Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To lost to sing? (Distain and nightsorceress)

Over the course of the next 4 months the pair grew very close. Though Namir hid his true feelings about her save threw song. They kissed regularly after shows and maintained their sleeping arraignments unless something came up and they could not. Lily became quite the prodigy of Namir's making the pair more money in those 4 months then Namir alone made in 6. After their latest performance Namir realized 2 things had happened tonight that had never happened before. Lily played before the kings and nobles of London and... Namir missed a que and it had became noticeable. He sat in their room taking a long drink of wine while Lily enjoyed herself with the pageantry that came from being in the presence of the king. Namir had let himself slip terribly over the last 4 months. He had wrote no new songs, learned no new cords. He had to take a break from her. The money the pair had made was enough for him to carry out his "retirement" plan. Namir took a long slow breath and began penning his good by to the only women to allow him to forget the pains in his past.

Lily seemed to come a live these past four months. For one she had Namir. Her dearest friend, the one she hoped would turn to something more than a dear friend, but she let things take there own time. And then she had her music. She had taken London by storm. And now here she was laughing and having a grand time with royalty. Her life was starting to be prefect.

As the night festivaties have gone on she noticed Namir was no were to be found. She thought it was odd. He was always by her side after a performance. She quietly left the party and returned home to find Namir

Namir's hand moved slowly, as he penned the good bye. 'How does one say good bye even for a short time to someone like Lily.' This note was going to take him longer than he had hoped he wanted to be gone when she returned from the party. He stood taking a break having written only a few short lines on the page. He would think about what to say as he packed. It was not long before he had packed everything he owned into the bags of he would be taking with him. He had no intention of returning to his London apartment again. Soon he had 5 bags packed and one trunk he realized his plans where going to much harder than he had realized. He moved down into the street and going to but a small wagon for his things.

A million thoughts had been rushing through lily's head. Could Namir have fallen ill. If he had why did he not tell her. Could he be off with another woman. Maybe romancing her, and all of Lily's hope to truly be with him would be smashed. Of all the thoughts that were running through her him leaving her were not one of them. Lily walked up the street to where the two had shared his apartment. she noticed a wagon outside the door.

Namir was standing inside the door tossing his bags into the carriage. He had still not written the note past those 3 lines. He turned taking the last thing he had left his trunk. He took the trunk and carried it out his back facing her until he turned to put it in the wagon. He set it down his eyes locked nervously on her's now he had to tell her what he could not right. He froze for the first time since childhood he was speechless.

Lily froze in the middle of the street when she saw Namir in the door way with his bag. She couldn't make a sound as his back was to her. The he climb into the wagon and he saw her. Her purple eyes were locked on his, tears already starting to build in them. A lump forming in her throat but she fought past it to speak "Namir, whats going on?"

Namir moved to her looking into her eyes reaching out to take her hands. "Lily i don't know how to say this. "He paused taking a deep breath looking at her with along drawn out sigh. "I have to leave. Since i met you ... I have not been working on my singing. If i don't get better i will sputter out and fail. I am going home while my reputation is still strong enough to carry everything i do. I have things there i need to take care of. If i don't step away now... soon it will be to late. " His heart was breaking he did not want to leave her but he had to.

as he spoke the tears filled Lily's eyes started to spill down onto her cheeks. She was shaking her whole body was shaking. "please stay. please don't leave, I will stop singing i promise then you can sing, It would not bother not to be able to sing i promise, i promise, i will be happy as long your here." Lily didn't know what else to do a side from beg. He was what made her truly happy, not singing.

Namir lead her inside the people on the street did not need to see her like this. Once inside he took her hands again shaking his head. "I have to go I need to re focus on singing and i cant do that here. Besides I would rather die that take your voice from the world, or take your singing from you."He took a deep breath slowly releasing her hands backing towards the door. "Some day not long from now I will see you again. I promise but i have to go now and refocus on singing hate me if you will. I will always care about you. "

Lily just kept shaking her head at very world he said like she could not believe her ears. "i can't believe that you ever cared. If you did then you would not leave like this." She was angry she was hurt and her heart felt like it was breaking in two "if you leave now, do not try to contact me agian, because i will not be subject to this again. Even if we happen to be in the same place at the same time, act as if i am dead."

"You know full well i can not do that, I am doing this for you as much as i am for me. If we are not farmers now if we lose our way it can ruin us. One bad day can change your name. "He took a deep breath looking into her eyes. "I will find you again and when i do ... it will be with the greatest offers I can ever give. "Slowly he moved away to the wagon nearly in tears as he stepped up to the seat.

"there is nothing you can give me now that i will take from you. Go then now, i no longer wish to know your name!" Her words were like venom. She would return home the first chance she got never wanting to see him again after tonight. Only a handful more shows and she would have enough money to live a very comfortable life till the end of her days.

"When you leave here sell the apartment i no longer need it you can keep the money. Please forgive me we all have our own reasons for doing what we do. Now mine are pulling me away soon they will return me to your side. "He slowly pulled the wagon away starting towards norther England where his home was.

Lily returned to the apartment and began to pack her things. She could not wait to be has far from this place as she possibly could. She wanted to disappear never to be seen or heard from again. If there was something he needed to tend to he should have taken her with him. She would have happily went.

(( we can say a week or two have gone or something since now our character are a part. hehe evil plans turning in my head hehe))

It took Namir 3 weeks in his wagon to get home from London. He loved the small port town that had became his second home so long ago. Within days of his arrival he began construction on what he called his retirement plan. He spared no expense building a grand theater where hundreds could spend all day watching plays, dancers, and musicians. He had the entire place planned down to the last nail he was going to make this small port town the worlds mecca for the performed arts.

Lily stated in London for two weeks playing show after show, doing 4 or 5 a day. But the money made it wroth it. Now she would have enough money to take care of the farm and tend to her father for the rest of her life. But there was another reason why she needed money.

Following Namir to the small town was a lawyer that Lily had hired. It was he last step to be free of him and start a new life. The lawyer had arrived in the port three days after Namir. But he had not trouble finding him "excuse me sir. The people here tell me your Namir and i have been sent on bussiness regarding a Ms Lillian Hart."

Namir nodded to the man listening quite intently. "Yes I am Namir, what is wrong with Lily? "He could only imagine that after such a short time something had to be wrong with her. He looked at the man nervously as the town bustled with both his new employee's and the normal port fare. His mind was swirling she had never not even for a moment left his mind. He was hoping he had stayed in hers.

"oh good, you were a hard man to keep up with" the Lawyer said as she fumbled around in his bag. "i was hired by Ms. Hart to handle some financial business that you left unresolved when you left." He pulled a bag full of money and also a letter from the bag " I have been instructed to give you this, wait till you read the letter and confirm you understand, and find out if you would be requiring a larger sum"

The Letter read as following:

Namir,

Thank you for all you have done to support me these past month. I have now managed to earn enough money to live a peaceful life. Enclosed is the money you have given me and my father the past months plus the money from the sell of the apartment in London. If the sum enclosed is not enough please inform the lawyer. Otherwise our business and our friendshitp has come to a close. I do not wish to be contacted again all I ask is that you enjoy the life you had to leave for, as i will do the same with the new one i have found for myself.

Lily

Namir took the bag and shook his head. "Tell her i understand but i will be seeing her again. Some day, I am not sure when please stay here for the day your inn room is on the house. "Around the town 3 inn's where being built the old inn was being remodeled and a massive building was being built just outside of town."I have a good deal of work to take care of so if you wish to tell me how she does not wish to see me again please... tell that tree and pretend it is me ignoring you." With that he walked away to confirm everything was going well.

The lawyer shook his head. "when any man would want to return to a woman who did not want him his beyond me. She probably already found herself a husband. a pretty girl like that." he mumbled to himself but loud enough for anyone who was listening could here. He did not know what he would be telling his client, but at least he had sometime to think about it.

Meanwhile Lily had returned home to her farm. She had filled Docis in on all of what happen while she was away, then paid him handsomely for his services.

Docis argued about his payment not wanting a cent before finally giving in going back to town. Every day he would ride to the farm and check on her from the tree line. He was worried that Namir had not sent word to him.

Namir worked as hard as he could to get his theater ready employing nearly half the northern part of England to get it built as fast as possible. He had scrimped and saved as much as he could his entire life to build this theater. It was the last thing he had to do, he made a promise long ago to stop traveling so much and now ... he would keep that promise. It would take a long time before it was ready and Namir had one final favor to ask of Docis. Watch over Lily until he could return he hoped he could finish the theater before her father passed.

Lily stayed on the farm now. she was able to hire people to care for the farm but she still helped. Her primary focus was taking care of her father. he seemed to be better now than before, but she knew in her heart he would never fully recover. She just took every day one step at a time. Not thinking about Namir as much as possiable

After 5 months construction was nearly complete everything was going as planned. Namir had sent letters to the greatest bards in the world to come preform in 3 months at his grand opening. He was finally starting to forget Lily he had stopped thinking about her daily, his heart no longer broke at the sight of her. It was exactly 5 months since Namir had left London when he received the letter he knew was coming. Lily's father had passed 2 weeks ago Namir started to weep for her and immediately packed to leave.

He was not going to make his funeral no matter how hard he tried. He knew that but he needed to be there for her. Soon he was on the road heading to her side. It took him just over a week and a half to reach her home. He rode slowly to where Docis promised to meet him. With out words Docis took Namir's horse and started towards their home. Slowly Namir started his walk a half a mile to Lily's home.

When her father passed Lily was heart broken. She was glad he went peacefully in his sleep and he would no longer be pain. But she would miss him horriably. These past few weeks were the hardest for her. She had no one to turn to for comfort. Lily felt alone now and lost.

Namir walked slowly from the road up towards her house. His close a bit ragged his body was exhausted. He had not had a good night sleep in months but these last 2 weeks he had barely slept. Now he lugged his bag slowly to her front door. His hair was in shambles as was his heart the thought of Lily having to go threw this was killing him. Slowly he made it to the front door and knocked softly it was just before dinner time and he hoped she would be in the house.

Back
Top Bottom