Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone interested?

Luna

Supernova
There is no winner..
water_drop-1.jpg

Just the survivors...

America has fallen in its second recession after another half a century. There was something that the government needed to cut back on. Something useless. Perhaps it was simply an act of cruelty, or perhaps not. All that's really known is that the one who suggested the idea had never spoke up until that meeting with the president. A crucial meeting that would decide what would never be the same after that day. The day they passed the National Assylum Relocation Act. It was something they all knew would result in only death. They knew the only way they could gain profit from this act would be to cut down their numbers by more that a two thirds. It was cruel, it was evil, but they were desperate. Deciding that this act would effect only those that were under forty, they began to prepare their top secret projects, creating habitable islands all near the southern states. They would pretend that they cared, pretend that they had the best intentions for the insane. But really, they would simply treat them right until they became crazy beyond all reason, which would happen only by neglecting to give them their medicine.

The project took ten years to complete, and once the law was finally effective, they began tagging and shipping the young patients to the island. They placed bracelet tags on their wrists, tags that doubled as identification and watches. Their only means of food was the fish, the fruit, and the cafeteria, that had a months worth of food for the max compacity of 100 inhabitants. After that they would have to fend for themselves. The cafeteria was simply a large building with machinery in it. The only way you could eat is to go to it at your designated time and scan your bracelet. Then a metal tray would drop and you could get your food. It worked that way for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No staff would be placed in danger on the island.

It would be considered a genocide on the mentally ill, but their families knew about the act and never pulled them out of the assylums. They left them there knowing the vague possibility that something would go terribly wrong, living their own lives. And so it began...

If you haven't had a chance to see it, it's pretty close to the plot you mentioned.

In Battle Royale, it's set (I think) in a future period of Japanese living where everything is headed in a dystopian spiral. The school aged children (well, teenagers) refuse to go to school, so the governent sets up a program to collect all the truent kids, ship them off to an island, and let them fight to the death. They are fitted with explosive proximity collars that explode either from a signal sent to them or if they try to escape the island. Each teen is assigned a pack that holds a map, some other navigationa items, and an impliment of death; they ranged from a gun to crossbow to a fry pan if memory serves me right. In the end, only one is suposed to live, but I won't ruin it further. It's a fun watch.

So I'm no knocking your idea, but it sounded much like Battle Royale and I thought it sounded pretty good. Though, it's not my thing, I hope you find some folks for it. Sounds like much fun can be had. :)

Back
Top Bottom