Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Option To Search PMs

The Quill

Insert Witty Custom Title Here
I don't know if it's possible to add or not, but for those of us who do our writing through PMs, having a search feature in there would be incredibly useful. It would also be nice if we could search by who you've had a conservation with rather than having to manually go through each page to see who has sent you a message.

Hello! This is already an option. Up above the list of PMs in your inbox you will see a row of options ending with a green square that says 'filter' you can click any of those blue boxes to help filter your PMs. You can sort by who started the PM thread, who you sent it to if you started the PM thread, or a word in the PM title, along with whether you've read it already or not~

edit: I just checked and these options appear on mobile as well.

I'm aware of those options, but I still think the options could be a little more robust. Like entering a keyword and having each instance of that word appear in the search, rather than just probing for PM titles.

The robust route nearly crashed BMR when it was on BB forums due to the number of PM's (over a million PM's) so the search had to be scaled back some. I'm not sure if Veks is able to code it to search just your PM's or not, bc the search feature is baked in. A full PM search otherwise will cause too much strain on the servers.

Right now we're approaching eight million.

It's not impossible, but would entail building a personal index for everyone. It isn't something I can just slot in on forums with only a few hundred thousand messages or less.

I know this is late in the game but I think I am missing a whole bunch of PMs since my long return. And sering how rafically this forum has changed, I've yet to master its navigation functions. With no index functions, I can't be sure if a bunch of my PM's had vanished or categorized in such a way that I can no longer find them. :(

This is what he said in regards to it ::

"If they know who their partner was, they should put their partner's name in the 'recieved by' filter. PMs with the same subject and recipient were collapsed into conversations. If they don't know who their partner was, there is nothing I can do to help them, and there wasn't on MyBB either."

I'm sorry, seems like there might not be anything that can be done. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom