Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What RP can you not get off the ground?

Deante

Star
Is there an RP idea that you simply cannot get to work, despite trying multiple times? Be it the situation or the partners you've had?

The one I've tried is fairly simple; furries exist, society treats them like intelligent pets. Guy picks up a stray and takes her home.

I've tried this five times. The first, I backed out because of certain choices my partner did. The second because my partner couldn't ge tpast the second-class nature of the character. But I've been ghosted on three times in a row now. I don't quite get it.

You?

I had one, fallen paladin x his former student (or wife).

The first time I tried it, we had great chemistry between our characters, great build up to the first smut scene, impressive world building, and a smoking hot first scene. Then, it devolved into nothing be smut for the next three scenes. "Let's have sex in this room, now let's have sex in that room. Oh, now we should have sex in another room." I got bored of waiting to get back to plot, and dropped it.

The next time we jumped right into smut, but it really worked for me, great scene. And then my partner dropped me. So three whole posts.

The next got a little further, with a perfectly executed first scene that I absolutely loved. Then it sort of meandered when our characters finally got to meet, before he disappeared. Bummer.

The next was great, wonderful chemistry between our characters, delightful build up for the first smut scene. Then my partner took a long break form the site, and when we started up again, the luster was gone, and the first smut scene fizzled out. But I persisted, and we had some interesting plot elements come up and some interesting character development, and I was into the direction we were heading. In the end, it just didn't work, and we dropped it.

Part of the issue with all of these was that they were pretty generic "dom/sub with corruption" dynamics, and while that scratched an inch, it wasn't the overarching plot I wanted for the rp. I had actually given up on finding a partner for it, and resigned myself to write it solo. I meant to take it off my request thread, but on the day I returned from a lengthy hiatus, I got an approach that perfectly captured exactly what I wanted out of the original idea. That went on to be one of the best stories I've ever written, and I am so proud of it, I've been working on turning it into a novel series.

So, I guess the lesson is don't give up if you absolutely love an idea. But, also, don't treat an idea as so precious that your partner doesn't have room to add in their own ideas.

xanaphia said
So, I guess the lesson is don't give up if you absolutely love an idea. But, also, don't treat an idea as so precious that your partner doesn't have room to add in their own ideas.
That's certainly good advice. But what if the partner does not take the opportunity to fill the room with her own ideas and cravings, but just disappears?

I have more or less the same row of experiences as you, xanaphia, great OOC, brainstorming, telling each other that we are "on the same page", then I write the starter exactly along the lines conceived OOC and then - nothing.
My estimate is that it's often the "speed" that doesn't fit. I am a slow burner, want to build up feelings, attraction, teasing, and then my partner writes: Oh please fuck me! In the first or second reply. That's where I lose interest completely. While I know that even them having sex can be described in an enticing way, rich in detail, it often marks the end of an erotic build up.

But in order to answer the question of Deante in the first post
Is there an RP idea that you simply cannot get to work, despite trying multiple times?
I say: medical play doctor x patient. I always try to find out what the "patient" wants, how to be treated, and also try to convey my ideas about it (a bit different from the mainstream), half a dozen attempts failed and I've finally crossed out that pairing in my RT.
I've browsed through the threads in order to find one doctor x patient roleplay with at least two dozen replies, but didn't find any (links welcome).

One RP I've made several starts at is, I think, at once both simple and complex: a Slice-Of-Life story that tells the story of two young women (both high-school age) in a Catholic, or otherwise strict, environment. One of the girls is new to the area, having moved internationally when her father got a new job; the other is more-or-less a bit of a social outcast. The story would tell how they meet, fall in love, enjoy smexy time with each other, and how they struggle to hide it all from their families and few friends.

Yes, I'm a guy who'd be writing one of the female parts.

Several starts over the years...nothing close to culmination. I've given up on it, a stance that is not helped at all by my rather limited writing time.

Back
Top Bottom