Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are YOU listening to? v2.0

Friendly Alien - Ronia and the Robber's daughter is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE story of all times. I don't tell people this unless there is a similar connection like here. The main reason why it's my MOST favorite is (and believe me when I say this it will sound weird, it is *not* perverted in anyway) because I never had siblings or a sister. And I wish I had a sister like Ronia.

You have to read the story, which I'm sure you have, to understand. They weren't really brother and sister, but adopted each other and protected each other. And I so wish I had that growing up in my life.

By the way, I have seen 30 - 40% of the Swedish movie. At first, I had a hard time with it because I had not read the book and there were no English dubs.

Then I read the book ... I FELL IN LOVE with it.

Then I watched Studio Ghibli's animated version. I LOVED IT, I CRIED to it. Then I deliberately stopped and waited on the last 2 episodes because I didn't want it to end! I convinced my family (who think I'm weird for loving this stuff) to watch it with me. So I got to ENJOY it a second time. 1/2 way through the 2nd watching of the series, I COULD NOT HELP myself, and I snuck in the last two episodes anyways. (I'm 43 years young now, I know this is a kid's story ... but Astrid Lindgren knew how to write emotional scenes.)

Did I tell you how much I just LOVED this book and movie. I could go on and on forever.

You have completely made my day, Friendly Alien. I am even crying now typing this; I have read and seen a lot of movies and stories that I liked. Mio in the Land of Faraway; Chronicles of Narnia; Never ending Story 1 & 2; Polar Bear King.

But Ronja and the Robber's Daughter TAKES THE CAKE. If I could learn Swedish, I'd read the story in the original because I'm CONVINCED I'm missing some important aspect of the story having not read it in the original.

I am crying tears of happiness and joy, even if you are not and you think I'm being a little obsessive. :)

Oh my gosh, the scene where Birk saves Ronja from the unearthy ones ... I cry EVERY time I see it. :)

I know ... I'm obsessive .. you're saying to yourself, 'Why the heck did I respond to him!' lol :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKKqJH19CmY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQpaSXHhJc

Friendly Alien - Ronia and the Robber's daughter is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE story of all times. I don't tell people this unless there is a similar connection like here. The main reason why it's my MOST favorite is (and believe me when I say this it will sound weird, it is *not* perverted in anyway) because I never had siblings or a sister. And I wish I had a sister like Ronia.

You have to read the story, which I'm sure you have, to understand. They weren't really brother and sister, but adopted each other and protected each other. And I so wish I had that growing up in my life.

By the way, I have seen 30 - 40% of the Swedish movie. At first, I had a hard time with it because I had not read the book and there were no English dubs.

Then I read the book ... I FELL IN LOVE with it.

Then I watched Studio Ghibli's animated version. I LOVED IT, I CRIED to it. Then I deliberately stopped and waited on the last 2 episodes because I didn't want it to end! I convinced my family (who think I'm weird for loving this stuff) to watch it with me. So I got to ENJOY it a second time. 1/2 way through the 2nd watching of the series, I COULD NOT HELP myself, and I snuck in the last two episodes anyways. (I'm 43 years young now, I know this is a kid's story ... but Astrid Lindgren knew how to write emotional scenes.)

Did I tell you how much I just LOVED this book and movie. I could go on and on forever.

You have completely made my day, Friendly Alien. I am even crying now typing this; I have read and seen a lot of movies and stories that I liked. Mio in the Land of Faraway; Chronicles of Narnia; Never ending Story 1 & 2; Polar Bear King.

But Ronja and the Robber's Daughter TAKES THE CAKE. If I could learn Swedish, I'd read the story in the original because I'm CONVINCED I'm missing some important aspect of the story having not read it in the original.

I am crying tears of happiness and joy, even if you are not and you think I'm being a little obsessive. :)

Oh my gosh, the scene where Birk saves Ronja from the unearthy ones ... I cry EVERY time I see it. :)

I know ... I'm obsessive .. you're saying to yourself, 'Why the heck did I respond to him!' lol :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKKqJH19CmY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQpaSXHhJc

Hey, glad to hear you enjoyed it! The movie is a little bit of a special case, because it was actually a condensed version of the live-action miniseries. If you can get your hand son the full experience, I recommend looking that up. And despite growing up with Astrid Lindgren live-action films and series, I did not pay much attention to the books. But as a hobby translator, I ca say with some reasonable level of confidence you are not missing so much that it will alter the entire story. Some thematic things perhaps, some linguistic and inside-jokes of the Swedish culture and tropes might exist there, however.

It's some classical music piece from long long time ago, it's not bad per say, tho it does make me sleepy

Back
Top Bottom