Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~

I's happeh for ju~

Don't let the fucking roommate drama get you. Life is getting better, you can do it.

I haz faith in ju Boss Mastah :3

Sometimes I think my standards are too high. I expect people to be better then I am. I think this is a bizarre holdover from that long gone time when I had low self-esteem (If ya can believe it). Problem is, In the areas where I suck, it's easy to be better then me, and in the areas where I excel, it's nigh-impossible. Talent, affection, stability, these are things that most people have a modicum of ability in, and I am severely deficient. Logic, problemsolving, and intellect are rather harder to come by, and I have crushing amounts.

So where does this put me?

An emotionally void psychopath, who uses his damage to the best effect, to handle himself logically and work through his problems expediently. However, empathy is a casualty of this process, and typically when I seem empathic, I'm faking it. It doesn't matter what the empathy is for - Say what they just said back to them in new words, apologize, and offer condolences/assistance. Easy formula. The problem comes when I stop going through the emotions and actually become involved. That's when my standards come into play.

I can't comprehend what it's like to have never researched, learned, understood, considered, and decided. And if you can't do those, you listen to the one who has. Seems logical, right? Very. Make the best decision based on the information at hand, or go with the recommendation of the person who has the best information. But emotions don't work that way. Not everyone is as detached from their own minds as I am. Is it fair of me to EXPECT that level of detachment?

Trygon mutters to me about those like me - The dragons, and why he favors their company.

A saying I love:
The human brain says 'End war!'
The mammal brain says 'Go to the peace rally.'
The reptile brain says 'Kill him, fuck his wife, THEN go to the peace rally.'

Not everybody has the gentler, 'more accepted' I suppose, traits. True some people may have a disposition that favors that sort of trait but it is still to many a learned trait. I have faith you'll learn it. You have good intentions. Usually.

Seattle (SEA) to Salt Lake City (SLC) 10/28/10 11:32 AM - 2:25 PM Delta 4815 Operated By: SKYWEST DBA DELTA CONNECTION
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Baltimore (BWI) 10/28/10 5:14 PM - 11:26 PM Delta 2650
Baltimore (BWI) to Salt Lake City (SLC) 11/01/10 5:50 PM - 8:38 PM Delta 1189
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Seattle (SEA) 11/01/10 9:33 PM - 10:43 PM Delta 1185

Who's going to the Rally to Restore Sanity? Oh, I AM?!

My sponsor wants me to start journaling every night. I'll probably forget. Feel free to remind me, readers.

Let me break down the Program a bit, for those unfamiliar. First and foremost, I go to Alcoholics Anonymous, hereafter abbreviated as AA. Despite my addiction being primarily drugs, the 12 steps of AA apply to damn near everything in my life. As many people in the program say, only the first step talks about alcohol.

The 12 Steps
Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

A sponsor is someone who helps you work through the 12 steps. Mine is excellent. Today, as part of my 5th step, we argued about a personality trait of mine that I have been proud of. I expect people to be as good as they can be, to always try to improve themselves, and never settle for anything less then their best. He convinced me I need to change that.

Nobody has ever managed that before.

I also applied for two jobs, one I want like hell, and another that I could happily settle for. Both show good prospects.

And I shall be the one who pokes you to remind you to write journal every night BossMastah <3

Good luck with your job search! <3

Got my tattoo done today. The Trisagion, the prayer of the Seraphim, in the original hebrew. I'm buzzing on too many endorphins to think straight, so that's all from me. Gonna go watch New Vegas now.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6123897&l=b0d85ee73c&id=689276930

Busy day today. Went to a meeting with Tim, fixed more computers, saw Shaun, and spent a lot of time talking to Chloe.

Seraph Nicholas said:
Got my tattoo done today. The Trisagion, the prayer of the Seraphim, in the original hebrew. I'm buzzing on too many endorphins to think straight, so that's all from me. Gonna go watch New Vegas now.

Show yer ink! We needs to see it!

Back
Top Bottom