Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Motochika looked rather intimidating compared to his petite girlfriend, wild black hair that stuck out in every direction, bright gold eyes, and a mischievous grin. Nana was short, with long black hair that fell down her shoulders in gentle waves. She smiled when she saw him, her gray eyes twinkling like they always did when she saw him. “Ready to go?” She asked, holding out her hand for him to take.

Nana smiled happily, giving his hand a little squeeze. “What did you want to eat? I can make you something, or we can go out to eat?” She offered.

Nana’s cheeks flushed red, and she hid her mouth behind her hands; fingers thin and delicate looking. “It’s nothing special... You just said you’ve only ever bought quick meals, so I wanted you to have something home made.”

"And it was the best decision I ever made, switchin' to home cooked meals~" He grinned. In truth, he couldn't really eat anything she made him, what with him being a ghoul. A lot of the time he would push through the pain if she made him small things, anything bigger he had to force back up when he went home. He could never let her know what he really was, he didn't want to lose her. She was so special to him.

He could see the effort she put into the things she made for him, and he was sure that if he was human they would taste wonderful, but everything about the food he ate was vile. The texture, the taste, the smell. Still Nana seemed to be overjoyed when he ate her cooking, always giving her an excuse to make more. Her face was red, but she was happy to hear he enjoyed what she made for him, leaning against him as they walked. “You’re just saying that to get free meals.” She teased.

Nana laughed and kissed his cheek. “I don’t mind~ it lets me practice, and it keeps the house from getting lonely.”

This always flustered Nana, the idea of Motochika staying late- as for whenever he did, Nana always ended up falling asleep with him still over. “I-It has been getting kinda lonely at my house lately..” She muttered.

She felt her blush spread all the way to her ears. “We have school in the morning..!” She mumbled out, keeping her gaze down.

Nana nodded, leaning against his arm. “There’s been a lot of noise outside the house lately... I never see anything, but it worries me..” She said, staring ahead like she was lost in thought.

“Thank you, Motochika.” Nana said, leaning up to peck him on the cheek, still holding onto his hand.

Nana and Motochika enjoyed their slow days, full of mundane activity, especially Motochika though. It was nice to pretend to be human, having little to no thoughts about the CCG.

It was nice pretending to be someone he wasn't, for Nana anyway. But every time he came close to her house, he could smell blood and flesh. Ghouls. What were they doing hanging around Nana's apartment? Certainly they didn't want anything to do with Nana?

It was a rare night, Motochika had to stay late after school, and Nana went home ahead of him to start her homework and dinner, meaning it was nearly dark when he was on his way back home to Nana’s.

While she made her way home, she heard a group of people walk up behind her. Which wasn't unusual, except they started to whistle and howl at her. Which quickly made her uncomfortable.

Nana only kept her head down, clutching her bag more tightly as she walked. She hated walking alone at night, she wished Motochika was there with her. She was almost home, and surely once she got into her neighborhood, they’d scatter and leave her alone.

She dug for her keys in her book bag, keeping her pace quick. If she didn’t look at them, just didn’t engage, they would get bored and look for someone else right?

Back
Top Bottom