She had a warm cup of coffee and an English muffin with butter and a couple complimentary pieces of crisp bacon sitting on the little white dish in front of her. Doris was humming to the radio, quietly playing some classic 50s tunes as she casually polished silverware.

Then, breaking the peaceful silence was the ding of the front doors. An innocent sound, yet at this time of night it was often a portent of trouble. The woman who entered didn't look dangerous at first glance. She had platinum blonde hair, tied up with black ribbons in pigtails. She wore very little for such a cool night, she was dressed like a slutty school girl. She wore a white button up, barely buttoned and tied up. Showing off a great deal of cleavage and a great deal of her midriff. Her red plaid skirt was just long enough to hide her thong which straps could be seen lingering on her hips. She wore a lacy red bra, clearly visible underneath that pressed her breasts up to accentuate her already generous bosom. She wore a black silk choker around her neck with a very expensive looking black pearl dangling. She also had a fancy belly button piercing, one that looked as if it should be dangling on the ear of royalty. Her fingernails were long and deep red and on her legs she wore a pair of fishnet stockings and thigh high leather combat boots. Her skin was pale, but pristine without a blemish or wrinkle. She wore dark red lipstick that glistened like blood in the lighting and her mascara was intentionally done to look as if it ran down, making her look a bit loony. The way she was dressed she must be a recent patron at the local club, the Asylum. The club was popular amongst the local goths and she clearly fit the bill. Of course, it had other types of patrons, but clearly catered to the more deviant of the populace.

She walked up to the bar and sat just in front of the waitress. "Hi, Doris." the woman said with a bubbly tone with a hint of sultry. Despite her mysterious appearance, she seemed rather unusually amiable.

Doris smiled at her and nodded, "Hello, Jeanette. The usual?" The older lady asked.

"Please, nice and hot! You know how I like it." She gave the lady a wink and licked her lips with a sexual playfulness in anticipation of the hot beverage.

"Sure thing dear." Doris turned around and started to prepare a new pot of coffee, setting the temperature way up.

It wasn't long before the young lady, Jeanette looked around the room and discovered the other patron. Once Lyn caught her eye, Lyn noticed Jeanette's eyes. They were big and bright and heterochromic. One was bright green and the other bright blue. The woman would occasionally peak over to Lyn briefly and look away again when noticed. This went on for a few moments until Doris took notice and smiled.

The girl got her coffee and wrapped her hands around the hot mug and huddled over it as if it was her only source of heat. Things went back to silence, but shortly after the peace returned, Lyn's peace was again interrupted. She only looked away for a moment, when she heard Jeanette's voice and realized she was standing next to the empty seat in front of her. "Hi, I'm Jeanette. Jeanette Voreman. I feel like I've seen you before. I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but its driving me crazy. I don't think I could have forgotten a face like yours, maybe you could enlighten me. Have we met?"

Last edited:
This day had brought a rather nice profit for Lyniss, her singing having happened to pay off, well enough that she could afford food and a coffee to help keep her sharp and on her feet, despite how tired she was, trying to think of where she could go and rest for the night, knowing she did not have enough money for even a cheap motel. Nursing her coffee, full of lots of sugar and cream she ate her english muffin slowly, letting it fill her up bite by bite so she did not feel the gnawing of her stomach complaining about how empty it had been most the day. She had planned on going to the club tonight, already fully dressed in one of her three outfits that she owned, the backpack with the other two tucked away in the corner with her. Her make up consisted of black lipstick, mascara, and smokey shadow for her eyeshadow. Her hair was a bright purple and at the moment she had it pulled into a single pony tail wearing a spiked choker, many piercings decorated her ears and in her mouth there was a tongue ring. Underneath the choker there was her fishnet tanktop, underneath her long sleeve tattered top. For her bottoms she wore plaid green shorts with a spiked belt that matched her choker, or what looked more like a collar since it was thick and made of leather. Dangling from the bet were two smaller belts that draped over her legs and crisscrossed over her firm rear. Lastly there were the knee high boots, and her one fishnet stocking as well as a thigh high matching plaid stocking on the other leg. Her body was slender, but not sickly so, just petite, being rather short and skinny often gave the appearance that she was younger than 21. The curve of her c-cup breasts, wide hips, and firm rear proved that she might not have been as young as she looked, or at least gave the illusion that she was legal.

Glancing at the sound of the door opening Lyniss looked the woman over briefly, wondering if she had seen her before, the attire definitely something she would find in the local goth club she went to on occasion. Trying to not draw attention to herself, Lyniss sank in her seat a little more, feeling someone watching her, but when she looked up the woman seemed to be paying no attention to her. Which in Lyniss's mind was better for all involved at the moment. It was not until she hear the woman's voice that Lyniss jumped in her seat, looking up at the woman, her eyes going to her seat at the bar, very certain she had not heard her walk over. Running a hand through her hair at her question Lyniss nodded, "Do you go to The Asylum? I go there on occasion when I have the time." She said, but to her other part of the statement she shook her head, "I don't think we have met before, I would have remembered you if we had, but I'm Lyn." She said, not giving her the full name, obviously nervous in meeting the new woman.

Lyniss was certainly no charmer, she was just as suspicious as the other homeless and beggars on the street, and did not for one moment think that a woman could not be a killer, so she was being overly cautious for the time being. Lyniss would look at Jeanette on occasion, but not making eye contact, a habit from living as a beggar for so long, you tried to not make eye contact. "If you want, you can sit down. I'm not expecting anyone." She said as she took another bite of the english muffin, almost finished with it now.

A wide smile arose on Jeanette's face when Lyn mentioned the Asylum, "Oh yes, I find myself there quite a lot. Sometimes more than I'd like." That last remark coming off a bit snarky. She sighed happily, possibly, a joke she was enjoying in her head. "Do you like it there?" She asked with an unusually over interested curiosity. However, she shakes her head as if she had broken character.

She sat down immediately after she was invited, placing her coffee in front of her and crossing her legs underneath the table. Lyn could feel Jeaneatte's naked knee slide against her for a brief moment before it was retrieved. The girl was cold to the touch. No wonder she huddled over her coffee.

Now that the girl was sitting across from her, Lyn could tell that she was a bit taller than her. But not by more than a few inches. The girl gave off a very strong vibe of confidence. She seemed to try and keep eye contact with Lyn, giving her the reward of a pleasant smile and batting eyelashes when she did, but when the urchin pulled her eyes away she didn't seem too phased by it. "It's nice to meet you Lyn, thanks for letting me sit with you. I was just over at my club, when I had a sudden craving for coffee, as I do. And, of course, we don't serve anything like that, so I always end up over here."

"It's certainly possible that I remember you from the club, but I don't think that's it. I feel like I've seen you outside around here. I have this feeling of euphoria and delight, like my silly mind is being entranced by something beautiful. Have I seen you on stage somewhere? Something about you..." She paused for a moment, looking at Lyn intently, or maybe not at her, but slightly beside her, maybe at her hair or her piercings. "Something about you screams at me, but not blood curdling, but more melodic. Are you a singer?"

Of course she went to The Asylum, it was one of the only goth clubs worth going to in Lyniss's opinion. "Yeah, I like it quite a bit. And... Well, it's the only one that often lets me in without having to bribe the bouncers since they don't like my kind coming in at the more posh goth clubs. But that's life and it's their loss." She joked, finally giving a small smile. In all honestly she did not really seem to care about the other clubs, The Asylum allowed her in, and that was good enough for her.

The feeling of the leg did not go unnoticed, but Lyniss did not react to it, instead she caught something else the pale and rather chilled woman said, "You have a club?" She asked curiously, thinking on which ones were near by that she could be taking about, until her attention snapped back to Jeanette when she brought up remembering her from else where. Watching her, she felt a little odd having the woman compliment her, running a hand through her long purple hair, "Thanks but I'm not that beautiful, you're much prettier than me by miles." She said sheepishly, shaking her head a little. But the blush on her cheeks went away at the mention of being a singer. Nodding her head a little she looked a little confused, "Well... Yeah I... I tend to sing in the morning until night fall on the pier, or anywhere that will let me." Although she was curious now, the term "blood curdling" being a little out of place in the conversation, but then again, given the type of scenes they were into, maybe she was just over thinking.

"I want to be a singer, I'm hoping once I get good enough I can audition at some of the bars or clubs, earn a little more money, you know... turn my situation around." While Jeanette was probably not homeless she could understand that money made the world go round, and without it, you were a no one and nothing. It was clear Lyn had a goal, but she was fighting tooth and nail to see it come to fruition, but despite her current circumstances she did not give up or turn to drugs as others did, which was surprising, she was probably one of the cleanest people in the goth clubs, and out of most the homeless people.

The look on Jeanette's face shifted to something playfully mischievous. She certainly noticed the girl shying at her attention and even let out a pleasant coo when complimented. "Oh, Lyn." She said, though her voice certainly gave off the right tone, she did not blush. She put her hand on Lyn's slightly, but unlike her knee it was hot to the touch. Likely from the coffee. "You are such a doll, I won't get into a fight over which of us is the cutest, we could be here for hours staring in each other eyes and may never find the answer."

"Oh, don't mind me. I am certainly not trying to brag or anything, it was simply a slip of the tongue I assure you. But, yes. I am the proud owner of the very establishment we both love and adore. My Asylum is one of my favorite achievements, its a dream I've always had and, thanks to a rich daddy and an entrepreneurial minded sister, my dream has come true. And as someone who lives in their dreams, I am happy to bring that dream to others I meet. I would love to hear you sing."

She held out a hand, in an attempt ease any concerns as she interrupts any sudden responses, "No, pressure of course. I don't want to put you on the spot. But, I would love if you would come have a drink with me, maybe after one or two I could convince you to give me a private performance, or maybe even get you on stage. We don't have any bands tonight, so the stage would be all yours. Of course, no matter what happens, I hope at least I made a friend tonight. What do you say, Precious?" Jeanette placed her hand back on Lyn's and ran her fingers delicately down to her wrist, seemingly absent-mindedly.

Feeling the hand touch Lyn's, the hand was warm, just like the cup, glad to see that she seemed to be getting warmer once inside the diner, knowing all too well how cold it could get at night time. "I would rather not argue on who is cutest," She said, although she did conceed in her own mind that Jeanette was far prettier than her in her opinion, but then again, Lyniss saw herself as a street urchin, not yet the confident singer she wanted to be.

When she dropped the bomb that she was in fact the owner of the club, Lyniss's eyes widened in shock and she looked up at her now, her mouth slightly ajar as though she could not believe what she was hearing, wondering how someone so young like her could have such an establishment. But the more she explained, the more it became clear, the woman was very lucky to have such support in her life. Lyniss had been put in the foster system since birth, so she did not know her mother and father, and years of being bounced from family to family, one bad situation after another, no one had wanted her, but that history came with the skills of a damn good pick pocket, and stealthy little thing. Hearing that Jeanette wanted to hear her sing was surreal, almost too much so.

As she opened her mouth to say something she was stopped by the hand being held up. Her offer was tempting, and she really wanted to do this, it had been a dream of her's to perform there, at the club she loved the most in the city. The offer seemed innocent enough, go with her, have a drink, and audition for a spot as a singer. Once she finished talking, Lyn nodded slowly, "Just one drink, and depending on how I feel, I can definitely sing for you, and if you think I am good enough I will sing on stage." She offered, smiling a little, trying to contain her giddiness and excitement, but the joyful sparkle in her eyes was a clear sign that she was ecstatic. That was until a cruel voice in the back of her head wondered if it was too good to be true, would she happen to be setting her up to just humiliate her. This thought did worry her for a moment before she pushed it aside and nodded to Jeanette, "Lets get headed out then." She said as she left the rest of the money she had earned on the table, enough for paying her bill and to give Doris a tip. She had not noticed the hand and where it was, not really minding it at the moment, far too excited to care.

Jeanette pulled back in excitement and clapped like a little school girl, almost making her seem innocent for a moment, "Oh! Yes, let's not waste any time. I just know I won't be disappointed. Just hearing you speak warms the blood. I'm certain my patrons will be solidly impressed and equally entranced." She stood up with Lyn and did not interfere with Lyn paying her bill. However, there didn't seem to be any money on the counter, but Doris made no attempt to stop them. Stranger still was the fact that Jeanette didn't drink a sip of the hot black liquid. She took Lyn's money with a smile and accepted her tip.

Doris said with a blush, "Oh, dear, you never have to tip me, but I appreciate it so much. You are always welcome here."

Jeanette waited for Lyn to head out with her and before they headed out the door she took her hand firmly. The hand was a little bigger than hers, her fingers were slender and soft. They were still a bit warm, but it was clear the warm coffee was wearing off quick. She continued to hold her hand on their way to the Asylum, which was only at the end of the street from the Seaside diner.

From a hundred feet away, it was clear they were nearing the asylum, the deep thud of the bass could be heard echoing down the enclosed city streets along with the eerie wails of the somber music. There were a few patrons standing outside waiting for ID checks, but the bouncer stood aside when the pair approached almost bowing at Jeanette as she passed by giving him a wink, "Thanks, Grant. My gallant white knight." Which she said with no sign of irony, despite its current context. The bouncer blushed and smiled, reaching to scratch the back of his head flattered by her words. The bouncer was certainly no prince charming, however, he was a beefy, large and round man who towered over them like a bear. He was certainly much older than the both of them, bald and had a tribal tattoo on his face. He certainly wasn't part of the goth scene, but looked more like a carny. When Lyniss had seen him before, he looked as if his life was drained of emotion and would never smile, but his disposition changed to that of a teddy bear around Jeanette.
cE8H1bW.png
The club, the Asylum, as anyone who knew the history of the city was aware, was literally an asylum many years ago. It had changed hands a few times after being left abandoned for generations, becoming a free clinic, then a warehouse and as long as Lyn can remember back, a night club. Though active during the day as both a cinema and stage for live performances, in the evening it welcomed in the weirdos and deviants of Santa Monica to come together in celebration of their eccentricities.

However, The entrance was a small little room where they would often sell tickets for when bands were playing. It was covered in various posters of upcoming events, both during the night and day. The doors that led into the building were the original sturdy steel door that was used to keep its patients inside. However, the double doors after that were elaborate dark oak wood, lined with plush deep red velvet. Jeanette looked back at her companion for a moment with a pleasant look as she pushed through the doors with her new friend in tow. When the doors cracked the music washed over the two, its familiar melodies and deep emotions made the hairs stand up on end and send endorphins into the veins.

As Lyn had seen many times before, the club was elaborately decorated. From the inside, it looked nothing like its former self. The interior of the building was gutted, leaving a wide open area where the nightclub was laid out. Immediately walking in was a small bar, though despite its size was always well stocked. The bartender was the same night to night. A short slender woman with black Bettie Page style hair cut with a red streak, wearing a black corset and long black leather pants. She gave a look of acknowledgement at Jeanette and rolled her eyes when she saw who she dragged in. However, when the two approached she was all smiles. Although the music was powerful, in the Asylum it was never so loud that you couldn't have a conversation without yelling. "Good evening, Mistress. I see you've brought home a new pet." She said coyly, but gave Lyn a more friendly wink showing she was just teasing, "What can I get you two?"

"Don't be like that, Lily. This is Lyn, I've brought her over for a drink and an audition. She's a singer. Please get her whatever she'd like, on me, of course. She's our special guest tonight, so please treat her as such."

"Of course, Mistress." The bartender gave a smile and nodded respectfully. She turned away before Lyn could reply. She reach down under the bar and pulled out a chilled bottle giving off condensation as if it was sitting in a freezer. She poured the crimson liquid in a wine glass and placed it next to Jeanette. Lily smiled as she waited for Lyn's request.

wbn1Lyj.png

Again, the woman had an odd way of phrasing things, didn’t she mean warm her heart? Shaking it off she followed Jeanette outside the diner, just before leaving, she looked to Doris with a smile, “I could never not tip you with how nice you’ve been to me.” Once outside Lyniss walked down the street, finding the familiar path to the club that she normally took, but this time it was different. Instead of being alone and needing to wait in line, the woman pulled her past the waiting line and then there were right in front of the bouncer. For a moment she had not believed that this lady owned such a place, but with the way she spoke to the bouncer, and the fact that he let them through, it seemed she had been telling the truth, which only made Lyn that much more excited.

Briefly Lyn looked around the room, seeing the next bands that would be playing and the concerts that would be getting held in the coming months. But she did not get much time to look as she was pulled through the heavy wooden doors and the music hit her. Although the music would seem loud and rather bass heavy, it seemed to put Lyniss at ease, and a smile came to her black lips. She felt comfortable here, and loved this club immensely, feeling the rush of excitement go through her as the music washed over her.

Following Jeanette to the bar, Lyn found herself hearing the bartender talking to Jeanette, calling her Mistress. Again, a very odd thing, but she did not question it, she instead just listened. When she called her a pet, Lyniss blushed a little, and just shook her head, figuring it might have been the collar around her neck that she was talking about.

Glancing around the club for a moment she took a deep breath before ordering a drink from the woman, “A Mango Martini please.” She asked. It seemed Lyn had a rather big sweet tooth, that specific one being very heavy in alcohol, but also the sweetest and the flavor masked the taste of the liquor. Taking the drink, she tested the taste and smiled, it was perfect to her.

Before long she finished the drink and looked to Jeanette, the lingering taste of the mango flavoring in the martini on her tongue, a pleasant effect. "So, I said i would sing for you after a drink, and I plan to keep my word." She daid cheerfully. Glancing around she then looked to her again, "Where did you want me to Audition at? Do you have a room or studio in here?" She knew they probably had such rooms, but they could be in use for another band or artist so she was not sure if she would be singing in one.

Jeanette sat in silence as the bartender went to attend other customers. She sipped at her own glass at a similar pace to Lyniss and finished at about the same time. She sat and enjoyed the music with her guest and when she was again addressed was visibly pleased again to be her object of attention. "Actually, I have a room. Its not quite a studio, my sister and I haven't quite thought that far ahead yet. For now we just have our little apartment set up in the loft just up the elevator. It's completely sound proofed so we can get a wink when we need it. I'm actually not sure if my sister is here tonight, I should probably head up and make sure just in case she has a cow about it. My sister is a bit less, spur of the moment than I. So, I think its best if we don't surprise her. I'll head up now, give me a smidge before following me up. Lily will buzz the elevator for you. See you in a bit, doll." She hopped off the bar stool she was sitting on.

She wandered over to a set of hanging velvet curtains about 30 feet away and she looked over her shoulder to Lyniss. She blew her a kiss with a wink and just before she passed through, pulled up the hem of her skirt, flashing her rounded alabaster cheeks. Then with a silent giggle she disappeared behind the curtain.

Watching the girl leave Lyn found herself blushing a little at the playful way she behaved around her, until she caught a glimpse of her rear, which only made her face go bright red and she looked away. Is that why she brought me here, not to audition, but to get laid... shit... I should have mentioned I'm not much into women... too late now... she thought to herself as she looked around the club, listening to the music as she thought about what had transpired in the last couple of hours, all of it feeling like it was a dream she would quickly wake up from. Giving a few more minutes Lyn waited patiently, then after about two or three songs she went to see if Lily would let her into the elevator, figuring it had been plenty of time for her to check and see if her sister was there or not, and so her arriving would not be a surprise to the other woman.

Running a hand through her long purple hair she could not help but feel her excitement looking at the stage, hoping she would get to perform up there sometime, maybe even tonight depending on how things went, hell, she was even willing to have a one night stand with Jeanette if it means she got to perform up there just once, that alone would fufill her dream of performing here, even if it was just one night.

Once to the elevator behind the velvet curtains Lyn glanced back at Lily, gauging if it had been long enough in her opinion before she would enter the elevator too.

Lily gave Lyn a wave as she headed behind the curtain. The urchin could hear a light scraping of metal and the hum of machinery as the elevator a few steps beyond the curtain opened up. The elevator was old. Not likely updated since it was constructed. The only thing between her and the metal chamber was a loose iron gate. There wasn't much more light behind the curtain than in the club, though it was illuminated enough to get in and work the elevator. The music dimmed a bit as well. The walls behind the curtain dulled a lot of the sound, they were likely sound proofed and the heavy curtain also helped with that. The elevator itself was decorated like the rest of the club. The walls were lined with red velvet that puffed out like pillows. There was barely any light in the elevator itself. There was only two illuminated buttons in the elevator, up and down. Clearly there weren't any other floors, at least not easily available here.

The elevator shook a little as she entered and before she could press any buttons. The gate behind her closed; the hum and screech of an obviously aged elevator made her the hair on the back of her neck stand up on end. As she rose, the volume of the music continued to dim. The elevator rose for about a minute, which certainly felt longer for how high it was going, especially as the sound the elevator made didn't feel healthy. However, finally, the music faded completely, only a gentle pulse from the heavy bass could be felt.

Finally, it stopped with another nerve-wracking shake and just as below the lighting was dim. The gate opened again, the metal creaked sounded much more prominent without the music in the background. Just out of the elevator was a hallway lined with hanging red velvet curtains. There were no windows and from where she could see where she stood, there were no doors. The curtains hung from the all the way from the 12 foot ceiling to the floor, so she couldn't even see the walls behind them. The floor had a jagged black and white pattern and was hard, like granite. At the end of a hallway there looked to be a break in the curtains, leading into another room.
twin-peaks-final-episode-1.jpg

The girl had not been scared of much, but stepping into the elevator, the only thing she could thinking was, at least if it falls, I won't be falling too far... I might survive that fall if I'm lucky. Without touching a button in the elevator, the rickety thing began going up, either that or it was just very noisy since she could feel it as most of these things worked, most of them you could feel the pressure on your body from going up or going down. But not this damn thing. Lyniss for a moment wondered if the metal box had gotten stuck, the time it took for it to move seeming like so long, until finally the doors opened and lead into an odd hallways of red velvet curtains, and hard black and white floors.

Glancing around, she didn't see anyone else, and meekly she called out as she stepped out of the metal deathtrap. "Jeanette?" She asked no one, not certain if anyone was there, but she noticed the slight break in the curtains the closer she got and figured that might be where she was suppose to go. Once to the curtains, she didn't open them, instead she called out softly again, "Jeanette?" Hoping this was the right way to go, not wanting to accidentally step into someone else's office or room. Gently her slender fingers moved the curtain aside just a little so she could see if Jeanette was on the other side, hoping she was not stupidly talking to a wall, not sure if she could recover from the humiliation. Glancing around again, she looked behind her, wondering if maybe she missed another part in the curtains, wondering if maybe this was the wrong place to be looking for her, although there did not seem to be many other options.

Just as she turned to look behind her, she heard bickering from the room beyond. One voice was the bubbly voice of Jeanette, certainly not as bubbly now as a there was a hint of poison in her tone. The other voice was deeper and more strict, it sounded like a mother bickering with her slutty daughter.

"You're city?", Jeanette's could suddenly be heard more clearly. "Last time I looked, it was called 'Santa Monica', not 'Stuck-up Bitch'"

"So Vulgar! I can't even look at you some times," The other voice replied with vitriol. "You Jezebel" The ancient slur sounded natural to the woman, but bizarre to be heard in such a time.

"Oh Therese, you really do paint a flattering portrait of me with your turn-of the century barbs." Jeanette scoffed off the insult. "I always assumed you could do nothing but look down on me."

"Just the sight of you!" Therese sounded disgusted, "The sight of that wicked, tainted pout concealing that dirty, diseased mind. Sin! You have no shame."

"Let she who is without sin cast the fierce tone." Jeanette retorted.

"Go ahead and mock me." Therese cut off her sister, "You pull your pranks, make fun of my ways, it suits you. You're just one big joke."

"Don't you call me that!" Jeanette seemed more genuinely affected this time.

"Should I start calling a duck a pig as well?" Therese clearly knew how to hurt her sister.

"I'm your sister..." Jeanette replied with a dejectedly, clearly hurt. "How can you treat me like this?" The patter of running and door slamming could be heard from the other side with a gentle sob suddenly cut off.

"That's it Jeanette, run away from the truth. I'll take care of everything," Therese said, certainly pleased with herself. "As I always do."

After a moment, the room stays silent, then Therese calls out, "Are you gonna stand in the hallway all night? I thought you came here for an audition, please, let's get this done. I don't have all night." She was clearly now speaking toward Lyniss, the tension in the room just elevated. The tapping of nails against wood could be heard as the woman on the other side was clearly impatient.

Last edited:
Having overheard the conversation, Lyn wondered what the argument had beem about, hoping ot had not beem due to her audition with Jeanette. The way Jeamette talked was something she had gotten use to in this city, but the other woman whom Jeanette called Therese, sounded put of place, like she belonged in an old British show, not in a nightclub like this, but to be honest, she had expected someone like this to be in charge of the club, not Jeanette.

When the woman called to her, Lyniss contemplated leaving, not particularly liking how the conversation had gone, but she came through the curtain and then the door glancing around, hearing the thrum of nails on wood. Glancing in that direction she smiled politely and stepped forward, having thought about holding her hand out for shaking, but she wondered of this woman was the type who would accept one or just look at her hand in disgust. None the less she held her hand out, "Sorry, Jeanette told me to come up after a few minutes, I didn't mean to linger. I'm Lyniss." She introduced herself before glancing around for where Jeanette might have gone, "Jeanette said i would be auditioning for her, will she not be joining?" She asked, not wanting to offend her new friend.

"I understand the type of music the club plays at night, but if there is anything else you would like to hear, I sing many different genres of music, except rap, never was very good at it." She admitted. Lyniss was obviously nervous, having just heard Therese call her sister a jezebel, Lyn worried that her sister would have the same impression and simply throw her out, but she waited, cool, calm, and patient.

The room beyond was very similar, walls lined with velvet curtains, the floor the same as before as well. There wasn't much furniture in here. A vintage desk looking like something out of a 50s detective film with a fairly old looking computer, still had a CRT monitor. There was a few plush suede chairs with a small classic side table with a globular lamp that looked like it could have been some gimmick out of the 80s. It was an interesting hodgepodge of different furniture, but it kind of worked in an unusual way. Still, there were no windows visible, maybe behind the heavy curtains, but she saw no break from where she stood. There was a few paintings on the wall that were clearly of the two sisters when they were much younger. One was quite large and nearly covered the wall from floor to ceiling. The two girls, no older than 9 or 10 stood at each side of an older man, who was likely their father.

The woman called Therese was clearly Jeanette's sister. In fact, she was identical. She had the same color hair, skin and eyes. She wore black rimmed glasses that made her look extremely professional and shrewdly intellectual. She was dressed for business, the charcoal buttoned jacket, a grey shirt underneath that just revealed the barest bit of cleavage and matching pencil skirt hugged her well, showing off similar curves to her sister. However, he make up was more conservative. She wore little make up on her face, just a hint of eye liner, a little bit of mascara and black lipstick that matched the rest. She wore conservative dark hose that ran down to her pumps. She wore no jewelry. Her confidence and posture made her seem much taller than she actually was, though her stature was no different than her sisters, she seemed very sure that she could handle any situation whether it be social, mental or even physical.

She did not seem to surprised by Lyn's appearance. She certainly knew her clientele for sure. Her gaze was cold and impatient. She showed no hint of emotion other than impatience as she listened to her little intruder talk to her nervously. "Its probably best you sing what you would at my establishment. I assume you want to perform at night, given your attire. Just do whatever is natural." She just stood, with no movement staring down at Lyn. "I assume you would wish to perform tonight. So, the less time you waste of mine the sooner we can get you on stage."

38xLQJy.jpg
sZxN0Gz.png

fb4vg9u.jpg

Last edited:
The room was... Odd. Everything seemed to fit where it sat, although there was no real theme to the room, but in an odd way it seemed to work. Seeing the painting Lyn wondered which of the twins was which, figuring the one with red bows in her hair in pig tails might have been Jeanette, but it was just a guess. The woman was intimidating, imposing, and rather cold. And while Lyn was use to such people, most of the time she would turn around and walk away to let them know what she thought of them, but this was an audition at her favorite club, so she could control her impulse to give the woman a piece of her mind about her treatment of her sister before leaving.

Lyniss could not decide if the woman was just a business woman, or if she really was a bitch, but something in Lyniss seemed to become more confident as the woman talked down to her, a determined look coming to her eyes as she nodded, but she had no intention of just singing for performing in the night. Without another word to the woman she began to sing for her, really wishing Jeanette had been here, but she would do her best so she could sing for her later like she said she would. The song she sang was not her own, but she sang her heart out (Paint it Black) none the less. Lyniss was expressive, knowing an audition was more than just singing since you had to be able to reach your audience, and given her appearance she figured that this song would be more fitting for this woman, and the other song she had in mind would have been more for someone like Jeanette. Once finished, Lyniss quickly spoke before the woman could stop her, "But I would like to audition for performing in the day too, it would be better leaps and bounds above singing on the street during the day."

Lyniss watched the woman for a reaction, if she asked her to audition right now for that she would be more than happy to, but if she told her to come back in the morning, Lyniss would be there and dressed in her usual "normal" clothing. Sure, she was most comfortable in this outfit she was wearing now, but she understood that a job was a job and she needed to look the part even if she didn't want to. The second song she intended to sing was one by Lady Gaga, the song Alejandro. It was very different from her first song, but would show the woman that she had a wide range of musical practice, even opera, but she doubted that was what she would be looking for. But if she asked to hurry up and hear the second song for an audition, she would do so.

While Lyniss sang, Therese was completely still. She did not smirk, snarl or even raise an eyebrow. She just looked forward with the same discerning stare, the same look as if something in the room smelled a bit off. After Lyn finished, she didn't even move until after she had finished talking. Even then it was maybe a minute before she replied, "Well, I suppose that was somewhat better than I expected. Not terrible, for an on the spot performance. I suppose it would likely please those..." She gestured toward the exit, and hesitated in her words, "Well, the customers, for you to perform for them."

She paused again for a moment and then turned before reaching into the desk drawer behind her and pulling out something completely unexpected. It was a standard copper key, like just one to a door. "You'll sing for the night. Sing as long as you'd like or until closing, whichever comes first, of course. If you do well tonight, I'll consider a more appropriate form of compensation. Cash, is of course what I mean. But, would I be over stepping my bounds, if I were to offer you an apartment I happen to own down the street? If you are to work for me, I can't have you out in the elements, wandering off somewhere I can't find you. Is that something you'd be interested in?"

Holding her breath for a second, Lyniss watched as the woman moved, now that the song was over this was the most nerve wracking part of an audition. When she spoke, he words didn't match with her expression, she looked bored and irritated, as though she had that look permanently etched into her face. When the woman mentioned wanting to have her sing, Lyniss's eyes lit up in excitement as she smiled, so happy she had done well enough and that this woman would let her sing since she was worried that being her sister's new... "friend" might have put the odds against her. But she seemed to think it was good enough to sing for the club and that was all she needed to hear.

What Lyniss had not expected was for her to withdraw the key from the desk, unable to think what that was for. When told she would sing in the evening until either close or the morning Lyniss nodded in understanding. Hearing that she would be compensated in some other way than cash tonight, it finally clicked what the key was about, and when Therese confirmed it Lyniss looked shocked and although she accepted the key she looked up at her with concern, "Are you sure it's alright that I use your apartment?" She asked, making certain that she was positive, "Thank you very much Ma'am," A standard term for referring to your boss in any setting. Accepting the key, she slipped it into her pocket of a hidden spot in her outfit, one of the lines in her skirt happening to be a hidden pocket. "If that's all, I should probably go down and get started, is there someone I should speak to?" She asked quickly, not wanting to waste any more of her time.

Therese did finally crack a hint of a smile when Lyniss accepted the key, and therefore the terms of their verbal agreement, "Well that's settled then. I'll make sure to make it official on your next visit. Let's hope you are as good in front of a crowd as you are in an interview. Just let the bartender below know you are going on stage and she'll turn on the system for you. Everything is connected to the bar, so she can DJ and deal with audio when the need arises. We had an open mic last night, so everything should still be set up. We have a large selection of Karaoke songs, so its likely to have almost anything you need in terms of music. Of course, if you bring original music, as long as the crowd enjoys it, I would consider giving you a more exclusive contract. For now, keep it simple. You can always come and rehearse during open mic. As long as you work for me, you'll have certain..." she paused for a moment selecting her words carefully, "privileges." She gestured in a shooing manner and her face returned to its cold emotionless state, "Now, I have business to attend to. Any further questions or concerns should be brought to Lilith before anyone else. Always talk to her before anyone else, and that includes Jeanette."

She stood arms folded with the barest sign of moving, almost like a mannequin in a window, waiting for Lyniss to take her leave.

Lyniss was beyond happy, although seeing the brief moment of her breaking that cold exterior in accepting the key was a little startling, but she didn't draw attention to it, not wanting to offend her. The idea of being able to perform soon for an open mic was appealing, but this was a step in the right direction. Lyniss of course knew many of the songs played, but she was also a different vocalist than normal, so it was like having a new band playing. Although she would have liked to do her own songs, she was not going to suggest it until later. Thanking the woman for the opportunity again she turned to leave when shooed away, finding it again a bit rude and condescending, but she was not about to insult the one giving her a chance. Turning on her heels she headed out the way she came, heading toward the elevator, wondering if there were stairs, but she wasn't too sure, and Therese seemed very busy. Walking to the elevator finally let her excitement show, feeling very happy and jittery. It was almost like she was in a dream, terrified that she would wake up in one of her places she normally fell asleep, if that was the case, she hoped she wouldn't be woke up soon.

Getting back down stairs she went to the bartender, very cheerful in her news, "Lilith? Therese said to talk to you about getting everything set up on stage." She was trying to contain her excitement, but the sparkling in her eyes was a dead give away, looking around the club for a moment she felt so at ease here, it was the place she loved the most in the city, and she was being allowed to perform here, tonight, and then she had an apartment to go to once she was done.

While Lilith got things ready and set up, Lyniss reapplied her makeup just in case, cleaning it up and making it look fresh before getting on stage, about to give her first performance at the best goth club in the city, hell, even the state in her opinion. Looking through the songs she chose certain ones, one after another, picking ones according to a certain pattern. You didn't want to just play one type of song every time, it needed to be mixed up, and she knew a few good combinations to use, at least for tonight, she would think of more and write them down for tomorrow when she got back to the apartment so she was not running on the fly.

With the noise of the music nearly drowning out their conversation, Lilith gave Lyn a quick clap showing she was happy at the positive outcome of her interview. "Congrats, I'll set everything up for you. Just give me a sign when your ready and I'll start the music. I'll give you a bit of time between each song to prep yourself. Give me a wave if you need a break. You don't have any obligations tonight, so whenever your ready to stop, just walk off stage. I'll also let you know when we're closing if you really want to sing all night. Have fun and good luck."

The crowd was in a fairly docile mood for the moment, the current music playing was more ambient and trance-like. It was hard to read more than that from a quick glance. The stage was dimly lit, but when Lyn approached Lily had hit a spotlight, ensuring everyone would see her quite well once she took her spot. The sexy woman behind the bar waited patiently and had an encouraging smile on her face as she seemed to have high expectations for the new performer.

Despite all the excitement running through her, the moment her foot touched the stage her mind calmed, and all she was thinking about was the music, the singing, to perform the best she could. After all, this had been one of her goals, maybe not in this exact order, but this had been something she had been fighting to achieve for what felt like a very long time, and now she was going to perform like she dreamed to. Looking to Lily, she gave her a quick wave and only waited for a few more seconds before her first song came on. Lyniss felt comfortable, everything about being on the stage coming naturally to her as she sang, her voice ringing out through the speakers and over the crowd. She moved, her body swaying and moving with the song, for the slow ones she took her time to move slowly, fluidly, and sang her heart out, interacting with some of the people who came up, or giving smiles or nods to people who actually knew her there, mostly acquaintances, but over all Lyniss was very personable and liked by those who knew her.

After singing about five songs, she took a brief break, getting a drink of water so her throat didn't get dry, not needing to suddenly have her voice crack in the middle of a song. She visited for about three songs, talking with people she had met in the club before, and meeting new people who enjoyed her singing. Despite all this attention, she remained rather humble, thanking them for the compliments before excusing herself to go get some more water from Lily before she sang again, "What do you think so far?" She asked Lily, obviously she was trying her hardest, and she thought she sounded alright up there, but asking someone who was sober and not high on something was going to be a better judge of how she sounded.

"Oh my god, are you kidding me? I haven't seen a solo act like yours in a long time. You are certainly a natural, sister. The crowd especially seems to like you. I'm sure you saw how moved they were by your music and they almost treat you like an instant celebrity." After her praise she turns her gaze slightly just to the right of Lyniss and rolls her eyes. "Spike!" She says hushed but quite angrily annoyed. "Get out of here!" She looks around as if worried someone might spot the newcomer. "You know my boss doesn't want to see you." She tries her best to whisper that last part.

jI3MNb5.png

The young male who approaches the bar looks somewhat familiar. Though his attire isn't out of place in the setting, it still catches the eye. Spike, likely a nickname, is raven haired, green eyed and fairly thin. He was a bit taller than Lyniss, the top of her head just below his chin. He sported a light amount of make up around the eyes and has quite a few reasonably placed piercings, lip, nose, and a few in each ear. His body is decorated with tattoos. His tattered sleeveless leather biker jacket is all he was wearing on top. His arms, chest and neck were covered in artwork. He wore a pair of fingerless gloves, wore tight black jeans and some worn out solid black Chuck Taylor high tops. He looked around as well, like he knew he wasn't supposed to be here. He seemed a bit paranoid, but also had a sense of desperation. "Lily, I need to see Jeanette. I've got something really important to tell her. Please just let me up the elevator, its urgent."

Lily looked quite upset at this request, "Hell no! If Therese sees you, she'll kill both of us. There's no way I'm going to do anything for you after last time. I can't trust you to control yourself. Just let it go, you aren't allowed here anymore, you know that. How did you get passed Grant anyways?"

"It doesn't matter. Its not his fault okay. I snuck in. Just let me up please, its really, really important." Spike looked almost like he was ready to run to the elevator, something was making him agitated, something that wasn't here. He kept looking toward the door with deep concern. "Lily, please. Just let me see her, I'll deal with the consequences."

Lily almost looked like she was near budging, she sighed and looked down below the bar where the controls for the elevator were, "Fuck!" She looked like she was fighting with some inner turmoil. She reached out a hand, like she was trying to control the buttons with her mind, but instead clutched her stomach like she was going to be sick. "I can't... J... Jack... I'm sorry. I just can't disobey her."

Spike looked at the front door, and his eyes went wide. Two men walked into the room. Like some kind of secret government agents, they both wore black suits and dark aviator sunglasses. Under their slick combed back black hair, each had an earpiece in the right ear. They looked around in unison and stopped their gaze at the bar. Spike pulled himself over the bar and tackled Lily. That's when everything seemed to run in slow motion. The men reached into their jackets and pulled out guns that seemed uncharacteristically large for where they came from. Before she could react, bullets sprayed from the matte black submachine guns. The repetitive blasts so loud they completely drowned out the music. People in the crowd had no chance to take cover and dropped like rag dolls. Bloody murder echoed in the building as the two men turned around without another look and were gone.

Lyniss could feel a hot warm liquid spilling down her stomach and down her legs. Soon after she felt her legs quiver and with a blink she was laying on the ground. She felt no pain, no emotions except draining. Her vision was fading quickly, she knew what had happened, her brain registered the end, but before she was released she felt one final thing. Something dripped on her face. Another blink and she could see Lilys face, tears streaming from her cheeks, but not tears, blood. The taste, she could taste it as the last thing she experienced.

Confirmation from Lily was a relief and Lyniss nodded, taking another drink of water before Lily's expression seemed to sour a little at the sight of the man approaching the bar. Glancing him over, he was not bad looking, definitely fit the type meant to be here, and Lyniss could appreciate piercings, having a few herself (at least I thought she had since it was one of my kinks I wanted included), but it seemed "Spike" was not welcome at the club and was trying to get into the elevator. Watching the interactions between the two Lyniss knew she didn't want to get in the middle of it, but Lily looked very ill as she told him no, calling him by a completely different name. When he looked around and his eyes widened, she knew that look and from instinct looked in that direction as well.

Seeing the men in the suits, and their hair slicked back, Lyniss wondered if they were real, appearing like they were something out of a bad movie. But what they did next sent the whole club into chaos, everything happening so slowly, but so fast. One moment she was standing, seeing the guns come out from their coats, the next moment Lyniss could feel a hot liquid pouring down her body, then somehow she was on the floor. She knew something wasn't right, and didn't want to accept what had happened, not when she was so close to attaining her goal, but as the seconds ticked by, feeling like ages, Lyniss knew she had been shot and that there was nothing she could do about it. She registered one last thing before she passed out, at some point Lily had gotten around to where Lyniss was, and she was... crying? Had she gotten shot too? But before her brain could process this she could taste something on her tongue, something she knew, but with her consciousness fading she just couldn't place it, or her brain didn't want her to place it, not yet.

Is death an experience or is it the utter end of such things that living beings fail to appreciate as much as they should? Where does life end and death begin? The concsciousness, the soul, heaven, hell; are these products of the human imagination or is there something else, bigger that has power over the veil protecting mortals from the great horrors that haunt dreams? Is death a new adventure, a new beginning, or is it the end, casting the hopes, dreams and desires of the conscious mind into the ever-hungry maw of oblivion?

Lyniss's death was an eternity, yet fleeting. Before she could be torn from this existence by the nothingness that haunts our souls, life was returned to her. Gasping for breath, the young woman awakens, once again, reborn. The world once beautiful and vibrant, now unseemly and dull. All of her senses were assaulted by every color, sound, texture, taste and smell hit her like a soiled, sopping rag. Light assaulted her eyes sending her mind into confusion, telling her to be afraid, to run. Every hum and whisper lashed at her ear drums causing her to grate her teeth. Her teeth, long sharp canines dug into her tongue, the unexpected pain made her angry and hungry. The hunger rose in her belly, no in her brain, no deeper yet. She did not taste blood on her tongue after the bite, no, it tasted like ash; dry, gritty and burnt. The smell, the smell... blood. There was blood, only blood. Blood was missing, she needed blood. The hunger was painful, it grabbed at her insides threatening to unleash some dark horror. The nightmare that lived inside her beckoned and teased her to let it feed, to find the nearest warm flesh bag and tear into it till every drop was hers.

Then, she tasted blood. She was out of control. The vitae was intoxicating. Life essence flowed into her as she bit down and sucked hard at the ample bosom pressed against her lips. She could drink forever, drain this cold carcass filled with the crimson ambrosia that took her pain away and made her feel... alive? No, powerful. She drank and drank until finally a power greater than her frail corpse could handle.

She was pinned back down, against the soft mattress. Her eyes seemed to open again, though, did she ever close them? Everything seemed to fall back to what it was before. Before what? The room around her took a form that wasn't so offensive to her. Though it was nothing special, it was a very welcome sight to what she may have expected. She was in someone's bedroom. The body above her confirmed whose.

"Are you okay?" Lily made a weak smile. "How do you feel? I've never done this before..." She paused and looked quite sick again. "I am sorry, but... I couldn't help myself. I couldn't let you go. It wasn't fair." Again, like the scene just before... Before what? A dry wound on Lily's chest looked quite severe, it was a large bite. The marks of human teeth on her breast wear skin was torn with a great ferocity. Two marks, where the canines rest were much more deep, piercing the flesh. A light trickle of fresh blood dripped down from each hole, yet they did not bleed anymore, though they did not look closed. However, the only pain Lily expressed was emotional. She struggled with a mix of shame, fear and sorrow. "Please, understand, please don't hate me."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom