Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guardian's Journey (Pokemon Gijinka group rp) OOC

Janice might possibly of come off as yandere, though that’s not really what I’m going for. She will definitely be psychotic. I got the idea when I saw the pokedex description saying, “It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degrees F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.” Then another one says, “When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.” My mind immediately went to this character from Criminal Minds. In a nutshell, she kidnapped women, paralyzed them, and dressed them up as dolls, trying to replace a doll collection that was taken from her. I’m keeping Janice more innocent and light-hearted, writing her in such a way that she never really harmed anyone. (Although her victims when I first introduce her could potentially be left for dead, I doubt that Thomas will allow it.) I do plan on her being delusional thoughout the rp, seeing everything through a filter of what she thinks her life should have been.

Oh wow that's crazy. Poor woman though, shock treatments? xP

No, Thomas will probably need Kiara's help thawing them out. He's too kind to let them die.

Ahh I see, interesting. I just kind of picture her having a sort of psycho expression every now and again. Like getting behind people, or just Thomas, and whispering into their ears. xD Wow that's crazy for a Frostlass though. Ghost pokemon are creeeepy! Well maybe not yandare but kind of frightening especially if Thomas and the girls are threatened.

btw I've never had a Frostlass in game. I've always wanted to get that pokemon. Is it any good?

I hadn’t thought about her having psychotic expressions, but I can see that. I’ll have to keep that in mind. After the initial encounter, I see Janice following Thomas and the girls and kind of watching over them from the shadows for awhile before actually joining them. I do see her possibly being overprotective.

Personally, I like the ghost pokemon. Most of what I’ve seen in the anime gives me the impression that they’re mostly good-natured but generally mischievous. (Though I will admit that there are big chunks of the anime I haven’t seen.) I particularly love the Ghastly / Haunter / Gengar trio, with Haunter being a favorite.

I haven’t played any of the games other than Pokemon Go, which I don’t think really counts. Pokemon Go has only just started releasing gen 4, and I have evolved one Froslass, but then I traded it off. Personally, I’m anxiously waiting for Glaceon and Leafeon. I couldn't tell you if she’s any good, but maybe one of the others can.

Ok Posting again to say that I'll likely be posting tomorrow. Had a busy day and my noodle is fried.

btw I've never had a Frostlass in game. I've always wanted to get that pokemon. Is it any good?

My housemate has had a few Frostlass', they're one of her fave pokemon and she loves them! I've never had one personally, but I've asked her and she says they have a pretty good move set! ^^

I've never used one, but I've always wanted to ^.^ I'd have to do it on a run through a gen though, I'm too competitive to use one on a team. I'm kind of a snob about that sort of thing.

Fairies are my least favourite type by far ^^; It annoys me they can kill dragons and dragons can do... nothing?!! I mean atleast make them not very effective... Guess that's why I'm so happy steel types are their biggest weakness ^^; <3

I find it silly that Dragons are weak to fairy types. lol

I just picture like a large dragon spotting a cute little fairy and is like "OH NO A FAIRY! MY ONLY WEAKNESS!" xD *proceeds to cuddle said fairy*

pfff that would make a cute rp. A large dragon with a fairy friend xD rofl on shenanigan adventures. xP

Fairy type best type. They super effect dragons cause in fairy tales the hero wins and defeats the evil dragon. Normally in these tales, the dragon can't really do anything about it either. Hence its immunity.

It makes sense with fairies being closely tied to nature. Dang fairies beat my favorite dark types too. Poor Umbreon gets beat by the cute, girly, pink Sylveon.

Although real dragons like Charizard still have the upper hand. It annoys me that the Alolan Exeggutor is a dragon and Charizard is not.

Perfect!...
Wait, what exactly does that mean?...Do I get to pick my own Pokemon? Or must I stick with the Legendaries?

Well this is a harem themed role play. Hence the Female guardians. So there probably will be cuddling and stuff. >.>; though if you still want to take the spot then it's open.

What were you hoping for/like what were you expecting? Just asking so that I can help with any confusion.

I was expecting to {maybe, if possible} to be able to play my all-time favorite Pokémon, Gardevoir. {Though she wouldn't HAVE to look like that version, just the best one I found from a cursory Google search}

As for what I expected from the RP itself... I've learned not to 'expect' anything. My RPs are already as flexible as Flex Tape anyway, so pretty much anything's fine with me.

I was expecting to {maybe, if possible} to be able to play my all-time favorite Pokémon, Gardevoir. {Though she wouldn't HAVE to look like that version, just the best one I found from a cursory Google search}

Hmmm, why not? I know Gardevoir is part fairy type but a psychic type would be a nice addition to the party. So far we've got:

Aron ~ Rock/Steel
Houndour ~ Fire/Dark
Croagunk ~ Poison/Fighting
Frostlass ~ Ice/Ghost
Sylveon ~ Fairy

Would you all mind a Gardevoir to the group? Personally she could have more psychic moves tbh.

Maybe the moveset from my current playthrough of Pokémon Platinum: Extreme Speed, Mist Ball, Softboiled, and Luster Purge. Not sure if that'd be the best moveset, but it exists... Might like to at least use Luster Purge and Softboiled, if that moveset doesn't compute; It's a Randomized playthrough, in case some of those moves aren't compatible with her.

Maybe the moveset from my current playthrough of Pokémon Platinum: Extreme Speed, Mist Ball, Softboiled, and Luster Purge. Not sure if that'd be the best moveset, but it exists... Might like to at least use Luster Purge and Softboiled, if that moveset doesn't compute; It's a Randomized playthrough, in case some of those moves aren't compatible with her.

Hmmm..interesting.

What sort of character will she be? :3

i guess it depends how gardevoir is played ^^; with having sylveon and frostlass it could be too similar ^^; but agree a psychic type could be awesome! Would it start as Ralts to get a bond? ^^

Also i do plan on posting tomorrow ^^; gonna have a massive catch up session! only got home a few hours ago ^^;

Would it start as Ralts to get a bond?
Huh. Starting as a Ralts, then growing/evolving to Kirlia, and finally, getting up to Gardevoir... an interesting concept, to be sure. Ralts' gonna havta start at like 18, though, then go to Kirlia 'round 25, and then to Gardevoir somethin' like 30 or 40, unless we're doing a Level-based system of some sort...
{slight confusement}

Huh. Starting as a Ralts, then growing/evolving to Kirlia, and finally, getting up to Gardevoir... an interesting concept, to be sure. Ralts' gonna havta start at like 18, though, then go to Kirlia 'round 25, and then to Gardevoir somethin' like 30 or 40, unless we're doing a Level-based system of some sort...
{slight confusement}

There is no leveling system. This is pretty much a free-form roleplay. Each of us take a turns posting though. So whenever you feel like you want your character to evolve then she can evolve. A Ralts would be good because it's the Feeling pokemon so I'm sure Thomas's strong feelings of love and kindness would have effects on her lol

Think of this rp as kind of an anime or a jrpg in some ways. So there will be character story arcs.

Back
Top Bottom