Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For the love of imperfections

Luna

Supernova
I made this thread just for people who need reassurance that there are people out there who don't actively look for the ideal supermodel man or woman. Post the imperfection that you like or can look past on a partner.

Acne: I can see past this just because a lot of people have it. Sooner or later it will go away. However, it makes me sick when my friends talk about someone because of their pimples, especially if they're cute.

I'm sorta kinda involved with a girl right now, and she's able to look past my many imperfections. It's a pretty rad feeling.

I'm a little bit shy because of how I look, yet everyone who's seen me think's I'm fine, plus I'm fun to hang out with, so that helps ^____^

I'm a sadistic misogynist who gets off on strangling women unconscious.

So far - not a lot of luck when I'm honest about that. Thankfully the world is full of women with no self-esteem. :lol:

I like my men a little on the flabby so when I lay down on their stomach its like a pillow. <333

Heh, a bit of flab is natural anyway ^___^ I can't stand people who freak out when they gain a kg or two XD

My wife likes me the way I am, since I'm fit enough thanks to the military, but not muscled enough to be uncomfortable against. And I like her the way she is despite her worries that she's too heavy, because I like to have a handful to grab and not be afraid of breaking. X3

Virulent said:
I'm a sadistic misogynist who gets off on strangling women unconscious.

So far - not a lot of luck when I'm honest about that. Thankfully the world is full of women with no self-esteem. :lol:

You and my hubby would get along perfectly. Except we abuse the whores together. ;)

To be honest, it's really hard to look past imperfections. They're distracting.

But, if the person shows that there is something interesting about them, then I do actively attempt to ignore said imperfections. Otherwise, they are usually tossed around in conversation only being known by said imperfection.

Somehow Dramamine, I don't think you're perfectly flawless without a single imperfection. That actually makes me cringe that you wouldn't even bother to look past imperfections and just assume they're gross until they 'prove their worth.' Does it get lonely up there on your pedestal?

Now, I personally look past a lot of imperfections. I don't mind a guy who's chubby or a bit overweight. Obese? I probably couldn't look past that. But personally, I think an extra few pounds are cute. I also don't go for people who are so skinny their bones are jutting out of their skin. I try to look into personality more, though I can't overlook everything. Really bad teeth gross me out so hard, and I don't like a ton of acne. I can't help it, it just makes me cringe.

When a person judges another by their imperfections it shows not only a lack of intelligence and basic humanity, but also it makes it apparent that the one doing said judging is attempting to make up for something quite personal. Perhaps they are trying to hide their own imperfections by poking fun at those of another person. Furthermore, an outside observer could state, likely correctly, that the inability to look beyond an individuals imperfections, and also, by proxy, making fun of said imperfections, is an imperfection on its own.

Tis all in how you look at it. Cheers!

I'm quite aware of my imperfections. Painfully aware. That's why I keep as many as I can covered up. Most of my imperfections lie in my personality. Those are easier to hide than my physical ones.

But yes, I honestly have a hard time looking past physical imperfections. I always have since I was little. It doesn't keep me from making friends, though I do carry a general disliking towards a majority of humanity. The friends I have are wonderful people because the managed to deal with their imperfections and be a better person for it.

Friend A has a lazy eye, fat that lingers in weird places on her gut, and blackheads I can't believe she can't see. She's the sweetest person I know. While her physical imperfections aren't terrible, they are distracting now and then. Especially her eyes, but I love her none the less. She's proven that she's worth my time. 8 years of it.

Friend B has a HUGE ass, tiny upper body, a nose on the large side, such frizzy hair it's barely managable, and tiny teeth making her smile look a little creepy. I've known her for 9 years and I wouldn't trade her in for anything else in the world.

And by 'prove their worth', it's not like it's some audition. I dwell on my mortality a lot. I only have so much time in this world and I don't waste it on people who are boring, inside and out. I prefer people with imperfections since I'm terrible with names. It's easier to identify someone by their imperfection, whether positively or negatively.

When people with blatant/obvious imperfections show their just as vapid as an everage looking person, they get the same treatment from me. If those same people have a quirk or something going for them, then I give them a chance and look past it.

We all judge people by what they look like at the initial first glance. You're a lying sack of crap if you say otherwise. It's how humanity has functioned for thousands of years. If you don't look a certain way, you get treated differently. This can be consciously or subcounsciously, but we do it. You can always reform your initial judgement, but it doesn't change the fact you made an opinion about this person before you reformed it.

I'm rambling at this point, but I'm not a cunt too often. And certainly not over acne or a shit haircut. Usually it's because the person with acne made some retarded remark in an overheard conversation that negates my ability to give a shit about them. Again, I prefer not to waste my limited time.

Wow... what a-uh. Wonderful way to pick friends? Look for someone who you can call the 'fat one' so it's easier to refer to them in conversation. Seems like you're just looking for people who are physically unappealing so you don't have to bother to remember their names or something.

I'm aware of the fact that we judge people on first glance, I never said otherwise. I'm not even sure why that came up. I guess the way you put all of this leaves such a painfully sour taste in my mouth though. It's like you can't see the actual person, and that instead of letting the physical make a first impression, you let it just become the person or something. I guess I just never would refer to my friends as "the one with terrible acne" or "the one who's got ratty hair." I try to learn my friend's names, or at least be polite enough not to shove their imperfections in their face. You probably haven't thought about this, but you aren't the only person in the world aware of their imperfections.

Chances are, if you refer to someone by them, it'll get around to their friends.. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you're making a bit of an ass out of yourself when you act that way. It probably makes people wonder what you say about them behind their back.

Also, I didn't need to hear about your friends, I really don't care about who you 'deem worthy.'

The people who are my friends, I refer to them by name. It's the people who aren't that are spoken of in a way I can remember them. I also don't speak amongst my friends discribing one another by their imperfections, I use names if they know the person and I refer to those they don't as "a friend of mine".

A lot of the things I speak about on the net aren't spoken aloud hardly ever. Usually, it's just between my husband and I because he's the one I spend most of my time with.

I only brought up my friends because I was attempting to show that even though they have distracting imperfections, I've looked past that and I see who they are on the inside. That's why their friends of mine and not aquaintences. Since many people confuse what a friend is and what an aquaintence is, I have few friends because they have shown that they are trustworthy, humorous, interesting, and many other qualities I seek in friendships.

I apologize if the way I'm wording things is making me sound like a twat or some horrible person. I'm trying to get a few difficult concepts out into text that bares little emotion. That's what kills me so much. I can't express exactly what I'm thinking because inflection and tone have so much to do with communication. If there's anything that I've left confusing, I would like to clear it up if you'd like me to.

I honestly mean no harm to anyone, I just have a difficult time with names and faces, but things that stand out allow me to remember people and places by. I have a terrible time if people give me directions with street names only and no landmarks. It's just really hard to remember. Please don't take the way I try to function in social aspects as some rude and terrible way to treat/talk about people. I'm just trying to remember things and it just happens to be an imperfection that helps me. *sighs and shrugs*

The only thing I just can't get passed is people who intentionally make themselves twig thin. Otherwise I don't care what you look like, or how you act.

What I can't look past is a lack of personality, and closemindedness. *shrugs* I have tried but that's a tough one to get around. I'm from a very openminded background, so I clash with closeminded people.

And my s.o.s looks past all of my million different imperfections, and makes me feel like a goddess.

Back
Top Bottom