Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Brantov (Ezralora and Johnizbeast)

Ezralora

Supernova
Brantov is a Region in the world that is located in northern hemisphere of the world. Known for its cooler climates compared to other regions it also possess a wide variety of pokemon and leagues for trainers, professors and others to find, train and research. Even a few others claiming to have seen some creatures only believed to be found in myth. Brantov is also the home of the Brantovisian League, where people wishing to enter must gain twelve gym badges. Gyms can be located over the region from the snow mountains where snow storms rage on, to the coastal isles further south of the continent.
However, there is a menace forming in the region, groups have come together and have been seen sacrificing pokemon, and kidnapping them from trainers and the wild alike. What their plans are of yet unknown but there appears to be four sub groups of Team Ouroboros. The four factions being South, West, East and North. Each one residing in their corner of the region. Police forces have been attempting to crack down on them, only capturing a few members, yet failing to get any of the higher members. Their leader proving to be as elusive as the wind is not helping their case.
That however is no matter. You along with new and old trainers alike from other regions, champions of other leagues, gym leaders have been sent an invitation to partake in this years League. Of course the challenge of the gyms lies there, but there is a bit of a twist. Challengers can duel other trainers for their badges. It can be brutal but the rule is there. That is all for later though, the trainers and others have gathered their current teams to start, and are ready for the opening ceremony.
One of these trainers was a woman, in her early to mid twenties. She wore loose pants that were tucked into some scuffed black boots that stopped just beneath her knee. She wore a white sleeveless jacket with a hood, and a deep red t-shirt underneath the sleeves poking out the jacket. On her hands were fingerless gloves on both hands, though she had a sleeve on her left arm with six holds on it, going from the back of her hand to her shoulder each hold keeping a pokeball safe and secured. She had her fingers interlocked as she leaned forward, watching the match currently going on. Her bright yellow eyes never looking away with a smile on her face. Her long white hair was tied back into a wild pony tail the ends of her strands started fading into a crisp red getting brighter the closer to the tips it was. The room was a simple waiting room, food and drink was provided, other trainers letting their pokemon stretch, others getting nervous about the oncoming battle to show what they had to the country, others taking it easy and others like her enjoying the show.
Her name was Astrid, and she was so glad to have come.

Cerebro had been invited to the competition, but truth be told he was more interested in Team Ouroboros. The sacrifices and kidnapping had him intrigued. He was different from other trainers, his focus was not on collecting them all or winning the league. His focus was on fighting trainers and organizations that took advantage of pokemon and trainers. He knew people abused the power of pokemon, and as a psychic he could feel their pain. When meeting these people he showed them no mercy, in his world it was kill or be killed.

The man stood at 6'3, his build was that of a fighter. His eyes glowed a deep purple, his hair black as night. He walked around wearing a black cloak, good for dealing with the cold and all sorts of weather. Underneath he had a black t-shirt on and jeans. He wore black leather gloves and had his pokeballs around his belt. On his shoulder Was an Espeon. It was using its hearing and senses to see if anything was around him. Walking alone in the region with a pokemon on his shoulder he was hoping to lure out team Ouroboros.

Astrid blew air out of her cheeks when the round had finished with a rather sweep victory from a guy called Cain. She stretched her hands above her head, resting them beneath her pony tail as she marched out of the waiting room and outside to get some fresh air, it was getting rather stuffy in there. She marched out swinging her leg forward as the cold air bit into her exposed skin. She shuddered for a bit, glancing over at the large town that this event was starting in.
It had a few nice buildings, a radio tower that managed to withstand the bombardment of the wind. Tall grass that swept neatly by with the breeze, a pokemon centre, police station and a simple road that formed a cross at the centre taking anyone anywhere. Yerk was certainly a cozy place. Though even from outside and other the breeze she could hear the cheers coming from the stadium that had been put up for the event. She couldn't wait for her turn, and it seemed like most of the town was in the stadium or helping to run it.

Cerebro could hear the cheers from the stadium in the distance. It seems the first round was ending, and honestly he knew if he didn't compete he would most likely be removed from the competition. Anyways if he showed off a bit then maybe he would attract them. So he decided to head towards the stadium keeping his Espeon out on his shoulder. Soon Astrid would be able to see a cloaked person coming out of the near by woods. His cloak had a hood to keep his head warm so all she would be able to see where glowing purple eyes.

Soon he got close enough to Astrid and removed his hood revealing his face. Looking at the woman he said to her "Tell me, is the second round close to starting yet?" As he spoke his pokeball floated out from underneath his cloak and the Espeon was taken into the ball. Clearly using his psychic powers to do so.

Astrid glanced around as she heard the voice from behind and placed her hands on her hips as she rocked back on the heels of her boots. "Hello good sir!" She greeted with a wide smile, her eyes closing as she grinned before her bright yellow eyes began to peer over him. As would anybody her eyes flicked to the pokemon and the pokeball that was levitating up. It wasn't the first time she had encountered a psychic but it was always fun to watch. She took in his appeared before her arms moved into a fold.

"That they are my good sir, i assume you're here for the opening ceremony? If so you my man are late. Though i guess so are a few other people and i'm not really an adjudicator so meh i can't judge." She brought her hands up and shrugged, a smile remaining on her pale face. "Though i didn't expect to see a psychic joining the fold of rabble we have in there. But it is a welcome change, a welcome change indeed." She grinned at the man, her hand moving up to brush a loose strand of white hair behind her ear. Only for the wind to blow it out again.

It seemed she was a cheery girl. Nothing he had a problem with, so he pulled back his hood and gave the girl a smile as he looked down into her eyes. "Well hello there, and yes I am here for the opening ceremony's. Nothing really exciting happening out there so I thought I would come back and enjoy the opening ceremony myself." With that he just let his arms hand down at his sides under the cloak.

He chuckled a bit at her comment about a psychic being brought into the tournament. "Well we are not common that is for sure, also my name is Cerebro. Though if you don't mind I have a couple questions for you before we continue. First what is your name, and is there anyone who is looking like they are ahead of the rest at the moment?" Cerebro asked the girl in front of him with a smile on his face.

Astrid folded her arms again as she listened to him, her eyebrow perking a little as he asked the question. "Astrid Scarlet. Nice to meet you Cerebro." She said with a slight smile before shrugging her head. "Cain just won his match, i won mine. A few others. The thing has just started, but there are a few strong people there, i mean what is to be expected from gym leaders and league champions." She added with a chuckle.

"You trying to eye out the competition? I mean there are a few of them out there, though non with an espeon as i've seen. Not a lot tend to keep them, but i guess you have some form of connection seeing as the pair of you are psychic." She added, more so to herself than to him. "Hope that answers you're question though, anyways, it's getting a little bit chilly so..." She lolled her head in the direction of the door to the waiting room. "Should probably, you know. Head back."

He smiled at her reply and said "It is nice to meet you to Scarlet" He then listened to her speak about the matches mentioning someone by the name of Cain. Not someone he was familiar with, the way she said it he assumed the trainer was most likely someone he should have known. Probably a main stream trainer or something, not something Cerebro really paid attention ed to in the end anyways. "I see, sounds like the first rounds where exciting" He said to her with a smile.

"You could say that yes, I am eyeing out the competition. Knowing your enemy is half the battle right?" He said to Astrid still standing there not making much movement. When she mentioned going inside he nodded and followed beside her to the waiting room. "So who is Cain? sorry I don't follow any main stream stuff, I mean I know who Red and Blue are but other than that" Cerebro said.

Astrid shrugged her shoulders a little. "Just some trainer, non of the champions are partaking for one reason or another. And well sometimes it can be a surprise not knowing the enemy as you put it." She said with a slight smile before clearing her throat. "Blue, Red, Green. Ethan so many people from different leagues are here... it's a little daunting for some. But hey i'm sure it'll be great for all."

She rolled her shoulders a little as she brought her hands behind her head. She blew a few loose strands of hair out of her face, "So what are you apart from a psychic type trainer i assume. I mean i saw the espeon, so one can assume a little. Though i guess it can be bad to judge a book from its cover."

"I see, another person trying to make a name for themselves. Nothing wrong with wanting fame and fortune. Also others wanted to continue to cement themselves as the best there is. A legend is only a legend as long as it can maintain its superiority." Cerebro replied to her comments about the other trainers. He just looked forward as they walked into the waiting room together.

Listening to her question he smiled and replied "Well I do have psychic pokemon, but I also have other kinds. So your thoughts are correct on that. Though other than that I am just a man, I was born in the Johto region. That is where I grew up, I have a total of 16 badges, from both Kanto and Johto. Other than that I kind of just work my way around, fighting trainers and others here and there. How about yourself Astrid?"

Astrid glanced at him before perking an eyebrow and grinning and little as she tapped her nose a little. "Should have turned up if you wanted to know more about your competition." She clasped her hands together before resting them behind her head as she looked over those that were in the waiting room. A few had already left to start, just because they lost didn't mean the whole thing was over for them. In some ways it kind of meant they got a nice little head start.

She perked an eyebrow as she looked for a board and tapped it a little as she started to bring up the matches. "Well seems you didn't miss your first match so that is always a plus. Though..." She looked over him before her yellow eyes peered around trying to find his opponent. Who was another trainer dressed rather casually. He had dark hair, blue eyes, a rather soft face. He was seemingly talking to an Infernape.

Her smirk at her spicy reply to him saying "Well I guess your right aren't you? I guess I will just have to rely on my skill to get by, hope my line up is strong enough to handle what ever comes my way" With that he looked on to find his opponent. It seems he was talking to an infernape which had him smiling. "I hope he doesn't plan on bringing that poke'mon to our fight, it is one of the worst he could have chosen for my line up I have on me right now" He stated.

He then turned to Astrid and said "Well I am going to go get in position to go start my first match, see you around Astrid" With that Cerebro gave the girl a wave as his hand as he walked away heading out to fight his first match. It didn't take long before he was waiting in the Arena for his first opponent. He hadn't changed his line up. Cerebro didn't have a huge collection of pokemon, but instead a small selection of highly trained ones.

His opponent came into the arena soon after. He gave a smile over at Cerebro and a wave. Their names flashed up on the large screen for viewers to witness the battle. It seemed as though his name was Timas. He gave a wave over at Cerebro afterwards. "Sure this'll be fun my man." He reached for his belt and pulled off a pokeball before hurling it into the air. The first round was a simple 3v3 battle. Otherwise people would be there all day. He threw it up into the air and out came a Feraligator, ready for a fight.

He couldn't help but smile at him as he mentioned this was going to be fun. "Yeah sure kid, lets have some fun. Solid first choice" Cerebro replied. Soon a blue pokeball with a net on it floated forward from all the poke balls floating around him while the other went up under his cloak. "Wash em up Cyclone" Cerebro said, then out of the pokeball came a starmie who began to spin rapidly just floating there in the air as it spun around like a shuriken.

As soon as the match started water would begin to shoot out of the starmie's tips. It a second the starmie had disappeared into a twister of water. Instead of a starmie what stood before the Feraligator was a twister of water that soon began to have electric currents moving throughout the cyclone of water before it.

Feraligator narrowed his eyes as he watched the Starmie begin to make a water current with electrical streams. Him and his trainer knew that it could probably take the hit without going own but if there was a way around it he'd try and find it. His trainer coughed into his hands for a moment as he studied the twister briefly before pointing forward and gave out his command.

The large crocodile opened his mouth as a ball of blue energy began to form in ti and out shot a beam, if it struck the water cyclone it would most likely begin to freeze as a powerful ice beam was let loose from the crocodile. It seemed he intended to freeze the water before it could move any closer.

As the ice beam came at the water Cerebro just smiled. He wouldn't have thrown his starmie out against a water pokemon if its cyclone could be frozen so easily. No the electricity pumping through the water kept is scolding hot. Not to mention starmie was pumping out more water scolding hot water every second. When the ice beam came in contact with the cyclone just created a ton of mist.

As it did the Cyclone of electric water began to approach the Feraligator. If the pokemon was caught in it Starmie would move its way to the top trapping the Feraligator in the center of it while thunder bolts rained down into it.

It too a moment before the pokemon stopped the ice beam despite the rather minimal effect it was having on the opponent, As the mist began to build up, it was getting harder, and harder to see and soon enough as the cyclone got closer it hit nothing. The mist lingering around stayed and swamped up to the edges of the arena.

There was a moment before a massive wave of water came crashing down from above. It wasn't doing anything to try and attack it simply crashed down out of nowhere before Feraligatr shot down from the sky into the cyclone from the top. His tail glowing as if it could see Starmie, he would attempt to use Dragon Tail on it to knock the thing out of the attack. A few bolts of electricity did hit, but Feraligatr didn't seem paralysed. At least for the moment.

Feraligatr had fallen right into his trap. Starmie had already left the cyclone as soon as the mist had started to form and instead was using its psychic powers to keep the twister moving while it feed lighting into it from within the mist. So as Feraligatr went in for the dragon tail all it would find itself in was the middle of a scolding hot water with an electric current running through it. At the bottom of the cyclone water was spinning as well so the Feraligatr couldn't dig out either.

Cerebro knew the two most vulnerable places for starmie where below and above. Once the ice beam didn't work it was the best way to attack, so in the cover of the mist he set a nice trap up luring the Feraligatr in to an easy KO. Starmie could hit like a cannon, and its speed made it evasive. However it couldn't take much of a hit, so building strategies around avoiding hits and just waiting for an opportunity to let starmie hit with everything it had was what Cerebro did.

Ferligatr was a sturdy pokemon and the attack certainly did take damage out of it. The large crocodile feinted and was returned to the trainer with little difficulty. There was a few moments before the trainer was sending out their next pokemon. He found the pokeball before throwing it up into the air and it cracked open like an egg revealing a rather hefty pokemon and a vileplume came out.

By the time vileplume came out his Starmie had made another cyclone. This time there was no electricity in it, instead Starmie began to use ice beam to create shards of ice in the cyclone that where thrown off and hurled towards the vileplume. For the moment Cerebro felt no need to change pokemon. He knew vileplume had starmie's weakness, but starmie also had vileplumes weakness. He planned on using Starmie's speed to hit hard and fast before vileplume could make a successful counter offensive.

Vileplume stood there for a second before it darted to the side and side again avoiding the ice shards with ease. As it moved however the stadium was getting brighter and brighter, and the centre of the large flower was beginning to glow and get bigger and bigger. Vileplume stuck its ground and fired a beam out of its head which ran across the ground and would quite easily melt the ice and vaporise the water as a very powerful solar beam was let loose.

As the solar beam came at Cyclone, it used hydro pump to shoot itself up and away from the solar beam. However Cerebro knew he had to withdraw its starmie, it seemed the vileplume was using chlorophyll to increase its speed, along with sunny day. If that was the case it could be very dangerous for his Stamie. So he returned starmie to its pokeball and sent out another pokemon.

He knew just what pokemon to use to, as it would bait out the Infernape, and if he could get that pokemon to come out he would have an easy win. "Have fun Razor" Cerebro said and out of his heavy ball came a Scizor.

The trainer gave a smile and kept his pokemon out, not changing it at the moment as he saw the scizor. It looked over him before the flower on its head contracted for a brief moment and then a vile purple sludge was thrown up into the air and fell down like a rain. It quickly heated up and stunk due to the heat of sunny day. The vileplume hopped up onto its feet before it stomped its foot down. If the rain even touched the Scizor in the short duration it fell it would be burnt with the toxicity of it.

As the toxic come down As the toxic sludge began to rain down from the sky Scizor used his wings to create a gust a wind to blow it away. Some of it would still hit the pokemon, though its resistance to poisen would make it easier. It heat was more concerning. Though Scizor was inherently slow, so it put it fist forward and used bullet punch to speed himself forward and slam the ground next to Vileplume. After bridging the gap between the two Scizor followed up with Ariel Ace in order to hit vileplume hard. Its ability technician made the weak attack a potent one, that doesn't even include combining it with its already high attack.

Back
Top Bottom