Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Behind the Mask (butterfly0408/Kolath)

She smiled and did indeed follow after him, "You need not worry about that. I only wish to be with your from now until the end of time. Where will you whisk me away too love? Some tall tower? Or a desert island?"

He smiled suddenly pulling her close and pressing her back against the wall. his hand brushed down over her side along her tight thigh growling as he pressed close against her. â??I donâ??t worry about you my love I worry about the boys keeping their hands to themselves.â? He kissed her deeply pulling one of her legs up a bit so it could wrap around his waist. â??And I was just thinking of somewhere to be alone with you I donâ??t care where.â?

Paige's eyes were wide and surprised, but smiling still. "Cameron, anyone could walk down this hallway," she scolded quietly with a blush on her cheeks. "I have you now to watch over me. I don't fear the boys when I know you will always be here with me."

He smirked nipping her neck lightly rubbing his hand down her leg suggestively â??I know donâ??t you find that exciting lover.â? He smirked kissing her neck softly before he stepped back a little letting her escape if she wanted too. â??Mmm we do have work to do my love.â?

She sighed a little, "I want to get this over with Cameron. I have waited to long to have you and now that I know it was that bastard that kept you from me..." she was clenching her fists tight, "I want him to pay for all this. What he did to you, to me... what he would have done had you not returned..."

Cameron leaned in and silenced his love with a kiss not wanting her to stress herself over much. his hand brushed along her cheek nuzzling her lips with his softly. â??I know love and he will pay for it we will see to it but you donâ??t need to think on about what would have happened because we are now together and nothing will ever separate us again.â?

"You promise?" she asked smiling, but did not wait for a reply before she kissed him once more.

Soon, they stood at the entranceway to the dungeon under the manor. The moment the door was opened, Everett's cursing and yelling was heard. It was amazing how sound tight it was before it was opened. But now, Paige clung a little to Cameron's arm as they started to descend downward.

Cameron wrapped an arm around Paigeâ??s waist cringing a little at the language coming from the cell. He leaned in kissing Paigeâ??s neck once before leading her down the stairs leaving her to stand just outside of the cells sight range. Slipping the mask on he took back on the air of lord Montros before stepping into the sight of Everett. â??My, my lord Everett such language coming from a noble mouth if hardly fitting.â? Everetts eyes were flashing in anger, he had been well taken care of during this time though you wouldnâ??t know that by how he was cursing about it. â??You! You did this to me you took Paige away. I will kill you when I get out of here.â? He slammed against the bars reaching out to grab Cameron but he was just out of reach.

Paige put her hand over her mouth to stay quiet. Everett's language and behavior shocked her. He had never know him to be like this before. He was nuts. Listening in, she waited to hear what she needed to.

Cameron shook his head, â??She is a pretty thing you have there.â? His eyes flicked for a second to Paige to be sure she knew he was playing a part and didnâ??t mean it the way it came out. â??Must have been a great catchâ?¦you would have done anything to have wasnâ??t she?â?

Everett growled backing up from the bars a sly look in his eyes. â??What of it?â?

â??You were lucky that no other man was there to take her heart. Seeing as she told me clearly that she doesnâ??t love you.â?

Everett growled yelling, â??Damn that girl how can she still have feelings for that bastard. He had nothing to offer her yet she fawned over her.â?

Cameron smirked, â??So there was another guy, and it seemed she was his, so why is she with you?â?
Everett glared at him coming back close to the bars sneering, â??He died in the war she was so broken about it that she turned to me.â? There was a smirk on his face, â??Many the times were when she came to my bed seeking comfort in the late hours of the night.â?

Cameron didnâ??t hold back slamming his fist into Everettâ??s face through the bars, â??Your lying she was a virgin last night.â? He took out a key and opened the cell tossing the key back onto the floor locking him and Everett inside. â??Come on you want a piece of me take it!â? there was the sound of a short fight before a body was thrown to the ground with a groan. Cameronâ??s voice rang out clearly the one that was still standing, â??I know men like you tell me the truth you killed her lover didnâ??t you?â?

Paige knew he was only baiting Everett, she'd never hold that against him. Listening in more and more, she was happy to have decided to put her hand over her mouth. She would have made far to many noises that would give her away for certain by now.

As their conversation seemed to intensify, Paige could feel the tension in the air building and building. And when Everett lied and tried to make her seem like a common whore, she almost ran around the corner to punch him herself. How happy she was to have Cameron defend her honor. There was one moment when he yelled out about the night before she cringed a little. That was their business, not Everett's. Especially since right now, Everett did not know the truth of who the masked man was. It seemed, without the last bit of knowledge, that she really was a whore and for just one little moment felt dirty.

The moment was quickly gone when she heard the fight breakout and her heart skipped a beat. She feared for Cameron. What would happen if Everett got out of there? What then? Thankfully that did not happen though, and Paige gave out a sigh of relief when she heard Cameron, knowing he was the one still standing.

That was when the moment of truth finally arrived. If he was ever going to confess... this was when he would do it.

Everett growled spitting out blood and snapped at Cameron, â??Yes I killed him what of it! it was easy too he didnâ??t have the stomach for the war anyway. All he talked about was peace and making home alive.â?
Cameron growled turning his back on Everett realizing that he had locked himself in there with the key laying on the floor out of reach. â??He trusted you didnâ??t he? He thought you were his friend and wanted nothing but his best for him and Paige. â??

Standing slowly Everett growled, â??You think you know so much but you donâ??t know anything!â? Everett rushed Cameron thinking he had the upper hand.

It didnâ??t take long for Cameron to have flipped him over pinning him to the wall and slamming the chains around his wrists. â??Thank for the My lord Everett you have no idea how helpful you have been.â?

"Very helpful, indeed," came Paige's voice a moment before she appeared from around the corner, into Everett's view at last. Their was silence before she saw Everett making a move to try and speak, but she cut him off, "You shut your lying mouth! It's my turn to talk now. You've had yours. And I heard ever single word. Time for you to listen to what I have to say."

The whole while that she spoke, Paige made her way across the floor, picking up the key and making her way to let Cameron out of the cell. "You have robbed me Everett. Oh my happiness, my life, my morals even, everything. If not for you and damn lust and greed, I would have been happy all this time. You tried to take the one thing away from me that matter most in my life." By now, she had the door open and waited for Cameron to come out of the cell and join her.

"But now it's my turn. It's time to take all that makes you happy away from you. Let you know how it feels." The door swung shut once more, locking him inside with Cameron and Paige on the outside. "I gave myself to this man last night Everett. The one thing you have fought for, tired to kill for, you can never have it now. It belongs to him. I belong to him. The one man I have always belonged to." Reaching up, Paige took Cameron's mask, gently removing it and showing Everett the truth of what was behind the mask.

Cameron did come out quickly moving over to her smiling as she reached up to take his mask. He loved how she claimed him as her own, no longer did he just claim her but she now claimed him. After his mask was removed he looked right into Everettâ??s eyes and smirked, â??You tried to take me away from the one I loved,â? he turned back to look at Paige brushing his fingers along her cheek. â??But death can not stop true love,â? he smirked, â??All it can do is delay it for awhile.â?

She smiled, having only eyes for him in that moment. It was like Everett was not even there for that time as she leaned in ad gave him a gentle kiss. It was only after that she turned her attention back to Everett, walking right up to the bars and holding them as she glared in at him, "It's over Everett. Your games and most certainly the engagement." Before he could protest that, she went on, "And you will be civil about this Everett. Think of it as a trade. You let me go, keeping the scandal of a broken engagement down low as well as the last few days here in Cameron's home and no one ever has to know what you tried to do. Your dark secret goes to the grave with the three of us. And just think how good you will look. When your finace's true love, your dear old friend was discovered to be alive and well, you let he go back to the man she lost. It's poetic really..."

Smiling Cameron moved up behind Paige kissing her neck after brushing her hair to one side. â??It is rather poetic in both ways. Both in romantic to the other people and in the justice sense also.â? He pulled Paige close against his body kissing her neck again loving how strong she was being. He knew that once they were out of here he would have to have her and if they didnâ??t hurry he might just take her here and now in front of Everett. His hand brushed over her back rubbing along her spine and the line of clasps holding her dress closed making it clear his need.

She was holding up this strong persona on the outside, but she was screaming in fear on the inside. This was the first time she had ever really taken a stand for herself, especially against Everett. The man had basically been like her puppet master these last few years and she was here, cutting the strings at last. She could feel Cameron behind her and wanted to leave this place with him, looking just as strong to her former fiance. She could get sick in private later, "What say you Everett? Are we all at an understanding?"

Cameron could feel the gentle tremors running through her body. He knew what this was doing to her and he gently pulled her close letting her knew that he was here for her. he knew that she wouldnâ??t be able to keep it up much longer

Everett sneered at her. â??You think that I will let this go without a fight?! Never! You will come back to me and you Cameron will be dying again for what you have done to me here!â? Everett laughed pulling at his chains, â??You didnâ??t know I was one of the kings favorates did you? No? Haha, I have you there is nothing that can stop me.â?

Cameron couldnâ??t help but start laughing, he kissed Paigeâ??s neck softly and turned them both toward the door. â??I did know that, and you know what.â? He smirked at Everett, â??I am the kingâ??s personal advisor and he knows the whole story because it was his wizard that found me in the rubble where you left me for dead.â? He nodded to the door wanting Paige to go first.

Paige could not hide her own surprise as she turned to give him a look. No words, but her expression said 'You are?' as well as 'You were?' at the same time. That was only more they would need to talk about later on. But for now, she had taken just about all she could handle. Taking the lead from his nod, she nodded back and heading off in the direction of the door, not giving Everett even a second glance. She hoped she would never have to look at him ever again.

Cameron started to follow her out but Everett had other ideas, â??Damn you Cameron you never could do anything right even dying was too hard for you to do.â?

Turning back for a moment Cameron sighed shaking his head, â??No Everett I could never let you get the best of me in anything life, love or war. I always had to work harder at it rather than having it handed to me. One of my mend will be down to take you back to your house. You are no longer welcome in my home, ever.â?

Cameron followed after Paige closing the door on Everettâ??s cursing. Slipping up behind Paige he held her close. â??You were wonderful my love I know how tough that was on you.â?

Paige turned around quickly wrapping her arms around him and burying her face in his chest, shivering a little bit. She didn't speak, just sighed a little and held herself to him. She needed his strength now for she had used up ever last bit of her own just then. Things were racing in her head, things she knew needed to be taken care of. All her personal items still at Everett's manor. Her family's land taken out of his name. But right now, she just could not do any of that.

He gently stroked her hair and back pulling her close against him. leaning down he kissed her neck and ear lightly trying to calm her. his hand stroked over her back and waist soothing her. â??I know my dear it I understand, I know how hard it was for you to do that but donâ??t worry I am here now you will never have to worry again about Everett.â? He gently leaned her head back and kissed her lips softly holding her close letting her move back to burying herself in his chest if she wanted.

Paige just smiled up at him a moment before sighing, finally feeling at peace for the first time a long time. "You know what Cameron? I know. And I feel free. Like I have had chains holding me down for as long as I can recall, but you have helped me break my chains." She raised herself up on her toes to kiss him soft and gentle again. "I think that everything is right in our world once again."

And amazingly enough, it was true what Paige said. Things were so calm and smooth after that. Everett went home and quietly the engagement was broken. It was a scandal for all of a day until Lord Montros' identity was revealed at Cameron. And just as it was predicted by Paige, it became a grand story of love and romance. Everyone came out smelling like a rose in the matter. Paige and moved home with her family, though she spent everyday still with Cameron. If not at his home then he came to hers. And his magic came in handy for a little midnight hanky panky now and then.

Plans for their wedding went into full swing. It seemed that no matter who she was marrying, Paige was destined to have the wedding of the season. Flowers were picked, a gala party was planned, guest lists made, and before any of them knew it, it was the day before the wedding. Paige and her family were having dinner at Cameron's house and would all spend the night, of course far from each other. Superstition was a big thing for them and bride and groom could not see one another from midnight until the next day at the wedding.

After dinner, Paige and Cameron were taking a light stroll in the gardens, hand in hand. "This is it Cameron. This is the last time we will be together as Cameron and Paige. Tomorrow we will be husband and wife. Oh, I have butterflies in my stomich already!"

Cameron smiled and squeezed her hand lightly walking through the moonlit garden hedges on all sides giving them total privacy. â??I know Paige it doesnâ??t almost seem real.â? He brought her hands up to his lips kissing her knuckles lightly smiling at her. â??I thought I had lost you those years ago when Everett had tried to kill me.â? He smiled more his hand coming up and brushing against her cheek as he leaned in and kissed her lips lightly. It was chaste at this moment not wanting to push her anywhere but there was a soft growl from his lips as he leaned back a little smiling.

Cameron looked down on her in awe of her beauty, even now more then ever the moonlight played in her blonde curls and he couldnâ??t resist reaching up and brushing his fingers through her soft blonde hair looking down into her eyes. â??I love you my butterfly I love you more then I can ever say.â? He kissed her again deeper this time.

She smiled into his kiss and sighed a little, resting her hand gently upon his chest. "Oh Cameron, this is all perfect. So romantic and exactly how I want things to be. I almost don't want the night to end." Her smile only grew larger then, if that was at all possible, "And yet I can't wait for it to end, for then it will be tomorrow. And tomorrow I am going to become your wife. OH! And you will be my husband! It's simply a dream come true." Paige's lips frowned into a little pout then, "It only saddens me that I won't be able to see you at all after we part now. At least I will be able to send you my little gift. I hope you will love it when you see it!"

Back
Top Bottom