Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Three Geeks in Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frightorflight

Supernova
Three American geeks get their wildest dream realized when they receive an all expenses paid two week trip to Japan after winning a cosplay competition. However, their first stop doesn't go as planned. Magically transported back hundreds of years to the early Tokugawa Shogunate, these three geeks, with nothing more than their wits and an existence knowledge of anime and all things Japan must fund their way back to the present. With a brooding swordsmen as their guide they must stumble their way from one adventure to another in their quest to get back from the past.

So, this RP is just meant to be a chance to goof around and have fun in a lighthearted semi-serous setting.

Player-wise I am looking for three players and I'm looking for a pretty good mix of gender/sex. I'm not really pick about what your character is, as long as they're human. I just don't want to have a party of three males or three females. I don't care what you actually are, just what you play. Two guys and a girl, two girls and a shemale, a trans-male, a girl, and a trans-girl? Any combination is fine and I think you get the picture. If you're interested or have ideas and suggestion please let me know and we can get things rolling.

Last edited:
I'd potentially be interested as a Shemale. Would our characters actually have a chance at actually learning the basics of combat? No need to become fully capable really but I dig the idea of an overconfident character that gets her ass handed to her but slowly starts learning a bit in how to actually fight.

Yeah, you could still play as a male if you wanted. Gender doesn't have to matter either because If you guys just want this to be action adventure rp I'm fine with that. But yeah. You guys are three geeks in fudal Japan. kind of the joke is that most of what you know from this time period and how to handle it comes from anime and manga.

I'm okay with characters having some prior knowledge, say you took marital arts classes for example. You're very much on the right track with that character idea.

I feel like you should have one character that’s actually lives there and helps them through the basic stuff like being a translator or being a friend of someone and they let the three live with them in their apartment or whatever while they’re there ~.~ or being a general guide then.

I could maybe do that as a female, she would have a bit of muscle and athletic and goes to the gym

Any hesitation on my part was not for playing shemale, I'd actually prefer that in this case, I just wasn't fully certain of what idea you had for the adventure was all. It sounds like things line up fair enough so count me onboard.

My thought process was that she would have studied all the flashy and fancy, but impractical, moves in anime sword fights and such and felt awesome doing them but was ultimately just crap when put to the test. That whole "Pssh, I got this you wimps." only for an epic fight that lasts about one second maybe as a real samurai just disarms her or something. Lol

I feel like you should have one character that’s actually lives there and helps them through the basic stuff like being a translator or being a friend of someone and they let the three live with them in their apartment or whatever while they’re there ~.~ or being a general guide then.

I could maybe do that as a female, she would have a bit of muscle and athletic and goes to the gym

If you want to be a character that speaks the language than that's great. Having a native who full understands the culture defeats the purpose of the culture shock and them just being dorks a bit.

Right now I am looking to fill out the slots for my three geeks, since there is a time travel element we can talk about a sufficiently nerdy local guide after those slots are filled. I had planned for the part to find a sort of guide character so they won't just be completely blind.

[automerge]1561391292[/automerge]
Any hesitation on my part was not for playing shemale, I'd actually prefer that in this case, I just wasn't fully certain of what idea you had for the adventure was all. It sounds like things line up fair enough so count me onboard.

My thought process was that she would have studied all the flashy and fancy, but impractical, moves in anime sword fights and such and felt awesome doing them but was ultimately just crap when put to the test. That whole "Pssh, I got this you wimps." only for an epic fight that lasts about one second maybe as a real samurai just disarms her or something. Lol

Great, just wanted to make sure you weren't just doing it because you thought the male slot was taken.

Sounds like you are right on the money, because that's exactly the kind of character I'm looking for at the start of this.

Last edited:

So wiki, should I take it that you want it be our third player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom