Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Bit of a Gap- tag desertpaladin

TheyDontKnowIBurn

Supernova
Tired. So very tired. Lena really, really wanted sleep. But her shift was only half through. And she knew that she might only get two hours of sleep before her boyfriend, Johnny Ortega, dropped in for his scheduled booty call. Hey. Whatever payed the bills. She was so beyond picky at this point.

Johnny kept a roof over her head. Sure he wasn’t polite, or very lovable. But Johnny was the one who kept her ass off the street corner, so she didn’t complain. It wasn’t the ideal situation, shacking up with a gangster who was all sorts of bad news, but what choice did she have.

Lena sighed as a new costumer came in, asking for a table. She led her to it, and took the order, before walking off. She hadn’t gotten even half way to the counter when one of her fellow employees told her to hurry it up, because there was another costumer. And from the looks of it, he would be a well paying costumer.

Lawrence had just walked into the small restraunt and he smiled softly as he was taken to a seat by the hostess as he sat there waiting for a moment, all the while he pulled out a planner from his pocket and he tapped at the screen for a moment before setting the small device down on the table.

Lawrence was an older man, nearly 49, and he was in ok shape for his age. True he had a bit of a gut and he was a tad hairy everywhere while his hairline recieded but he did not care. His greying hair from the once light brown made him look quite disdinguished in his nicely tailored suit. His hazel eyes looked from behind a pair of glasses at the beautiful latin girl in front of him, a waitress here and he simply smiled at her. He was a rather happy man, but lonely... though he liked trying to help others. He truely never cared for reward, he was a wealthy man, a smart man, but not a greedy man.

Lena led him to a table, and pulled out her order pad and pen. She opened her mouth to ask for his order when someone hollered her name from the back. "LENA, HURRY UP!" They called. "YOU HAVE A PARTY OF NINE TO TEND TO NEXT!" Oh shit. She hated dealing with parties. Especially evening parties. People always got drunk, and rude, and obnoxious. She cursed her lack of seniority amongst the employees. She always got the ugly end of things like this. It wasn't fun. In all honesty, she hated this job, she hated this place, she hated the dirt-pay, and she really hated her boss. She was ready to tell him just where he could shove that party of nine.

Never the less, she shook her head and turned back to him, flashing a smile. "I'm sorry for that sir." She said. "Anyhow, what can I do for you tonight? May I take your order?" She asked, politely. Even as much as she hated the job, she was still hospitable. "The specials tonight are roasted chicken with your choice of two sides, beef or chicken pot-pie, with mashed potatoes and a salad, or grilled chicken panini with mozerella, garden fix-ins, and a special dressing that I can't quite seem to pronounce." She said. Hey, she was honest.

He smiled up at her and he said "Well I would like some coffee to drink, and that specials all sounds good... I think I will have the Panini" he looked up at her. He seemed like a rather happy man and he said "now take your time alright? I can see you are rather busy... though I would still like what I ordered" he chuckled a bit. He was just good spirited and he truely liked helping others. His eyes showed however that he had an inner sadness... in truth he was very lonely.

Back
Top Bottom