Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Can't Be Real(Distain2003+Anjeru)

"I need to see her! "He paced nervously like a caged animal. Someone attacked her... He was going to destroy them. But first ... He had to know if she was okay."How bad will the permanent damage be? I need to talk to her can you wake her up?" He could not make the decisions he needed to make alone. They would ... change her dramatically and he was not certain it would be fore the better. "Its important i speak with her now. "

"She will have pain in her arm for months because I was unable to repair the muscle damage. And she may need some Physical Therapy to regain full control of her arm." He told the man as he led her to the Trauma room where Amelia lay, more pale than normal. Her arm had a bandage around where the wound was and it rested in a sling across her chest.

" I need you to wake her up now please. It ... is more important then anything you can do for her. If you wont do it tell me how and leave the room."He looked into his eyes a calm forceful look."She needs to make a decision now."He took a deep breath he could feel the monster inside him growing as he yearned to go back and destroy the man who did this to her. He would not be able to control it for long.

"I can give her a dose of a drug that will push her toward consciousness, but it may be a hour or so before she actually comes to." The doctor said as he walked to the medicine cabinet to pull out a small bottle. He took out a needle and then poked it through the flimsy lid to full the syringe part. He came back to Amelia's bedside and pushed the drug in via the iv drip, the part not being used by the blood drip. "There. You're welcome to stay with her, but she really should rest." He said as he tossed the needle into the trash, his latex gloves following. "Pick up the phone and dial 2 if you need anything." Were his final words as he turned and left the room, pulling the curtian to give them privacy and the door to seal out the bustling noise of the ER.

Stephen turned taking her hand holding it close. He whispered into her ear softly his lips pressed to her ear lightly. "I will find who did this, and i will kill them. No one harms the one i love. " He squeezed her hand again softly looking at her his finger tracing over the wound lightly."I can fix you my love but i don't if i should."He spoke softly to the sleeping woman his mind spinning torn between protection and revenge.

It was awhile, almost an hour, before Amelia even began to show signs of stirring. She groaned softly and her body shuffled on the bed to get more comfortable. She didn't know where she was but it smelled distinctly familiar, like the days she had spent in the hospital where she had waited for a new heart. Was that it?...was she still waiting for her heart? Had everything with Stephen been nothing more than a dream? Lashes fluttered as she came to, at first the room no more than a blur. Weakly, she tried to speak, suddenly feeling so worn out and exhausted. "Stephen?..."

Stephen squeezed her hand softly looking into her eyes. "Amelia you where shot you have to talk to you before you drift back off. "He took a deep breath kissing her softly."The damage to your arm... It will take a great deal of time to heal and you may never heal properly. I need your help to decide if you ... Want me to help you. I have 2 ways i can do so both will change you. " He looked into her eyes they showed the pain he was in having to offer thins but he wanted her to be healthy again."One.. will make you long for my bite, make it so you can be fed from every day, and increase how much you... enjoy my bite. But should i ever need to change you... it would hurt 10 times as much. "He pinched her IV of blood if she chose to change she would not need it and he wanted to taste as much of her as he could. "Or i could turn you... Either way you would be perfictly healthy with a small scar. Or you can heal naturally."He looked into her eyes wondering if he should really be offering this to her.

His words were fuzzy to her and she swore that the room was still spinning. Her eyes closed again as she tried to make the jumble of words coherant, barely able to remember the attack on her person. Her voice came out weak again, her hand barely returning the squeeze he gave it. "I value my mortality, Stephen...the purpose of human life is to live and then to die..." She trailed off, beginning to fall asleep again. By sheer will power, she spoke. "...I live my life happily...by creating things out of materials...I need the ability, the use of my hands..." the thought of never again being able to create the clothes that made her and so many other happy, made her undeniably sad. "Do what you can without changing me."

Stephen took a deep breath getting up walking to the drawers. He searched quickly before finding a scalpel he walked over to her and pulled the IV of blood from her. "Drink until it stops pouring no matter how badly it tastes. "He took the knife and slashed his own wrist putting it to her lips. Her words on valuing her mortality scared him. What did that mean she felt about him. He held the bleeding wrist to her lips as blood started to flow into her mouth. With in moments she could feel the blood acting on her body entering her stomach. She could feel the blood entering her veins and it did not feel good. It was not painful only but she could definitely feel the blood working on her body.

Her ears picked up sounds of movement, shuffling. Eyes closed, she didn't know what he was doing. Strangely, it all felt like a dream, as if she were floating upon waves of shadows that often came to form a dream. It was at that moment that a coppery fluid made its way into her mouth and down her throat, moving with the speed of a virus to spread throughout her body. It began to ache, then burn, and she had to refrain to keep from crying out so as to keep drinking whatever it was that he was feeding her. Whatever it was it began working on her in a way she couldn't understand, but she did as he said and would continue to drink until it stopped, though the mortality inside of her urged her to stop.

Stephen spoke softly into her ear as his hand wrist sealed. "Your going to heal quickly by this time tomarrow you wont be able to tell exept the scar. " He kissed her cheek lightly."I ... I have to go make sure this never happens again. Please stay here. If the doctor comes in throw him out before he can get to you. If he is allowed to inspect your wound... there will be many questions. "He kissed her softly before turning to leave slowly."I have to leave you here to make certain your safe. "He put his hand on the door his heart breaking he could not understand why someone would attack him like that.

She nodded weakly and as the burning ebbed, she slipped back into a deep slumber - she didn't want him to leave her, she was still scared to be alone, but she couldn't do anything about it as her body deemed her to sleep.

Outside the hospital the figure who'd attacked Amelia made itself known. Hiding out of sight in the alley beside the ER enterance, the figure pulled a cell from his pocket and a thumb began to fly across the keys. The organization hadn't been pleased that the target hadn't gotten away, so they sent the assassin back to distract the vampire who they were certain would be seeking revenge, while other cohorts went to kidnap the woman who was clearly the devil's lover. He slid the phone back into his cloak and waited.

Stephen stopped in the door way and did what he had not done in nearly 200 years. He allowed the vampire in him to take over. His nails grew razor sharp claws his fangs extended and he growled as he was now ready to fight. He took a deep breath and walked towards her car, he would go back to where she was shot and begin tracking from there. He opened the car door and her blood caught his nose. The sent of it infuriated it he should not have to do this why would anyone want to kill them he had not harmed anyone in 20 years.

The figure grinned evilly from under the hood of his cloak and raised the crossbow he'd shot the woman with. He whistled as if he wanted to get the attention of the vampire, when in fact he was signaling his parter to move in on the woman. "Out of the car, vampire," he said as he stepped out the alley, in front of the car.

The second man heard the whistle and used the back enterance of the hospital to move in per the Organization's orders. An intern approached him and he offered a small smile. "I'm here to see Amelia. I'm her brother." He gave the intern the fake I.D. that had been made so he could pass as her brother. The intern handed it back with a small nod and led the man to Amelia's room. He stepped inside and shut the door, his feet carrying him to the woman's bedside. Regret tinged his features for a moment before he shrugged it off. Arms slid under her small frame and he carried her easily to their chosen escape route- the window.

The blood Stephen had given her had bonded them. He could now tell how she was feeling from far away. Unfortunately she was unconscious and couldn't signal him she was being kidnapped. Stephen looked at the man and moved slowly to him. "Your the one that shot at me? "His pace was a brisk walk he did not know what this person was doing."Why did you attack us what have i done to you? I live in peace on and harm no one!." His hands where open ready to attack should the man shoot. He was not worried the man missed him once he when he was not expecting it now his reactions would force the man to miss again. "Who are you!?"

"We're an organization of vampire hunters," the cloaked man replied. "We strive to rid the world of vermin like you. An abomnination against God." He knew the vampire would be fast, but even if he was killed, it wouldn't matter because the vampire was falling into their hands rather easily. Really though, he hadn't been aiming for Stephen earlier. He had meant to hurt the woman, angry she would consort with a demon with the life she had been given. The crossbow followed Stephen's every movement, its aim directly leveled with his heart. "What do you want with the human woman, demon?"

Amelia felt like she was floating, subconsciously realizing she wasn't in her bed or the hospital bed anymore. She moaned and shifted in a pair of strong arms she thought to be Stephen's, remaining asleep, though she could feel the cold breeze of the outside. The man's eyes moved down to the woman in his arms as she stirred, worried she would wake, but sighed with relief when she remained asleep. He made it around the opposite alley and came out at the back of the hospital. A car was waiting for him, another orginization member in the driver's seat.

Stephen leapt at the man twisting in the air to avoid the oncoming shot hitting his heart. It grazed him bowing threw the skin on his stomach he hissed lifting the man from the ground by the throat. "What she is to me means nothing to you! Where can i find your leaders I need to explain to them i am not to be bothered. I did not ask to be a vampire but i will fight to remain one! Now if you wish to remain alive a moment longer tell me how i can end your infernal hunting of me." He knew he would not be able to get them to stop with out killing them. He hated the idea of taking lives now but he had to do it or Amelia would never be safe.

The man only laughed as Stephen's grip on his throat lifted him from the ground. "I won't tell you because it won't matter anyways! They've already got your whore!" He pulled the trigger on the double barelled crossbow again, the arrow this time firing at his gut.

Amelia began to stir, moaning gently as she felt cold under her. Eyes fluttered open and she found herself in a room that resembled an asylum, cept there were no padded walls, just cement. No windows and only a steal door. She felt like panicking now. "S-stephen...?"

Stephen curled his fingers in digging them in behind his throat. As the bolt hit him in the stomach he ripped the mans throat out in pain he grabbed the arrow and pulled it out. He gathered the crossbow and all the bolts the man had left on his person if he was going to attack an organization he would need all the help he could get. The wound from the arrow burned clearly they knew how to fight vampires as it began to heal ever so slowly. He got back in the car reloading the crossbow before beginning to follow his feelings. He knew the general direction she was in but he had no clue exactly where she would be. When she awoke and called out his name he felt her panic he focused on it he was going to make those responsible feel the same way. He sped threw the city streets turning when he felt he he was no longer going straight towards his love.

Amelia began to try to get to her feet, her body still aching. She took her arm out of the sling and dropped it upon the ground as she inspected her prison. "Hello?..." she called out, but receiving no answer. Panic turned into fear and she approached the steel door to slam her fists on it. "Let me out of here!!!" she screamed. The door opened and a fist slammed into her cheek, causing her to fall back with a cry. Her lip was split and bleeding now as a tall, beefy man stood in the doorway, cracking his knuckles. "Hello there, you noisy little lady." He grinned evilly and shut the door behind him.

It took Stephen nearly an hour but he could tell he was getting close. He felt the fear in her and the sharp pain as she was hit and it fueled his rage more. He so close the car was making i it difficult to pin down he parked the car and began running. The first of them he found he would need to feed on he was getting weak from not eating and from spending his energy in excess in his hunt for his beloved.

The building she was being held in had 3 floors and resembled something like a parking garage. She was on the bottom floor, in the furthest room. There were at least 10 members hiding out here and keeping watch over the vampire's woman. The one in her cell began to approach her and, with tears running down her cheeks, she scrambled backwards until her back was flat against the cement wall. "Just don't kill her," a voice said through the door, "we need her to lure the vampire here." Amelia's eyes widened and she shook her head viciously. "Leave Stephen alone! He's been through enough!" she screamed, then had to duck as the man swung for her again. "He's a vampire, an admonation against God. He must die," he said, catching her foot and slamming her back against the wall before she could get away from him. His beefy fingers locked around her throat to hold her against the wall. His other hand pushed the hair out of her face even as she clawed at the hand around her throat. "You're a pretty little thing, aint'cha?" he laughed and threw her to the side. She landed on the ground and moved to get away from the man, even as he kicked his booted foot into her stomache. She gasped and cried out, curling into a ball. "There, that's better. No snippy back talking, I like it. I always prefer a willing victom," he said with an evil grin, pinning her arms to the ground with one hand, tearing her shirt open with the other causing her to scream and squirm, trying to get him off of her. "Stop it!" she begged, kicking her legs fiercly. "He's going to kill you, please stop!" The man only responded by smacking her again to get her to shut up.

Stephen flew blindly into the building greeting the first 2 men he saw with crossbow bolts to the chest. He knew she was in dieer distress he needed to get to her now! He met the third with a fist his clawed hand driving it into his chest. Sending them both threw a door into a room. Stephen was nearing a bind rage as he leaned down burring his fangs into the mans neck. He drank greedily fighting against his body as it pumped blood out of the mans wound. Within seconds the man was drained from both being fed on and the gaping wound in his chest. He quickly reloaded the crossbow charged out into the hall. He could hear 8 more heartbeats in the room and he moved to avoid as many as he could as he moved to his goal.

Amelia squirmed, refusing to stop screaming, hoping Stephen could hear her, praying that he could. The man on top of her took a knife from his pocket and flipped it open, using it to slice the bra she had on open. Apparently the commotion hadn't reached them yet and he was determined to enjoy their prize before the vampire came. "You best shut up," he growled, slamming the blade into the ground beside her throat, a thin line of red bleeding only a drop on her skin. She gulped. "Fuck you!" she spat, only to have him punch her again. This time it made her dizzy and she actually did shut up.

Stephen was now only a short distance away. Unfortunately the men where converging on him. Quickly he was being swarmed 6 of the 8 people in the building where coming to him. He did everything he could to fight off as many as he could and avoid them. It had been a long time since he had been in a fight like this. He dispatched another pair with the crossbow pinning them to the wall as he ducked into another room reloading on the move. A crossbow designed to kill vampires was a phenomenal weapon against men.

Stephen shot a hand out of a sheet rock wall slitting one mans throat before he went out the door. He almost pitied the poor humans he was murdering. It is nearly impossible for a human to beat a vampire who has gone into this rage. He knew where they where and he was able to hide. Stephen lept into the rafters of the building crawling over pipes past the remaining men he knew he did not have long to save her he could smell her blood in the air. He dropped down behind the last and broke his neck quickly. The remaining to would be searching for him for a little while he would deal with them when he had the chance. He was now outside the door where Amelia was being held. His foot hit the door and sent it flying into the wall behind the pair on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom