Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Lost, Now Found (Beauvoir x Birble)

Sage also let out a laugh but kind of felt bad for his younger self. Kind of a bummer thing to learn really, especially if you idolized someone as much as he idolized Airyth apparently. He looked at the goblet of what looked like blood. Gently he reached out and took it from the Vyre, nervously putting it to his lips. He took a light sip and instantly almost choked, a few drops of the blood substitute spilling from the corners of his mouth and down his chin, then neck.

"EUGH, it tastes rancid- I can't see how you really enjoy -" Suddenly Sage froze as a scene began to flash through his mind. He and the crown prince were sitting in front of a fire place he recognized from walking through the castle. They both lacked any sort of clothing, except their crowns and the big room was lit only by the fire roaring away in front of them. At first he saw through his own eyes, and felt the bear skin rug under his exposed flesh. He could feel Airyth's teeth in throat, and hear the gulping for a moment before he pulled away, his mouth and jugular covered in Sage's blood. He'd taken a lot and Sage felt weak, but not in danger. Before he knew it, the Vyre was inside of him and they were both making lewd noises into the night. The scene zoomed out and he saw himself in his brother's lap riding the Vyre's cock as they had animalistic sex in front of the fire place. The sage in the vision suddenly looked directly at wherever his current self was watching from, as if he could feel him there, and then the vision ended.

Back in the present Sage shook his head, trying to push the vision from his mind and pretend it hadn't happened. As Airyth talked about the younger brother consuming his cum to stay healthy he trembled a bit. At the note of Airyth not wanting Sage to feel embarrassed he felt a bit bad. "I don't know if I'd say I'd be embarrassed, it just seems, really lewd." He murmured, taking another bite. Little had he known, a tear of blood had come from his eye, a tell tale sign he'd had a vision all the way back from his childhood.

Airyth watched with a slight smirk as Sage took the cup. The cup contained a mixture of vitamins and animal blood, so it tasted rather foul. He could only laugh at Sage's reaction. "You're spilling my dinner." He teased. It didn't even taste particularly good to Vyre, but he would honestly do whatever it took to avoid breaking his promise to his brother.

Sage's reaction filled his chest with panic. Something was off, but he didn't know what was happening. He set aside the glass, his expression becoming serious. "Sage? My love?" He touched his cheek. "What's wrong?" He let out a shaky breath as Sage seemed to return to normal. "My dear..." He leaned in to press their foreheads together. "You scared me..." He frowned at the sight of the blood, lightly brushing it from Sage's eye. "Did you see something just now..?" He asked. He knew what that meant, but he wasn't sure if Sage knew what it meant. If he had seen something upsetting then he didn't want to tell him what it meant...

"I will never judge you for being lewd." He promised. "Besides, something like this is for your health... So you shouldn't worry about something like that."

The younger prince was still a bit shaken up by the vision, but now that he was back in reality he saw that Airyth seemed really concerned about him. He blinked a few times, debating whether to tell the older brother about what he'd seen, but- he was so worried, and he didn't want to make his brother worry about him anymore than needed. "Y-yeah, I saw something. We were in that room with the big marble fire place downstairs and the bear rug. You were on top of me, you drank a lot of my blood and got all messy, then you were-" He swallowed a lump in his throat. "Inside of me, I was on your lap and we were like animals." He flushed as he described what he'd seen.

As they talked about the supplements he could benefit from again he kept the image in his head. "I mean... Maybe I'll try it soon? Maybe." He murmured again. After a few more bites and finishing his water he leaned back on Airyth. "Ugh I'm so full-"... "W-why did I see that-?"

"I see..." Airyth closed his eyes for a moment, relieved that Sage hadn't seen any type of danger. In fact, knowing that Sage had seen them together made his chest swell with happiness. They would be together before too long, Airyth just had to be patient a little longer and Sage would be his.

He finished up his drink and ate some of his food. When Sage was finished he put aside what was left. He could keep eating, but he wanted to shower his brother with affection instead. His arms snaked around the younger man's waist, gently feeling his skin. "It's probably because you consumed a bit of my seed..." He explained. "If you are given the proper nutrients then you may start to gain some magic. It sounds like you may have had a premonition." He was careful not to sound too certain, wanting to judge Sage's reaction. He didn't want to tell Sage that he used to have those powers, otherwise he might start to figure out there were other ways to get the right nutrients.

"Would you like to make that premonition come true?" He breathed, his fingers moving down to rub Sage's entrance.

Sage breathed out slowly as he absorbed the new information that he could possibly be having premonitions from consuming his brother's cum. His cheeks turned bright pink as he thought it over. On one hand he would've loved to get some magic abilities, but on the other it was at a cost that he wasn't sure he wanted to submit too. Though with everything else Airyth was expecting of him, it didn't seem like the biggest thing in the world. Still weird though. As his brother seemed to be trying to make a move on him again he whined a little bit. "Airyth, I'm tired. Besides I haven't even decided if I want to lose my virginity anytime soon-" He murmured, leaning back on his brother with heavy lids.

"Would you stay with me tonight though? I don't wanna be in this big room all alone in the dark on my first night here?" He smiled sleepily.

Airyth's tail twitched in annoyance at the refusal. He especially didn't like the implication that Sage might want to wait a long time. Sage was his. He should be showing proper gratitude that he was waiting at all and hadn't forced himself upon him in the bath. He's tired. Airyth had to remind himself. He's had a long day, let him get some rest.

He smiled at the request and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Of course, my love, I would be happy to stay with you." He hadn't actually planned on leaving Sage alone, even if he hadn't asked. But it was nice to be wanted. He turned off the light and pulled the blankets over them both, snuggling his brother close. "Get some rest my dear."

Sage was glad when Airyth didn't push the subject any farther and instead just put out the lights and then came back to bed. He'd wanted to put some clothes on but was too tired to whine about it, as the Vyre wrapped his arms around him and pulled the covers up. It wasn't hard for the small half human to get comfortable when he'd been so used to sleeping on a mat made of hay. He fell asleep rather quickly and easily. He didn't dream much either, that's how tired he'd been.

The next morning he woke up, his eyes almost stuck together. Sage had slept better than he'd ever remembered sleeping before. Slowly he pulled himself from the Vyre and walked over to the big dark wooden wardrobe. Opening it he tried to pick some clothes that were supposed to fit loosely, since he knew none of it had been tailored yet. He eventually settles on a black button up shirt with puffy sleeves and a pair of of simple shorts. He pulled a pair of white socks up to his knees before going back to the bed and laying himself close to the Vyre once more. He was worried that Airyth would be worried if he'd woken up and Sage was gone.

Airyth slept with his arms wrapped tightly around Sage. He didn't want to risk someone taking his brother away while he slept. He slept peacefully, better than he had in years. For once he didn't awaken in a cold sweat, wondering if Sage was being hurt somewhere. He was able to just rest.

Just feeling Sage slip out of bed was enough to wake him, although he relaxed when he saw that no one was taking his brother. He watched Sage change, his eyes open just a crack. A soft purr escaped his throat as his little brother rejoined him in bed. He wrapped his arms around him again and nuzzled into his hair, breathing in his scent. It was so hard not to push him down and claim his body, and even harder to resist the urge to drink from him... But he was able to hold back for now.

"Good morning beautiful…" He murmured. "Did you sleep alright?" His fingers brushed through Sage's soft locks, enjoying the feeling of his brother's presence. He's safe… He's finally safe… He thought to himself.

Sage smiled softly as he felt his brother's hands combing through his hair. He sighed and lay there for a while just wondering what today had in store for him. He enjoyed the little affections he got from Airyth, such as the holding and the hair stroking and all of that. It was nice, after a childhood that hadn't held much affection. Even if Airyth's affections went beyond brotherly more often than he thought he'd like, Sage decided it was nice to have a brother at least. The boy stayed like that for a while, dozing in and out of being half asleep, until he decided he wanted to move. Or at least do something... He was also a bit hungry for breakfast. "Airyth, we should get up, I could use some breakfast and I wanna do something-" He smiled a bit, nuzzling against his brother. He smiled up at him, wondering just what they could do. They were royalty, surely anything was at their disposal.

"I guess we can't lay in bed forever..." Airyth sighed, finally forcing himself to sit up. "Just give me a minute to get some clothes." He kissed Sage's forehead. "Do you have any special requests for breakfast?" He went to the bathroom and grabbed a spare robe from the closet, wrapping the soft blue garment around himself.

“I’ll be right back, stay here.” He said, returning to the side of the bed. Tenderly he brushed his fingers against Sage’s cheek. The idea of leaving his brother alone for even a moment was making him worried. No one’s going to take him away… He tried to reassure himself. I’m not going to be able to stay by his side all the time.

He pulled Sage into a tight hug, needing a bit more reassurance. “Just… Call for me if anything happens…” He murmured before pulling away and going to his bedroom to get changed. He dressed in a pair of fitted black pants, a ruffled black silk shirt, and a dark red waistcoat. As soon as he was finished he rushed back to Sage’s room to make sure his brother was still safe.

Sage stretched as they sat up, glad to finally be up and moving. When the Vyre wrapped a robe around himself, Sage realized, it'd been a long time since he'd seen the crown prince in anything other than his birthday suit. When he seemed so reluctant to let him go to the point that he hugged him Sage let out small giggle and pat him on the back. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

As the older brother left to get changed, Sage decided to look around his room. First he went to the drawers finding not much in them, and then he went to the wardrobe again, but decided to open the big doors on it. There he found, sitting on the pillow, a black metal circlet intricately woven in elegant circular patterns. In the center was a large teardrop shaped gem the color of blood. Slowly the young male picked up the circlet, he went to try it on, but just then images from the vision the night before flashed through his mind and he went to put the beautiful piece down right as his brother returned.

"Oh! You look nice!"

Airyth immediately pulled Sage into a tight hug, holding him tightly for a few moments as he calmed his nerves. “You’re safe…” He murmured. "Thank the gods..." After he felt a bit more calm he finally released Sage. He didn't know if he would ever get over his fear of losing Sage again. The memory of going to Sage's room and finding him missing was burned into his mind. For years he had blamed himself for not staying by his little brother's side, not that he had a second chance he wasn't going to let that happen again.

He took a deep breath and released the hug, taking Sage's hand in his own instead. "Thank you... You look beautiful as always." He tenderly touched his brother's cheek. "Did you have any requests for breakfast? Or would you just like to see what the kitchen prepares for us?" He asked.

Sage was taken by surprise at the sudden hug, though he supposed they should've been used to it by now. In a way it hurt him to see how much it'd hurt Airyth to find him gone one morning. Sage couldn't even imagine what a shattering moment that had been. He made a mental note to try and make sure he always let Airyth know where he was going. At the thought of food his stomach growled quietly. Apparently now that he'd had a taste of decent food, his body wanted more. When Airyth asked he thought. "Hmmm what do you want- what's your favorite?" Just then some sort of energy radiated through the castle and it made Sage shiver and a gross feeling formed in the pit of his stomach. Airyth would know it all too well.

Fausta, the court mage and the king's favorite advisor had returned.

~~~~~~~~~

Fausta La'Chanteaux had once been the daughter of a noble family. When said family tried to colonize a remote land behind the borders of the kingdom or Morrigan, they'd all been killed aside from her. The vyres that had killed the La'Chanteaux's human family had been a tribe of feral creatures, whether they had existed before the modern Vyre's or recessed from them was unknown. What was known though, was that they were bloodthirsty, savage creatures with their own unique magical practices, potent and dark. Practices Fausta had learned after being taken by these creatures and turned at age 12.

Eventually she'd broken free from her imprisonment, but the experience had harrowed Fausta and changed her forever, mentally and physically. Noted in her cruel eyes, black hair that had become half white either from turning or stress, and the ghostly scars that curved up from the corners of her mouth.

The double doors to the great hall flew open as she entered, covered in a black fur cloak, the red silk dress that clung to her body almost completely obscured as her hair fluttered around her shoulders, held up by a clip. "We didn't find the woman my lor-" Just then the lady Vyre stumbled as one of the knights trailing her stepped on her cloak. She turned around as her eyes flashed a feverish pink. "YOU IDIOT!" With a flick of her wrist the knight flew back outside and into a cart as if he'd been rammed by a bull.

Fausta turned around and swept a lock of hair from her face.

"My favorite thing to eat is you, of course." Airyth teased, leaning down to kiss Sage's neck. "But if that's off the table then I do rather enjoy eggs benedict... Do you remember having that?" He knew Sage had eaten it when he lived in the palace, but he had no idea if that was something that commoners ate very often.

He opened the door to lead Sage downstairs, but was hit with a familiar and quite unpleasant presence. A sigh of annoyance escaped his lips. "Fausta..." He wrapped his arm around Sage's waist protectively. "Are you alright?" He asked, glancing down at his brother.

~~~~~~~~~

King Zolvir had been making his way to the dining hall for breakfast when he saw Fausta arrive. He watched for a moment with a slight smirk of amusement. "Good morning Lady Fausta, you're quite energetic for so early in the day." He said rather casually. "Would you care to join me for breakfast? Perhaps we can discuss any progress you have made since we last spoke, and what you plan for the next step... Maybe a hot meal will improve your mood." He chuckled softly, knowing that nothing would actually improve her mood.

Sable rolled his eyes in amusement as Airyth made the rather predictable joke. At the thought though he wondered, was it wrong of him to deny the Vyre some blood just because it seemed like an uncomfortable experience? At the thought of eggs benedict his tummy rumbled. "I'm not sure, maybe I'll remember it if we have some? He smiled shyly. When he felt the unpleasant prescience he was glad that Airyth also seemed to acknowledge it. Though a new nervousness crept up his spine when he felt the arm around him protectively.

"Yeah I'm fine-... Whos is Fausta?" He asked, with a worried tone to his voice. "And why does her being here, make my skin crawl?" Suddenly though, the feel of the woman's magical energy brought a memory to his mind. A somewhat younger Fausta, late teens holding out her hand and when Sage had reached to touch it, some kind of magic had zapped him, he'd cried. All he really remembered though was the long snake tattoo that wrapped around her arm, and up to her shoulder.

"The woman with snake tattoo..."

~~~~~

Fausta let out an annoyed breath as she removed her cloak and dumped it on a servant before giving her king a curtsey. "My apologies my king, these knights have been on my final nerve for the last few days and I could not wait to return, so we've already been traveling a few hours this morning." At the invitation of breakfast she nodded her thanks. "Thank you sire, I would love that- will your newly returned son be joining us, I'm anxious to see how he's changed. Besides, I'm anxious to get an impression of my protégé to be." She smiled as she walked beside the king. It was her understanding that Sage had shown promise in the area of Magic, and that it'd been decided years after his kidnapping that should he ever return, she would teach him.

"But, that aside, I didn't get to finish before that last episode... We didn't locate your former concubine. But we did find traces of, her. I'm hoping it's enough that I can scry her location, but it was so little I cannot promise anything. If nothing else I have a good idea of where to look next. Though, how should we approach discussing this in front of your son?" It was no secret Sage's mother was one of the most wanted people in the country, but even a callous woman like Fausta wasn't stupid enough to talk about that in front of him, at least not yet.

Once they were sat at the table, she looked at the king. "Onto other subjects, the planning for the ball is nearly finished. Though I will tell you, King Oberon has voiced that he will only attend if his son is allowed an audience with Sage... Are you certain you wouldn't want to use an arrangement between one of the kingdom's and your youngest to your advantage my lord? It could be a boon!"

"Fausta is our court mage and one of father's chief advisors… She used to teach you magic, but I don't want to let her continue that." Airyth's voice was firm with determination. He had always hated that she often made Sage cry with her rough teaching method. Back then he had been too young to have much of a say, but now that his coronation age was rapidly approaching he had more power. Just two more years… He thought to himself. As soon as I'm crowned I won't let anyone touch Sage again…

"You remember?" He asked, frowning slightly. "Was it something unpleasant?" He led sage towards the dining hall, stopping a passing servant to instruct them on his request for breakfast. The servant bowed and rushed ahead to inform the kitchen, not wanting to make the princes wait.

~~~~~~~

"I hope so, although I suppose it depends on what Airyth decides to do with him… I think it will be awhile before he allows Sage out of his sight." The king let out a tired sigh. "You may not be able to start his training for a few days."

"I see… Please continue to do your best, I cannot allow her to get near Sage again. I will increase the palace security until she is apprehended, Sage's safety is my top priority." Zolvir frowned at the question. "Please do not mention it in front of him, at all. Not even that we are looking for her. If he knows that we're trying to capture her then he might try to hide any information he might know." It broke his heart to manipulate his own son like that, but it was Sage's safety. He would tell him the truth when Sage had settled in more. "Have you interrogated the woman he calls his grandmother yet?"

He sat down at the table, another tired sigh escaping his lips. "In that case we will grant him an audience, but do not make any promises. Inform him that it will not be a completely private audience, it will be separate from the party… But tell them Sage is rather nervous about the meeting."

He leaned back in his seat, rubbing his eyes. "Yes, it would be a great boon now… But the moment Airyth takes the throne he will invade their country trying to get Sage back… That boy is obsessed." He shook his head slightly. "I once made the mistake of mentioning that Sage might have to marry someone else when he returns, and Airyth told me in no uncertain terms that he would do whatever it takes to get his brother back… Even if it meant fighting a hopeless war that would completely destroy our country… As beneficial as that relationship would be, it's far more beneficial to keep Airyth… Sane… Two years of plentiful trade is not worth damning a generation to serve a mad king."

"That would make sense then." He murmured with some distaste in his quiet voice. "I think the memory was after she'd first gotten here or something. We'd been playing and she introduced herself, but when I went to shake her hand, she'd shocked me. A prank or something, but a little kid doesn't know a thing like that. All I knew was that she'd hurt me so I'd cried." He mumbled about the memory. "I was kind of a crybaby wasn't I?" He laughed, and in a way he supposed he still was. Had he cried since his arrival back at the castle? He wasn't sure.

"Will we be eating with the king this morning?" He asked lightly. He wanted to spend a little more time with his father.

~~

Fausta smirked, but on the inside she rolled her eyes. The older Prince's obsession with the younger boy, prehaps if he hadn't been kidnapped it wouldn't have turned out like this, but she figured she might as well not think about that now. "It is fine, i have plenty of things to do. Tell me sire, what do you plan to put your youngest in charge of? Your spymaster, your delegate, Surely you have some plans other than holding him up on a pedestal until Airyth takes the throne?"

At the question of the grandmother, she sighed. "The, old woman isn't speaking, I can't seem to even gather if she's actually his grandmother or just an old hag that the woman entrusted your stolen child too. Either way, she won't do anything but demand to see the young prince. But I do not think that's a wise idea. Surely she's already filled his head with ideas about us Vyres and your kingdoms, and she'll only continue to do so if they meet in private."

At his rant about keeping Airyth sane, the sorceress rapped her long sharp black nails on the table. "I see where you're coming from but you're too easy on that boy. What if it isn't even what sage wants, and what of your legacy and the relationships you've made. Take me for example... Surely you realize the moment he is crowned king he'll have me out of this country faster than you can blink. It's no secret he does not care much for me."

Airyth frowned a little deeper at Sage’s recollection. He remembered that moment. “She hurt you, there is no reason to be ashamed of being upset by that.” He hugged Sage a little closer. If only he could keep the world away from his brother… He wondered if it would be possible to lock Sage away so no one could ever touch him.

“Ah, yes we will be joining father in the hall.” He managed a slight smile at that.

~~~~

“For now I do not wish to appoint him to any position, he needs time to settle in and learn to trust his country again.” The King sighed again. “I do not know how deeply that woman has managed to brainwash him, if he deeply believes that we cannot be trusted or that we are a country of monsters then it would be dangerous to put him in a position of power… Besides, I need to see where his talents currently lie. I intend to spend the next couple of months training him in a wider variety of things and ensuring he has a proper education, from there we can decide on where he would be the most useful and focus his further training… Having experience in another country could be useful for a spymaster, but we will have to see how he does.”

“Of course, she will not be allowed to meet with him in private. Perhaps I will allow them to meet under supervision at some point… But it will depend on how much Sage trusts us.” Zolvir chewed his lip for a moment. “If you use any methods of physical tortue then do not leave any proof. If he does meet with her then I will need to be able to deny any such claims.”

“I have spoken to him about such things… Now that Sage is here I may be able to bargain with him… I will consider my options and try to get him to be more reasonable… But there will only be so much I can do once he is crowned. Of course I could delay his coronation. But if I put it off without good reason it could damage the people’s confidence in him… And I want to make sure that I am around to guide him for as long as possible… He does not listen to me when it comes to Sage, but there are plenty of things that he does respect my advice for.” He glanced at her. “You have known for a long time that he will be crowned when he turns 26, perhaps it is best that you start building that relationship yourself. It’s not as though you don’t have the opportunity.”

He looked up as the door opened and Airyth and Sage entered. “We will finish this discussion later.” He said to Fausta, lowering his voice so the princes wouldn’t hear. He gave the two a gentle smile. “Good morning. Did you both sleep well?”

Fausta wasn't happy that the conversation had ended on such a note, but there was nothing she could do as both Prince's had entered the hall. She gave them an elegant smile as the entered but secretly she'd wished they'd taken breakfast in their room.

~~~~~~~~

Sable wasn't thrilled that Fausta was the first thing he noticed as soon as they entered the hall, the smile she gave them framed by the scars that should've given her a permanent smile. Not even etchings in flesh could make Fausta seem like a pleasant person. When his father asked them about how they slept, he thought better than to mention anything of the night before other than maybe dinner. "It was- the most comfortable bed that i remember sleeping in, anyway." He gave his father a smile.

As they moved to sit Fausta stood for a moment holding her hand out to the younger. "I'm not sure you remember me my lord, but my name is Fausta, I'm your father's court mage and I shall be tutoring you in the magical arts." Sage wasn't sure what to do, from the memory he didn't want to touch the woman but it would be rude and awkward if he didn't at least shake her hand. He got an idea though, as he felt a tingle in his hand and he reached out to shake her hand. At the moment a small bolt of energy jumped from the younger prince's hand to hers and Fausta pulled her hand back like she'd been bit.

"I'm sorry! I tried a sip of AIryth's blood wine last night and I've been doing funny things ever since." Sage lied. The small male went and sat by his father, beckoning Airyth to sit by him.

Fausta had a moment of pause... "It's quite alright my Prince, these things happen- But don't worry I can train you to keep a hold on that." Fausta gave Airyth a sideways glare as he passed. How did Sage remember that moment from all those years ago?

Airyth scowled at the mention of her tutoring Sage. He had fought with his father about it but King Zolvir had remained firm. The sight of Sage’s retaliation made him smirk and he lightly kissed his brother’s forehead. “I’ll have to be careful not to let you have any more of that, at least not until you’ve had some proper practice…” He followed Sage to sit down at the table, taking his hand and interlocking their fingers.

The servants brought out a large array of foods. Eggs, bacon, sausage, fluffy pancakes, fresh fruit, juice, coffee… As well as eggs benedict as Airyth requested. Airyth pointed out the dish to Sage so he would know what it was.

King Zolvir filled his plate with his favorites, watching Airyth out of the corner of his eye. He waited a moment before speaking. “Airyth, I do hope that you have not forgotten your meeting with Duchess Estellia this afternoon.”

Airyth frowned at the reminder. “I’ll cancel it-”

“No” The king’s voice was firm. “You will do no such thing, she has traveled a long way and is here at your request. You will meet with her.”

“Then Sage will come with me-” Airyth tried.

“He will not. You cannot keep Sage by your side at every moment.” King Zolvir took a bite of his food. “Sage needs time to settle in before he meets any of the nobility.”

“But…” Airyth glanced at Sage, his eyes filled with worry.

“Have you already forgotten what we discussed the other day?” The king asked, his voice held a subtle threat.

Airyth tensed slightly, his brow furrowing. “No father…” He murmured, lowering his eyes in a rare sign of obidience.

“Very good.” King Zolvir gave Sage a gentle smile. “In that case I will be giving you a tour of the palace this afternoon Sage. I hope you will be willing to take that time to tell me about your time away from home.”

"I don't think you'll have to worry about me drinking any of it ever again." Sage giggled.

Sage smiled at Airyth and looked at the food, feeling hungry. He got his eggs benedict and a couple pancakes plus a few pieces of fruit. He looked at one of the juices giving it a sniff before deciding it was cranberry and not one of the nasty blood substitutes. He began to eat slowly, his eyes lighting up at the flavor of the dish his brother had recommended. "Wow this is really good!" He sipped his juice, glad that his judgement hadn't been wrong. He listened with interest as Zolvir discussed a meeting with Airyth. Sage jumped a little as the king raised his voice at Airyth's suggestion to cancel the meeting.

It seemed that his older brother was really loathe to leave him alone for any point in time. He put a hand on Airyth's shoulder. "Don't worry, as soon as I'm done with the tour father's gonna give us I'll be sure to wait somewhere for you. Maybe the library- assuming we have one?" He looked at his father. Sage had always loved books, what few he could get his hands on.

"That sounds great, father. Though I will say, there isn't much to tell the life of the peasant is- rather boring. There was something when I was about 12, a werewolf was stalking the village at night, but one of the nearest guilds sent a person to kill it." Sable took another bite of his food. "I'd actually thought about joining one of the guilds when I was younger, but I'd say tis was probably a better option."

At that Fausta laughed heartily. "Imagine! Small sweet Prince Sage out hunting beasts. If they'd found you doing that, I think Airyth here would've died of shock."

Sage went back to eating, wondering if either his father or brother would interrogate him further on his past.

Airyth lightly rested his hand on Sage’s, closing his eyes for a moment as he took a deep breath. He hated the idea of leaving Sage alone, but if their father was with him then at least he wouldn’t be in too much danger…

“We do indeed have a library, you are more than welcome to explore it.” Zolvir smiled, happy to hear that Sage was already comfortable calling him ‘father.’ Perhaps it wouldn’t take too long for him to settle back in. “It may seem uninteresting to you, but I must admit I am rather out of touch as to what foreign peasants do. I’m sure the things that you’ll find interesting about royal life will be things that we find equally mundane.”

Airyth shuddered at the mention of Sage fighting monsters. “Perhaps death from retroactive worry is more accurate… Just thinking that you could have been attacked by a monster is making me feel ill.”

“Sage is safe with us now, there is no need for any of that.” The king chuckled softly. He decided to wait on talking too much about Sage’s past, if the topic of Sage’s mother came up it would be risky to talk about it in front of Airyth. Instead he changed the subject to something a bit more light hearted. “Tell me Sage, are there any hobbies that you have an interest in trying? It can be anything, even things that you aren’t certain you would like but you are curious about.”

Sage somewhat regretted bringing up the thing about the guilds and werewolves and stuff. He hadn't wanted to worry his brother, but he'd often wondered what he'd be like now if he had followed that whim through. At the king's question though he thought about it a long while. It was hard to think. back in the village his options had been so limited and he'd often wondered what interesting things more privileged people were able to experience. He thought about all the traders and visitors he'd wanted to question for hours on end. "Well magic has always fascinated me, but I've also had an interest in alchemy and archery... I know basic healing salves and tonics, but one time we had a trader come through, and she had this beautiful amulet she said an alchemist had crafted for her. She said it had some spirit in it that, told her information about people and places that no one would otherwise know- But she was a necromancers of somesort, she solved crimes for the king wherever she was from. I've always wondered how you make things like that." Sage pondered aloud.

“I will arrange for you to have tutors in all those fields.” The king promised. Of course he wanted to make his son happy, but there was also an ulterior motive. It would help distract Sage from thinking of his grandmother, and help him settle back into life as a prince. It would also give Zolvir an idea of where the prince’s talents lay. “Hm…” He nodded slightly at the mention of an amulet. “I’ve heard of those sorts of things… If you were able to craft such objects you would become even more valuable to your country.”

“Sage is already valuable.” Airyth muttered. “He doesn’t need to do anything except be himself.”

“Of course.” Zolvir chuckled softly, lightly ruffling Sage’s hair. “You’re both our country's precious princes, no matter what. I only meant that is a talent that is held in high worth."

"Really, that's so exciting!" Sage burst out, quickly quieting as he realized he'd said it louder than necessary. At the king talking about him being of more value to his country the boy smiled a bit. He snickered slightly as Airyth muttered something under his breath. The older prince seemed to wish he could freeze Sage in time, somewhere where only could interact with him. It was kind of touching, albeit a tad worrisome. The younger son giggled a bit as his father ruffled his hair.

"Well I hope I can figure out whatever talent I can be useful with soon." He smiled.

Fausta cleared her throat a little bit. "An amulet like that would require either high level necromancy or working with demons. Neither of which I would feel comfortable with Sage studying. Though I am sure you could create something similar my lord."

Back
Top Bottom