Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Any Come traveller you must be tired.

cab5453

High-fantasy is nice.
So yes this is based on many different games and shows that I have watched in the past, but here's a question first.

Why do all the heroes seem like they are a god amongst men? To me this is an annoying idea, how come they don't experience any forms of stress or regret or even downright insanity? This is what I want to explore in a way. I pull my inspiration from the game called " Darkest dungeon ". A marvelous game in its own right it left an itch that I can't seem to get rid of now. The era would be just short of Victorian times So! here's to hoping someone will take the bait quest!
This is going to be a long term story driven plot but I am sure we could mix in smut here and there, so for the mathematicians out there 70/30 or 60/40 story to smut ratio.

The tavern was empty aside from a large barkeep. He stood behind the bar, waiting and hoping something or anything will happen yet he did not want to see what was going to happen at that moment. The small town of Shadowless spanned around a lake. however, a single bridge led out to an island. On the inside of this lake stood a castle, even from the windows of the tavern one could see it plain as day, a daunting and formidable place of refugee for the dastardly and evil. No one knew how the place took on the name nor what evils lurked about it. What they did know it was getting worse, people being dragged off during the night, murders, kidnappings, cultists taking to the streets to burn and pillage the area.

A man walked into the tavern and took a seat on a stool the bartender looked to the citizen ( a nice fellow ) however there was something wrong with him. He looked as though he had seen the darkest thing known to man, and finally, the story spilled. " Monsters... of all shape and sizes, we were fools to have thought the castle to be the source of it all... and but this seemed to be... far worse." The would-be hero pulled a pistol from his side and set it on the bar in front of him, the hammer was drawn back and the bartender was afraid of what was going to happen. " We took every precaution. We entered with guns and knives and swords." The man started to spill his guts out, giving the story to the barkeep. " We thought ourselves invincible against the horrors of the castle. 50 men strong in fact. Each of us had no idea what to expect. Torches in hand we stormed the gates! pushing back the cultists and advancing into the keep itself... " His face turned pale, his body shaking, quivering like a child who had a nightmare" We fought tooth and nail, going down into this death trap... one by one we died, to traps or monsters... some were dragged away for sacrifices." the shaking stopped and he looked to the bartender " Only 4 of us made it to the bottom of that damned keep, " he started to laugh. giggling at first as he finished " they were trying to summon a god!" With an evil look in his eye, he looked into the barkeep's eye and manically shot up from the chair and pointed outside to the castle" NOT ANY GOD BUT THE OLD ONE'S OUR SAVIOR!" he giggling turned to laughter, his mind was shattered with what he had seen, suddenly the laughter stopped and he picked up the pistol and stowed it back into the holster " I was the only one to make it back. I said to the others that it was madness... why go into the dungeon... why go and see the evil that was being created. THEY LAUGHED AT ME" He screamed.

Finally crumbling to the ground, laughing and giggling to himself, asking for redemption to the gods that clearly wasn't there, no the flesh was weak in this one that is why he was turned back from the castle. Not as a survivor but as a warning. The barkeep disgusted now by what had transpired left the man to his own devices. The man left, going off to spread the word, the dream that is to come to everyone in the world. The word spread and soon 'heroes' came to put down the evil that lived below the castle. Knights, paladins, mages and everything in between came to conquer the darkness that plagued the town.

The bartender finished his story as he stared down the pair that had been taking the seats of the bar" now... newcomers, are you here to conquer the dark?"

Back
Top Bottom