Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The End of the World (Taguiera)

Taguiera

Meteorite
I've been wanting to write an apocalyptic story, with zombies or other world ending events. I started with a friend but didn't get very far. I am intending this to be a long term, book-like, RP, with one or more paragraphs per reply. While not exactly a high college graduate, I do consider myself reasonably educated and write with what I consider to be high quality, both in grammar and spelling, as well as in plot, and would appreciate the same in a writing partner. I'm including what has been written thus far, with the understanding that the storyline may differ in part or a lot, as I'm not set in stone as to what the storyline is or can be. I am open to discussion about any and all details.

Additional notes: Long time RPer from House Eros, despite what Fiction Depot says about me being virgional. Also, as I didn't make it clear, all ages are intended to be 18 and above. Additionally, the Lexi character is mine, the other is my friend's.
[automerge]1556498562[/automerge]
Writing thus far:

As far as Saturdays went, the day had started as normal as any other Lexi Cote, not that there was much normal for her average day. Amongst the small population of the town she lived in, she was more of a loner than most. She'd moved here shortly after her 18th birthday, when her parents had died and she was left with a sizable inheritance. At 34, she could name nearly every person, but knew next to none of them on a personal level. That she lived at the edge of town kept her apart, mostly never seeing anyone except when she went for groceries or had her property serviced.

The news that day started with some spreading epidemic and she tuned it out, assuming it was some kind of prank or faulty programming. People were being told to stay in their homes, to stay out of crowds. If someone was showing initials signs, coughing, fever, glazed eyes, report to the nearest authority immediately and do not approach. She just shook her head and headed to her kitchen for breakfast. It pretty much described her life to a T and made little deviance to her day.

"Do I look like I give a shit?!" She asked sarcastically, pulling the little white packet in her hand closer to her body, as if to shove it back into a pocket. Of course, that naturally made the man in front of her panic.

He was taller than her by a at least half a foot, standing around 6" himself. His shaven head, failing dentition and roughshod clothes made the younger girl look positively classy, even though she herself was wearing an old black t-shirt and light blue jeans with unwanted rips over the thighs. "No, it's okay I've got the money!" The desperation in his voice was obvious.

"Oh, so you were lying to me before?" She asked, turning her back to him, making to walk away. Naturally, he lurched after her, rushing around in front of her, "Come on, come on! I've got the money, here" he practically thrust a wad of crumpled notes into her palm.

She looked down at the mess of old notes in her hand, and sighed, slipping the packet into his hand. When her pretty eyes looked into his, she winced at his unusually pale complexion, "You need to go easy man, you look awful, even for you" she teased.

He didn't care, and was already walking away. The girl checked her cellphone, and announced under her breath, "Fuck, I'm gonna be late!" As she hurried off in the opposite direction, she turned around, and saw her customer bent over double, coughing and coughing, until blood flicked out over the sandy sidewalk.

She didn't stop, but turned around to face him, walking backwards, "Just as well that was my last stuff. You need to lay off it!"

---

The town was one of the last pockets of humanity to be affected, but it was not beyond touch. It started slowly that Saturday, with a car driving into town, its passengers bringing death and contagion with them. It took less than an hour for the cycle to start again, the infected infecting others, who then died and began attacking.

The small café, one of the few restaurants in North Prairie, was the origin location, not that anyone would care after a day or two. The passengers, a man and woman, had been seated only long enough to receive menus and cold water, before the woman slumped face down on the table and then to the floor. Convulsions wracked her body as the man moved to kneel beside her. Blood sprayed from her mouth, filling the air with droplets that spread to anyone within a few feet.

Finally, her convulsing died down and she appeared to stop breathing, stop moving, stop… everything. But only for a few seconds, then she launched herself up and bit the man's neck. Several patrons tried to stop her, to keep her from killing him and failing, only to have the woman turn on them. After that… it was only a matter of things spreading.

--

She turned her back to him, and walked swiftly away, "Maybe that lady gave you AIDS!" She joked as the man continued to cough onto the paving. They'd met in an alleyway behind a local diner, and on the way in, a car had been pulling up outside. As one of the passengers got out, she coughed all over her friend. She didn't think anything of it.

As the teenager rounded the corner, she stopped, and drew a breath. She looked up and down the street, taking in the sights. It was a Saturday morning, though that didn't mean much around here. It wasn't like the townsfolk were all rolling in money, just waiting for the joys of the weekend. The economy wasn't great, and this town felt like it was twenty years behind the rest of the country. Even though she was only 16, she knew that her prospects here weren't good.

The girl turned, and took a single step along the sidewalk, when all hell broke loose. A body smashed through the window of the diner, shattered glass flying with it. There were screams from inside, followed by someone leaping out of the window, and immediately climbing on top of the person who'd come out the window.

The teenager froze, watching as instead of helping the woman who followed out of the window sunk her teeth into the first person's neck, biting a genuine chunk and starting to chew.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She ran forward, and shoved hard, barging the woman off the person on the floor. It was at that point that she looked up. There must've been a dozen or so people in that diner, some coughing, some slumped over tables and booths, some bleeding, some not even breathing. It was a scene of carnage.

Before she could take it all in, she heard a snarl beside her, and the woman she'd barged was getting back to her feet. The teenager needed no further information, and was already running.

---

For the first time in weeks, Lexi left her home, her property, and headed into town. She'd only realized that morning her milk had spoiled, deciding for her to have eggs instead of cereal. Curses had filled her house, but the grocery store wasn't more than a few miles. There were other things, a list she'd been keeping, but today was as good as any.

Her car, small and powerful, growled as she tore down her driveway and towards town. A café was on her way to the only grocery in town and she slammed the brakes as a woman, barely a girl, ran across her path. A momentary reflex less and she would have hit her and, in fact, did think she'd hit the woman she noticed chasing. Slamming the car into park, she started to get out only to see the woman start to rise, a hand smacking the hood. Her eyes widened as she noticed the blood drenched digits. How could there be so much blood? She hadn't hit the woman that hard, had she?
[automerge]1556577402[/automerge]
Ping

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom