Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forcing it on Brother (Closed)

Reika

Supernova
It's been a while since Mina's seen her brother. He always seems so busy and with so much stuff going on in his life, he seems to never have the time to drop by anymore. Thankfully, her cares enough to give them a call almost everyday, this at least keeps Mina in touch with him. Today he was supposed to show up and come over. This would give Mina the chance to see her very much missed older brother.

Re: Forcing it on Brother (Kratos and Atzura)

Seth although not by choice could not visit Mina as often as he would have liked, had little to no control over how busy his life generally was, work was work after all and took up most of his hours,.. sometimes even after it was finished. Tasks given had to be finished by a set date.. and so he used some of his own hours sometimes, everyday he would try to call her, most of the time getting through but it was not because it was his sister.. but the fact was he did not want his busy life.. to separate them as siblings. He had heard of cases where once an older brother had to move on from the family.. and live independently, siblings sometimes were completely forgotten about which was not something he would let happen in a hurry.

Finally work had given him a short break.. it was about time really, and so he told Mina he was going to come over,.. actually visit her. Calling never felt the same as having her around, he was actually starting to miss her a little. Slowly he drove his car into the drive way,.. the house was very familiar and a soft sigh left him. It had been a while really. Once there he pulled the key from the ignition and walked up to the door pressing a button on his keyring to lock his car, and then knocking on his old front door wondering what sort of reaction he would get from Mina.. after being almost six months since they had seen each other.

Mina was changing from her usual bumming around clothing into something more acceptable for when Seth would arrive. Judging by the sounds of a smoothly parked car nearby, and the obvious knock at the door, she was pretty convinced that Seth was already there. She scrambled, internally nervous about seeing him again. It felt strange and uncomfortable, but she couldn't wait. Sliding off an old white shirt, Mina quickly fumbled around in search of a brassiere, which she quickly placed on. She couldn't get as fancy as she wanted, due to him being earlier than expected. She placed on a tank top, violet with black outlines and pulled up her jeans, slightly crusted in color, yet still comfortable enough to wear. She tied a dark purple ribbon around her left wrist and fixed her hair, quickly running down as her parents opened the door, greeting Seth and welcoming him.

Seth was just wearing general clothes today, this just meant simply a pair of jeans slightly faded from being worn so much, and a shirt with a design on it from a major logo designer. It seemed that even his parents had slightly missed him, and his mother greeted him first with a kiss on the cheek saying welcome home before lightly laughing, it was nice to see.. but something that would not be true since he would never move back in. His eyes were looking around not noticing his sister yet as their dad then greeted him with a handshake before telling him to come inside, "You are right.. it has been a while, I wonder were Mina is.. I was expecting at first almost to be tackled to the floor ..." A gentle laughed escaped all of them before his eyes caught Mina to the side.

Mina came down the steps and held on to the column when he came in. She didn't jump up, go to even kiss him or hug him. "Hey Seth." She said nodding her head. That was all. It was a slightly cold welcome in his book, but sometimes people change. He didn't expect his little sister to dish him off like that however.

It was almost rather confusing how Mina was acting, the welcoming.. rather cold for what she used to be like.. but either she had changed quite a bit and grown up more.. or this was payback for not visiting, although on the phones.. he would have expected well more of a welcome. "Hmm?.." He just shrugged now not knowing what to say walking inside, "You seem different.. Even from the phone calls.."

Mina remained calm, just hearing his voice and shrugging.

Soon however, her lips slowly curved at the edges forming a smile.

((Damn, roleplaying with too many people who named their character Seth...))

"Finally!" She yelled, their parents clearing the way for what they knew was coming. It was almost routine. The girl charged from the stairs, took a decent lunge, wrapping her arms and legs around him in the process. Quite atheletic actually.

((Really? wow.. and I thought I was one of the uncommmons x[ should have named him Vincent heh.. then again that sometimes is common to, I have done that before... the whole confusion over rp names heh..))

Seth watched seeing the smile that seemed to appear across her face, it seemed to be just an act so it seemed and as he watched the parents seemed to move out of the way as she started to run towards him, he prepared for what was to be next. Although she had mainly latched onto him, his own arms held her rather easily before an evident smile crossed his face "Now that is more like you Mina.."

A gentle laughed escaped him as slowly he walked, holding her before looking over at their parents "Just like good times.., were do you want to be put down?"

"Um... where's your stuff? You did bring stuff right? You're staying a little while right? I mean... right?"

Their parents were sometimes slightly troubled by her behavior around him. It seemed like he was her favorite toy, and although not perverse, their parents sometimes worried about the possibilities.

"You can put me down anywhere, you're early."

The two for quite some time had always been rather close, and Seth although never directly hearing it from his parents.. he had heard once or twice they worried slightly about how close sometimes they seemed, still although being so close never had he suspected Mina would try to make something else happen as no signs had been shown. Well that he knew off..

"Of course.. I got a few days off.. but if I am lucky.. maybe a week at max,.. but then its back to work.." A slightly annoyed look crossed his face, he was not to fond of work but it brought in the money and allowed him his own house.. partially though he wished that she could come live with him but knew the parents of the two of them would refuse.

Slowly he let one arm slide away from her lightly lowering himself into a partial squat making it easier for her to get down and stand back up before a light smile crossed his face "Want to help me grab it from the car?.."

"Yeah, definitely." She smirked and nodded. "I just got my driver's license the other day. I can't wait to own my own car. Dad told me that I could get his old ride hanging out in the garage... but... it's green! Who the hell drives a green car anymore... plus it's from like... 1993. I'll get laughed at."

A small laugh escaped Seth upon hearing what was said, he remembered that car.. and being given the same offer but did not mention it. Instead he just lightly smiled now "Because of my insurance.. I will allow you to drive mine sometime, if you want to.. since I know for a fact that you would not get laughed at in, a modern car like mine.. unless of course you don't like it.." Slowly he walked outside making sure she was walking with him before pressing a button on his keyring which then exposed the clothes and a few assorted things he had brought for the couple of nights.. that he would be here.

"Are you serious? Your car's much cooler than dad's old piece of junk." She moved towards the trunk of the car and started to carry stuff out. "Your shoulders are wider. It looks so damn good!" She chuckled, "I did some growing of my own, I'm sure you've noticed, you just didn't say anything."

Another gentle laugh left his lips, it was purely the truth and so he spoke a few words in agreement "I know.." It was slightly a bit of a surprise to here Mina talk like that about a part of his body but Seth just accepted it as a compliment a small smile still on his face hearing what else she had said "I noticed.., the thought just never crossed my mind to say such a thing though.." In his hands now was most of the stuff he had brought over some left for her to carry.

"Soo... what are you doing tonight? If you aren't doing anything, I got this brand new movie rented, I wanted to go watch it, but dad was all like... stupid and you weren't here, so we can watch it tonight, right? That should be no problem right? Oh, and Margarita, that girl that was my friend, she got married to some guy from overseas, I think he's a pimp and she's just falling into his trap. She stopped talking to me because I told her he was old."

Seth nodded to her question, after all he had no plans for anything tonight at all, and so such a suggestion sounded like it would occupy some time although now he started to wonder what sort of movie it would be considering their father .. went a little silly over it. It was never unlike his sister to start talking.. and when you got her talking, she would just keep going.. quickly he chose the best moment for him to speak so that he was not interrupting. "I don't think it would be a problem... whats the movie about ? and as for your friend.. it is a shame but maybe she will talk to you again or come to her senses.." He had now started to walk inside with everything being in a few bags and that was it, Slowly he turned to face his sister speaking once more "Mina what room am I in?..."

((So I guess he never had a room there? So we'll just throw him in a guest room? Let me make something up.))

"What do you mean? Your room is still there. It's hardly touched. I go in there sometimes to try and remember you, but with most of your stuff not in there... it feels ghostly. We sometimes use it as a guest room, but we only had one guest. And he left a while ago. And Margarita won't listen to me. I just hope she doesn't end up dead for taking some other whore's old fart. The movie's just a pretty regular romantic, action-packed drama. Dad didn't want to go see it, because the protagonists that fall in love are related, in the movie. So, it's a little... skeeving to some."

((More the fact it has been a while since he had lived there or visited so was unsure if it was still his room ))

Hearing those words he just lightly laughed gently before that quickly disappeared when she started to speak about Margarita again, "Well as long as your friend is happy I am sure she will be fine,.. She will probably come to her senses eventually,.. and as for the room that used to be mine here.. The only room I call my own, is at my own house.. so it's no surprise to hear it's a guest room now.." He slightly fell silent at what the movie was about, since after all the two of them were so close.. for siblings.. for relatives, but he figured it would not hurt to watch it "Sounds like the movie will be rather watchable.. but I guess we can both understand why our Dad would not want you to watch it.."

She laughed, following him. "Yeah..." She paused, "Wait... what?"

Eventually the two got into his room and the place seemed like he never left it... just of course, a bit emptier, and absolutely depressing without his belongings there. The only decoration was a small picture of the family when they were much younger. Even that picture itself looked bothersome.

Hearing her ask such a thing he just went quiet for a little before speaking "Never mind.. does sound rather interesting for a movie though" Although it was called his room, it sure did not feel it, the emptiness.. was something that had been left behind as he tried to move on from his family.. only one of them not really possibly to be able to do that to, that being his sister. "I don't know how any guest would be comfortable in this.."

"When Aaron lived here, he too spiced up this room his stuff. It wasn't a lot though. I spent a bunch of time with him, especially since you weren't around." She paused and sighed. "Well..." She brought her arms up and smacked them against her thighs. "Let's get you unpacked and comfy."

Seth never remembered really hearing about Aaron, but compared to their parents anyone would be reasonable to spend time with, although part of him wondered just exactly what she meant by saying that but decided not to ask instead. A soft smile came to his face before speaking once more "Yes lets.. and then if you want we can watch that movie you wanted to watch" Slowly he then started to begin to unpack putting clothes inside drawers and pulling out a few ornaments to make the room look at least.. slightly lived in at this moment, a purely empty room .. just had an uneasy feel about it, so at least it felt a little more comfortable.

"Yeah yeah sure. We'll watch it." She began arranging some of her stuff, feeling a slight bit of hesitation on his part as soon as she mentioned this Aaron person. She didn't have anything to hide though, facts are facts.
But maybe, she shouldn't have mentioned anything about him. Now something could be lingering in his mind.

"I'm going downstairs to pick up the movie. I'll be right back up okay? You want a soda, water, beer, juice, anything?"

Seth decided not to ask anything more about Aaron not really too interested in finding out but instead just finished what he had started in his room, .. which for the time being was just making it feel like a place that one could live in.. even if it was only for a few days before he would return to his own home.

"A soda for now.. I don't drink until much later.. if I drink" the fact was although he could getting going on alcohol it was not something he let his day revolve around and at this particular moment just did not feel like a beer.. or anything stronger even though such a thing never had been offered.

"Okay." Mina smiled and rushed down the stairs, almost missing a step. She was truly happy that Seth was home, it felt like she'd be able to make up some lost time, but knew that eventually he'd leave again, and leave her alone for another long haul.

She grabbed a couple of cranberry based soda pops and grabbed her movie, rushing back up the steps as if Seth would disappear if she didn't hurry.

"Here, I got it." She placed the soda on a counter and started to fondle with the DVD player.

"Hey, are you okay brother? You seem a little pensive."

Back
Top Bottom