Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why can't we edit or delete PMs?

Kaybee

Supernova
I know it's possible as I've seen it on several other Xenforo boards. Why isn't it permitted here?

You can delete them. You can also edit them but there is a 15 minute time limit on the editing, after that, you can’t edit them.

If you click on “see all” to view all of your pm’s listed, there should be little boxes beside them. Click the box and a thing should pop up giving you the option to delete or leave the conversation.

You can delete them. You can also edit them but there is a 15 minute time limit on the editing, after that, you can’t edit them.

If you click on “see all” to view all of your pm’s listed, there should be little boxes beside them. Click the box and a thing should pop up giving you the option to delete or leave the conversation.

Not the conversation as a whole, I'm talking about deleting individual messages within it.

It's to prevent people hiding evidence of harassment.

There are add-ons to accommodate this but I need to integrate it with my tracking work.

Extending it by an extra 15 minutes would still stop people from hiding evidence of harassment. Fiction depot has a longer limit than 15 minutes (although I'm not sure exactly how long).

Supporters have half an hour, yes.

And it's on my project list for the 2.1 upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom