Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love =/= In love

Luna

Supernova
Right, I decided to stop being in denile. I was in love with Kyle for a short time, but I fell out of love after he cheated two years ago. I broke up with him, but then I started talking to him and he sounded depressed, so I decided to go back out with him.

Now I realize I did it because I pitied him, and I find it difficult to break up with him after he told me he's been on anti deppresants ever since I left him the first time.

What do I do?

Are you going to submit yourself to an ultimately doomed relationship for however many months it takes for it to fall apart on it's own, or will you save yourself the time?

Personally, I don't believe you should stay with him, if he broke your trust once, who's to say he won't do it again?

Honestly If you know in your heart that the relationship wont work. There is absolutely no reason to be in it a moment longer.

I disagree with the sentiment of "if you know it won't last, you shouldn't stick around for another moment."
But rather, if you don't enjoy your time with him.
If the relationship is a chore, than you're only serving to harm yourself.
Break it off properly because you aren't doing anyone favors with your pity dating.
Trust me, been there, done that.
Not worth it in the long run.
And if he's the sort to spiral, let him spiral. He can climb back up once he hits bottom.
It's really the only proper way to deal with individuals like that.

I stopped talking to him, but I can't find the words to end it without him feeling the need to swallow some pills...

Hun, here is my point of view. Take it or leave it as is.

I've spent a good deal of my life dealing with people like this, both in my own personal relationships, and in my friends. I've watched as people have pitied the person they where with, to the point that even KNOWING that there was always that doubt, always that what if of their partner going and fucking someone else. ( Sorry for being blunt ) They stayed it through until said partner TOSSED them aside when another piece of *** came along that they wanted more. I've had people threaten to KILL themselves if I didn't stay with them, and one who tried to. He never succeeded. I am great full for that. But none the less if you know your not going to be happy with him, and that what your feeling for him is no longer love but pity instead. My advice is to let him go, gently if you wish.

If he decides to toss back pills, that is his choice, and if he is doing that rather then killing himself, off, at least he is showing some smarts. I know I am probably coming off as rather harsh, and I am not trying to, but when I am ill I don't... filter my thoughts well.

The point here is are you happy?
In your current situation?
Can you see yourself doing this everyday?
Do you WANT to do this everyday?

My last relationship ate me up to almost a husk, because my HUSBAND went off to fuck his ex. I tried reasoning it out, and I tried staying. ..and once he found something he wanted more. I was told with no doubt that he wanted a divorce. Didn't even fucking care.

So what choice will eventually make YOU happy?

This in the end comes down to you, not him.

His life is his own, distinctly and what HE chooses to do with it, is what he will do. Regardless of what you say or do, or choose.

It's up to you babe.

Make your choice, and be happy.

(whatever way you choose )

Thank you for sharing your past experience with me, Shahar.

Though I know this is a dick move...I'll break up with him on the phone.

-Inclines her head faintly-

Your welcome. Dick move or not hun... unfortuantly sometimes, that is the...safest way of doing things.

Id say deliver the news followed by a healthy vicious pimp smack to instill proper fear. If you wear an obscenely large ring it adds 5 points. I can give something deep and meaningful on request.

Back
Top Bottom