Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Horror Game

Cynicality

Meteorite
I'm a big fan of horror games, and I've kind of run out of good ones.
I've played The Evil Within series, the Outlast series, several JRPG style horror games (Corpse Party, Misao, Mad Father, etc.), working on Soma, and Amnesia.

But I want suggestions, so tell me your favorite horror game and why. Also, if you know any good horror game soundtracks, include that too. I love those, especially Layer of Fear's.

My favorite horror game(read: the only one I've played that could remotely count) is Baroque. It's a dungeon crawler but I liked the imagery and the way the creatures acted and the music on some of the levels of the tower. And the mystery of the story was pretty cool too.

Music: Stagnating Flow
The Wriggling One
Coolio, dude! I'll have to check it out. Imagery is a really neat thing, so yeah, it sounds cool. Thank you.

Darkest Dungeon.

The only horror game I ever need. Even if it might not really be a horror game.

The Silent Hill series. So many deranged things so little ammo. I wish they had continued the project they planned with Norman Reedus but sadly no. 1-3 are my favorite. 4, Homecoming, and Downpour eh, they were alright.

I really like the online Friday the 13th.

With this, you've got different killers, different styles of hunting, and if you have a headset, the voices of other frightened people, too. It's really, really scary to hear that 'ch ch ch ah ah ah' and have lights flicker, and the scare cord really wraps it together.

Alien Isolation. At night, with my stereo headphones, it was a fantastic experience. I loved when I could hear stomping around me while huddled under a desk, the sounds of the creature scrambling through the vents, and I've got a thing for a scary creature being on the hunt for my character. Of all the games I've played, that one just meshed with me the best. I don't really have any particularly memorable experiences despite all the others I've played. Some newer games look right up my alley and they might give Isolation a run for its money, but I've not had a chance to try them.

Nostalgically? Probably RE2. Definitely was an experience to play that as a kid...

For something more modern, RE7 and Alien: Isolation are among my favourites. And I figure Bioshock could roughly be considered horror.

Corpse Party will always be my #1 but alien isolation is a very close second! Amnesia and Soma are really good picks as well, so good on you!!

All-time favorite: Silent Hill 2.

In recent years I don't think I've enjoyed anything as much as Until Dawn. It's like the horror equivalent of a David Cage game. Definitely worth watching a playthrough on Youtube if you don't own a PS4!

I don't know if it really counts as horror but I loved the creepy atmosphere in Senua's Sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom