Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Digimon or Pokemon Open Roleplay Interest Check [Poll]

What Open Roleplay theme would you be most interested in?

• Any

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Digimon

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I'm not interested in Open Roleplays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
Recently I've been interested in trying either a Pokemon or Digimon roleplay that could be either low/non smut and could even be a 'pokemon' or 'digimon' only roleplay where it would only include wild pokemon or an any average day in the digital world sort of vibe. I'm not entirely opposed to opening this concept up as my primary interest would be to introduce a more casual open roleplay to the site as I miss the Open Roleplay thread section and something to keep activity in this area would really make me happy. If you feel the same way, but this concept doesn't interest you as it is, then I invite you to private message me for other ideas and we could work together on something.

Overall, I think the Digimon concept(while being a less popular franchise than pokemon) has a better odds of working out without digidestined or tamers as Digimon already speak in the language we do and they already have their own world that the show fleshes out pretty well across different seasons. Though, it does seem to change bit by bit, we could really work out any sort of environment we'd like. I wouldn't be super excited to use established or canon characters and I'd like to add a stipulation to avoid such where possible, but if that's an unpopular idea I wouldn't mind negotiating around it.

I'm quite fond of the Toucanmon and the feel of the episode involving them early in the Tamers series. And if we borrow their fake resort concept and build on that, perhaps a family of Toucanmon actually thrive in a beach-y area and really built a Resort for traveling digimon or digimon looking for vacation spot. At first, our characters could meet up there. This would provide a superb staging spot for pretty much any sort of plot direction we'd want to go in while also leveling a reasonable start for new roleplayers looking to join the roleplay with their characters without worrying about messing with continuity or feeling out of place.

As it stands, I know this isn't super fleshed out. And I'd be willing to do a lot more work on it. One focus I'd like to work out early on between myself and anyone who wants to note interest or provide ideas to this thread would be: Does anyone wanna play the 'big bad' or anyone looking to play a 'chaotic/evil' sort of character who is willing to pick up the plot early? If no one else would find themselves drawn to write something like that, I'd be more than willing to make my character be the antagonist and drive the plot while everyone else tries to stop them as protagonists.

Feel free to note any ideas or opinions below, I'm all ears. Don't be afraid to be critical or to tell me that you think this won't be a successful endeavor, I'm tough enough to handle criticism.

frightorflight said:
Im in, I love both but digi more.

You've made my day.

Glad to know I'm not going to be alone on this, lol.

Are there any digimon or lines you'd prefer to play specifically?

Three would be more than enough to get us off the ground if Monsieur Bloodwolf's interest is confirmation in his potential participation.

We can chill around and toss some ideas back and forth while we wait for more peeps or dig right into it, if you guys want. Either way, as an open RP, newcomers would always be allowed to join at any given point so it's not likely that moving forward in any measure would cripple any window a new roleplayer may want to enter.

Hawkeye said:
I loved Digimon when I was a kid, I can go for a Digimon RP, definitely!

Yessss!!

We've definitely got the crew for this now.
I'd like to know where you guys feel on the concept of keeping it strictly digimon only or including our own human characters. Either really works for me.

I'd also love to hear which digimon you guys would prefer to play.

I'm going to be reserving Patamon/Angemon/magnaangemon/seraphimon, The Digi-egg of courage, and if I'm playing the overall big bad, Cherubimon.

I'd love to play as Angewomon, personally. I had a crush on her when I was a kid, and she is a pretty cool Digimon in her own right.

Hawkeye said:
I'd love to play as Angewomon, personally. I had a crush on her when I was a kid, and she is a pretty cool Digimon in her own right.

She's coolbeans. Maybe this means we should aim to have everyone around Champion level at the start or so. Give or take, all things considered.

frightorflight said:
I would actually prefer to play a tamer with their partner than just a digimon.

I like to hear opinions on that. Because I'm torn on the idea and I'd like for everyone to play who/what they want.

Hawkeye said:
I am also in support of allowing tamer characters alongside their Digimon partners.

2/3 minus me makes it an overall net win for Tamers. I'm cool with that.

If things go well maybe I'll write a tamer myself, down the road.

If you guys have any ideas feel free to share them here. Just a little more shaping and I'll get together an earnest OOC and Character thread so we can start.

I'm not antsy when it comes to reply time, and being busy is just a fact of life. lol.

It's just that, I'm going to need a tinsy bit of help getting this thing together. Knowing that you're still interested definitely helps.

I'm just worried that if I pull the trigger now and get the ooc/character page and or the IC up, it'll just be a ghost town and fail miserably. lol. You know?

I'm really just looking to get consensus on a few more things. Over all I'd like to get popular vote on more things like the tamer question because I'd like to avoid excluding people wherever possible.

Essentially, where do we stand on things like Digi-armor evolution with things like the digi-egg of courage? Should we favor a darker or lighter overall theme? (Darker: Deaths occur a little more often than the show would have them, human death being on the table. Lighter: Relatively few deaths and human life being generally protected.) Would we prefer this open roleplay lends itself to a more plotty show theme with relatively low smut, or should we just let what happens happen and not bother much with an overall perspective?

I'm quite cozy playing the main baddie now, so there isn't much of a reason to reach out on this one. But, if anyone wants to contribute to a sort of 'bad guy team' like we had in the dark masters or in tamers, I'm open to communication on that.

Generally, not every question really needs to be answered by everybody. Just as long as I get the feeling that we have roughly the same picture in mind, then I'll pop the OOC up, the character thread with my own two digimon, and then the IC following that with no issues. I'd like the coming and going of different roleplayers to be genuinely fluid as I know sometimes people just lose interest in things and with open RP anyone with an interest could through a genuine character app together and hop in. I'd like the latter to be a warmly accepted thing, lol. The more the merrier!

That's just what I have in mind. Just wanna know that we got a bit of a crew with some interest going before taking that big first leap into this whole thing.

I'm up for any form of Digi evolution, Armor, fusion, DNA, bio-merge, whatever is fine by me as long as we make sure everyone is clear on what is and isn't alloyed.

I also don't mind playing a bad guy and would like to go a little darker, by your definition. Though I guess if we're going by the show if anyone should be playing only a digimon, it should be whoever is playing the villain. I'm also to just letting things happen though personally I don't think digimon lends itself much to smut, accept between humans I guess, and even then digimon just doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that should have much smut in it, especially if it doesn't stop at the bedroom door.

There's loads of humanoid digimon... And this is an adult roleplaying forum, after all. lol. I'm with you on all of those. I don't feel like this open roleplay really lends itself to be smut-central and I like that. Though, I suppose if we leave things open then that would be inevitable (all things considered).

I'll get the Character thread and OOC together and I hop everyone who has noted their interest gets a character or two in there before we get to the IC. I'll cover plotty stuff with my characters so that there's a reason to do things outside of singular character specific interests. Everything should roll just fine.

I would to but it would have to be after a break. I'm getting ready to go out of country and will be offline for about 13 days.

Back
Top Bottom