Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] (Private RP)

When she started to talk to him he turned around looking quite irritated. "Whose askin'?" He started to say in a gruff voice; however, when she mentioned her name "Lyniss?" He asked almost surprised and then somewhat disappointed. "Oh. Well, the boss is waiting for ya." He smacked the bottom of the bar casually and she could see the light of the elevator turn on in the mirror behind the bartender. The old fashioned elevator gate slid open as before allowing Lyniss passage to Therese and Jeanette's haven above.

Seeing his reaction, she figured he knew what had happened, and would probably give her a lot of space. Glancing to the elevator, Lyniss thanked the man and made her way over to the elevator, curious to know what Therese had wanted to talk with her about. Waiting for the doors to open, once again she was reminded that she didn't like this thing and stepped inside then headed up. Leaning against one of the walls, she sighed softly, remembering all too well that image she had of Lilith, which seemed to distract her and make her a little unsettled. It didn't help that she felt like the elevator might just give and send her falling into some horrible abyss. It might have been a little dramatic, but after what she saw, she wasn't going to put it past this place to do such a thing.

"Mmhmm" the bartender responded, going back to looking busy and apathetic. The elevator shook violently as it was released and moved up a little too fast for comfort. It wavered just as it reached its peak, but nonetheless it got her to the destination unharmed if not a little shook up. She had to force the gate open this time to get out. As she stepped off the lift, she heard a buzz and Therese's voice over an intercom speaker in the ceiling. "Hello, Lyniss. Please come inside." It was quite spectacular the amount that this area dampened the sound from the very loud band below.

A click on the door that led into that bizarre room opened up and just as before, almost like deja vu, she was in there with Therese who was standing in the very spot she was. Everything looked oddly familiar but now it was all in a new light. Everything was a bit more sharp and crisp then her previous memory and their was sometime comfortable about being in this enclosed room.

"So, Lyniss." She started mostly unreadable with her deadpan professional tone and resting bitch face expression. "It seems we have a lot to discuss, you and I. I imagine you may feel lost and alone in this new world you've been thrust into. I am an open book to you, childe. You may ask me anything you wish. Within reason, of course."

"Have a seat please, and feel free to speak your mind." She gestured her hand at her red velvet couch and sat herself down in a lounge chair beside it, sitting quite properly but still giving off a sense of mystery and power. Though she isn't a very tall woman or particularly crass, something about her makes Lyniss feel like she is clearly not her equal in any capacity. Although she looks no older than Lyniss, she just has this sense of timelessness, especially when looking into her eyes which with her expressionless stare is quite an awkward task.

For a moment, Lyniss wondered if she was walking into a completely different place. Sure, it kind of looked the same, but it seemed so different from before, and she seemed to stare a little longer than last time she had been here. Seeing Therese, the first thought that came to mind was that she would be pretty if she didn't looked to irritated by everything, but she didn't dare say it.

Hearing her say what everyone else kept saying was getting old, and she nodded a little. "Not so much alone, because I always have been alone even before now. But very lost. There's so much going on, and a whole lot I have no idea about." She said as she took a seat. "I didn't know Lilith, and I don't know why she did what she did, and yet people are pissed off at me for what she chose to do." She said slightly flustered, "If I could have, I would have traded spots with her, but obviously it's too late to say that now."

She had not intended to talk to her about what happened down stairs, but it had made her rather unsettled and she looked to Therese with concern. "Is... is there something vampires can do... to... I don't know how to describe it... make someone else hallucinate something that isn't there?" She asked, then she went into detail about what she saw in the club, figuring either she was overreacting and her mind was playing tricks on her, or something else was at play.

Once finished explaining it, she waited to see if the stone faced woman gave any reaction to her description.

Therese sat like a statue as she listened to her guest's thoughts and concerns only finally speaking once Lyniss had everything on her mind in the open. "Well, being lost is a common feeling to a childe without a mentor, Lyniss. A position I would be willing to take on if you prefer a faster track to success and power. There may be others out there, Anarchist or possibly Sabbat who might take you in and offer to 'show you the ropes' per se." She gave an expression of distaste, "But the Anarchists will likely bore you with ideas of discontent and disorder and the Sabbat, well, they are mindless monsters, nothing more. However, if you stick with me, trust me, follow me, Lyniss. I can offer you more than just a warm place to stay, petty companionship and hopeless dreams. Think on it, Lyniss. A woman like you can have a real place in our society, not as some common rabble or layabout. Until then, I can answer your questions, but remember who is guiding you to success, childe, and who might be leading you to an early grave."

She sat back and crossed her legs before continuing, "To speak on the power of Kindred, Lyniss, the power of the blood is an endless mystery for sure. Many of our kind have powers beyond mortals imagining. These powers of the blood, also known as Disciplines to our kind, are powered by Vitae. Vitae is the blood in your veins, as opposed to the living blood in mortals. Trust me there is a difference, and you'd know if you tasted the blood of a strong Kindred." She thought for a moment, "These powers are natural to you, Lyniss. As natural as breathing was when you were mortal, as easy as digesting food. Before you ask me how to access these powers, first look inside yourself, feel the Vitae inside you and tell me what it is you can do."

This was the first time someone had actually explained things in detail to her, and for that she appreciated Therese being forward and not playing too many word games. The further she went into talking about being taken under her wing the more she wondered, would others be doing the same thing, trying to gain her as a follower? And if so, why? What did they see, if anything? After Therese finished her pitch about who to follow, who to trust and so on, Lyniss looked at her, this time she seemed to be much more serious and taking a calming breath, more out of habit than necessity, she spoke up. "Is it likely that others will ask me the same thing? To put my trust, and everything into them? I already think someone was watching me, or... at least a man's ghoul literally ran into me on the way here, Knox said is Master's name was Bertram Tung. I thought it was odd that someone kept on a 'tight leash' as he put it, managed to cab his way to a blood bank." She said as she looked to Therese. "I suppose what I want, is to be in a position like your's, I was homeless before I got the job singing here, and on the same night I got shot." She said with amid of morbid amusement to the way things had happened that day. "And with the 'trials' I'm being sent to do with Spike, I feel like I'm being set up to get myself killed."

Thinking on it, she sighed, "Can I think on it a little, I feel like it's a much larger decision to be. And while following you, and sticking with you is simple enough, I don't want to offend you, but I have learned the hard way to never trust anyone. I'll try, but I expect the worst in all people." She said rather bluntly herself.

When mention of powers came up, she furrowed her brow a little, not certain what she was talking about, she seemed to consider what she said. Look inside herself and feel the Vitae, then tell her what she can do? It didn't make sense, but taking a moment to not think, but just to relax and calmly feel for it, she tried her best to follow Therese's instructions, thinking to herself, 'what can I do'? Not sure if she was doing it right, she simply tried to focus on it and figure it out.

"Ah, you met Bertam's pet, did you?" There was vitriol in her voice when speaking the name. "Not surprising, if I must say. Don't be naive, girl." Therese said almost patronizing, "Sometimes it's easy to forget the ignorance of the fledgling when you are in a position like I am." She said arrogantly, "The thing that separates a childe from an elder, Lyniss, is an understanding is that coincidences don't exist. I would bet Knox was there because his master meant him to be. The Prince rid himself of a potential nuisance to him and gained a pawn. Jack, poor helpless Jack," She spoke about him sarcastically as someone would about a puppy, allowing her composure to waver only to ridicule the thin-blood, "lost a friend but found another girl to manipulate. There is one person you met that you failed to mention, Jeanette."

"I know many who first meet her are drawn to my sister's crassness and unabashedly scandalous nature. In the club business, I suppose that kind of personality is a necessary evil. But she's also my sister. Besides running with the wrong crowd, she has her own grandiose dreams. But, they involve mostly deviancy and debauchery. Hardly anything to be taken seriously. Be mindful when around her and any others you may meet. She may tease like a harlot, but she's as shrewd as a succubus. That's for certain. But what can one do when one of your greatest inconveniences is flesh and blood?" Her mind seems to wander for a moment. "Ah well, anyway, let's hear more about you. It really shouldn't take more than a few moments of self-searching, Lyniss."

And she wasn't wrong, after a few moments silence and the barest amount of concentration revealed what she must have known about herself all along. Although she couldn't put words to what she could do, it was clear as night. The power of the melody in her voice and to fade, to be unseen where within her own power.

Listening to what she said, Lyniss nodded a little, i figured he would not be there by accident, but i was worried with the way he was talking." She said before her attention came to tue subject of Jack and Lybiss slightly shifted in her seat. "Why dont you like him?" She asked, "He helped me with the task i was given by the prince. And why do you say poor Jack?" Was she missing something.

"As for Jeanette, i wasnt drawn to her as much as i was at the prospect of her offer to sing at the club. She is interesting and seemed to think i was upset or that our friendship has been strained, so i intended to mend that with her while i was here so there were no misunderstandings." She said figuring that being her sister, she would be concerned about Lyniss's intentions.

When she felt that unexplainable part of herself, feelingnthe music, she smirked a little and shook her head before opening her eyes and looking at her with a none too surprised look. "I dont know what music and song has to do with it, but i get a feeling it pertains to that. And being homeless i was already ignored and looked past, but i think its more than that. Like being unseen but to an extreme." She wasnt sure if that made sense, but it was how she thought about explaining it.

"I never said I didn't like Jack, but he has been a thorn in my side, though he may have not intended to do so. He's always getting my girl's into trouble, Jeanette has been insufferable ever since he filled her mind with his Anarchist ideals and I need not mention what happened with Lilith. The boy is just bad news and not really someone I feel worth associating with. I don't spite him, but neither would I do him any favors. I wouldn't doubt he's filling your mind with nonsense as well." Therese spoke with a bit of contempt about the thin-blood. "He knows to watch himself around me, which is the only reason why I tolerate him making a haven in my city. Though maybe one day he'll see reason, he isn't stupid, just a bit young and naive."

"I see, well, you are more sensible than I may have predicted. Jeanette is my sister and my childe, so she is my responsibility. However, she often gets in the way of my plans. Don't let her tempt you, she may put on her pathetic pout, but she is no innocent soul. Just keep your wits together around her. I'm not sure where she is lurking at the moment, probably somewhere cavorting with some Anarchist rabble. Either that or she might be in the balcony slutting it up with kine."

"Music and song? That is very interesting, I wonder if Lilith was a Daughter and never told me." She looked thoughtfully away for a moment "That might explain some strange goings-on around here." She looked back, "Oh, and Obfuscation? That doesn't seem right at all. My word, you must be clanless." She shook her head disappointed, "What a shame, though I supposed I shouldn't be surprised with the way your embrace was so unceremonious. It's no matter. Just don't go around barking about it, it won't go around well in most circles. Especially not with the Camarilla. Just keep that bit a secret. If anyone asks, just tell them you are Toreador. Once someone finds out you're Caitiff, it will spread like wildfire. I wouldn't doubt that many already suspect it."

Last edited:
When Therese mentioned why she seemed to have an issue with him, she didn’t quite understand, but shrugged it off. She didn’t know enough about how Anarchists, Camarilla, or any of that worked to really form much of an opinion. But she listened and nodded a little. “He hasn’t been filling my head with nonsense, not yet at least. And I tend to take anything people tell me with a grain of salt. He has however been the kindest person compared to the others I have met, not that I’ve met many.” She said before thinking on something and tilting her head, “So… the Prince? I thought there wasn’t one for here? So who is the one I am doing these trials for? Or did I misunderstand something?” She asked.

Thinking on Jeanette, she sighed a little, “Yeah, I know she isn’t. She did bring me here that night. Apparently she might have already had things in mind for me, which I wanted to ask her about. But that’s neither here nor there. As for what happened to Lilith, I don’t think Jack is the person to blame for that, but then again, I have a different opinion since I was front and center for what happened.” She said.

Listening to the comment about Daughter, and… Obfuscate? She wasn’t entirely sure what that meant. Toreador, another thing with clans. She didn’t understand why these clans were so important.

“Why does it matter if I am a part of a clan? What is so wrong with being a Caitiff?” She asked, obviously showing how little she knew of the society she now found herself in. It felt rather old school, or even beyond that. It seemed Clans were on top, followed by everything else beneath them which seemed to be thin-bloods, and Caitiffs, unless she was mistaken. Seeing the disappointment on Therese’s face, she wondered if the woman would take back her offer now that she knew she was clanless, or if she would just keep it a secret as well and say Lyniss was a Toreador.

"Prince LaCroix appointed himself the regent of Los Angeles, much to the chagrin of the Anarchs. He is a powerful man with many powerful friends. Before he brought order to the region despite the Anarchist and Sabbat influence, this place was a mess of chaos. If it weren't for him, the Sabbat would have wiped out the Anarchs in a matter of a few years then LA would have been no less than a horror show. Each city can have a Prince. While some hands stretch further than others, there is no official Prince of Santa Monica, but there is no one more worthy than yours truly. It is only a matter of time before LaCroix and the other Primogen appoint me. Keep that in mind, childe."

"Is he not to blame? Maybe it wasn't his intention, but he brought his problems to us. Coming into my domain with trouble on his tail was not the way to handle himself. Many kine were killed, my Elysium was compromised and we lost one of our own. It makes my club look more vulnerable than it should. On the other side. This new Second Inquisition has been brought to light. A new threat that if not brought to the attention of the Camarilla could have had dire consequences. Now, we know to be ready."

"Many Kindred, Lyniss, like mortals are very religious. Though you may understand that we have more reason to be. We are all creatures of the night, cursed by God for our greatest sin. Cursed to live and see the darkness that truly exists in this world. Not able to help. Only able to sit and watch it all fall to pieces. Our kind has their own struggle against each other and the fear of our ancestors. I am not sure it is time for you to understand all of this, but let me tell you one thing. You, my childe, carry the blood of Caine in your veins. Cursed by God the day he slew his brother out of jealousy. Maybe one day I'll tell you more about this."

"To make a long story short; however, many believe that the Caitiff and Thin-Bloods are a portent of the end times. A warning from our blood father that Gehenna approaches. Not just the end of us, but the end of civilization itself. When our ancestors will rise and devour all their children and take their revenge on God's creation. That is why you and Jack are hardly tolerated. There are many out there who would see you dead without a second thought, especially the Sabbat. If it wasn't for the Camarilla, Lyniss, you two might have had a blood hunt on you."

"Now, unless you have further business with me, Lyniss, I do have some things to attend to. I'll email you a calendar and you can choose which nights you wish to perform." She stands up and walks over to her desk. "If you do find Jeanette, please tell her I want to see her."

“So there is the high likelihood that you will be Prince in the near future.” She said thoughtfully. Nodding she listened to her explain how she saw Jack being to blame. “As for Lily’s death, no I can’t blame him, because he just happens to be a thin-blood that is disliked, so it’s easy to put blame on him, technically, the blame can be put on many. Sure there’s Jack, for bringing the men with the guns. Me, for performing that night had I not been here to change, she might not have. Then there is you, had you not hired me, I might have left and not been killed in a hail of bullets. But I never would have been here had Jeanette not found me at the diner and convinced me to come audition.” She pointed out going all the way to the beginning of that night. “But there was something that happened before the shooting. Jack came in, frantic and saying that he needed to talk to you if I remember correctly, because it was extremely important, had she not told him that it was not allowed, and argued with him, you might have been given enough warning to do something about protecting this place before the attack.” She brought her hands up in a non-threatening way. “I’m only able to go off of what I saw, and how things were perceived from my end, so I am sorry if what I have said has upset you or might not be how you see things, but you did say I could speak freely.” She added before getting up.

“I’m not sure if that’s the best way of going about dealing with Thin-bloods and Caitiffs. If they keep killing them off like that, then those that have survived will go into hiding, change others, warn them to stay away from you, and possibly build something to rival those who would see them dead. I’m pretty sure there is something like that in a saying. About trying to avoid your fate, by taking action when you’re really just causing that fate to happen.” She mused a little as she looked to Therese, “But you are willing to take me in, and help me. So I have no reason to want to join people like that, and might even help prevent something like that from happening, although I know I’m not of much help right now.” She confessed, “Maybe if others treated them well, they can avoid that destiny from taking place.” She shrugged, “But I don’t know all that much unfortunately.” She sighed.

Heading toward the elevator she paused and nodded, “Actually, there was one thing I wanted to ask. I have a band that I wanted to play with me. Jack would not be a part of it since you don’t want him here, but I wanted to help out the less fortunate, and thought I would ask if they could perform with me? I would be willing to lower any pay I got, to compensate them, but I wanted your approval first.” She said with a smile, “I’d even be willing to give your offer much more serious thought, and an answer soon on following and supporting you.” She added, “And I need to speak to Jeanette, so I will let her know you need to see her when I go to find her.” She waited to see what Therese would say before leaving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom