Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Exorcism Of.... (Interest Check)

Black_Out

Semi-Pro Stalker
exorcism.jpg

One night, after a little chit chat about horror movies over on good old discord a vague idea came to mind. I've always been drawn towards movies about possession and exorcism. More often then not I'm left sorely disappointed. I mean really, there are some bad ones out there. Still there are a handful of flicks I've been left impressed by. Then I got to thinking, ya know why not see if such a topic could be turned into a free form group play. I thought it was a great idea. Brilliant. So after some time mulling it over I opted to cast this line out and see if anyone would be in the mood to indulge in some dark taboo infested story of horror.

What I'm looking for is a team of players that are interested in exploring the vile depths of demonic possession to it's fullest. Feel free to bring your own ideas because I have no preconceived notion on how such a story might unfold, but I feel it should be tilted heavily towards the overall plot. Will there be smut? I mean, well yeah, we're talking demons and stuff here, I'm sure it will find it's way into the thread. In all seriousness it will probably shift one way or the other depending on the relations of the various characters in play. In the end though there shouldn't be any doubt that the name of the game for this story is horror, scarring psychological horror.

What about the roster of characters? Obviously, three main roles will need to be filled to meet the group requirement. One would be the target of the possession, another would be the priest, and the third could be the demon if we decide to keep the play of the possessed and the spirit as separate endeavors. Beyond those roles we'd have to discuss and decide on a general cast of reoccurring support characters along with what era and location we wanted to explore the story in. More then likely everyone will have to be comfortable with the idea of playing some of these secondary characters. Family members, close friends, pizza delivery guys, and such.

With all of that in mind I'm looking for talented writers who enjoy character creation and developing a story. Writer's that can plop out paragraphs of material and coherently describe not just the physical world, but the inner thoughts, beliefs, and struggles those characters face. Also, I'm looking for writers that are willing to collaborate and help build the story and discuss various twists and turns that the tale might take. I'm not looking for anything fast paced, as I personally intend to take my time and let this be a little side endeavor. That's not to say I'm going to neglect it or take it lightly. I just don't have any desire to have it be hastily done and would be looking for the same general vibe from potential partners. Of course we can be excited though and bat ideas back and forth oocly, share reference links, or just idly banter as often as we like.

With all of that in mind if you want to sign up, drop a reply. Feel free to share some ideas. If you have public threads I'll take a look at em. If you don't, well some samples of your writing would be great. I'll also be considering general history at BMR and looking for people that I feel are steadfastly reliable story tellers. That's not to say I won't consider people without much history, I'm still fairly new here myself. If you can commit to the occasional well wrought post and feel this is the type of story for you I say step right up.

Which just leaves the question of who's up for an exorcism?

As a fan of the horror genre and just a general lover of dark themes and undertones I would definitely be interested in something like this. I mainly roleplay through private messages, but I've been roleplaying within groups for a couple years now. I think it takes a certain level of literacy, common courtesy, and accountability to write with a group. I tend to reply on a more relaxed time frame than others.

I would love to send you some current samples of my writing within PMs and talk more about possible roles.

Back
Top Bottom