Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A drunken beginning (Archmagos Issac x barelyAiwake)

She rolled her eyes, "Ehh... Not that kind of occupied... She gets the attention of all the males, and she loves it." She said with a sigh. She didn't really see how getting her a phone was the right thing to do, they weren't friends, and if he was doing it just for her she didn't want his help. She sighed really annoyed by the situation and wishing anyone else had found her. She made her way to his car and got in after he'd opened the door offering him a thank-you. Putting her seatbelt on she glanced his way as he answered her question.

"That's not what I'd meant by settling. And you wouldn't be settling for me, since you're not with me. Also hence my reason for asking what you like." She said with a nod, "Ehh... I'd meant, don't just describe my mom... " She groaned having other things to say about her mother but choosing not to. She was a little confused voice those feelings. "I'm confused. What does me hating you have to do with my outlook or whatever?" She asked. "I think I'm pretty positive, I'm just a realist when it comes to myself. If you're trying to say a guy won't like me because I'm too down on myself... I'll give you that. You're probably right." She conceited.

He drive and she wanted them to arrive. When he had stopped the car eventually she'd undid her seatbelt and got out shutting her door behind her as she looked around trying to recall the night before.

"Hence why I'm hesitant to answer such a loaded question. I say the truth, I'm a liar. I lie, and you stew on it thinking 'Why can't I be that way' and through that line of questioning we both make our lives more problematic" he replied with a sigh. He glanced at her as she went on to ask how her hating him had anything to do with her outlook. She went on saying she thought she was positive and nearly stopped the car at that, that was until she mentioned being a realist when it came to herself. He sighed as she finished and rubbed his eyes in frustration. "It's not just guys. You are going to wind up pushing away everyone you love, like, or even hope to love or like because you have such a dower look on yourself. Take right now" he said as he motioned out the windshield

"I offered to help you not only try and find your phone but replace it for you. Most folks would say 'Hey thanks! I appreciate the help!'. You on the other hand almost immediately suspected I have some unsavory agenda because......what? Because you can't accept I actually like you and actually want to help? I'm not here because I settled, I didn't have sex with you because I settled, I'm not doing ANY OF THIS because I HAVE to. I'm doing it because I want to. Or at least I did...." he said, trailing off at that last sentence as he finally found where she'd lost her phone and parked the car. He didn't step out however and simply sat there as he closed his eyes and tried to unruffle his feathers as it were. He rubbed his eyes in annoyance and inwardly began wondering what he was doing

She looked at him and nodded, “ suppose I see your point. Well, kind of” She said before she’d got out. She listened to everything he had to say and was confused by it all. She took the time to walk alone knowing by now he’d annoyed her.

She was remembering the night before the texts that triggered her outburst and her anger following the way she’d remembered throwing the phone she walked absently till she’d actually came across it. It wouldn’t turn on but she wasn’t sure if it was because it was dead or because of the damage. She sat crouched next to it as she picked it up still thinking about what he’d said. Getting to her feet she slowly picked up the phone.

Hesitantly she made her way back toward the car. Wanting to run away she wiped her face knowing crying now would just seem like she was trying to garner sympathy which she wasn’t. Knocking on his window she waited for him to at least roll it down a little so she could speak to him.

Found it. And I know my way from here. So you don’t have to bring me home.” She said sadly. “I’m sorry.” She said her voice low her hair in her face so she didn’t look so pathetic. “I am appreciative. And I didn’t think you had any motivation. Aside from the annoying one I’m her daughter… SO you gotta help me out. Not just because I’m me.” She trailed off. “When it comes to me… You’d never just seen me. At least it never felt like it. There’s been because you got paid to babysit me, because you were drunk because you’re with…” She hated that sentence. “I am sorry for making you feel so crappy. You’re one of the… You’re important to me no matter how much I wish you weren’t.” She said, looking away, and wiping her face.

Thank-you for bringing me here.” She started to walk but paused, “But you’re kind of wrong…It’s not that I can’t accept you liking me. It’s just I want you to like me more. I don’t really see you liking me as more. Or a potential daughter… Which was something she said to make me mad yesterday. Sooo know at the moment I… really like you.” She nodded, giving him something of a smile.

James sat back and sighed to himself as he had a moment alone in his car. He closed his eyes and just focused on his breathing as he relaxed himself. He was trying not to be frustrated, he understood where she was coming from after all; but gods she was stand-offish to put it bluntly. It was especially frustrating that they were attempting to start an intimate relationship and she was giving him the worst kind of attitude. He rubbed his eyes and breathed.

'Give it time. Be patient. She'll find her way eventually' he thought. He looked up upon hearing the knock and rolled the window down. He listened as she apologized and explained her view. He softened a bit as she went on and finished with saying that she really liked him. He smiled back and sighed.

"Hop in Bambi, I'll take a look at your phone and see if we can salvage it. Let's put this nasty shit behind us and try again, yeah?" he proposed with a smile and raised eyebrow

She listened to him but hadn't said much annoyed and confused she'd got a few feet from the car when he'd asked her to get in. She sighed stopping and turning to make his way back towards the car. Taking her seat she shot the door putting her seatbelt on as he'd drove again making his way back toward her home. The drive was quiet and a little awkward. He spoke and she simply nodded. She clutched the phone in her hand looking down as she'd cut her fingers a little. She was glad to see her home. He'd parked in front and she got out after he parked.

Unlocking the door she made her way inside tossing her broken phone on the table as he went to wash her hands. He'd eventually come in and her back was to him.
"I've never been a friend... with benefits. How exactly does that work?" She asked her hands stinging a little. She wasn't trying to cause another upset, but she didn't know exactly what they were doing.

James was quiet as they returned home and just like her, he had to admit that the silence was a tad bit awkward. Still, he was happy to have smoothed things over and start things off fresh for the two of them. James pulled up and parked as she bounded towards the door first to unlock it. With the door open and the two of them out of the car, James proceeded to the table to examine the phone a bit closer. He muttered to himself about his findings as he popped the back of the phone off to examine the battery and the phone's innards when Si called asking how exactly being friends with benefits worked. James stopped for a moment to consider that and laughed.

"I'm actually not 100%. My educated guess would be that we act as friends normally would but whenever one of us or both of us wants to have sex.....we do. That's a guess though obviously. I imagine they also sext and flirt and all the stuff couples do, just with no strings attached and the freedom to do whatever we like and enjoy ourselves" he said as he looked the phone over. He nodded and set the phone down as he looked over to the kitchen. "I think you're phone will be fine. Screen is broke to hell but that's an easy and cheap fix" he said as he glanced at his own phone for the time. "If we take off in the next few hours we might be able to get this thing fixed today" he called out again

She watched her hand as it bled in the water sighing as she shut the water off before grabbing a paper towel hold it to her hands. He'd answered her question but sighed not liking the answer but didn't have a choice so she kept quiet. "I've never had a boyfriend..." She admitted. "So I don't know what couples do. Annnnd I never will" She finished quietly, "That's not negative... But you want us to be transparent... It's obviously not that kind of arrangement you asked for." She acknowledged with a shrug. "Sooo I guess you'll just shoot me a pic of a banana and a grapefruit..." She looked at her hands. "Whatever."

"It's not cheap it's like a hundred dollars. I've seen all those kiosks in the mall that will fix the screen of your phone, your tablets, and the like. I can just put packing tape over it so i don't hurt myself more. If you're sure it will work when charged." She sighed, she really was thankful but it felt weird. "If you insist... Can do that then you can get home. " She said lightly looking absently at her feet as she stood by the counter arms crossed in front of herself. "Or if you want could do it later tomorrow?" She shrugged unsure what to say or do in the moment.

"Si..." he said with a warning tone as she said that she said she would never have a boyfriend. He listened as she spoke and grunted. "That's not what I said. When it is just you and me; which will be often, we can be that way. I honestly like the sound of it and wouldn't mind it one bit. I also think it would be good for you to have me as your secret boyfriend of sorts" he said. He didn't acknowledge the comment about the banana and grapefruit as it seemed.....wrong. Crass in the worst way. James put his attention back on the phone and glanced over as she mentioned those kiosks.

"You'd be surprised. I got a buddy who owes me a favor and should be able to do the job cheap. Besides, how's it any different than me buying you a new phone?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He glanced over to her again as she stood with her arms crossed. James got up and walked over to her and hugged her waist from behind, resting his head on top of her own. "I can take care of it. I'll get the phone squared away today if I can but if you want me to go home, just say so honestly" he said gently.

She looked at him cocking an eyebrow and hearing his tone, "Well, that's kind of why I asked." She said frustration of her own. "I don't what any of this is." she said looking down at her hands she threw the dirty paper towel away. "Like the sound of what?" she asked not sure what exactly he was talking about.

"Why waste your favor to get my phone screen fixed, you may need it for something bigger one day.... How? Phones are frickin expensive. I can just save up and get a new one. Just like I said put tape on it or something so I don't cut my hands more when I use it." She shrugged turning to look out the window with another sigh. She was startled when he came up from behind her not expecting arms to wrap around her. Looking up as his head pressed to hers. "Fine." She said blushing at his closeness when he'd said he could take care of it. "I can help pay for it..." She offered not trying to negate his nice gesture. "You don't have to. You can do what you want. If you want to go home and relax if you want to hang around. You know what there is to do. Nothing too exciting..." She said with a shrug her hand lowering hovering over his arm around her but set it on the counter instead.

"Eh. I don't see needing to anything bigger and this seems like a good enough reason to call in said favor" he said. He chuckled when she mentioned just saving up and making due as he put his arms around her. "Just let me spoil you a bit, I wouldn't be offering if it was going to be an issue" he said with a gentle smile as she agreed, blushing a bit at how close he was as she then offered to help pay for it. He smiled and shook his head. "I won't hear of it. Save your money" he said as she admitted that he didn't have to, that he could do what he wanted. He smiled a bit and kissed her shoulder gently at that. "I can't think of a better way to enjoy the day than by spending it with you" he said with a gentle smile, enjoying having her in his arms and holding her close

She'd shrugged at his reply to her comment. "You never know." She said embarrassed when he'd commented on her being a good reason to use the favor. She let out a breath not knowing exactly how to act in the current situation. Just never having been really physically close to other boys except for one friend from the complex, but he'd never been like this with her. It made her feel uncomfortable but not necessarily in a bad way. He's commented on him spoiling her and she sighed, "Fine." She said with a small nod his head still above hers.

Her eyes moved to her side when he kissed her shoulder, she wasn't facing him but she rolled her eyes at his comment about spending the remainder of the day with her. Inwardly she just wanted to put on some loungey clothing and watch TV. But she felt too self-conscious with him around so she just stood in front of the counter trying not to focus on the fact he had his arms around her. "Then what do you want to do?" She asked awkwardly sure he didn't want to just stand in the kitchen.

"Thank you" he said as she gave in to letting him spoil her. He smiled a bit as he could tell she wasn't used to it and thought that perhaps he needed to fix that. He stood there for a moment as she rolled her eyes unseen. He could also see she was still a little uncomfortable with this and glanced to the stove clock. He breathed a sigh and stood up straighter. "Tell you what, I need to go get some clothes for myself. I'm still in my work clothes after all and I could probably do with a shower and a change of clothes. I'll take care of your phone so I don't forget, swing by my place, do all that, and pick up some of my own clothes to stay tonight. If you aren't comfortable later in the evening, no biggie. We'll see where this takes us" he said as he rested his chin on her head. "That sound alright to you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

She nodded as he thanked her. She could tell she was making things awkward and sighed quietly. 'One thing I'm good at.' She thought to herself. She was confused about why he wanted to come back since she wasn't around. But she didn't speak her thoughts. She'd listened as he'd told her what he planned on doing. "Sure if you want." She said "I just usually wait till you're gone or I'm in my room for the night to put on my PJ's." She said choosing to just ignore her mother's existence at the moment. Her style is different than what she'll wear in front of most people.

"It's really not a big deal though... Only two, maybe three people would be texting me. I don't care if she can't get in touch with me. And I'll call Hisa later on my computer. If she's around." She sighed hearing his comment about her comfort. "I can't exactly say it'll be normal..." She lamented. "I don't hang around just you. And I don't hang around... "YOU" plural, at all... If I can help it." She added. waiting for him to move before turning and leaning against the counter. "But why are you asking if it's ok with me?" She asked looking at him confused.

"That's alright, I just know I've been wearing these clothes for just a bit too long and would probably benefit from a change" he said with a chuckle. He smiled as she mentioned the phone not being a big deal. "I know, but it's still something I can do to fix it and I'd like to do it if I can" he said in response as she lamented that things might not be normal. He smiled a bit and kissed the top of her head as he backed away and raised an eyebrow when she asked why he was asking what's okay with her. "Cause I want you to be happy and comfortable around me. If you aren't comfortable and happy than please be honest and tell me. I'm not gonna have my feelings hurt so long as you are honest, upfront, and are talking rather than trying to stab me verbally" he admitted. He made for the dining area and grabbed her phone as he turned towards her. "Do you want or need anything while I'm about? It's on me" he offered with a raised eyebrow.

She nodded, "I could see how that could be annoying especially given the other night," he was sweaty maybe even a little dirty. She blushed not fully remembering the other night only what she recalled from the dream. "I know... It's fine. I'm just saying it's not something you have to stress over. Not saying I don't appreciate it." She said rubbing her eyes.

She listened when he'd spoken about her being happy and it made her feel weird. She had no idea what would make her happy. She knew she wanted him to want her but also felt it wasn't something that would genuinely happen. 'He's only acting the part of a boyfriend... He doesn't want anything from me.' she thought But hearing him she gave him a look her expression flat. "I am not trying to verbally stab you." she hmphed. He walked away to head to the table, she reached out for him but stopped herself. He would have seen her hand as it fell to her side. "Get yourself something for dinner." She said with a sigh shrugging not sure what he'd want to eat if anything. "You don't have to get me anything," she said pushing herself off the counter. walking towards the kitchen door going to go up to her room after he leaves.

"Eh. I wouldn't call it annoying but it's certainly not the most pleasant" he said with a chuckle. He noticed her blush but didn't say anything as she said that it was fine but he didn't need to stress over it. "Not stressing over it. Just figure kill 2 birds with 1 stone you know?" he mentioned with a smile as he soon backed away. He laughed gently at her comment of verbally stabbing him as she huffed. "Not saying you are" he said. He saw her hand fall and he smiled. "I promise I'm coming back" he assured her. He raised an eyebrow however as he grabbed his keys and she mentioned something for him to eat. "You sure? I can order us a pizza or something" he said. He smiled as she said he didn't have to get her anything. He approached and took her hand gently as she was making for the stairs. "I know I don't HAVE to get you anything, I'm asking if you WANT anything" he said with a gentle smile and a gentle tone.

She listened when he'd commented on his comfort level. Nodding when he'd said he wasn't stressing over her and the phone. "Good to know." She said in a small voice. She cocked an eyebrow at his remark. "What?" She asked confused when he'd said that before crossing her arms in front of her. "It's not that. You'll be back whenever." She said sighing. She'd wanted something but she knew it wasn't something she would be getting so she just looked away. "I can still use the computer to order something, Might get some sushi... or something. I dunno." She said listening to him as he spoke. "Maybe some bubble tea?" she said quietly watching him leave when he had locked the door after him she practically booked it up to her room.

"I can make that happen. I'll be back as soon as I can" he said with a smile as he closed the door behind him and got to work. He sat for a moment considering what to do first and settled on taking her phone to Mark's shop. He'd have to go past Mark's to get to his place anyhow, made the most sense to him. James got on the road and made for Marco's. It wasn't long before James had parked out front and stepped out. James smiled as his friend looked up and spotted him.

"Hey James, how you doing?" he called. James smiled and offered his hand as he approached, shaking Mark's hand.

"Not to bad man, I got a repair for you. Think you can help me out?" he asked with a raised eyebrow as he handed Mark the phone. Mark looked over the phone and nodded.

"Easy enough. Just a busted screen right?" he asked. James nodded.

"Yep. How long do you think it'll take to fix it?" he inquired. Mark thought about it and checked the computer for his inventory list and nodded.

"I can have it fixed by tomorrow. That work for you?" he asked. James nodded and smiled.

"Perfect. Just gimme a call when it's all finished and I'll come nab it" he said. Mark nodded and smiled.

"Gotcha man. I'll get right to it" he said. James smiled and shook Mark's hand again.

"Thanks man, I'll leave you to it" he said with a grin as he stepped out of the store and back on his way. It wasn't long before James was back home and stripping down to take a quick shower and change into something a bit more comfortable, consisting primarily a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Nothing fancy. James began going about the apartment and nabbing some clothes he could sleep in and perhaps change into if necessary. James nodded as he went over his bag and felt satisfied he had everything he needed as he picked up his bag and hopped back in the car. All in all it took about an hour, 2 at most to get to his point before he got to work fetching Si's bubble tea. James opted to nab himself just a simple burger and fries before grabbing a bubble tea for her. He'd nearly sent a text saying he was on his way back but remembered she didn't have a phone as he was about to open the message. Wouldn't take long before he was back to her place

She sighed giving him a nod as he turned and left. Watching him leave she waved to his back knowing he hadn't seen him. She sighed locking the door before heading up to her room. "This is so stupid." She growled in annoyance now that he wasn't around to hear her or get mad at her. She went to her room undressing with a stretch. Going to her dresser she pulled out her PJ's not actually believing he was going to come back so she pulled out the silky shirt and the shorts and put them on. Pulling her hair up into a ponytail she grabbed her laptop and set it on her bed as she turned it on.

Hearing the familiar noise as it turned on she sat in front of it opening the internet she went to doordash and placed an order for sushi. She smiled lying back on her bed and staring up at the wall trying not to think about him. It was still too confusing. She'd closed her eyes for a bit opening them over an hour later. "My sushi should be here. She said bringing her computer downstairs she opened the door grabbing her food which sat on the cement below.

Once inside she turned the heat up a little hearing a noise. Grabbing the bag, she hurried into the living room seeing her friend was calling. Answering she gave her a smile. "Hey girl... missed you last night." Her friend said with a syrupy voice. "I know you didn't you had 2 guys to occupy your time." She said. "True. But you should have joined. It was fun." She said and Si rolled her eyes. "No, I ended up hooking with someone because I was drunk and he's easily influenced." She shared her friend's eyes going wide. "Dish." Her friend said. "It was just an accident. I was drunk and made a move on James." She sighed opening her sushi. "As in... that creepy guy who's fucking your mom?" She said and she frowned. "Yea...." Si sighed. "Well good for you I guess." She said less than enthusiastically.

"He wants to be my secret boyfriend." She added. "I know it's weird right? I've never had a boyfriend." She said with a pause before questioning her. "You haven't loved every guy you've said you'd date, have you?" She asked. "You kidding, no some I barely even liked." She said which made her friend nod. "Ok, I know he barely likes me. So it's weird he suddenly wants to be my pretend boyfriend... He's hugged me... kinda but he seems to want to yell at me for being negative and keep his distance... It's confusing. I just want to know what it's like to be liked, wanted... " She sighed her friend giving her a pitying look. "So... what have you been up to today?" She asked, She continued talking with her friend unaware the door opened at some point and he'd actually come back into her home.

James arrived after awhile and sat in the car for a moment to enjoy his food. He didn't want to seem rude if she hadn't eaten yet and frankly the drive had sapped much of his hunger. He smiled to himself however as he thought of the events since last night. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself and wonder how he'd gotten himself here. Not that he minded much. Still, it was strange knowing this was happening. As he thought though, he couldn't help but think about how hard Si was on herself. He wanted to be shocked but he remembered being where she was. Critical of yourself to the point of being almost nihilistic. He sighed as he finished the food, wadding up the wrappers and bag and tossing it into the trash can outside as he retrieved the bubble tea and his bag. He stepped up to the door and took a moment to open the door had been left unlocked.

With a click, the door opened and James made a sigh of relief as he made for the bathroom and set his bag down. With the tea in hand, he made for the living room and couldn't help but over hear part of the last portion of her conversation. How she wanted to be liked and wanted. He was about to call to her when he caught a glimpse of her outfit through the feed on her video call. He blushed a bit at the sight and cleared his throat, showing her the cup of bubble tea as to not disturb her as he mouthed the words "Sorry!" He hadn't intended on interrupting her conversation but here he was doing it anyway

Hisa had told her about her day, and asked about her mom. "Luckily she's been at work hopefully i won't see her till after school Monday or Tuesday." she said. "I hate her but I'm not going to screw him over because he accidentally slept with me." She added "That is a pickle." Hisa spoke not really sure what to say. "I will likely be either living in my room, or roaming the streets." She said seriously. "Sici..." She said pointing behind her. She gave her friend a look before turning her head seeing him behind her. "Great how long has he been there?" She asked the blonde shrugged. "I don't know. I wasn't paying attention." She answered. "Thought you said he wasn't coming back." Her friend reminded her. "I didn't think he actually was." She said with an unsure expression. "I'll talk to you later." She sighed.

Not wanting to turn around as she'd been wearing her PJ's she forced herself to get up and head towards him taking the drink. "Thank you." She said, "What are you doing back?" She asked genuinely confused as to why he was there, seeing he did in fact change his clothes. She turned away heading to the couch sitting at the opposite end.

James was embarrassed he'd interrupted her phone call and mentally kicked himself for not realizing it before. Still, he needed to give her her tea before it got warm and the sooner he'd gotten her attention, the sooner he could give her the tea. He watched as she stood up and was a bit dumbstruck as she approached. The words registered but it took a moment to process as he admired her attire and blinked. "Uh, no problem. Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation" he said. He raised an eyebrow at her second question and chuckled. "I told you I was coming back. I'm not in the habit of saying one thing and meaning another" he commented as she then turned away and made for the couch. James couldn't help but admire the way the shorts fitted her and cleared his throat as he approached the couch and chuckled. "I was going to text you that I was coming back but then remembered your phone was...." he began. He trailed off slowly however as he admired her and blinked again. "Remembered your phone was broke" he said with a chuckle. The man was now blushing, obviously enjoying what he was seeing

She ignored the looks he was giving her, at least he tried. "It's fine we talked for an hour, I'll see her at school or talk to her later." She said looking at him as he spoke about coming back. "And... I didn't think you actually were. Or I'd kept my clothes on." She said matter-of-factly. She sat back in the couch her legs pulled to her chest looking over as he'd walked up to the couch and talked about texting her. "

"Yea, you can text me all you want. I won't be getting it." She said with a shrug sipping her drink noting he was talking weird but didn't think anything of it. "You don't text me, to begin with." She added looking over at him trying hard to ignore the fact she was in her PJ's which she refused to wear around anyone else. He was blushing and acting weird and she was clueless as to why. Nearly forgetting her sushi till she'd seen it by her computer reaching over to grab it she pulled it in front of her sitting back and she opened it.

Last edited:
"Still. I hate intruding" he responded as she went on to comment how she hadn't thought he was actually going to come back. He chuckled and shook his head. "Nope. I was coming back" he said as she sipped her tea and commented how he hadn't texted her before anyway. That was a fair observation. "I suspect that may change now" he commented. He smiled a bit as she reached for her sushi. James couldn't help but bite his lip and grin. She looked incredible at the moment, she wanted to feel wanted, perhaps now was the chance to show her he wanted her. James leaned over the couch and moved in, kissing her neck and jaw slowly. "If it makes you feel better, I think you look amazing right now" he whispered with a grin

She gave him a look at his comment. "You weren't intruding. Now, if you just stood there listening to the whole thing... That would be a different story." She said with a smile. Shrugging when he'd said he was coming back. "You suspect?" She said sipping her drink and looking at it almost intently. "I guess we'll see." She said absently. She wasn't surprised when he'd sat on the couch but she was when he'd sat so close to her glancing at him from the corner of her eye. She froze embarrassed as his lips touched her skin relaxing after a moment. "Just my PJ's. though I don't let anyone see me in my PJ's." She said sheepishly a small sigh escaping when he kissed her jaw.

Back
Top Bottom