Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Name pending...>> (Hav and I)

Zalvek

Pulsar
"Well Ms. Weatherly, you seem to be doing well lately, I hope you're comfortable here?"

The elderly woman gave a rather toothy grin and gazed at the young doctor with a eyes hidden by wrinkly folds. She replied in a raspy voice, "I'm just fine dear. You've been so good to me since I came in..." Matthew returned a small smile and looked over his clipboard for a moment to update her status. "It's my job Ms, Weatherly to make sure you're comfortable during your stay here. If there's anything that you may need, please let us know. Now excuse me, I must be on my way to finish my check ups for the day."

With a nod, the doctor raised his black-rimmed glasses up his nose before curling his clipboard around his arm and heading down the hall. With a sigh, his blue eyes looked to the windows and out to the city landscape. It was a beautiful warm day in the summer, and it was this kind of day that made him content. An itch covered his scalp for a moment and his hands moved to graze through his amber hair. There were only a few more patients to check up for the rest of the day, and then he could get some much needed rest.

Tomas adjusted the shirt he wore beneath his doctor's coat. He didn't ever button up the coat, and always left it open, and so he had to be more proper in his attire. He adjusted the buttons on his black shirt, exposing a little of his throat so he could breathe better. He didn't all like dressing so proper, but it was the way things went at the hospital. His amethyst gaze caught sight of one of the nurses and he smiled at her, which caused a blush to form on her pale cheeks. She smiled back lightly before doing her rounds. She was a cute little thing, but he was more interested in one of the other doctors of the male persuasion. Sighing lightly as he combed his fingers through his auburn red hair, Tomas went to check on some of his recovering patients.

He hummed lightly to himself, always in a light mood, though his expressions were always serene. He checked on some of the child patients first, making sure they were comfortable and not in a lot of pain. They had gone through intense surgery and it pained his heart to see them in such a state. He adjusted some of their dosages, knowing that some of them got nausea from certain medications. It was a tedious but worthwhile process to make sure that the patients he looked after were all right. Exiting Samantha's room, Tomas shut the door gently before walking down the hall, jotting down a few notes about her machine print outs.​

Matthew shut the door to Mr. Benning's room as he gave him a small farewell. It was always nice to give his patients the news of no longer having to stay in the hospital. The smiles on their faces were all a part of the reason that he loved this job so very much. With a heavy sigh he stretched his arms while walking down the hall. After a long day of work, he had finally finished up his routes and was pretty much free for the rest of the day. Aside from just doing some basic paperwork and a final quick check up on his patients, he would be set to do... Well quite frankly he wasn't all entirely sure about it.

Being the single male that he was, most of his night life consisted of going home to his small puppy and watching TV. He would have spent more time to date and get to know women but... Most of the dates he ended up going on ended in disaster it seemed. When he thought about it though, he had plenty of time in his life to worry about love. For now, in these early years it would have been better for him to focus on his job. He nodded to himself to confirm before walking down the stairs.

"Ah, Doctor Cornick, you finishing up for the day?"

Tomas asked as he looked up from his clip board detailing all his patients. He had to check on a few of his adult patients before he could check out of his shift, which was a relief since he had been working since five in the morning and it was now reaching roughly five in the afternoon. He wanted to go home and relax with his pets and some vodka, but seeing Matthew Cornick made him think of other things that he would like to do. But he kept those thoughts and reactions to himself.

"I'm about to check out myself in a few minutes....would you care to join me for a drink at the bar later?"

He asked politely, smiling gently at the younger doctor. He felt heat stirring in his blood, but he kept his expression pleasant. He didn't want to scare the other man, obviously, since he figured him to be full-on straight, unlike Tomas himself who dabbled amongst both sexes.​

Matthew blinked and looked up and around to see Dr. O'Riley behind him. He smiled softly and nodded his head while scribbling a few final notes onto his small notepad. "Ah, hello Dr. O'Riley... Yes I'm just about finished up for the day." His eyes looked up at the much older, much more experienced doctor with a gaze of curiosity and envy. He was older, well-liked, and one of the best doctors not only in this hospital but also the county as well. Simply having him talk to him was rather an honor in ways. He stammered a bit while looking down at his notepad, trying to hide his rather flustered state. "Y-You don't have to call me Dr. Cornick sir, just Matthew is fine..."

He continued to walk, but it seemed that the other doctor was headed in the same direction as him. For the most part Matthew was silent until spoken to. That is, until Dr. O'Riley made his proposition and his head literally swung around to meet his eyes. "A drink... Just us you mean?" He had always heard about it before from some of the other doctors. After a long day in the Emergency Room, the doctors would all go for a drink. Of course what with Matthew being a relatively new doctor, he was rarely invited. Oh the questions he could ask him...! The idea alone made him want to jump up in excitement, but he did his best to keep level-headed about things. "That would be very nice, I think... When is your shift over sir?"

Tomas smiled at Matthew's flustered state. It made him more appealing, more...pure? He wasn't sure exactly, but he simply liked Matthew for both his physical attractiveness and his intellectual contributions. He smiled warmly at the young man and watched the expressions flow across his face. He laughed softly at the boy's innocence as he walked beside him and fondly patted him on the shoulder.

"No need to be so formal, you can call me Tomas. And yes, it will probably be just the two of us tonight, since the others took later shifts. My shift ends in..."

Tomas checked his watch a moment, looking at the small numbers on the watch strapped to his left wrist that hid one of his tattoos.

"In fifteen minutes. You can meet me out in the parking lot after you are done, all right? I'll take us over to the bar if that's all right with you."

He smiled at Matthew, knowing how close the two of them walked and how the boy's breath seemed slightly quicker than when they had first started talking.​

"Ah, alright then... Tomas." It was unusual calling Dr. O'Riley by his first name. It was like a stage or companionship he always longed for, but never possessed. And now that it was finally in his possession, it seemed just peculiar and awkward to him.

He checked the time as well, by pulling out his cell phone and gazing over the display for a moment. "Let's see here... My shift is actually over right now..." He assumed that they would just meet each other at the bar and was surprised to here that he offered to take him there as well. "Ah, alright then, I'll just be waiting for you down in the parking lot then." When they reached the end of the hall, he looked over towards the left and then turned back to smile at the older doctor, "Well then, I'll see you in a little bit then Dr O- I mean Tomas..." He nodded and walked off the hall to take off his coat and gather his things.

Smiling at Matthew, Tomas lightly ruffled the younger man's hair.

"All right. I'll meet you out there shortly."

Chuckling lightly to himself, Tomas headed to his office and filled out some of the important paperwork that needed to get done. Such as prescriptions that needed adjustment and symptoms that needed to be checked out again. His patients were recovering but he was still worried about some of their progress. His two transplant patients weren't taking so well to the drugs to stop their bodies from rejecting the organs, so their healing was very slow. He knew that unless their bodies started accepting the organs, at least for awhile, they would have to remove the parts and try again. It was a terrible process to go through, and might take another year to complete if their bodies didn't heal well enough.

Sighing, he removed his coat and unbuttoned some of the buttons of his shirt, feeling a little freer now that his shift was over. He punched out for the day and gathered his bag and things as he waved to other doctors that were taking the night shift and such. Roughly twenty minutes since he spoke to Matthew, Tomas entered the parking lot to seek the younger man out.​

Matthew squirmed a bit under the doctor's touch. It was nice that he was being so kind to him though, treating him almost as if he were a younger brother in ways... It was the sort of attention that he always wanted and was glad to have now. He hurried to gather his single messenger bag and slung it over his shoulder before heading out to the parking lot.

It was at this point that he realized he had no idea what Tomas' car was or looked like. He bit his lip and wandered for a while, unsure of where to start looking. Would it have been a nice expensive sports car, or a large SUV? He had no idea truly. All the more he spent his time idly running through the aisle of cars in an attempt to find the right car with no assumptions of what it was. After a while it seemed almost futile to find it and a heavy sigh came from the young man. Until he saw a silhouette out of the corner of his eye and gazed eagerly, hoping it was the doctor as he started to walk towards it.

Tomas waved to Matthew who seemed a little distraught. He probably hadn't been able to figure out which car belonged to the elder doctor which made him smile. As pleasant and sincere as Tomas seemed, he owned one of few large trucks in the parking lot. His was shiny with care rather than newness, and two toned black and green. He came up to Matthew and draped an arm over the man's shoulder and led him towards the large vehicle . It looked ready for anything.

"So, lad. Hungry or wanting a drink first?"

It was only after hours that Tomas's accent flitted out more heavily. He had a slight one during the job, but once his shift ended, he let his accent slip in more thoroughly. Smiling enough that his eyes sparkled in the slightest, he pressed the button that unlocked his truck as he released Matthew to slip into the driver's side.​

When Matthew could see that it was in fact Tomas he sighed in relief. It was good to know that he didn't have to wander awkwardly around this parking lot anymore. He looked over and saw the large truck and blinked. How in the world did he possibly miss something as large as that...? It made him feel kind of silly in ways now.Still, he didn't think about it much as he walked towards the car.

He smiled over at Tomas. Lad... He never really heard him say it before. But it was cute in ways; very charming. He looked over at the man and thought for a moment, "Um... Well perhaps we should get something to eat first then? It's a bit early to drink now that I think about it... After all the sun is still up." He smiled softly and pointed outside of the window right at the setting sun.

Tomas buckled in, watching the light expression on Matthew's face that made him smile in turn. He liked this boy's company, and the person even more. Turning the beast on, the engine of the truck roared to life as he put it into reverse before shifting into drive and exiting the parking lot. He looked to Matthew as he got onto the main road and spoke again.

"So laddie, where be it you might want to head to for dinner?"

Rolling down one of his windows to get some fresh air, Tomas waited for an answer as he turned on the music, the volume low so he could listen to the young doctor.​

The roar of the engine made Matthew jump a bit. He felt embarrassed by his behavior and smiled sheepishly at Tomas. He tucked in his seat belt and nestled his body against the comfortable seating. His eyes wandered out to the window as he watched the scenery fly by. When the older doctor mentioned food, his eyes looked away while a finger went to his chin in thought.

"Ah, hm... I don't know really... Anything is fine with me I guess."

Softly he smiled and nodded his head, comfortable with his decision.

"All right then."

Tomas said with a smile as he revved the engine, wanting to see that faint look of shock again on Matthew's face. He liked seeing his expressions changed and despite Tomas's calm demeanor, he could be very predatory and demanding. But that was just in the bedroom. Chuckling faintly to himself, he turned the volume up on the music, metal oozing through the subwoofers. They drove a little ways until they came upon one of the local diners that Tomas frequented since it had such delicious food. He was craving a grilled hot dog and some fries, baked fresh in the oven. It was one of the healthier local diners, and one of his favorite places to take people. Pulling into his preferred spot, he turned off the car and unbuckled his seat belt.

"Hope you're hungry, they serve large portions here."

He said with a smile as he exited the vehicle and waited for Matthew to do the same. Once he was out, he locked the car with his remote and led the younger man inside to the delicious smell of quality cooked food.​

It was just a big instinctive, but he couldn't help but cling onto the seat when the car went even the slightest bit faster. This was so loud and powerful compared to his own small little Civic after all...The loud music wasn't any help either. Sure it sounded fine when it was an a lower volume, but now the bass was pounding into his poor skull. He would have been better off taking his own car, he though.

When they finally stopped, he was grateful and quickly got out of the car. He looked over at the diner's outer appearance. He had passed by it a number of times but this was the first he ever would go to one... He didn't mind it at all though, it would be nice change of pace compared to just eating at home. Now that he mentioned it though... It had been at least seven hours since he last ate, and Matthew was starved, the scent not helping at all.

Tomas slipped an arm about Matthew's shoulder. It was suppose to be casual, but the elder doctor felt the slightest bit of possession when held him thus. It was a different feeling then he was used to, since he hadn't been with anyone intimately in a very long time. But he would never force Matthew into anything of course. Yet he couldn't help but touch the other doctor. Entering the establishment, Becky, a perky little brunette with an adorable face greeted them and smiled knowingly at Tomas. He grinned faintly at her with a little shake of the head and she frowned in the slightest before perking right up again.

"Hallo, Tomas. Same table as usual, love? And who is your little friend? Another doctor, aye?"

Becky also had an accent, hers much more pronounced than Tomas's. She had brilliant green eyes and a sprinkling of freckles that made her even more adorable and irresistible. She winked at Matthew as she gathered two menus at a nod from Tomas.

"Evenin', Becky dove. How's the diner been doin' without me?"

He asked amiably as they were led to the table. Tomas would occasionally look down at Matthew to see if he was all right. Tomas had removed his arm from around Matthew's shoulder as he sat down in the semi-private booth. Becky cast a brilliant little smile at Matthew.

"The diner's been doing well, a' course. What did you think? But I'll be your server today, since Nora's out sick today. A wee bit of the flu, it seems. So, what can I getcha to drink?"

She smiled at Matthew.​

The doctor was friendly. Very friendly. It was kind of unsual almost, but Matthew didn't give a a second thought at all it seemed. He simply smiled and walked in with a friendly companion.The diner was quite... cozy seemed to be the right word for it. Plus that scent was just practically making him sallivate now as well. His eyes landed on a young girl, probably about his age, quite cute as well. He did his best not to stare and watched the two have a conversation. When they mentioned him he simply smiled softly and nodded.

He noted that the girl's name was Becky while following him towards the table. Since Tomas was so familiar with the girl, it seemed to him that he must have been quite frequent there. That certainly must have meant the food was at least good then though.

It took him a moment to notice the waiter addressing him. He stammered for a bit before calming down and saying, "Um... could I just get a diet coke please?"

"All right there, love. I'll bring that right up to ya. As for you, Tomas love? The regular?"

Becky cast Matthew a small wink at his slightly flustered expression. He was certainly attractive and well within what she considered her type, but she didn't want to stir anything up with Tomas. The man could be a little domineering...even if he was willing to share. Tomas smiled and nodded at the woman as she went away with their orders. He noticed how Matthew seemed so awestruck and he smiled faintly with a light sigh. Well, if he lost the boy to someone, it might as well to Becky. She certainly had a way about her that drew men and women alike to her like bees to flowers. And a what a flower she was...

"So, Matthew lad, What do you think of Becky?"

He broadened his smile in the faintest as he waited for his reaction to the question.​

The wink made his face get covered with a slight shade of pink. Just the slightest flirting and teasing from such a pretty girl was making Matthew's insides get all gnarled and twisted up inside. He watched her walk off, and for a moment he didn't even notice the doctor talking to him. It took him a moment and several blinks before he recovered himself and looked back towards Tomas, realizing that he was gawking at the girl just a few moments ago.

"Well... She seems very nice, and she's very pretty as well..." He would have said more, but it would have been a bit... unusual for him to say then.

Feeling crestfallen inside but putting up a good front, Tomas smiled and chuckled at the way Matthew was so entranced and captivated by Becky. It was seemed to confirm that Matthew was in fact straight and that Tomas had no quarter with trying to go after the younger man. Which seemed to be the story of his life the past few months. With a soft shrug, he patted the boy's arm as he leaned back in his seat.

"Aye, a doll that one. She is single, ya know, and I could set the two o' you up, if ye would like."

He smiled, expression soft. He may have wanted Matthew all to himself, but he wouldn't step between two people who were obviously attracted to each other. Becky didn't wink at people she didn't like. Just as he thought about her, she appeared with his cup of tea and Matthew's diet coke. She deposited them on the table, edging a little closer than normal to Matthew in order to set the drink down. She glanced at Tomas and he simply shrugged as he looked at the menu without much need.

"You boyos willing to order yet?"

She asked as she propped a hand on her hip.​

His eyes went wide for a moment, as he asked quickly to assure himself, "You, you'd really do that for me Tomas...?" Becky seemed liked such a nice sweet girl, and he wanted nothing more than to get to know her better now, and here he was presented with the perfect opportunity to do so as well! Tomas wasn't just a great doctor, he was a great friend as well.

When the waitress came back, he dropped any talk of the matter and was silent, aside from thanking her for the drink and what not. When she asked about what he was ordering, he looked over the menu one more time before answering, "Um... let me try the patty melt please." He said with a pleasant smiled.

"How would ya like yer burger?"

She asked with a pleasant smile, glancing at Tomas. He was much quieter now, giving them their own space as he looked over the menu. She sighed lightly as she heard Tomas speak his order as she waited on Matthew.

"I'll have a dog and chips, love. Grilled and baked, if ya don't mind."

He didn't look up from his menu as he folded it and put it back down, taking an idle sip from his tea. She had already put in sugar and milk, which made him smile, though it was sort of a sad gesture on his end. But still, he would ask Becky in private about Matthew, whether in the diner or over the phone later.

Becky jotted down his order, knowing exactly what he meant as she looked at Matthew, a little gleam of attraction in her shimmering gaze.​

When she turned around to get his order on how he liked his meat cooked he smiled and replied, "Medium-Well please." With a nod he did his best to not stare at her blatantly but his blue eyes couldn't help but gawk a bit even so.

The more he thought about it, he wondered about why Tomas was being so kind to him. Taking him out for a meal, going drinking later, and now even offering to set him up with a beautiful girl? It seemed almost too perfect in ways! Of course he didn't mind at all though, as he handed his menu to Becky.

Tomas could plainly see how much the younger man was attracted to Becky, like he had never seen such a beautiful woman before in his life. It was cute, but still...

"All right then, dove. I'll bring your order up right quick."

Becky promised as she took their menus. She saw the saddened look in Tomas's eyes and she frowned as she walked past him. He gave her a simple shrug of defeat as he drank more of his tea. As Becky left to fill their orders, Tomas turned his attention to Matthew. He had wanted to test the waters with the young doctor, and it seemed that the boy was all for woman, especially those of Becky's caliber. But it was all well and good, mostly, at least he knew Becky.

"So...what would ya like me to tell Becky?"

He asked quietly with a light smile.​

Matthew nodded softly in thanks and watched her walk off. It took him a moment to pull his gaze away but he did so quickly and looked over towards Tomas, and caught that flicker of sadness in his eyes. Being the considering person he was, the doctor forgot about his own problems for a moment and eyed him curiously, wondering what was his problem... However before he could ask him, the elder doctor posed a question for him.

He paused and thought for a moment. However he was unable to come up with any true reason yet and simply thought to himself aloud, "Well... I guess I'm not really sure honestly. Maybe that I'd like to get to know her better perhaps?" For a moment his eyes looked left and right to make sure no one else was listening before he leaned in closer and said sheepishly, "Honestly, I haven't really asked out that many random women..."

Back
Top Bottom