Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Next stage notes, Conversation Merging, etc.

How are you feeling?

• Drunk.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • My mum just told me she was a virgin.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Work com-plete.

• Job's done.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY MESSAGES OH GOD!?

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Still in my happy place.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • My happy place is a half gram of morphine.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Flowers for MyBB.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Stay dead, MyBB.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Still want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Still terrified of change.

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I will hunt down every last agent of change and drive them to extinction.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Couldn't you have made a magic solution or something?

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • This place looks expensive. I should click the Patreon link up top and subscribe.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Some Mormons came to my door. I told them I only have room for Xenu in my heart.

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Still have plenty of chickens to sacrifice.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I offered myself as sacrifice. Why haven't I been picked up yet?

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • I still haven't found a new feature yet.

• I am switching to chocolate as my sole caffeine source.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T OVER!?

Votes: 41 35.0%

• Total voters
@FamousFantasies were they ones you started? There's only one 'title' which is in the master entry.

@PsionicCuttlefish I haven't rebuilt conversations yet. I'll be doing so shortly, hopefully.

Honestly, I am not sure which of them I started and which ones my rp partners started. I just had all of them labeled OOC, but what PsionicCuttlefish mentioned in the post right after mine would solve this issue for me as well.

@Rook10 Not on this version. In 2.0 you'll be able to search by recipient and I'll be adding title and other forms of searching.

Just wanted to say thanks for this! I discovered yesterday that I couldn't search my conversations, so I'm happy to hear I'll be able to in the future.

The biggest barrier, believe it or not, is tying the UI together <_<

Is it possible to just have one click to go to PMs instead of two? It sounds petty, I know, but it bothers me.

Is it possible to just have one click to go to PMs instead of two? It sounds petty, I know, but it bothers me.
It's not necessarily a perfect fix, but if you hover your mouse over 'inbox' for 0.5 - 1 second, you can just click once from that point.

Will see what I can do. Might be able to make it an option.

About an hour and a half until the upgrade.

I love everything about the upgrade. Just going to echo others in saying thank you @Vekseid for all your hard work!

I do have one little gripe though. The time to edit posts in PMs is still very short - around 5 minutes, I think. Would it be possible to set it so you have "unlimited time" to edit replies? The time limit has already lead to a few awkward edits in the middle of some of my ongoing roleplays. >_>

Last edited:
I love everything about the upgrade. Just going to echo others in saying thank you @Veskid for all your hard work!

I do have one little gripe though. The time to edit posts in PMs is still very short - around 5 minutes, I think. Would it be possible to set it so you have "unlimited time" to edit replies? The time limit has already lead to a few awkward edits in the middle of some of my ongoing roleplays. >_>
I agree, and I think that the 50 or so seconds of time between sending one message and sending another could be reduced somewhat. But, I’m just being picky. Great update.

As always, you've outdone yourself on giving everyone the best of the best and then some. Thanks for putting in the time, effort, and money. The quality of what you've done certainly shows, so know that I'm certainly appreciative and I'm sure others are as well (especially since several have already said as much). That said, you've been at this latest and greatest for 12+ hours, so be sure to take care of you and take a break. This place isn't going anywhere and you've given us all a freakin' hell of a lot to enjoy in the time being. Once again, thank you heaps and heaps. *hugs* : )

Not sure if I'm missing it, but is there an option somewhere to look at a person's threads? Like, on the old site, you could go to someone's profile, and there would be two options: view all threads, and view all posts.
Currently looks like Postings is the same as view all posts, but I can't see anything for view all threads.

Edit: nevermind, think I found it.

Had a question for @Vekseid , idle curiosity, now asking this question here instead of chat as requested:

So, I actually remember when Photobucket was once a decent image-hosting site, maaaaany years ago. And I remember when it became a terrible bloated infested piece of crap that was horrible for any attempts at direct-linking images anymore. So, I know Photobucket sucks...but, I was just wondering, in what -specific- way does it suck so especially badly that it was explicitly called out in like all of the Conversion-related threads as being something that needed zapping with extreme prejudice? Or more clearly, in what specific way does it suck -for this forum- to have earned such a targeted purging? x3

I think it was precisely that direct-linking change they did that left dead images on its wake the reason, but Vek will be able to shed more light on it.

There was that, leaving a bunch of "Pay us money" images all over the site.

There was also the fact that they didn't have ssl, until a few weeks ago.

I have just pushed folders and the new search system to the staging site for testing.

Any chance you’ll restore spoilers to working the way they did before the conversion at some point? (Drop down instead of blanked text)

I know it’s possible because I’m on three other XF sites that do it...

Back
Top Bottom