Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] Merk Merk's Custom Made D&D Campaign Locations (Or just general ideas for settings)

MerkMerk

Meteorite
So this is a list of different ideas I've used whenever playing the role of a Dungeon Master for my friends or whenever I'm just doing RP online. Granted, some of the ideas here I haven't been able to use because I've never had anyone committed enough to stick to them, and to be honest, are pretty elaborate for the more simple ERP formats we all know and love. ^^

Anyways Here Goes!

Setting Number One: The Split-

What is it?
The Split is a mountain range which has been fractured down the middle by an ancient and mysterious force, long lost in the mists of time.

The Split refers to the mountain range and also to the civilization which lives within the crack.

How do people live here? Essentially large wooden platforms are built to span the gap between mountain walls and/or the walls themselves are hollowed out. People's houses go on top of the wooden platforms or in the hollowed out walls, it's simple. ^^

How do they get from one level to another? A system of pulleys connected to small caged platforms is used so that residents may move between the various floors and levels of society.

Hierarchy: The people who live in The Split have long since decided that status is determined by how much natural daylight reaches a specific part of The Split's chasm. The social structures are therefore labelled thusly (in order of highest importance from lowest importance):

The Bright (8 hours of daylight)

The Shade (6 hours of daylight)

The Dim (5 hours of daylight)

The Faint (2 Hours of daylight)

The Hearth (30 minutes of daylight)

The Candlelight Bright (0 daylight) *It is higher in the hierarchy as it is higher than the following levels

The Pitch (0 daylight)

The Black (0 daylight)

The Pit (0 daylight)

Nobility and the ruling families of the civilization live on The Bright level.
Upper Middle Class and the poorer aristocrats live on The Shade level.
Upper middle class to lower middle class live from the levels The Dim to The Candlelight Bright.
The poor, outcasts, outlaws, and 'degenerates' live from The Pitch to The Pit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've left out the more particular parts to this setting such as the lore for each level, the names of large families, and ideas as to what could happen to turn this place into a plot central area and cause issues for main characters to deal with. That's because I'd like to see what everyone's take on this is from criticism to general ideas.. It'd be cool and refreshing to create something new out of old templates ^^

Back
Top Bottom