Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A voice to take the world (Candira and MasterOfWhispers)

"Boring, voice is to high, voice is to low." Jack sighed in a tone that is both exasperated and not soothed. He was a young twenty something that still had an entire career ahead of him. Unfortunately he was stuck doing desk work at the Star8 talent agency searching through the hundreds of audition tapes the agency receives on a daily basis.. His supervisors were not exactly keen to send somebody so young out into the field and look for rumored talent.
"Good god she looks fantastic but her acting is absolutely horrid." Jack Horace said annoyed. His partner Miranda nodded, and offered Jack a bottle of Aspirin. Jack declined though preferring to endure the pain he was tasked with. "Good lord I'd rather be in the field looking then doing this. Come on didn't I help find Nina Magdalene on my first assignment here.
"You know the policy." Miranda responded tiredly. "six months working here before you are even promoted to field scout. They want to make sure you have good eyes before the company has to spend money on your trips."
"Dear lord, this is going to be a long six months."

However, six months have passed within a blink of an eye before Jack received his field assignment. The utter joy he felt about finally leaving the city and going out into the world to "search" new talent was overwhelming to say the least. Bars,cafe's, even high schools. Constant changes in the environment are what has always re-invigorated Jack's mind and has kept him consistently stimulated.

On the third day of his assignment though he had not expected his journey to lead him to find something so wondrous. It was on a rainy night at The holiday in he was staying at that Jack discovered a voice which has shattered his heart, and brought a whole new world into his soul. It began the moment he found himself walking into a bar, his favorite trench coat and round cap soaked to the brim, that he heard a voice that warmed out his heart and and placed his mind at ease. He could have sworn it was an angel.....

Jack had no idea how correct his first impression was...or at least he wouldn't for some time. The woman singing on stage was beautiful, but her voice was ethereal. She stood, singing for a small crowd who were just glad to be in for the night--weary souls in need of comfort. Her dress was not extravagant--simply a short white dress and a blue and gold sweater with shoes that looked nice, but were a bit worn. Her long hair was braided, sexily draped over one shoulder, though the effect wasn't entirely intended. The woman on stage had chocolate brown hair, some natural gold in it making it appear a bit lighter than it truly was. Her eyes, though Jack had no way of knowing at the moment, were the color of honey.

She closed her eyes at this moment, however as the song ended, her voice slowly fading away to eternity. The last echoes of her voice died down and she was treated with heart-felt applause. "Thank you," she spoke into the microphone. "It seems as though we're scheduled for a short break, but we'll be back on stage soon. Please enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful night." And then she was off the stage, the house band heading out for a smoke. Her body was more noticeably sexy when out of the spot light, her motion creating a beauty that seemed unsurpassed.

Smiling she took a seat at the bar and asked for some ice water, saying that it would be too much for her to drink anything else at the moment. She would need her money for food, that much was true. The pretty woman gratefully sipped at the water, letting it cool and sooth her throat as she relaxed for a few precious moments. And then she'd have to worry about where she was sleeping again.

When the applause stopped, it became the moment of Jack's attack. The agency was generally loose on how to win talent on their side. Be it manipulation, discrediting rival representative, even promise of illegal substances if the artist in question was an addict. Granted the company did not want to hear of such tactic. A don't ask don't style of dealing with potential talent has always been the company motto even though it never really was explicitly stated. Seduction was Jack's first thought in winning her over to his side, but he has already used such methods on his last "hunt." For the moment he would have to play it by ear. a few lines of dialogue, get to know her, and perhaps drop the name of his agency.

"You were lovely out there" Jack's opening lines were, as he approached her and sat right beside her. He could not help but feel very conscious of her presence. It was soothing in it's own way. "Diet Coke and rum please" Jack asked the bartender. He turned to the young beauty again and held out his hand "Jack, Jack Horace..." Jack said his voice calm, disguising the fact that his heart was eager.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet you Jack." She took his hand and shook it, smiling serenely. She had kind eyes and a calming aura. She paid little-to-no attention to what he ordered and focused on what he said. It was clear that this woman was a good listener. "Oh, I've forgotten myself. My name is Sophia Renard." She smiled pleasantly and then took another sip of her water. "I know it's a little foolish to say so, considering this is a hotel, but I don't believe I've seen you here before. Is it your first time in the area?"

"Indeed, my job tends to move me around quite a bit." He responded trying to hide the fact that he worked for a talent agency. He wanted to reveal it at a very key moment. He took a sip from his drink. A soothing liquid entered his throat, and began to relax and warm his body. He would need all the liquid courage he could get to handle this one. Minutes passed as he continued the conversation. First telling her about where he was from and, then moving the talk to favorite sports teams or sportsmen (he had a very particular interest in mixed martial arts.). He then moved to favorite kinds of music. Slowly edging the conversation to her singing ability. It was getting close getting close to the fact that he would hand her his card and introduce her to the world of entertainment.
" You sing an excellent soprano.... tell me do you also play instruments, or also sing other positions." He said winking putting an emphasis on the word "Postions.

His emphasis on the word "positions" caused a look of disapproval to show on her face. "I sing both soprano and alto," she answered. She found that her musicians were back and so she took another sip of water and excused herself. "I'm sorry, but my break is over. I hope you enjoy the rest of the show." That said, she left him sitting there, probably feeling like an ass. Gracefully, she found her mark again and came back to the stage amidst a small round of applause thanks to the people that were still there. "Thank you for waiting, everyone. And now, as we wind things down for the night--here's something slow."

And then her voice filled the room again as she sang about loosing what she loved the most. It could have been interpreted in any number of ways, but to her, she was singing about heaven. Now that she was on earth, the angel was struggling to live--having to look for a new place to stay almost every night. Her wardrobe was small and her money was very limited. Tonight was no different. She would have to worry again at the end of every song until she found a new place to rest her head for the night.

The seduction route did not go as he originally planned. Jack almost had to laugh as he was shown up the young songstress. Jack observed as Sophia Renard did her next couple of songs. The way she song, her tone and her expression. Her expression especially spoke volumes about her. The young talent scout despite being an amateur to field scouting has seen that expression on thousands upon thousands of artists. Down on their luck, limited resources and that vague chance of making it big. The more he listened to her, the more his heart was moved but her lyrics and her presence. It was the first time Jack felt the world around him may change with the music in her voice. He had to get her through the entertainment industry. Such a beauty and a talent should not waste away in a dreary hotel such as this. Jack was resolute, He decided then and there to act as the key to her future.

Like Willy Wonka, All Jack would have to do is present her with a golden ticket, and hope for his sake and her's that she would break out in the industry. Before the final song finished, Jack enacted a plan that both acted as an apology for his rudeness earlier, and a means to get her recruited.

Her final song finished, and Jack approached her with bouquet of roses he purchased from mysterious flower girl who worked even in a stormy night.
"I'd like to beg your pardon Ma'am I was rude earlier and may have misrepresented my intentions." Jack said with the tone of gentlemen and the posture of an aristocrat. " Allow me to reintroduce myself as Jack Horace of the Talent8 agency. I am scout as well as an agent! Let me be honest with you and tell you, I believe your voice can shatter and unite the world!" His words may have seemed like sweet honey laced with poison, but coming from Jack they held more substance then the words any playboy, hustler, or con artist would ever have.

Sophia was about to leave when she was approached by Jack again. This time, he came wielding flowers. His apology seemed sincere, at least, so she accepted the flowers from him, with his apology. As he reintroduced himself, however, she began to feel a little awkward. He was an agent and a scout? Was he pulling her leg? Human cynicism was back in her body again, but she strove to push it aside, listening to him. If what he told her was true, she had the opportunity to make a little money and find a decent place to live. Choosing to place her faith in the man before her, and the one upstairs, she smiled and accepted his story.

"You really think I'm that good? I doubt I could shatter the world, much less unite it, but everyone seems to like it when I sing..."

Re: A voice to take thyou e world (Candira and MasterOfWhispers)

He offered her his business card, and smiled. "I believe you have potential. Bear in mind your still rough around the edges when it comes to certain aspects of your singing. Then again so are a lot beginners in this industry. All you need though is dedication and passion. and I'm sure you'll reach the top much quicker." He finished. He looked at his watch. It was already 2 am in the morning and he had a flight at ten pm "Listen give my agency a call and we'll set up an appointment to see where we can place."

He left then that bar, not realizing where this chance encounter would take him. Not realizing what path he will traverse and what new "world" he has just stumbled upon.

Sophia took the card happily and put it in her pocket before she made her way to the desk to talk about her payment for this particular gig. She would accept half of it if she could stay the night in a room and make a few calls the next day. The deal was struck and she went to the break room and collected her small bag of belongings and carried it with her to her room on the first floor. She stripped out of her dress/sweater combo and removed her shoes. As she looked herself over in the mirror, she frowned. She ate enough to maintain her shape, and she wasn't disappointed with it...but she couldn't see her heavenly glow, like she used to...her wings were gone. The archangels had been kind enough to leave her with two small tattoos to remind her of the glory she'd once held, but since then, she saw nothing in herself but disappointment. She closed her eyes and then took a long, hot shower and got into a nice warm bed. She slept until noon and then called Jack's agency to set up an appointment with him.

After waiting for an extra amount of time to schedule the appointment since she couldn't come back to the phone, she wrote down the time and place of the appointment and then arranged for transportation. Once it was done, she put on a pair of jeans, a nice black shirt and tied back her hair once more to face the day. She hoped that it would be better than the last.

Back
Top Bottom