Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Land (Lord Dakol and Selena)

"Your place?? You..must be some kind of hero or something, saving me from those men shooting with those firearms..." She thought to herself, not knowing full and well that he was an assassin, but instead a 'chivalrous hero' in her book. "Uh..thank you for saving me." She said, a slight smile on her tired face.

Using an old line, he shook his head, "I'm not a hero." he said grimly, his eyes forward and cold. "Don't mention it." he replied as they were soon engulfed in darkness by the cave.

"Oh..I see.." Selena said, silencing herself. She was utterly confused at this point..here was a man who saved her from gunshots, and he wasn't a hero? Why did the gunshots start when this man grabbed her? What's his story?! Her mind moved from one thing to the next. She shook her head, snapping back into reality.

She realized they were in a dark cave, and she tried to look into the deep black that started surrounding them. "This is...your place?"

Going inside without a word, he sighed as they saw light and his "place". He had thought of almost everything once he began to set it up. This included rigged up electricity, heating, furniture arranged in a way which made it seem almost like a divided living space, there was a definite work area, and a definite living area, even a make-shift kitchen and down a dark tunnel which appeared to be lit with an actual lantern, there appeared to be a handful of alcoves which were curtained off, perhaps rooms for other uses, or storage, or sleeping.

Laying her down on the table, Nick looked her over for any immediate wounds. "Stay here." he said, turning around and going behind a curtain which seemed to go into a tunnel.

Selena sat on the table, her legs hanging off the edge. Her eyes followed the strange man as he traveled down into the tunnel behind a curtain. "Uh...okay.." She replied in an uncertain voice. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the horrible things that just occurred..the gunshots, the evil men..everything. She glanced around at everything within the cave. Selena was amazed with how he created a home out of such a rudimentry place.

Soon after, Nick returned with a small bag and a tray of surgical tools. "Take off your shoes." he ordered calmly, looking at her while he unraveled the small bag.

Selena pulled her feet up onto the table and slipped off her shoes. Her eyes widened when she saw the surgical tools being rolled out. "Um..what are you doing..." She said, clearly a hint of fear in her voice as she cleared her throat, backing away from him on the table.

Nick looked at her and sighed, grabbing her ankle and pulling her gently towards him. He hadn't realized that her skin was incredibly smooth as his hand slid down her foot. He stopped for a second in realization before going around the table and walking to her right knee.

Selena winced when he grabbed at her ankle, trying to pull away from him slightly. "Please..please don't..." she pleaded, closing her eyes as if she were about to feel pain at any given second. She leaned back on her hands that were behind her on the table.

Opening the small bag, a mound of green moss was there, and Nick's agile fingers picked up a small amount. His free hand then slowly pushed up her skirt, just enough to show him her thigh, but not enough to reveal anything else. His fingers then sprinkled on the moss on her cut, and it immediately began to soothe the pain and numb it considerably.

Selena opened one eye, and then both eyes as she felt quite the opposite of what she was expecting to feel. Her cheecks turned a faint rosy color as he worked on her thigh. She sighed, almost out of relief. "..what is that stuff?" She asked him, looking down at him as he was working.

Once he finished using the moss, he rubbed it gently into her cut-up thigh, not knowing that he was being sensual. "It's a very rare type of fungi. I was lucky to find that it grows here in this mountain." he explained as he continued to rub her skin.

Selena blinked at him. "Ahh.. I see. I've noticed that nature can come in handy in so many ways. Like your home here. That's amazing." She said, her cheecks blushing even more as he rubbed the herb into her leg.

"Yeah." Nick replied as he stopped rubbing her thigh and leaned in, gently breathed on her skin and the moss, drying it quickly. "By the way, your name." he said flatly, his eyes staying on her skin for some reason.

"Uh, it's Selena, but most call me Sellie." She replied to him, her head tilted a bit. She wasn't sure what to make of this strange man. She tried to cast a smile, but her confused mind just couldn't handle it. "Sir, you really don't have to help me. I'll be fine.."

"Yeah, I'm sure you would love to see it get infected, hm?" Nick said flatly. Taking out the needle and suture, and the moss taking effect, he began to sew up her wound, brushing the herb off before he started to work. "Nick." he said calmly.

Selena blinked a few times, her eyes narrowing at his comment. She brushed the comment off, looking down at her leg curiously as he sewed it up. It didn't feel painful, but she felt the tugging of the needle and suture in her skin. "Uh, hello Nick." She replied, not really sure what to say. His words always seemed cold and flat to her. A slight sigh escaped her lips.

He quickly finished up, placing the tools and the used moss on the tray. "Yeah, whatever." he said. Nick now saw her as a nuisance. "Get up and go down the hall. The one with the red curtain is my room. You can use it for the night." he said, standing up and cleaning off his bloodied hands..

Selena slid off the edge of the table, one hand still holding the edge of the wood, while putting weight cautiously on her bad leg. She honestly wanted to escape out of here, but she knew there were men with guns in the city. "But..that's your room. I'm a...er...guest." She replied softly, standing there for a moment.

"So? What's your point?" he snapped, looking at her with tough eyes as he sat down across the room and began to take off his bloodied cloak and gear, each article of clothing showing more of his athletic muscle.

"Oh..um..okay.." she replied, giving a little shrug. Her eyes showed a hint of fear, but she turned quickly and stepped down the hall, finding his bedroom and walking inside without a word.

His arms hanging by their sides, Nick and Selena arrived at a darker red curtain than the rest. Reaching out, he grabbed the curtain and pulled it to the side, revealing a large room that was different from the rest. Here, the walls were more refined, looking lighter in color with actual corners in the room. A king-sized bed was across the way, black sheets and a comforter. A foot away was a nightstand that held only three pictures: a blond haired woman whom was very beautiful; a small baby girl that had eyes like Nick's and bright blond hair. The third picture held a girl with long black hair and gentle auburn eyes.

"You can sleep here." he said slowly, holding it open for her. He noticed the pictures, but didn't move to get them out of sight. It didn't matter to him anymore; they were dead, and that was it.​

Selena looked up at him. "Thank you." she said, her voice soft. She shifted her weight, walking slowly around the room, examining it. It was very beautiful to her eyes; an escape from the geometric, steel-concrete city buildings she was accustomed to. She made her way over to the pictures, examining them closely. "Your family?" She questioned, not wanting to upset him. She knelt down, her fingers running along the frame of the baby's picture. "Her eyes...they look like yours."

Nick nodded and looked at Selena. Clenching his right fist, he shook his head.
"They were. They died in the initial explosion months ago." he replied quietly, loud enough to hear him. He glanced at the picture of his youngest child, and looked down. "..." he said nothing.

Selena let her hand drop off of the picture frame softly, bringing herself out of her kneeling position. She looked up at him. "I..I'm sorry.." she replied, feeling quite aweful about bringing up such memories. Other than that, she really didn't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom