Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

News from the Rose

Exhausting trip, but it was worth it! The place is gorgeous, and HOT. Thinking, outdoorsy pool. What a change! I actually caught sunburn over a few hours #blond

Men who still present their respects <3. I actually got one hand kiss. It's getting so rare in France.

I'm loving it here. It's out of there really, I have my own bungalow with a maid coming to clean and stuff. The internet is a bit weird though but I try hard not to fall behind!

I FUCKING LOST MY MANUSCRIPT.
TG I have a copy but all my corrections were on the lost one.
I DIE.

After a HORRIBLE night with horrible news - didn't go to bed until close to 5 and NOT because I was celebrating - someone yesterday asked me to sign my book! She didn't read it yet, but she read my first and she apparently is a fan?! I was so moved I could have cried! I look forward to knowing how many will be sold during the first month. I'm already in touch with a couple people who bought, including one "influencer" for lack of better term.

I'm so happy today. Sales are good (imo), and I'm getting some nice comments. My favorite? "The world needs more of this".

I'm totally obsessed with a certain game I bashed like crazy before I tried it. I used to say it was for incels and stuff LOL. Now I'm completely addicted, playing for hours daily and racing through the levels.

A certain brand of clothing organizes a lucky draw, you submit a pic of yourself wearing something from them and you may win. I did, didn't win, and they contacted me to ask if they can use my pic as advertisement! LOL. I want to just say yes, but should I demand cheap clothes? ;)

Someone asked if my novel is a true story. Huge compliment!
Someone else asked me to do an eye-liner tutorial rofl.

Today I visited two bookstores, about my novel. The first one was like "ok..." as if making me some favor. His micro expressions as he checked my book were PRICELESS. He also tried to eff me up and ask for a boatload of money (more than legal). I showed him it was a NOPE. We did make it work in the end.

Second one was so nice and enthusiastic, he didn't try to put me down and even asked ME how much money I was willing to invest in this and that was it. He'll definitely be my main, and he's local!

I still have some others to meet but this is great already.

Today I visited two bookstores, about my novel. The first one was like "ok..." as if making me some favor. His micro expressions as he checked my book were PRICELESS. He also tried to eff me up and ask for a boatload of money (more than legal). I showed him it was a NOPE. We did make it work in the end.

Second one was so nice and enthusiastic, he didn't try to put me down and even asked ME how much money I was willing to invest in this and that was it. He'll definitely be my main, and he's local!

I still have some others to meet but this is great already.
Wow, I am rather surprised that your publisher isn't doing this for you. You'd think they would want your book in stores so they can make more money off your books.

Oooooh you're all so nice!

Unfortunately I shall remain totally Anonymous…. My circles wouldn't really do well with Blue moon ;)

Publishers here aren't necessarily so active, it reaaaaally depends who. Some of course, are. Others… No. And since we don't have literary agents, well, the author may have to be active instead.

Weird of the day:
So there's this guy who contacted me on a history website. He is very into my great great grandfather who was a kind of famous WWII person for those who are huge WWII geeks, I suppose. He has pics of him I have never seen, texts of his speeches, copies of how people responded to his written works… I'm very willing to discuss and stuff, but the enthusiasm is sometimes a bit interesting.

Yup, European here :)

My first book is in English and a non fiction, based on my thesis. My novel is in my own language and deals with two young adults finding themselves, or something ;) It's just so much cleaner and more normal than what I write here :p

I'm happy I'm back lol. I had a fight with the friend there and it sucked so much because I didn't feel I could just leave his property and go to a random hotel. The luxury was breathtaking but it wasn't worth the stress or internally boiling about some political stuff.

Follow up on the WWII: people are fighting over what he "really meant". Well. No, I Don't know if he meant what is written, or if he was saying what people wanted to hear, or if it's faultily translated. Gosh. The text in question is from 1928.

Last edited:
I've progressed so quick in a game I'm asked to be a league leader. By several, unrelated people. I'm new even though I've been on it a lot, not comfortable with taking over ANYTHING... That said, for once that some guys in their teens and early 20s are comfy with a female leader (I didn't tell in the beginning then decided, oh well)... I take it as a huge compliment lol. A bit like when teens tell you that you look/dress cool...

I'm apparently a trendsetter. I posted about craving a certain food, and soon several forums I belong to begin speaking about it - there will even be a woman organizing a "eat-that-food" event. Of course I'm invited. SO WEIRD.

What game?

When I was still in college I was huge into League of Legends and played for the University team! I also played a ton of board games. I ran Dungeons and Dragons, played Magic the Gathering a whole bunch, and so on.

I'd also love some tips on the game you're playing! I'm always looking to branch out my games library (I have 264 on Steam at the moment), so if I haven't heard of it, I'd love for you to tell me about it and give me some tips for a beginner. I doubt I'd ever be invited to be a league leader, my reaction speed just isn't that fast in game and my hand-eye isn't significantly better, but I'm sure a few tricks and tips will get me up to speed!

Always nice to meet a fellow gamer on the site!

EDIT - I noticed you speak French! I myself am learning! Bonjour mademoiselle! Enchante <3

I have a few French friends, so I was wondering how you felt about Cyprien?

Enchantée <3 comment ça va??
Cyprien is a provocateur… more than that though, European people Don't really do politically correct, and while there's a push for this in some circles it's still … not there. Thick skin, we have.

I'm pming you about the game as people/women who play it are judged blah blah

OT: "Amazing picture and amazing soul". That comment. It made my day.

Gosh, so tired today.

Since my grandmother (mom's mother) passed my mom is going super mega religious. She's constantly reading, studying, listening to the scriptures, when we go out we have to pray OUTLOUD like in a random café (also she preached to the café owner about an immodest drawing). Today we basically had to study a text she brought to me and my cousin to convince us of some observance she is very into. We did it and all. But it's really so much more than before and she is increasingly frustrated with non believers and stuff.

I apparently tend to do weird things that shouldn't be possible in video games. Mmmm. Is that a job skill?

Construction with a migraine is a circle of hell, but the new bathroom is worth it (I hope) (look at rose being positive)

A gaming league leader contacted me, like "drop everything and join". There's a waiting list but I was noticed and will come first. Well, I actuall joined. Also I luv my bathroom

Gosh, so tired today.

Since my grandmother (mom's mother) passed my mom is going super mega religious. She's constantly reading, studying, listening to the scriptures, when we go out we have to pray OUTLOUD like in a random café (also she preached to the café owner about an immodest drawing). Today we basically had to study a text she brought to me and my cousin to convince us of some observance she is very into. We did it and all. But it's really so much more than before and she is increasingly frustrated with non believers and stuff.

I saw this was posted a little while ago, but as someone with a very religious family I totally get it. I am more a spiritual type and I have had a lot of issues with my siblings and older members of my family trying to talk me into doing religious things that I am not comfortable with. I think they think that because I am a minister of the Universal Life Church, that I am expected to be this ultra-pious person or something. I'm not even a Christian, but they do not respect that fact. It requires a lot of patience to deal with, but I have found that eventually if you set boundaries, you are a lot happier for it.

You're so right about boundaries...

Today I had a free make up from a beautician who was inspired by my face. Also I was annoyed that ONCE AGAIN I find myself in a gaming league where I feel like I'm doing everything, fighting all the battles, for everyone to get rewards and remain inactive. Fuck!

Whole league is crashing since I have the flu and can hardly do my "duties". Seriously though, messaging me just to send me stuff to do is wrong. It's ok to be polite yano

URGH today was difficult. I was supposed to go to a party with someone and I completely forgot because in the morning there was s omething at the house of worship. Kay… I receive his call telling me to be ready in half an hour because "the party". OMGGGG... I panicked, tried to skip it (he wouldn't let), changed basically running like a headless chicken. I ended up doing my make up and touching up my polish IN THE CAR. He didn't understand why it was important to me to look good. Well ok, we arrived, there was a car service advertised but somehow the person holding the "car service" sign was not the car service person… A mister Bean sitch. At that point I kinda lost it and angrily left the car mumbling against the personnel while he went to park it. I was basically my worst. When I was in, some old guys started circling me and just shamelessly flirting, horrible. I was looking for my seat, they pretended to help "a very beautiful woman in distress", they claimed my seat was near theirs, "are you alone"… Somehow I found two seats with my name, "it is for me and my beauty", ok I get the idea guys ewwwww. I told them I was with _____ and they gave some space. If you've seen the horrible party with Demelza in her red dress on Poldark, well.

I guess I'm a bit sensitive since my problem with gilets jaunes wanting to see my ID and making comments because normally I'd have laughed and been mean.

Back
Top Bottom