Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 5e homebrew campaign

east

Supernova
Hello everyone, I'm East,

I've tried to do something like this once before and lately i have been really wanting to try again. I need 4-6 players willing to humor me. I have spent the last few days building up a world, a pantheon, and a town. I think I have everything I need to start session zero, so with that I'll lay out my hopes for the game down below.

I have built a small world anvil page: Issula which details the world, the town, and the pantheon i have built for it. My hope is for the campaign to focus on the fey wild as the lush green forests start to fight back against the encroaching civilization. The town Ruquel is a theocracy run by the church.

Players should expect a more wilderness focused campaign. Beasts, and fey will be the primary enemy focus with a smattering of undead along the way. Expect things like oath of the ancients for paladins or pact of the fey for warlocks to get a bit more flavor treatment (not that i wouldn't add flavor for a different pact or oath just that these would be the most common in the setting)

As such elves are more persecuted and mistrusted as they are the closest race to the fey. an example of the more common discrimination would be If a tiefling and an elf child were both being picked for sports teams the tiefling would be picked first, and the elf may not actually get to play.

characters should all be within site rules, there may be smutty scenes involved in this rpg, but for the most part i'm looking to run adventures.

But i'd also like to hear what my players would be interested in doing as well.

For character creation: 27 point buy for D&D 5e, all published books are allowed for character creation so that means no unearthed arcana builds (they are for testing out ideas that haven't been published) I will allow some of the races from the mtg published adventures, (loxodon, and centaurs are pretty balanced) but not the simic half breeds (explore ravnica), basically run anything by me first, and i can work some way to explain it in universe.

Last edited:
I had an idea for an elven druid bent on helping the forests retake civilization, but as i fleshed her out it became clear she was not really a team player. So im exploring other avenues.

Maybe a swashbuckling, bushwacking explorer seeking fortune and fame?
Maybe a cleric afraid of animals & insects so it puts commands them to go away?
Maybe a gnome who loves fire a little too much?
Maybe a ranger who hates animals due to a mistep with telepathic bond, and now hunts them so they stop talking?

So many options! I will come up with something fun. In the meantime, how are we doing stats?

updated the first post 27 point buy, all published books allowed etc.

I'd be interested in taking this up. Not sure about character yet - maybe Ranger (taking the Gloomstalker archetype (Xanthar's Guide)) or Rogue (taking the Scout archetype (Xanthar's Guide)).

27 point-buy is fine.

Race - probably human, maybe Aasimar (DMG)

What level are you thinking of to start with? What backgrounds, starting gear/coins, stuff like that?

What rate of posting would you be considering - I'm not blessed with time to write in, so don't want to risk slowing the group down if you want a faster rate of posting.

Of course, this is assuming that the group is still open - it's been a while since the last post in this thread, so checking in.

Sadly this never got off the ground and i dont have my notes anymore.

Since there seems to be some interest in 5e, id be up for running a module but i dont have the time to do a homebrew anymore.

I don't have a group to play with in person since I graduated so I'd love get into a game over Roll 20 or another online service. I'm relatively new to DnD so I'd be down for a module.

This would be play by post.

I have tomb of annihilation or dungeon of the mad mage.

I guess I'm not familiar with playing by post. Care to elaborate? Tomb of Annihilation would be neat.

Play-by-post means the game would be run in-thread here on the forums. GM would post, wait for players to respond, then GM would post, etc...

I got that part. I was more wondering about dice rolls and such. I'd assume we would roll on our own and post results. Either way, I'm down.

Oh. Typically all players would be logged into an online dice roller and the results posted from that (so the GM can verify). I've done it before, here - there's a dice roller linked at the top of the System RP board, IIRC.

I will be making a new thread changing up some of the rules for character creation as this will be running a published module, and players should know what they are getting into, but I can post that up in like 20-30 minutes.

Yes we will be using the dice roller. I'd like about 4 players if possible.

Good to know. I'd love to run a rogue. But I'm calling it a night as I have to be up in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom