Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Destiny: Zeros not Heros (Alpha and PlatemailBikini)

AlphaZero

Dracula's not an Avenger? That lying fuck!
Historical records show that Mars had been the first world touched by The Traveler. A world that had been a barren lifeless dust ball, transformed into a living breathing cradle of research and innovation. Mars had been just improtant to the Golden Age as Earth had been. But now, like so many other places around the Solar System it was nothing but a broken husk. A graveyard littered with monuments to a dead civilization.

Jacob Kell leaned against the instrument panel of his Sparrow, staring out across the blowing red sands from behind the opaque visor of his helmet from atop a high ridge. One foot tapped against the wind blown ground with a nervuous energy, the Spurs on his boots jingeling with the movement. Waiting wasn't in his nature, he needed to be out there, cannon in hand mixing it up with the enemies of humanity, he was a Guardian, it was his job. But instead he had been sitting on this ridge for far longer than he wanted to, but that was the problem with Warlocks, they never understood time.

"You sure this is the place Sigg?"

From above his left shoulder an digitized voice let out a long, frustrated sigh as his ghost hovered into view, "For the....twenty ninth time Kell, yes, these are the coordinates that where Provided. Tiamat will be here you just need to be wait."

"Oh yeah I'm sure she'll show up. When she feels like it. I swear, save the Galaxy a couple times, get everyone kissing ass and suddenly she thinks she's too good for me." He threw his hands into the air in frustration, "But who was there with her in the Vault of Glass? Me. Who had her back when she walked headlong into Crota's throne world? Me! Who walked headlong into hell with her to meet Oryx in combat? Oh you better believe it was me. But because she was the one who landed the killing blow SHE gets all the glory. And that thing with the old SIVA complex and the Iron Lord's? I did most of the work there."

"I know Kell, I was there."

The Hunter thumped his head against the bike's panel and let out a groan of frustration, "She is SO lucky she's got such a great ass. Otherwise I would NOT put up with this."

"I don't see what that..."

"It should be a crime to sit on something that pretty..." He muttered whistfully, lost in some far of day dream.

Sigg let out another sigh, "I hadn't wanted much. I hadn't wanted to get histories greatest Guaridan. But I had at least wanted someone competent. Someone worthy of the title....." He muttered, narrowing his single glowing eye at the now clearly distracted Hunter.

The whole ship jerked slightly, a wave of force rocking it, and a familiar sharp hum as the surface of Mars came into view. Beautiful really, red and glittering. Wait, no, those little flickers of lights were Cabal superweapons!

Still pretty though.

"I have entered the co-ordinates into the transmat, guardian," came a steady voice from inside her head.

"The stage is set, all the actors ready," hissed another; not her ghost, the other one. Tiamat nodded, choosing to ignore the ahamkara for now. Come back when you have something interesting for me. The whole world dissolved, and she felt her body re-align into a standing position as she dropped to the ground. Now all that remained was to find Jacob. She looked around, noting there was nothing here but sand and rock, a tall cliff wall rising above her.

"Is he late again?" Tiamat asked no-one in particular, waiting to see which of her companions answered first: the ghost, the Ghost or the hunter, provided he was setting her up for a prank again. "You're always alone. You're the only real thing remember?" ahamkara ghost wins on speed, but could learn to be more useful.

"Radar say's he's right here, let me ping him for you," Khwari answered more helpfully, followed by the soft ping of contact. Then she suddenly froze. She turned around, facing the cliff, straining her eyes against the dust and the sun. Up on the ridge was a suspiciously humanoid shape.

"Hey, Kell! Is that you Kell?!" She waved her arms up and down, hastily stumbling backwards to get out from under the ridge.

"Please don't scream," Khwari interjected, knowing full well he was being ignored, yet feeling as if it was his duty to at least try, "This area is swarming with hostiles."

"Kell! Down here! Woohoo?! Can you see me Kell?!"

"A Nova Bomb would get his attention..."

Kell hadn't paid much attention to the goings on around him, too wrapped up in his own daydreams about fortune and glory and all the perks that came with that. A stupid grin plastered across his face behind his visor.

Sigg heard the shouting first and skittered to the edge of the ledge, looking down towards the yelling figure below before returning to his partner.

"Kell, she's here."

Absentmindedly the Hunter swatted at the small robot, not paying enough mind to realize what was being said.

"Kell, you need to.." another swat.

It shouldn't have really been possible, but somehow Sigg let out a huff of frustration and backed up several feet before charging forward at full speed into the side of Kell's head.

He recoiled to one side from the impact, snatching at the Sparrows controls to try and keep himself upright and accidentally gunning the throttle causing the bike to lurch forward at an alarming speed before lanching off the edge of the cliff and going into a straight nose dive.

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit!" Kell hissed through gritted teeth as he plummeted downward, his cloak flapping wildly in the wind him.

The nose of the Sparrow slammed into the ground and crumpled under the impact and Kell was driven into the ground before the heavy frame dropped on top of him with enough force to shatter every bone in his body. For several long moments, the world went black.

Sigg wasn't far behind, hovering above the twisted remains of the Sparrow he set about his primary purpose, casting a beam of light onto the wreckage and after several seconds a loud groan came from under the wreck.

"...hate you....SO MUCH..." Kell groaned as he managed to shove the broken hulk of metal aside and sit up.

Tiamat waved as she saw the shape of a ghost peering over the edge, and waited for Kell to make his way down. Then she saw the tip of his sparrow come into view above.

"Oh man, is he gonna jump it?" If there was one thing she loved about Hunters, it was when they pulled stuff like this. Then the ship tipped over at far to steep an angle. "You need to get more of a run-up," she called, heedless to the large metal object hurtling towards her.

"Get back!" Khwari's voice shook her out of her trance, and she stepped back hastily, feeling the wind rushing in her face and feeling the impact as the sparrow, Jacob and all came crashing down.

She watched with her arms on her hips as Sigg brought him back, and chuckled as he left him right under the vehicle (at which Khwari had given him an understanding look). As he emerged from under the wreckage, she cocked her head to the side in mock consideration and then nodded decisively.

"2 out of 10. You need to get less experimental and make sure you have the fundamentals down. I see what you were going for but the landing was a mess, yet not messy enough. For an explosive finale like that you need more of a boom, more gibbing you know? I'm standing right here and I'm not even wet," she patted her robes to show the distinct lack of blood, "You get one point for the thought, and Sigg saves you another one with that hilarious rez." She turned to the ghost, giving him a thumbs up. "Good job."

"For the last time Guardian, 'competitive dying' isn't a real sport, no matter how much you pester Zavala about it."

"Spoilsport," she muttered, and he pretended like he hadn't heard her.

"If you're quite done here, the facility containing the item is just over the next ridge. It's a Cabal warehouse, so it should be filled with guards."

"I'll get you plenty wet...." Kell muttered as he stumbled to his feet, clearly still not fully functional after the fall and the rez that followed, "get you so wet you'll love it." He dusted himself off then leaned down to pick up his dropped hand cannon before loosing his balance and sitting down hard in dirt. Sigg did his best approximation of rolling his eye before shaking from one side to side.

"Idoit."

Kell struggled to his feet again, shaking his head and giving the side of his helmet sever solid smacks with his free hand, "I'm pretty sure Shaxx would argue that competitive dying is already a sport. Did I ever tell you guys about that time I beat Shaxx in The Cruible."

"You never did that."

"Yes, I did. You just weren't there. Now stop arguing with me. We got work to do."

He turned on his heels to face Tiamat and bowed sarcastically to her with a flourish of his cloak, "Ah, so the great and powerful hero of all has decended from upon high to come slumming with we common rabble of the system. I am HONORED by your presence oh one of the legendary ass."

He had laid the sarcasm on so thick that it was congealing on the inside of his visor, or maybe that was just blood he'd coughed up when the Sparrow had crushed him.

"If you want to get me wet, try setting off a grenade just as you make impact. That should send chunks of you all over. As long as you avoid using a solar one. Then again, that would make for a bigger boom..." As Tiamat rambled on, either having missed or ignoring his advances, she called up her own sparrow, coloured the same crimson and gold of her robes.

She mounted it, yet remained still, looking over her shoulder. "Load up a new ride and lets go check this place out."

"A heads up Guardians, I detect three hostiles up on the ridge ahead. Judging from their movements, most likely psions." al-Khwarizmi vanished in a flash, settling in within Tiamat's light.

"Just three of them?" She turned to Jacob, cocking her head in the direction of their goal, "Do you wanna take them, or would you prefer watching my 'legendary ass' in action?"

"He exists only for your amusement. Make use of this knowledge however you please, oh player mine..."

"And you shut up," Tiamat muttered sharply to herself, her head lowered.

When faced with the chocie of facing down Cabal or gawking at Tiamat's ass all day, the correct chocie was fairly clear. Because if there was one thing that was as legendary as the feats she had accomplished, it was her booty, and for good reason. But he also knew it would be impossible to enjoy the view during a firefight so he may as well do his job and get in there to mix things up.

With a heavy sigh Kell turned to Sigg who had already been in the process of transmating in a new ride for him.

He hauled himself into the saddle, taking a moment to double check his cannon was loaded and turned his attention towards the Psions on the high ridge. He squinted against the sun, making on their shapes in the distance, the tell tale tracers from their rifles as they attempted to try and sight on the two Guaridans. There was a nature to Hunters, an impulse to gamble and show off and Kell was no exception to that stero type.

"Sigg, transmatt me a rifle."

The Ghost complied with out much fussing and Kell brought the weapon to his shoulder. "How much you wanna bet I cant take out all three of 'em for here?"

"With that thing?" Tiamat gestured to the rifle in Jacob's hands. "No bet." She dismounted her sparrow, and strutted up to the hunter. She held up a a hand, and a hand cannon manifested, a heavy, gilded thing, its red and gold metal shimmering slightly in the sun. "With this?" She leaned in uncomfortably close, almost enough to bump their helmets together. "I'll do this whole job without my robes..." She then withdrew, turning on her heel and cocking a hip, causing her robes to flutter and bringing the mind to what lay underneath.

"That is a terrible idea."

"A game within a game within a game. I approve."

Tiamat ignored them and craned her arm behind her, holding out the hand cannon, dangling it in front of Jacob.

A hand canon at this range seemed like an impossible task, even a scout rifle would struggle this far but a hand cannon? There was no way it could be done. But doing things that seemed impossible was what Hunters loved to do. Get bragging rights for an insane shot AND get to see Tiamat strut around in the buff, it was a very hard thing for him to say no to. The visor of his helmet hide the arrogant smirk on his face as Kell reached out and took the gun from her, his hand lingering just a fraction of a second longer than it probably should have before he streached himself out along the length of the Sparrow, using the display panel to help steady his aim.

"Ok, so WHEN I make this shot, you're gonna strip down till you ain't got nothing to hide and go walking into a fire fight. Distracting, but I ain't gonna complain. What do you want IF I miss this?"

"When you miss."

"You have no faith in me."

"You're not as good as you think."

"No faith.".

Kell's attention turned back to the Warlock. Even with her robes on it wasn't hard to imagine what she had underneath, "So what's the counter bet?"

"First off, I said I'd ditch the robes, not the under-armour." Tiamat crossed her arms over her chest. Sometimes she wished her friend would get his head out of the gutter. Not that her skin-tight bodysuit would leave much to the imagination, but she had some dignity.

Sometimes.

"If you can't make it? I'll stick to the spirit of the thing: you strip."

"Can we not do this?" Khwari re-appeared, bobbing up and down in front of the two guardians in a way that suggested apprehension. "Us ghosts are here too you know..."

"Nothing you haven't seen before Khwari. Remember that time I hooked that sybian up to Failsafe?"

"Unfortunately."

"This won't be any worse than that."

"You track record with that statement fills me with dread Guardian."

"I would like to state that I agree with Khwari on this. This bet seems like something that could potentially put us at a tactical disadvantage. Failure to remove enemy socuts would alert the rest of the detachment to our presence. Just because Kell wants to sleep...."

"Shut up." He interrupted, "I got this. We got nothing to worry about. Even when she's running around without armor it's not like you guys can't just rez her when a stray round drops her. All this is, is a little fun between friends. Nothing else."

Kell setteled himself back into his shooters position and lined up his targets, "And I mean, if we don't constantly test the limits of what we're capable of, how can we ever improve?"

"That's what The Cruible is for." Sigg looked to his fellow ghost, tiling on his axis in a questioning manner, "What's a Sybian? And why did she hook it up to Failsafe?"

"Can you stop talking and let me focus?"

Kell sucked in a deep breath and held it then tapped the trigger. The gunshot sounded like thunder in the still silence and the first Psion fell from the ledge.

Sigg let out a gasp of shock, "I can't believe you really...."

Kell lined up his next shot, "I told you. I got this."

Another shot, another body crumpled and fell.

"I got this."

A third shot and a third drop.

"You really need to put more faith in me little buddy" he said triumphantly, rolling onto his back and sitting up, the handcannon whirling around his finger with arrogant grace.

"Maybe when you stop being a selfish asshole I'll give you the credit you seem to think you deserve."

When the first Psion dropped, Tiamat dismissed it as dumb luck.
When the second Psion dropped, she got a bit worried.
When the third Psion dropped, she sighed.

"Well shit."

"The odds of those shots all landing are forty-three thousand and-"

"Don't. Just... don't."

Tiamat sighed again, her shoulders slumping. Then she steeled herself and unclasped her helmet, pulling it off and watching it de-mat, drawing this out.

"Don't worry player mine, I'm always with you."

After shaking out her hair, Tiamat set about unhooking her robes, removing them at a speed that could charitably be called 'glacial'. All the while she glowered at Jacob. She had been the one to set the terms of the bet of course, but that mattered little now, after the fact. Besides, he was the one who started it... Fucking hunters.

Still, a bet is a bet, and so she set about slipping out of her gear. One by one, her many accouterments and garments de-matted, leaving her in nothing but her black, skin-tight bodysuit and her boots. Why did I have to wear the thigh-highs today...
Regardless of her objections, Tiamat in as close to nude as Jacob had ever seen was a sight. The suit was indeed very form-fitting, which allowed the light material to cover the body and prevent chafing or pinching from armour, but also made this kind of bet very favorable for the winner. Her beautiful body on full display. She was lithe and lean, with defined muscles and shapely curves, the black material of the suit only serving to make her form even more obvious against the red backdrop of Mars. Her large breasts especially stood out. The suit clung to them, supporting and lifting them.

The she turned around, now very eager to finish this mission. And there it was. Her ass. The way the suit molded to her left it practically all on display. Every step as she walked away to re-mount her sparrow caused it to jiggle enticingly. When she was finally back on her sparrow, the position gave Jacob a nice view of her from the side, especially her booty sticking out behind her.

"Keep staring you smug bastard. I'm gonna teach Sigg what a sybian is!"

"Please don't."

Kell would be the first two admit that sometimes he even amazed himself, and for the time being he wasn't going to admit how surprised he was that he'd actually managed all three shots. Dispite all the bravado he had expected only the first shot to connect. He also hadn't planned on backing out of their bet if things had gone wrong. You give your word on you keep it was a kind of unspoken rule amongst the Hunters. But today was a day where he didn't have to worry about keeping in his and instead just sat back to watch as Tiamat stripped down.

"Take all the time you need,"he said smugly, making himself comfy as he enjoyed the view. Sure she was taking her time and it wasn't a particularly titelating strip, but he still felt a certain amount of satisfaction.

"Ain't got no one to blame but yourself for this. Could have just bet glimmer. Or guns, or even that fancy little bike of yours. But you decided you wanted to show off. Not like I'm complaining. I mean...." He paused as she settled into the saddle of her Sparrow. Straddling it like she was caused all kinds of ideas running through is mind.

"You're drooling."

Kell moved to wipe at his face only for his hand to bank off his visor, drawing a slight snicker from Sigg which was met by an attempt swap the robot away.

The fun was over and it was time to do some work.

Kell hit the throttle and pulled up alongside her, Sigg vanishing in a small flash. He hated the speed of the Sparrows and would hid himself when Kell rode.

"Maybe you can ride something else for me later on." He said with a smirk before kicking the bike into gear and launching out across the flat plane.

"I figure I'll take point on this one!" He shouted back "that way I don't be distracted by that magnificent ass!"

"Not much of a charmer, that Jacob Kell," whispered the voice in her head. "His confidence far outstrips his abilities, and he thinks he can merely walk on in and mate you like some Hive broodmother?" As blunt, and sometimes creepy as it was, Tiamat found herself agreeing with the ahamkara occasionally, and this was one such time. Jacob could talk big, but so far she'd not really been that enticed. If he thinks I'll bend over and fuck him just because he want to do me, He's got another thing coming... "You are the savior of mankind. The only being in this universe that truly matters. You will take only what interests you."

"And just like that you've lost me," Tiamat said, revving her sparrow as she went to follow Jacob. The comment drew no reaction from Khwari, who was used to his guardian talking to herself. Tiamat followed close behind the hunter, watching the ridge ahead come closer and closer. She opened a commlink to Kell:

"The base should be right below, we might want to stop and have a look. Or we could just jump on in before anyone misses the guards."

The base in question was an old cabal warehouse, built before their first real experience with guardians if they thought building it against a cliff wall would offer any kind of protection. The item they were looking for -a stolen Golden Age engram key- should be somewhere in the stores. And if it wasn't, well it's not like thinning the cabal's ranks were a bad thing exactly...

Kell grinned and opened the throttle more. It was an odd sensation, going so fast but the armor blocking out the feeling of the rushing wind against his skin, but that didn't stop him from feeling the rush of adrenaline that coursed through his system. That was what he lived for, rush that came with the action.

"Stop and look? Do I look like a Titan to you?" He replied through the open channel.

He didn't hesitate, launching the Sparrow off the ridge, sailing over the baracades and comming to a skidding stop inside the walls.
Many years ago, when Sigg had first brought him into his second life, Kell had been carrying a small music player with him, a battered old peice of tech that had somehow kept him grounded and somewhat sane. Over the years he had dedicated more time than was probably healthy amassing a collection of Pre-Golden Age music spanning all manner of genres. He liked to have Sigg blast it when he worked.

"Sigg. Play track ACSTT."

"I'm not a speaker Kell." He complained as he reappeared.

The Cabal troops began to advance slowly, clearly itching for a chance to open fire. Kell's hand hovered above the grip of his cannon, waiting for the right moment to draw.

"Just do it Sigg."

A clicking sound came from the Ghost followed by the the wail of an electric guitar that seemed to startle the troops.

Kell drew, the weapon never rising past his hip, his sighted on the closest target and feathered the trigger. The trooper's head exploded and the fight was on.

With a sudden tug upwards, Tiamat blasted off the ridge, shooting off from her sparrow for it to crash into the foes below. While soaring through the air, she raised a hand, a pearl of void light hovering just above her palm. In an instant it began to swell, and as she threw it at the ground far below, it continued to expand until the Nova Bomb was large enough to engulf a tank. It slammed into the ground, tearing apart cabal before vanishing as suddenly and violently as it had appeared. It its wake came several lesser balls of shadow, seeking out and annihilating the survivors. Tiamat absolutely loved the feeling of unleashing her powers on humanity's foes, the rush comparable to nothing else.

A few volleys of gunfire and a grenade later, the part of the compound she had "claimed" was clear, and she turned her head to look at Jacob from over her shoulder, her gun resting against her other shoulder as she shot him a cocky grin. He may have won the bet, but she was still on top of the world!

"Well, that was fun. You done yet Kell?"

The cannon at his hip roared, the muzzle flash of each round blossoming like a angry flaming rose who's bloom meant the dimise of his foes. Kell sidestepped a volley of searing energy blasts from the Cabal weapons, the smell of sizeling ozone buring the insides of his nostils even through the protection of helmet.

The cannon clicked dry.

His hand to belt, thumb catching the ring at the end of his knife's handle and he brought it upwards, an underhanded throw that ended with the blade imbedded to hilt in the skull of Psion that had stepped into his way. He swung behind cover, the thunder of Cabal weapons and the explosions he knew Tiamat was raining down upon them punctuating the steady drum beat of the song.

He reloaded, the cylinder swinging open to discard the spent ammo, a fresh one loaded in before the empty hit the ground. A single flawless motion that he had performed so many times now that it was more natural than breathing.

"Keep you're damned shirt. Some of us show a little finesse when work."

He lobbed a swarm grenade towards an advancing trooper, listening as small charges of solar energy slammed into it.

Kell swung out from behind cover, his cannon raised and watched his targets, one round to each one cleared his side of the yard.

"There. You satisfied now?"

"Finesse schminesse," Tiamat gave him a dismissive wave, "you need to really shock and awe these buggers or they'll never learn not to mess with us humans." She watched as his grenade incinerated some poor phalanx.

"Besides, everyone knows warlocks are cooler anyways, so why even try?" Her voice toed the line between teasing and outright bragging. After a moment she struck a pose, her hands indicating at her body. "We're better dressed to. Even in just my under-armour I'd knock you out of the competition."

She knew inflaming this particular feud between their classes was a bad move, but at this point she felt she needed to pay him back for his constant lusting after her.

"Exterior cleared of hostiles, guardians." Interjected al-Khwarizmi, attempting to steer the conversation away from the path his guardian had just sent it crashing onto. "We are clear to enter the warehouse."

There was a certain level of arrogance Kell had come to expect from Warlocks over the years and by and large he'd managed to devlope a thick skin to it. But for some reason he was feeling particularly thin skinned today and rose to the bait she was dangeling in front of his face.

"Shock and awe. Last time I checked Titans where for shocking and awing. Ya'll where for being stuffy academics and getting yourselves exiled from The Tower. Meanwhile we're the ones gunning down the worst enemies humanity's seen since The Collapse."

The story of Shin Malphur shooting down Dredgon Yor was always a bragging point for Hunters dispite not a single one of them ever actually meeting Shin they gladly boasted about his exploits as if he was some close personal friend.

"You two can bicker all you want later." Sigg cut in, irritation clear in his voice. Kell was bad enough of his own but Tiamat always managed to bring out the worst aspects of his already insufferable personality, "You've already done enough showing off for the day so maybe you can focus on working now if that isn't TOO hard for you."

"Oh, like Ghaul and Crota?" Tiamat ignored Sigg's words, but nevertheless approached the thick metal doors. They were reinforced, and the compound had entered lock-down as soon as they'd started shooting. "Oh, what no. That was me," she finished, cocking her hips as if to punctuate her outright boast. With one hand on her hip, she held up the other, Khwari manifesting in it. He scanned the door's console.

"No luck, the whole system's in deadlock. Only way to access it is via an emergency panel, no doubt located behind all their defences."

"Well, give me a minute to re-gather the energy and I can blow the door for us." She walked away from the door, finding a relatively comfortable spot to sit down and meditate.
Meanwhile, Khwari floated over to Sigg.

"Well, this is off to a good start..." As much as Jacob and Tiamat were volatile when they worked together, at least their ghosts got along well. It may have something to do with them bonding over having to take care of their dumbass guardians. All ghosts were made at the exact same moment, but Khwari had a far more mature voice than most ghosts, making him at least appear to be older. Couple that with his experiences with the more esoteric parts of the universe thanks to his working with a Warlock, and he often struck many as being a more worldly and sgaely person than most.

Sigg ler out another heavy sigh and not for the first time ever, questioned how he'd gotten saddeled with a miserable excuse for a Guardian like Jacob Kell. He envied Khwari, his Guaridan had accomplished much in such a short period of time, her name was spoken with respect and pride by all who knew her wile Kell was treated as an embarrassment with in the ranks of the tower. He watched as Kell stormed over to the door and began to hammer on it wifh one gloved fist, shouting at the Cabal inside the open up and let them in. Another sigh escaped the small floating machine before he addressed his fellow Ghost, "I suppose we can count it as a win that they're focusing on killing Cabal this time and not each other. I honestly don't understand why they continue to work together as they do. They don't even seem to like each other that much."

The sound of hissing hydronics and grinding gears filled the air and Kell let out a triumphant shout as the doors began to open, "Hah! Ya'll see that! Sometimes all you gotta do is ask nicely and....."

Heavy footsteps echoed from inside the bunker and a fully armored Collosus emerged from door flanked by a pair of Phalanxes. The Collosus towered over Kell and the Hunter looked up at it "uh.... can I borrow a cup of sugar?"

It brought back one massive fist and backhanded Kell across the open yard with enough that his impact left a dent in the baracade he slammed into.

"Keep it down Kell. Meditating around enemies is hard enough without you making a fuss." She completely ignored the cabal, and the attack her "partner" had suffered. She continued to meditate, her concentration requiring more and more effort as Kell battled their foes in the background. The ghosts had already hid, and one of the Phalanxes had split off to approach Tiamat, who had her back turned to the action.

"Now."

At the Ahamkara's warning, she shot to her feet, grabbing the cabal's gun arm and bringing it with her as she rose, leaping into the air. It wasn't enough to disarm the soldier, in either sense of the word, but it was enough to throw it off balance. She spun, using the arm for momentum as she slammed her open hand into it's face, a blast of void light sending it reeling backwards. It recovered fast, bringing its shield up, but Tiamat drew her rifle and sprayed a burst of bullets into the weak center. When it burst, she quickly butted it over the head with her gun, before dropping it and drawing her sword, sinking it into the cabal to the chest, cleaving its head in twain.

As it slumped to the ground, she turned back to her spot, and resumed her meditation.

This was really not shaping up to be Kell's day. He staggered to his feet, in rough shape but not in need of support from Sigg, at least not yet. But he was feeling plenty ready to put an end to all this and call it a day. He took a confident step forward, his cloak catching the breeze and flowing out behind him in a dramatic fashion. He knew he looked cool at that moment and had no intention of loosing it.

"Hey, big and ugly!" He shouted towards the Collosus, waving his arms in the air to try and get it's attention, "I ain't done with you yet. You gonna try and take me it's gonna take way more than that asshole!"

It turned it's attention back towards Kell and took a lumbering step forward.

The Hunter grinned and reached for the light.

The gun burned bright in his hand as he brought to level and two shots echoed like thunder across the open Martian plains. The first round took the Collosus square in the chest, the second dead center of it's forhead. The thread took the remaining Phalanx in the back of the head.

The sound of the shots faded somewhere along the horrizon and the burning handcannon vanished from his grasp.

"Anyone else? Anyone? No? Alright then."

He turned to Tiamat, "Admit it Princess, you're impressed."

Tiamat didn't respond at first. She simply sat there, deep in concentration. Khwari hovered apologetically over her shoulder. The, finally, she rose to her feet, stretching out her arms and shoulders, void light crackling along her limbs. "Yes, Kell. We're all very proud of your ability to preform a Golden Gun. It's very shiny." Her tone of voice wouldn't have been out of place on a kindergarten teacher praising a toddler for finally managing to color inside the lines.

"Let's just head inside and grab the item, shall we?" the Ghost was already floating towards the open door, hoping the others would follow.

"Yes, indeed we shall."

This time, Tiamat took point, her sword drawn in case of hostiles. The corridor was tight enough that any long-range weapons probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. The corridors were lined with doors, each of which seemingly lined with doors that led to corridors that- do an and so forth. Luckily the Ghosts had managed to find the signal of the item, and was guiding the way, opening the correct doors to lead them through the maze. Each corridor was lined with storage crates and barrels, each ignored by Tiamat and her ghost.

Khwari was floating behind, falling back until he was side by side with Jacob.

"I know what you're doing, you know. I see enough star-struck kinderguardians chasing after her to know that you're interested. And also you're not very subtle at all."

Tiamat seemed not to notice the conversation, as she was a bit ahead, off in her own mind probably.

Kell rolled his eyes and fell into step behind her, taking the opertunity to oogle her ass as they strode into the old Cabal bunker. The place was dead and he was able to fully appreciate the view of backside and how well the skin tight base layer she wore showed it off.

He almost hadn't even noticed when Khwari had drifted back to talk to him and Sigg got in the first word, which unfortunately wasn't particularly flattering for his Guaridan, "He may have an attraction to her on a physical level, his behavior isn't unique to her. He's this much of a bragert with everyone. It's the reason no one likes him."

"I am also hardly some wet earned rookie. How quickly you forget I was with her for more than a few of those big bad battle of hers. I just don't get any credit."

Kell tilted his head to one side, his attention still fixated on her ass, "I do appreciate a good peice at the end of the day....."

Back
Top Bottom