Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you believe.....

incendonocturne

A Land Unreachable, with Stone Walls.
....in ghosts, hauntings and supernatural things in general? If so, why? If not, why?

Do you have a story to tell?

(I’m watching Most Terrifying Places in America. So my curiosity is peaked about others opinions and stories if they have any.)

Let’s discuss.

Yes and No.
Is there stuff happening we don't understand and can't properly explain. Yes, of course. Is it the way people claim it is? No, probably not. I don't trust anyone who claims to know, understand or are able to explain life's workings.
Aliens, ghosts, whatever, all may be part of something else, maybe our perception of time is out of whack, and whilst we think it is linear, it isn't.

That sounds like muddled garbage, I know.

I woke up in the middle of the night once to hearing children's laughter outside my window. Like, not infant, but close to it. Scared the shit out of me.

Other than that I haven't seen much that lets me believe in the supernatural. Jury's still out though.

Totes believe in aliens though.

That sounds like muddled garbage, I know.

No more muddled than any other thought or argument in the other direction.

I have seen things, heard things, felt and experienced things but you are correct, usually never in the same way that media/tv/movies makes it out to be. I am also very skeptical of things I’m not there personally to experience.

I woke up in the middle of the night once to hearing children's laughter outside my window. Like, not infant, but close to it. Scared the shit out of me.

Other than that I haven't seen much that lets me believe in the supernatural. Jury's still out though.

Totes believe in aliens though.

That’s creepy. Ghostly children freak me out.

And I agree, there are other life forms we have no clue about.

Considering ghosts and hauntings have yet to be scientifically proven despite how popular a subject it is and the fact that most peoples experiences can be explained through some other scientific means (including my own experiences when I was younger) I tend to lean to the side of No.

I don’t believe in them, but I’m open to evidence. Sadly, my one experience in a ghost hunt included this scene;

Ghost Hunter A: I feel a cold spot, right here!
Ghost Hunter B: Me too!
Me: Yeah, me too. We’re standing under an active air conditioning vent.

I saw a ghost in my childhood house. It could have been nothing else. Tall man in an Abe Lincoln style hat, standing in the hallway in the middle of the night. Fucking SCARY. Best part? My mom had seen it before that and told no one.

Everyone has a ghost / paranormal / UFO story, and they're all bullshit. I used to troll UFO hotlines with reports, the best one described citizens shooting at flying disks, giving the location of a trap and skeet range. That report made it onto a nationally syndicated radio show.

My favorite ghost story was told by a friend who was at home alone one night when he heard a conversation between a cousin and a younger version of himself coming from another room. He'd turned up the TV to mask the apparition and the voices would get louder.

I Don't Believe in a guy in a sheet - but yes I think there are some supernatural things and I have, say, family stories.

I sort of believe, and in my familial culture, there's plenty of beliefs to go around, religious and just family-wise.

I have one story myself: I work in a hospital, and late at night, before I was supposed to clock out, I was sent to the kitchen to grab a tray of sandwiches for the ICU to have. The kitchen was already closed, and the staff turns off most of the lights, except for two. While I was near the refrigerator where they keep premade stuff, I heard bare feet slapping on tile, and when I looked to the other side, a man in a gown had just run in. Of course, my immediate thought was that he's a patient, he's not supposed to be in the kitchen - or that side of the building, for that matter - and I need to get him. The kitchen is sort of large, it takes some steps to get over to the side he's on and flick on the lights. When I was about to turn the corner into a more open area, the bare feet slapping started again, in my direction, and here comes the patient. He was scruffy, tanned, hair all over the place, he went running passed me, and straight into the giant metal door to the freezer. I mean head on, into the door, and I'm telling you all, he went through it and was gone. It took me like 2-3 seconds, but then I froze, and had the worst feeling I can't even describe, my eyes were watering and I just don't even know. I ended up clocking out immediately after, it had been a long shift, I could've been overtired or something, and I'm still not 100% sure I believe what my eyes saw, I made up a lie when the charge nurse asked me what happened with the patient sandwiches too. Some weeks after, I spoke to a few of the food services workers...you know, indirectly, kind of seeing what goes on in there...and according to them, there are no overnight workers anymore, because the last four (yes, 4 whole people, on the same shift, but hired at different times, one after the next) kept getting creeped out and quit. I asked about that freezer, if anyone had seen anything in there, and according to them, it used to be the morgue before the kitchen was expanded, and from the outside, there is a vehicle ramp and a door, for the deceased to be rolled out and offloaded. I guess if anywhere would have ghost activity, a 90 year old hospital would be the place for it. And it might be silly of me...but man, after the food service workers close everything down at 9pm, I do not go into that kitchen.

I believe in something beyond "us" for sure. I have felt things at times and I think there is more to the world and life than what we can see and prove.

I used to work security and had many eerie moments while on patrol. The most eerie one was one day I was walking along the mezzanine area of an old building which was still in use. I got to a certain point and I just couldn't move anymore. I had this overwhelming feeling to just get out of there. What makes it eerie is that unlike other experiences that occurred late at night and so you could cast it off as tiredness and it being dark, this was 5:00 pm and daylight was streaming in below. There was nothing obviously creepy about anything.

I've been on ghost hunting trips as well which is fun too.

Honestly, I don't believe those kind of things, and the science behind it has proven they don't exist.

Now, I do believe aliens do exist. It is probably our conception of alien life is totally wrong. We're more likely to find life on the microbial level, and I'm interested in seeing if we find life on Europa or any other planets within our solar system.

I love the idea of them; ghosts, demons, angels and all manner of cryptids that probably don't exist. I'll entertain their lore and even try to engage it as though it's something truly worth being investigated.

But, no, I don't believe. I've toured some "haunted" places while traveling (my co-workers can barely stand me) and watched anything and everything pertaining to their existence.

The real ghosts and demons and things are the traumas we carry around. Even hereditarily. And those things are the wrong kind of terrifying and threatening.

Back
Top Bottom