Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To lost to sing? (Distain and nightsorceress)

Lily saw the band leave the stage she knew it would only be moments till Namir would take the stage. His band started to play and already she was lost in the music, then Namir began to sing. Before she even had a chance to see his face lily closed her eyes and fell deeply into the words and the song. Music was her passion, perhaps she was even more passionate about the music then Namir himself was. she opened her eyes and she couldn;t believe what they saw. it was the stranger he was Namir. She was shocked.

He winked playfully at her before continuing his show. He played the crowd like one one else letting people who knew the chorus sing it for him. He would throw flowers from up on the stage into the crowed. He smiled at Lily those who saw him play knew he only ever threw out one rose per set. The rest of the flowers he threw where Lilies of what ever color he could find. He smiled and the women all cooed as he pulled out the rose for this set. Tossing it down into Lily's lap he smiled and Lily could almost feel the angry glares from the jealous women behind her. He moved to a happier song one of the saving of a small town by a group of men. It was a much faster song much happier causing him to move around on the stage rapidly dancing as he enjoyed the music.

Lily felt like a fool. She felt like she should have known who the man was even though there was no way she would have known because there has never been a picture printed of him. Still though her cheeks were red. She couldn't believe the way she acted around him, she flirted with him. while he moved around the stage preforming Lily slip from the table to embarrassed to look at him. Lily then slipped out the door to the inn and headed to the stables.

((i can't make this to easy for you ;) ))

Namir was stunned as she walked away he had never had a woman walk away from him during a show. He had not had a woman walk away from him since he became Namir. He glanced at a man in the crowed then at the woman it was his friend that he had told her about. He mentioned it to him before he went on stage but only in passing. He continued to sing he had never walked of stage before and he would not start now. He had 2 hours before his second set of the night so he would leave after.

The man got up and moved quickly after her following her to the stables. Once she had retrieved her horse he walked up to her putting his hand on the horses neck and the reign on that side. He gripped it tight so it would not move. If she tried to ride away all the horse would do would be turn in circles around him. "Hello, You must Lilian Heart? Namir mentioned you a few times before the show. My name is Docis. I am the man Namir mentioned I am guessing a family member is ill? You certainly don't look ill, so i doubt it is you i am to look at. " He had a kind smile, he was in his 30's and with short black hair and a light beard.

Lily was getting ready to head home when all of a sudden a man appeared. she was not certain of who he was at first but it was very clear he knew her. "yes i am Lillian, but i am sorry you are wasting your time, I have no money to pay you for your services and i do not take charity. So if you will excuse me i must return home now" Lily tried not to so rude, but she did desperately want to get home and get away from this place.

He smiled and looked up at her giving a soft calling whistle a white horse with brown speckles came wondering out to stand next to him. "Well then you see we are at an impasse. I told a friend long ago i would help him when ever he asked. Also i don't take money for my services anyways. I think it is wrong to profit from the illness of others. I may be able to lower the cost that you are under. Usually doctors give to much medicine at least let me see your father." He mounted quickly ready to follow her. " Besides I will follow you anyways, it is getting late its not safe to be out alone at night. I would prefer we wait for Namir but you seem to be fleeing him for some reason.

"i do not mean to sound rude or ungrateful for your offer and i can simply not take your help." Lily looked down with a heavy sigh, She knew if she kept arguing that Namir may appear out in the stable soon. She tried to think of a way to get the man to stay behind "Your friend found it fun to tease me, and I have enough trouble in my life not made a fool of. So once again i would decline your help. Thank you"

He chuckled softly thought it did not seem he was laughing at her. "He... did not mean to mock you. He does not like telling people his name. It changes the way people act around him. "He showed no sings of any intent to leave. "Please stay at least until he finishes singing. It wont be longer than 10 minuets now. Then you can tell him why you have left and your refusing my help. I'm certain he would like to hear it from you. The only way to get rid of me is to have him tell me not to help."He smiled reaching out to pat her arm lightly. " Did you really get dressed so nicely to storm out of town with out saying good bye? "

Lily sighed heavily. She looked down shaking her head. "i came out here tonight to have a night of enjoyment for once. I thought it would be nice actually talk to someone, for a change. That is why i got dressed so nicely as you put it." she sighed "instead i am a fool. I was toyed with. I guess his fear was well founded because i have changed how i will act around him." Lily had to swallow hard to keep herself calm, what she didn't realize through all of that was 10 minutes have past.

Namir had no more than finished his last song then he was in the back room changing into his boots. His band thanked the crowed and told them they would be back on in 2 hours. Now in his travelers boots he ran threw town still sweating from the show. His hair bouncing where it may as he ran up seeing the 2 of them not far from the stables he went inside and gathered her fathers horse. He mounted quickly riding up next to her. "Did you not enjoy the show? "He had no clue why she had left he hand done nothing different with her then he normally did he could not understand why she would leave in the midst of the show. "I thought you would stay for the both sets. I wish you had told me you needed to leave early."He had been rationalizing it since he left the stage thinking it was her plan all along.

She heard hooves ridding up behind her. Lily knew that it had to be Namir. SHe sighed heavily she could not bring herself to look at him "I must return home now, please tell your friend that his services are not required. And if you please be kind to get horse tomorrow and return my fathers, you will not need to call on me you can just leave my father's horse in the barn and take yours." Lily then glanced over at him hurt clear in her purple eyes. then she rode off not giving him a chance to speak.

Docis moved to ride after her but Namir held his hand up holding him back. "Tomorrow my friend. I don't know why she is acting like this but... Tomorrow. "Docis nodded and explained their conversation. For 2 hours he and Namir spoke quietly outside of the inn. Once it was time for his show he preformed like he always did. He never let anything interfere with his performances even if he wished he did not want to do so.

The next day he and Docis have rode slowly back to her house. Namir rode into the bar putting away her fathers horse before they both went to the front door. Docis's horse tied up out side. Namir knocked softly on the door he wanted to say he was sorry for acting like he did. He held the rose he had tossed her before she ran away. He was back in his more common cloths Docis stood just off her porch waiting for her to answer the door.

Lily pushed her horse hard that night to get her home as quickly as possible. She did not care so much if Namir found out why really left as long as she didn't have to see him again.

The next day Lily went about her business as usual. Tending to her father and then other needs of the farm before checking on her father once again. He mind kept floating back to the night before. She tried to through herself into her work but her mind still kept drifting. She sighed and as she was feeding the pigs around back she began to sing. Her voice, her melody seem to travel on the wind and wrap themselves around the two men at the front of the house.

Namir had known Docis for years so when he gave him the gesture to stay there he did so with out a word. Namir hopped of the side of the porch and headed back towards the singing. It sounded divine he had to see if it was really her doing the singing. Slowly he moved to the pig pens seeing her standing there singing. He began to harmonize a hum to match her words and song. He stayed out of the pens moving to the side closet to her looking at her a shamed look on his face he felt terrible about how he acted.

Lily dumped the rest of the food from her bucket for the pigs. The whole time singing. She turned to leave the pens when she was startled by a man standing there. She let out a little scream but quickly realized it was Namir. she tried to compose herself "as i told you yesterday your horse is in the barn just go a head and take him there was no reason to find me"

Namir jumped slightly when she screamed but maintained his cool for the most part. Namir looked at her with a soft smile he could tell she was really mad at him. "There where many reasons to come see you. Not the least of which was I needed to say i was sorry. I never meant to hurt you, or make you feel foolish. " His eyes where locked on hers a soft smile appeared as he leaned on the fence holding out her rose. "The most important is you left your flower alone on the table." His smile was playful he clearly was not that comfortable with confrontation and this whole thing made him a bit nervous. Thought he did a good job of masking his nerves his eyes still showed it some.

Lily tried not to smile as he spoke. She was glad though that he did apologize for what he did. She looked up at him "you really have to think things through. I mean if you would have told me the truth i would have kept your secret, and i would have not have changed. The most i would have asked you was for you tell me more about your life, but i do that with everyone, i like to know people's stories." she shrugged.

"Who i am is not a secret. I... Have been who i am for a long time and even when people say they wont act differently. They usually do. "He smiled up at her offering a hand to help her from the pig pen."I meant no offense i have a flare for theatrics and i rather like seeing people reactions when they find out the nice man they have been speaking to is... me."He shrugged slightly standing up still holding her flower. "You have a lovely voice why have i not heard of you? " He had heard of nearly every single person who had sung an any bar in England. Lilian Heart was not on the list of names he had heard.

Lily hesitated before taking his hand and climbing out the pens. Even though Lily wore a simple tattered dress and had dirt smudged on her face she was still beautiful. Her eyes locked on his for a moment "thank you. But i can not afford to pursue my dreams, there would be no one to care for my father and no one to care for the farm, and if i were unable to provide money to pay the bills then we could lose the farm."

He smiled looking at her staring it her eyes before he broke the rose off about 3 inches from the base of the flower. Slowly he reached up slipping it behind her ear pinning her hair back with it. " I could solve all those problems if you really wanted to give music a shot." He spoke softly looking into her eyes. "Docis is out front and more than willing to take a look at your father. I could buy your farm and allow you to stay here for free as long as you are on tour with me. I'm sure you could find a way to pay someone to work it. "He did not move he stood still holding her hand looking deeply into her eyes.

Lily closed her eyes as he placed the flower behind her ear. then when he held her hand her finger wrapped around hi as they did like last night. "you offer is to kind sir, my heart would love nothing more to spend every day sing. But i don't understand why you would make such an offer to me, you barly no me"

Namir looked into her eyes looking smiling, his hand moved to rest on her cheek. "Eyes like yours, and..."His hand slipped down her neck his thumb running over her throat lightly before running down her shoulder and arm." And a truly amazing voice are hard to come by." He smiled hoping that it did not seem as though he was only interested in the combination. " Also i hate watching a talented person miss their chance because of money. I have more than i need, I would consider this an investment in the arts. "He smiled his passion for music knew no bounds he wanted nothing more than to just make the world a better place threw song. " I would be honored if you would travel with me. You would have your own everything. The only thing we would share is a stage. "

Has he hand traveled down from her throat to her shoulder then her arm her body seemed to melt under his touch. Namir offer seemed to good to be true, but there he was offering it with no strings attached. Lily looked at him for a long moment "alright, but i do have a few conditions first. First i will allow Docis to look at my father and see if there could be anything to help him. If Docis does not think he will recover from this as i have been told by others i would like to stay with my father until he passes, i don't want him to be alone. If there is someway he does get better, and i go with you, i would like to be able to come home for the hoildays, and also at any point my father may need me"

He smiled as she laid out her demands. "Well then i have a demand of my own! I want what i intended on getting last night!" He smiled looking into her eyes letting the fear build in her that he was going to make some incredibly forward advance. He did not he leaned in slowly kissing her ever so lightly on the lips. He smiled brightly and walked away as quickly as he had leaned in. He had to go talk to Docis. "We can discuss your terms later right now your father needs a good looking over. "He had a spring in his step as he made for the front of the house to see Docis.

Lilys eyes widen at thought of what he could want from her. As he drew closer her heart raced her chest. But her fears were not well founded he leaned in and kissed her. it was soft and gentle. her lips kissed him back slightly. The before she knew it was heading to the front of the house. she was frozen there for a moment but soon followed him around front.

Back
Top Bottom