Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tastes in music?

Vekraihr

Berserkir
I'm wondering what kind of music this community tends to enjoy the most! I'm curious to see how varied the responses I get are, so tell me what your favorite genre of music is, as well as any other genres that you find listening to more than others! I'm personally partial to new wave, electronic, and ambient music for my main go to. I also listen to a variety of metal, alt rock, and indie, with some dabbling in classical and blues!

hard bop: Art Blakey, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Clifford Brown, Max Roach. west coast jazz: Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Gerry Mulligan, Chet Baker.

Hmm everythig except country, warbly opera and heavy, heavy HEAVY thrash metal.

Right now my faves are:

Disturbed
Godsmack
Red hot Chillie Peppers
Linkin Park
Beatles
Queen
Duran Duran
Adam and the Ants
Kate Bush
Sting
Fever Ray
The Pierces
Buzzcocks
Paul Weller

Alt RnB, Hip-Hop/Rap, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, and Chillhop are probably my main music preferences.

But really I listen to anything from Opera to Country. I’m not picky.

I listen to almost all type of music, as far as favorite goes, favorite composer would be Yoko Kanno, singer be Kokia.

Dope! Learning about some new genres. Chai, I dig some hip hop and rap, but it's gotta have a certain something for me to get into it. dkian, Yoko Kanno is quite a good composer.

I listen to just about anything.....except Screamo or Thrash or Death Metal. If I can’t understand a word that’s being said.....I can’t handle it. Lol

Let’s see....just a short list of some that I bounce between listening to.....

Avenged Sevenfold
Elvis
Lady Gaga
Eminem
30 Seconds To Mars
Garth Brooks
Linkin Park
P¡nk
Reba McEntire
Patsy Cline
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Journey

A good variety for writing, thinking, and just relaxing.

Rock
Pop
Country
Instrumental
Jazz
RnB
Rap and Hip Hop
Reggae

I mainly listen to indie rock. Though in all honesty I will listen to anything. If the mood strikes than something a bit heavier, feeling mellow then maybe some acoustic tracks to continue the relaxed and mellow mood. I'm easy really.

Metal, almost exclusively. Everything from doom, stoner, death, grindcore, sludge, etc. Some of my favorite bands:
Sleep
Black Sabbath
Nile
Suffocation
System of a Down
Church of Misery
Bongzilla
Eyehategod
Alice in Chains
Tomb Mold
Churchburn
Skepticism

More varied than I would care to admit. It's pretty all over the place and hard to define. Some of my favourite artists past and present have included: Joy DIvision, Coheed and Cambria, God Speed you Black Emperor, Ghost, Grimes and The Decemberists. The last bands I saw live were Alt-J and The Dead South. I will admit to listening to some 'pop', like Charli XcX's early stuff and will happily argue over which member of Girls Aloud had the best post GA output.

Alot of rock and swing, y'know like little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, chuck berry, that sort of stuff, I listen to other stuff, like newer rock, the blues, a bit of classical, but very little beats Jerry making a piano wail, or Holiday painting serene pictures with nothing but a tune and her voice.

Back
Top Bottom