Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's Your Username Mean?

As a kid, I did a lot of astronomy study, telescope the whole kit. Being that I live up nort dere, I see a lot of the winter sky. One of my favorite ares of the sky is Orion, and just down the belt is the star Procyon, in the Little Dog. It became my "nickname" online when the internet was finally made available to the general public, yes, I am that old.. lol

Unfortunately, the name was used in a video game or an Anime, not sure which, and its very commonly used. So on single server entities, like websitesforums etc. I add the -ix to distinguish myself and also it's an homage to another school era favorite.: Asterix et Obilix, a French Cartoon that was/is used to help people in the states with learning foreign languages since the books are in many languages. I used them to help me learn French.

My username? It's a shortened permutation of my surname. I'm unimaginative like that. >.>

adjective
1. of or like the amaranth.
2. unfading; everlasting.
3. of purplish-red color.

Also the band Amaranthe have a song by the name and it was "our song" with one of my exes a few years ago... Picked it up as a username at that point and it's just kind of stuck because I don't like change.

The city of Amaranthine is also the setting for the add-on Dragon Age: Awakening. :)

I needed a username that wasn't similar to another one in order to avoid, well, people from school who had figured out my one or two very standard usernames and were using that information to harass me. Also, Cheetara from Thundercats had always been my favorite, soooo...

It's been a little over ten long years, but I still use this username because it works well for me.

My username is a combination of two of my characters names; Risa Ward and Persephone (Seph) Branchwood. They were supposed to be a couple but sadly I never finished the story between those two tirls.

My username has a super simple reason behind it, it's the name of my favorite OC, Milli Mandrake, who I've decided can be my avatar here too. :)

Mean? Who is fond of their given name at birth? I mean what were they thinking? More than likely, thank heaven that's over! It's a name I've always liked ... why not given the chance.

Favorite Animal = Lion
Favorite Food = Steak... *

*Well technically speaking that's false.
I actually prefer roasted lamb or pork... But LionLamb and LionPork just didn't sound as appealing.
I probably could have chosen a fancier name, but eh, it's just a roleplaying account and I wasn't feeling particularly creative at the time.

Nothing symbolic I'm afraid, just something I have used since my D&D days. Quite befitting

She's one of my favourite characters from one of my favourite videogames.

I play and have played first-person shooters since the early 90's and competed in tourneys and its an offshoot of my Gamertag,

Nothing exciting, sadly!

Milli is short for Millicent, the name of my main OC who's images I also use on this account. :)

I had this brilliant idea to start a blog about anime idols where I would post a galaxy of fresh plots and fanfictions to keep my readers satisfied. Safe to say it didn't work out. So the name Galaxy stuck and then I wanted to change how I thought about rping (I thought it was just another way for smutty filled teens to get their hormones out)) so Revolution came to mind.

Back
Top Bottom