Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷

RennieD

Planetoid
c4KLX95.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The words above are links to each page. Please check them out if you are interested.
We have decided on the cause of the apocalypse and it is explained more thoroughly in the IC thread along with the rules.
Feel free to join in the OOC discussions and see if our role play interests you.
The photos in the IC depict what the world looks like now.

I'm testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in a post apocalyptic type role play. It would be a group role play which may automatically turn a few people off right from the get go.
Finding Haven would be about a group of survivors that have come together in search of a safe place to call home. The cause can be up in the air depending on the people who are interested in creating this role play. The only things for certain are these facts: Planes no longer fly, cars can drive so long as they have gas though it has to be ciphered from other vehicles. Buildings are demolished and the population is so very low. There have been rumors of a city that has sectioned themselves off and established their own government in attempts to make life somewhat enjoyable once more. There are dangers all around and though the reward may be great, the risk in getting there is very high.
Causes:
Common (Ruined world) Reduced to rubble perhaps by a war or other freak disaster. Buildings are mostly toppled over, subways caved in, or perhaps under a fallen billboard is your base of operations. Crime is incredibly common and one must have to fight to survive and gather materials whether that be alone or with friends.
Flood The Earth has been underwater for as long as anyone can remember. The world, despite the past destruction, is beautiful and nearly peaceful as you look upon the horizon on top of nearly submerged skyscrapers. Food is abundant and water can be purified, but crime is still a natural occurrence. In this role play people would have built homes and small towns on the water, nothing fancy. Aside from sea creatures and crime, a good storm could prove deadly.
Overgrown The world had been ruined a very long time ago and nature has fought back for dominance and won. Vines cover still standing high-rises and food and water is ever abundant yet people are greedy even in a world of seeming earthen paradise.
Zombies/Contamination Whether it be a simple zombie attack or a disease that turns someone crazy the world is in utter chaos. Bites, bodily fluids, and just a simple injection has turned the world against each other. (Mutation free). You struggle to survive fearing that just the slightest noise will be your downfall. Your only hope is to join together and help each others weaknesses with your strengths.
Solar Event/Scorched Earth A solar event has completely decimated the Earth's surface. Plant life no longer exists on the surface but luckily you are of a recent generation who managed to survive in a large bunker system. The Earth is now safe enough to traverse but you must not be outside at noon or you could easily perish from the heat unless you make it to shelter quickly.
Nuclear Fallout Mutation in animals, humans, and plants are common place. For the most part the mutations are just that and are mostly just deformities, but for some it has made them crazy. You may have to get creative when surviving the fallout and most importantly you must traverse the waste carefully lest you die from the radiation.
This is a fight for survival and depending on the cause of the change, there will be different dangers each person faces. Smut would probably be better in PMs through PMs since it might make things confusing.
So...anyone interested?

Last edited:
Don't know what happened with the last thread you made, but I'm still interested if you're still looking for peeps?

I was basically notified that I was posting it in the wrong forum area so I moved to the correct one. I think a lot of people would have been turned off by the strict rules of the system role plays people were suggesting. From the last threat it seems the most popular votes were zombies and plant life mutating and taking over. Mutant animals and zombies originated from the fungus spores.

But we didn't set a vote and the people interested in that scenario were the ones who wanted the system. What cause were you interested in?

Zombie as well. : 3
And i was the one with the mutant plants idea ^^

So I guess we can actually combine 3 themes; Overgrown, Zombie/contamination, Fall-out.

A fallout could've caused mutations in animals and plants who in turn are also responsible for creating zombies?

That's right! I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you. I was responding via mobile and wasn't fully paying attention to names when I was reading.

I like that idea! It gives a new spin to the cliche zombie role plays. I guess now we need to decide what type of zombies they are. Walking Dead zombies would get very easy to outrun in the long run but if they're super powered it would probably get more troublesome given the other dangers. So maybe same stamina the person had when they were healthy? If they weren't physically fit they can't run at great speeds, no super strength, ect.

lol, that's okay :p

Yea, we can do some zombie mutations to make them more challenging.
And since we combine it with plant mutations we could use the fungus excuse?
Maybe this fungus alters the zombies in ways so that they become mutated? I remember a game called 7 days to die who had mutated zombies.
Zombie animals, Acid spitting zombies, Spider zombies (they look normal but have the ability to crawl on walls and ceilings), Banshee zombies who scream really loudly to alert other zombies, and then hunter zombies, they're tougher, faster, and smarter. And then there's the radioactive ones who glow green-yellow.

But we can always make our own versions? And maybe we can also think off the plant and animal types as well?

While I am partial to do it more 'real' world, as in flooding and climate change with wars breaking out, but it could be the precursor to the nuclear winter => mutations by spores you seem to favor.

I rather have mutated animals (including humans) and plants acting like living zombies than the dead coming back to life kind of zombies. So, I would rather have dead parts decomposing than running after me... :)

I have no problem going with 'live' mutations instead of undead for the story. If you guys are okay with it? : 3

I'm on board with the non-dead zombies. I actually kind of like the idea since it seems more in line with the fungi needing a living host. So we can start off with trying to fight global warming and our plastic problems with mutated plants designed to cleans the earth. Unfortunate side effects take root on humans and animals alike. I'm assuming that by the time our characters are living and we start that this has been going on long before they were born.

yea, we can do that. :)
I like the idea of having a group of survivors that are already considered veterans in this world. Maybe some can be the last generation that still saw the way earth -used- to look like or at least before the point of no return. I have multiple characters of varying ages that can fit these roles.

I am thinking growing up in a sea-city, then getting the need to explore the ruins of pastcivilization, or just a wander-lust...

Well, I think if we planned on them being aware of the plants on land then they really need to grow up on land. If they had floating cities it would be a completely different story about survival since all the mutation to the plant life would be completely new to them. I'm not sure it would work but what does everyone else think? Is there a way to include it or would it be too much?

I'm a bit confused cause I didn't see any reference to floating cities, lol.
I do wish to keep things on the realistic side, or at least plausible enough. :p
Maybe our characters are part of the generation that was forced to reform their civilization to fit the new world due to the rapid growth of these mutated plants?

So let's say that in order to try and clean up Earth from pollution, the people created these mutant plant species to do the work for them. But they miscalculated the growth rate and how these mutant plants could also affect the environment; their seeds and spores could mutate normal plants and animals. Creating new species that are more dangerous. Like per example a giant spider that appears as a flower. Or vines that are snake-like, etc...

So the people are essentially already aware about all these mutations before it became 'apocalyptic'. The plants, etc... just got so out of control that the people couldn't contain it anymore and it had gotten to the point where these growing plants had started to take control of towns and cities. Forcing the people out of them for fear of these new dangerous animals and predatory plants that came with it. So that's how Earth became this giant alien jungle that the people no longer recognize as earth. It's a new world now so they are forced to adapt. That's when the apocalypse starts.

Electricity falls out cause people can't maintain it anymore in factories. Same with gas and water. So that leaves people to live with primitive technology. Outdoorsy people probably gained more respect and authority cause they already know how to survive without technology like electricity, etc...
Buildings fall to ruin due to lack of maintenance and the fact that mother nature has just taken over the world.

So now humanity is sort of fighting against mother nature or trying to co-exist. And since we all want the apocalypse to be going on for a good while. I'd say it would be around the stage where the remaining surviving population has managed to figure out how to deal with the new world now. They are aware of the new plants and animals, etc... even the fungus parasites that turn people zombie-esque. Or maybe it's a fungus that takes control of corpses instead?

Anyway, the survivors are veterans at this point. The older generations probably saw the final days of 'normal' earth when they were younger and saw the transition. While the younger generations are practically born for it. So we should have some settlements, maybe city blocks that have been reclaimed by people or villages or heck, we could even use cave systems or the underground metro systems or sewer systems as settlements.

I can also imagine cultural changes, maybe even cults or religions build around the new world. Like druidism being revived, religiously. Or people who'd rather live as savages who are one with nature than being huddled together in old buildings trying to rebuild civilization?

The floating cities came from the flooding ChrisGabriel is wanting to do.

I do think it would be tough to do both considering how scattered role play would be. If you did want your character to have fled to the ocean with a group before returning to land then that is definitely something you can do. I was hoping that when the role play is started it would be with everyone able to talk together quite quickly instead of us just wandering around for several pages before joining together. If possible, it would be wonderful if our group of survivors was already formed and traveling. Of course, your first post or several posts could be about your history that led your character to joining the group if you wanted.

I do like, and encourage, the idea that we are back to the basics. No modern technology, no hot water unless work is put in to heat it manually, no easy supplies that make it like a breeze to camp out, ect. The exciting part of an apocalypse role play is the struggles we currently don't have to face.

I pretty much agree with everything ImaginationGoneWild said. Same page, word for word. So threats would be the plants (of course), animals, cannibals, savages (mentally de-evolved humans, more feral), zombies infested by fungi, ultra-religious, crime in general, human trafficking, and the usual dehydration/starvation/disease.

Is everyone else alright with the group already established when we start? They don't have to have grown up together and some could have met along the way but at least we are all able to role play together right off the bat.

I think it would be better if the ... GM? ... or whoever would play the environment and enemies would set up a place and situation, where all of us have to arrive shortly.

I'm fine with us starting together as group :)
Maybe we can be part of the same settlement?

I think it will be a lot of work for the GM to take care of everything on their own? >.> I'd rather we all put in the same amount of work in our writing when it comes to worldbuilding. Just so that we all share the same load and not one person has to write wall of texts describing every detail around them and enemies and npc's and whatnot, while the others have a paragraphs of two with just the characters reacting. :/

Last edited:
Same settlement works. I'm all for people not knowing each other or having a history together just so long as we can role play together within the first few responses. It used to drive me nuts when it took several weeks to get two characters in the same vicinity in order to rp together.

I think GM being in charge of scenery and enemies would be more for a system role play. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually done that in a role play. It would be very difficult to play a swarm of zombies attacking each individual character, reacting to each character's decisions, while playing my own character too. I do think if someone wants something specific to happen we can discuss it in OOC and aim towards that goal.

No system does not mean that one should/could not write the direction where the others should follow and color the story.

Because if there is nobody to tell the direction, then I think we all should be coming from a city on the water - and that does not precludes the knowledge of the other parts of the planet at all. Also, it is possible to have a very diverse group: after all, a ship (or even plane) could be used to start an expedition, or even have an accident... But hey, if someone want to play a Tarzan Bear
Grylls, be the native where we land. Or if it seems you all want a barbarian group of wild children to play, I could still make my character's arrival close by to the starting point...

There is no way that the present world civilization to fully disappear because of some environmental problem or the war following it, or even a bioengineered "fungus" spreading... Not without having most of the people also disappear, and have all the cities all around the globe disappear too. It would take time, so at least a hundred years after the war - which would leave the few survivor have no real background other than somehow growing up and surviving on the deadly planet. With their parents and grandparents also somehow surviving.

But if you that hard for a 'real' (and impossible) post apolcalyptic setting, where everyone has to start from scratch, then I think I have to decline. While I have no problems with the situation being dire, or the 'zombie' kind of dangers, but also starting without any stable background and hope for something better is insane.

After all, what do you call basics? I have a very different idea for my character's basics than you have for yours.

What I read into the 'story line' and situation you two agree on, it is more of a fantasy setting, where some 'ancient ruins' are the mementos of a civilization that did not left anything usable or liveable. Where there is no people that adapted to the change itself, just people who survived, and now trying to live in a changed world. That is a very huge diference in my mind.

Last edited:
I think we are having issues with communication. Both Wild and I were under the assumption that you are wanting one person to set the scene, play every single plant, play every single zombie, and play their own character. To me, that means that I would play every sway of a branch, every scurrying spider, every fish in the stream, ect. I would also be expected to describe in vast detail everything in the scene from an upturned desk that your character could trip over up to every puddle, stain, or falling building. I would also have to play each enemy that attacks your character along with the ones attacking my character and the rest of the group. In this situation there won’t be a single "thing" attacking unless it is an animal which I can do, however, I can’t role play each individual zombie in a group.

The direction is what an OOC (out of character) thread is for. We can talk about the direction we want to take, the enemies and when they attack, and the difficulties our characters face. We can paint a scene together so that we are all on the same page.

I also am not sure where barbarian children came from. We are saying that man made plants went out of control and mutated. These changes would be subtle and people would be in denial until it was too late. Think Jumangi how no one in the house noticed how out of control things were until they returned to a tropical forest. Maybe not that drastic but this didn’t happen overnight. People didn’t spontaneously devolve. They still have the same knowledge since before plants took over and they weren’t idle in watching their world collapse. They studied the plants, adapted, and now know the general plants to stay away from. When they travel they may discover new species since every state and country has different plants and animals native to their land.

Unfortunately, just like when every major catastrophe happens, there are people who can’t adapt or they learn through trial and error. The population is diminished because it is a harsh environment, there are new challenges, crime is much higher, and the things that made it possible to live longer no longer exist. Walkie talkies are still present but with no towers there are no phones, no internet, and in most cases there are no electricity. I’m sure our group could stumble upon a more rural home with solar panels but the communication to outside places would still be spotty. In this case think Walking Dead. Even with their resources they find (batteries, gas, canned or processed food), they are still limited since there is no one around to remake them.

This is why our group hears rumors of a place that has carved out a home successfully without mother nature taking control once more. How they did it is unknown but that is the reason our group is going to face such hardships in order to get there. Our characters are anything but blank slates. Each one will have a background, personality, profession, and something that makes them vital to the group. So again, I’m not sure where you’re coming up with these ideas.

If you really want to play a character that lived on the sea their entire life then that’s up to you. I’m not sure how this character will work in a place where it is virtually an alien world to them. Every skill aside from swimming and fishing would be non-existent for this trek. But again, if you want to have a character that is a blank slate when it comes to land then that’s up to you as well.

As for ‘ancient ruins’ that is also inaccurate. Our characters are going to have been born into this world the way it is now unless they want to play older characters. The older characters remember what it was like before all this mess happened. The plants took over at a rapid pace (again think Jumanji). This could happen in ten, twenty, or thirty years. We haven’t set the timeline nor have we set a scene. According to the rules we need at least three people interested in order to create the role play so we are just discussing and collecting ideas until we get the number of people interested in order to start.

As for civilization disappearing...it isn’t. Some places are worse off than others. Look at the advancements we made in technology in the last twenty years. Teens now can’t even fathom what life was like before cell phones, tablets, TV, ect. The world isn’t gone but the population has diminished.

I imagine when the plants were introduced everyone was thrilled and they were planted everywhere. People nurtured the plants and pride would get in the way of common sense when they see the plants evolved. Maybe the scientists noticed it wasn’t supposed to happen but they didn’t want people to panic and the media hushed the concerns. People get crazy about what they want to protect and denial is very strong. So each new species, even rapid developing ones, are protected because they do more good than harm. Unpopulated areas, state parks, ect would help to conceal just how fast they are growing and how quickly animals are evolving through mutation.

By the time people realize it is a problem it is already too late. Smaller towns are reclaimed by mother nature and the growth rate is too fast to contain. Perhaps some even became fire resistant and those are the ones that can destroy buildings with the heavy weight of their creeping vines. Perhaps others can emit toxic fumes that are not harmful to the environment but are deadly to humans. It may start off as a small headache but hours later everyone effected is dead.

We haven’t even begun to scratch the surface on what this role play will be and we can only continue plotting until we have enough people interested in joining.

Last edited:
So basically you two already agree about things, and now looking for a third, at least.

And here are the facts as I gathered:
- OOC thread to come up with the direction of the game, and the situations the characters get into, and basically all have to agree, or at least most of the people, or just you two...
(Sorry, my bad, of course it would be more democratic, ... , no, wait, I can't stop being sarcastic about this. Must be something in the air...)
- Plants took over. Maybe people had something happening to them too, but basically plants made the whole world a jungle.
- Our characters had been born into this, but their parents still remember it happening, and what it was before hand.
- Lot of people died. As in already dead, decomposed, not running around as controlled zombies after 15+ years.
- Modern society, as in now, just ceased to be. Or at least whatever happened, it got the people, and 15+ years of infrastructure and technical problems was not really fixed.
- Plants 'ate' not only the majority of the population, but most of the livestock and even the buildings.

And you think, that because someone grew up in a city on the water, she is basically ignorant (or unknowing) about the non-water areas of the world?

Yes, an ooc thread where we can discuss the storyline together, every member. So far you gave us the impression based on your replies in this thread that you were agreeing along with us. >.>
You even mentioned that you'd rather have not have zombies as classic zombie within the game. and we agreed but there's also a real life fungus that acts as a parasite and creates zombie like behavior in living people. So that's the one we meant in case it wasn't mentioned.

'Mutated' plants took over. Who have rapid growth, like 'super' rapid growth. faster than people could handle. As in the weed out your garden and the next day it's almost overgrown again because you must've missed a spot. The mutated plants affected their environment as well. the spores and seeds they released caused mutations in other plants as well (cross-breedng plants) and in animals as well. People got killed by them because of the changes that these new mutations caused. Think plants that spread poisonous fumes, new predator animals that are the size of elephants for example. So yea, a walk in the park could suddenly be dangerous. your lungs could get clogged up with spores. or got pricked by spiky plants that just so happened to also release toxins. These are new changes that happen everywhere across the world. and the speed at which these plants grow and spread including the animals, it was something that caught humans by surprise.

it's not like the armies of the world have an emergency scenario for mutated plants.

It's an apocalypse story. these stories usually go hand in hand with 'unexpected end to things as we know it'.

And you gave us the impression that you wanted to play a character who grew up in the city, and only then decided to venture out in the world around the time where our story would take place. So yea, that gave us the impression that your character may not have personal experience with more inland stuff. >.>

We agree because we brainstormed in the original thread before I moved it and Wild followed me.

Let me clarify: The OOC is where we can talk about about the role play or whatever comes to mind. If we hit a slow patch and want to spice it up we can say “Hey! Should we have an enemy attack? Which one? Should they get lost? How so?” Do all the characters need to be attacked? No. Someone could go off on their own to clear a path and those left behind get attacked. But I do think we should all come to an agreement otherwise the role play would be everywhere. If two people want to go off on their own and it’s split between two groups, that’s fine too so long as a plan is made to get back together at some point.

Our characters can be born into this world or they can be older and remember what it was like before hand. I plan on having my character be in her late twenties or early thirties so she remembers what it was like before this happened depending on the time it took to get to where it is now.

A lot of people did die and remained dead. They do not come back to life. Moving them may be tricky so we may have to walk over a corpse or two. They didn’t just die from the plants though. There is crime, there are animals, there is starvation, dehydration, illness, ect. Basically it’s Oregon Trail on steroids and we’re hoping to survive.

As for that sarcastic response, yes. If you grew up on a boat your entire life then you would have difficulties adapting. If someone told me I was to go live on a boat now I would probably not last. I can’t fish even though I understand how to, I can’t pilot a boat or know how to fix one, I also wouldn’t be able to have the same endurance as someone who swims all day. I don’t know any of the plant life that is safe or not, what can kill me if it isn’t massive with sharp teeth, ect.

If your character, who never in her life set foot on land...one crawling with carnivorous plants, mutated fungus, hostile people, feral mutated animals, and basically danger at every corner...would she immediately know how to survive? Probably not. Would she know she needs to be wary of the plant life? Probably not since most people don’t assume a plant is dangerous. Would she know which rivers are crawling with something ready to eat her? Maybe, since she grew up in water. You can’t know a place you’ve never been as if you were native to the land, especially with no internet to help.

As for the two of us deciding everything...the only thing we vetoed is people living on the water because we don't want our characters living on the water. The other veto was because I personally don’t want to be responsible for 95% of the writing and creating of this role play. I want to create a world with everyone else and we all get to play and create equally. If Wild proposed something that had nothing to do with the story and made it a stretch then I wouldn't be on board with that idea either, and vice versa. You character can grow up at sea but she or he is responsible for getting themselves together with the rest of the group.

I really hope there would be more people interested in this idea. We do need to set up athread for the "meeting point/situation", and one for the OOC discussion about the later hapenings.
What I see is that I will have to post for last, after I had seen what background for the world and what start you two come up with - and I will get my character there.

Back
Top Bottom