Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anger from the Heart (Krad + Charmed)

Krad_Nogard

Supernova
David looked down at the invitation in his hand. A wedding invitation, detailed with lots of little ribbons and flowers inviteing him to the wedding of ________ and Winston Griffton. His chest felt like a very large person was standing on it. He read the letter through several times, starting to feel sick. He knew he shouldn't, he should be happy for her. That's what he'd always told himself, that he was happy she was happy.

It'd been a few months since he'd talked to her last, aside from little comments here and there on the internet. He couldn't remember the last time they'd spent any time togeather either. Every time they talked, they always talked about hanging out soon, but it never happened for some reason. The invitation in his hand looked more like a life sentance, finally telling him it was over.

It was a week before her wedding and Tansy was beyond nervous. Winston was a great man and would be a great husband, she had no doubts about that. I'm just nervous like every bride before her wedding she thought to herself as she sat in front of her mirrored vanity and brushed her long blond hair.

David used to love to brush out her hair for her, she remembered fondly. She wondered if he would attend the wedding or not, considering the eternal crush he'd always had on her. Well, maybe more than just a 'crush' she reluctantly conceded. But surely he's gotten over me by now..

He stood up, almost zombie like, and slowly began fuddeling around in the cabinet till he found what he was looking for. He never really drank much, but as he lowered the bottle of vodka down to the counter and opened it, he didn't really care, he just wanted to relax and think for a moment. He grabbed a half empty snapple from the fridge and filled the empty half with vodka, shook it and took a long drink.

His mind was argueing with itself, trying all at once to tell him what to do. Part of him knew he should, and felt obligated to go since they'd been friends so long, but the other half still deeply resented her. He coughed and cleared his throat, feeling nausia setting in. He looked at the letter on the table as he took another long drink.

With a sudden urge to find out for sure, she decided to call him and ask him directly. It had been a while since they had last spoken but she couldn't imagine him not being happy to hear from her- he always was in the past anyway.

As she grabbed her cell phone and dialed his number, she suddenly paused before she hit "Send". She felt a tiny flicker of uneasiness in her stomach as she thought back on their last conversation. She had promised to stay in touch with him after her last break up with Tom, a guy who was totally wrong for her. And David had been there for her like he always was , to help her pick up the pieces- yet again. She knew he wanted more than a friendship and throughout the duration of their relationship, she had actually considered it- especially after Tom- but then she had met Winston... She feared she may have really hurt his pride that last time, which was why she hesitated before she finally ended up hitting "Send".

She almost hung up after 6 rings and still no answer but then finally, on the 7th ring he picked up- " David? It's me, Tansy!"

He was begining to feel more relaxed now that the snapple bottle was empty. His cell phone vibrated and he reched in quickly and pulled it out. He saw her number and froze... considering what to do. Finally he flipped it open. "Hello?" He asked, trying to sound as relaxed as he could, he didn't want her to sense anything.

"Oh hey." He said, thinking not to mention the invitation yet, let her bring it up. "What's up?"

" Well, how have you been? It's been a while, and I wanted to know if you.....well, if you received the wedding invitation I sent...I wasn't sure if....well, I just wanted to see if you planned on going?"

She tried to hide her reaction to his obvious "cold" tone of voice- he didn't seem too thrilled to hear from her afterall....

"Oh yeah, I just got it." He said looking down at it. He tried to make his voice sound friendly. "So you're really getting married?" He asked in a playful disbeleiveing way.

"So you're really getting married?"

She could hear the tension in his voice even though he tried to hide it from her. " Yeah...crazy huh?" she felt extremely uncomfortable discussing the subject with him now, which sucked because it was the whole reason she'd called him in the first place.

" Listen David, I hope that you can forgive me for the last time we talked...and, well.... I know it may have looked like I led you on but, I really did want to go out with you and see where things went like I told you,....it's just that well, then I met Winston....and .." she paused from her hurried explanation for a minute.

" David? are you still there?"

"Yeah I'm here." He said after a moment. "It's no big deal ya know." He said, suprised at the calmness of his own voice. "I think it's great you've finall found someone that makes you happy." He'd practiced that line a hundred times in his mind, but never liked it.

"Thanks David....uh, listen......maybe we could meet for a drink, ya know for old times sake..I'd really like to see you...what do you think?" I could come by and pick you up, say in a half hour?" her heart raced in her chest while she waited to hear his response.

"Yeah... sure. That'd be fun." His mind jumped back reluctantly to the other times they'd planned to spend time togeather, but they never happened. He shook off the negative thoughts and cleared his throat. "See you in 30 minuets?" He said, comfirming the time.

After confirming with him that he still lived at the same address, she hung up and started to get ready.

She dressed in a pair of low rise jeans that hung low on her hips and a tight fitting shirt that showed off her generous cleavage and a pair of black heels that made her appear just a bit taller. She left her long blond hair straight, just how David used to like it.

Winston was out of town until the next day so she didn't have to worry about him finding out- not that she was doing anything wrong....really.

29 minutes later, Tansy rang David's doorbell while she anxiously waited for him to answer....

While waiting he'd taken another shot of vodka, just for good measure, then decided to get his things. There wasn't much to get really, so he sat on the couch and waited for most of the time. He herd the bell and got up, moving to the door. "Heya." He said happily as he opened it. In a good mood mostly because of the alcohol. "Ready to go?"

She smiled at him, " I'm ready!" she said and then probably surprised him by wrapping her arms around him and giving him a hug. "It's really good to see you again, David" she didn't let go immediately which surprised her, he felt solid and strong and she liked that feeling surrounding her.

He wasn't expecting the hug, but as soon as he saw the motion he awnsered it. Putting one arm around her lower back, holding her protectivly, while the other went around her shoulder giving her his chest to lean on. "It's good to see you." He said, his voice was loud enough for only her to hear as they embraced.

She pulled away reluctantly and gave him a nervous smile, " Well, I guess we should get going"

They drove to a small and cozy bar "Charlie's" that was almost empty except for a few out of town businessmen. There was a small dancefloor and several booths , which they sat at.

"Sure." He turned and walked to her car with her. Walking a few steps behind.

He sat down accross from her in the small circular booth. The waitress handed them both a menu and said "I'll give you some time." David opened it and started looking through it. "Can you still drink as much as you used to?" He asked, remembering how she always used to go to plenty of beer pong and hooka parties when they were younger. He never really aproved of how much she drank, always too much. But he'd gotten over it and stopped caring, just let her have a good time.

She chuckled, "Well, Yes and No...yes I can drink as much as ever, but rarely do...only on special occasions really" she recalled how for a while he was always trying to get her to "slow down" but she never listened to him. I guess he got tired of trying she thought to herself.

When the waitress came back, she ordered a Vodka Sour and looked at him, " What are you drinking tonight?"

He nodded as they made convorsation. Then put the menu aside once the waitress came back. "Give me a double shot rum and coke." He told her. She smiled and took the menues from them.

He turned back to her once the waitress left. "So how's work been going?" He always liked hearing about her day more than most other topics.

"So how's work been going?"

" Ah well, actually, I've taken a temporary leave of absence...ya know with the wedding coming up and all, there has just been so much to do...besides, I don't know if being the manager at a clothing store is really what I want to do anymore, ya know?"

The waitress brought their drinks to them then and Tansy insisted on paying. "I insist, I'm the one who invited you afterall"

"Nah it's ok. I've got it. My treat." He said and put the money on the table. He took his drink and sipped it slowly. "So what do you want to do?"

She drank her drink rather quickly and ordered another before she answered him, " Well, that depends...do you mean what do I want to do tonight or what do I want to do with my life?" she smiled at him rather coyly wondering what his reply would be.... and what it was she wanted it to be...

"Well..." He said knocking back half of his drink. "... both are good questions. Awnser both." He swirled the ice in his glass as he spoke. He took another sip before setting it down. He thought the question was pretty obvious to him what he ment, and he wasn't sure what she was getting at.

"... both are good questions. Awnser both."

Half-way through her second drink now, she was already feeling the effects of the alcohol which made her much less reserved with her answer.

" Well, I don't know yet what I want to do with my life- ya know as a career...I have thought about going back to school for my nursing degree...I'm just not sure..." she said as she finished her second drink and waved at the waitress for another. They sat in comfortable silence for a minute or so, and then she said " and as far as what I want to do tonight, with you....... maybe I'd like to make up for all the missed chances, to know what it feels like to be with you..to have you make love to me.." she stopped when the waitress brought her third drink over. Then as soon as she walked away, she whispered just loud enough for him to hear, " So? What do you say?"

Back
Top Bottom