Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Land (Lord Dakol and Selena)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
Nick "Shaman"
Assassin.jpg

In order to live, Nick was forced to become a bounty hunter. It didn't matter who or what, as long as he brought something with a pulse to his employers. He was wearing a sterile white cloak with a large hood that covered his eyes. His appearance was reminiscent of an assassin from long ago. That was not why he did, however. With slow, waiting sigh, Nick waited on the top of a destroyed building. He had been given intel on two to three survivors across town. Nick had learned not to trust the intel all the time though.

"Let's go." he muttered, smirking calmly at his own predictions. Standing up, he began to skillfully jump across the buildings, careful not to make them crumble under his weight. He seemed to be a ghost in the bright sunlight, shadows guarding his face in order to keep his identity hidden.
Shortly after, he stopped on the edge of a building, seeing the survivors. With a now emotionless, stony face, he waited for the moment to capture them.

As he waited, he began remembering what his own life before the apocalypse. Nick had a family of his own, two daughters and his beautiful wife. But they died on the first day of it all. Nothing else of great importance came to mind though, and he locked away his painful memories of his family.

anime_girl_fav42361.jpg

Selena wore a school outfit, only having a few clothes to choose from after all the descruction took place. She leaned against the side of a building, arms crossed casually, talking to another girl that looked to be her own age, who wore the same outfit as her. "Cameron," She said in a soft tone, "I wish you luck on your travels to the north. It's not supposed to be as severe as here...but I've got to stay around this town and find my little brother. I'll be fine, I promise. We will meet again, I'm sure. We're like sisters!" She hugged the girl, who must've been her best friend. Cameron walked out of sight, heading to the north.

Selena stood there, watching on with tear-filled grey eyes as her best friend headed north. She shook her head. "I have to be strong...to find my brother.." Wiping her tears with her sleeve, she looked around at the buildings, many destroyed into rubble, but a few still remaining that showed the cracks and breaks the apocolypse had caused. The world seemed like a horrible place to her now, and the sun illuminated everything but the shadows, as if the cover was snatched from hiding a horrible sin. I've got to be strong...for Cameron, for my little brother... She hammered those thoughts into her mind. Nothing would stand in her way. She started walking along the wall of a building, starting the search for her little brother.

Nick caught sight of the girl. Knew the intel was wrong. She clearly wasn't in a group. He would have to be fast though, as crowds of people were still in there, and could either jump to her rescue or take her from him. Acting quickly, he jumped from the roof and made sure to slow his fall, landing quietly on the ground an alleyway behind her.

Suddenly though, he noticed three men looking towards her and making their way. He then waited in the shadows to see what she would do, crouching down and pulling the hood further down.

Selena noticed the three guys- school friends of hers and Cameron's. She walked up to them, conversing about the current issues that occured. They waved goodbye, as did she. They, too, were headed toward the north. Selena sighed. Maybe I should go with them..being in a group..it sounds so safe...but I must find my brother... She then continued walking along the wall until she came upon the alleyway. "I think this is the right alleyway..where his best friend lives.." I've got to try every existing way to get back to my little brother.. Her thoughts ran through her mind as she turned the corner into the darkened alleyway. The alleyway contained a few doors, and Selena approached the first one, hoping...wishing..praying...that her little brother's best friend would greet her at this door.

Nick's stance loosened a bit once he saw what happened. But he tensed up as he noticed that she was coming over this way. Moving back, he hopped to the other wall and waited. As she rose her hand to knock on the door, he flicked his wrist and a small, hidden blade jutted out...

Selena knocked on the door three times, fully unaware of anyone else in the alleyway. She knocked again. No response. Her hand moved down to the doorknob, turning it slowly. The door wasn't locked; she opened it meticulously, peaking her head past.

She saw destruction. What was once someone's humble home was destroyed. Pictures falling off the walls, furnature strewn about and broken in various shapes. She closed the door, a sigh escaping her lips. "I guess this isn't their home..at least..I hope it's not.."

Selena moved toward the second door slowly, deeper into the alleyway where the shadows lengthened.

The bounty hunter continued to follow, waiting for the moment that her screams would be out of ear shot to others. A few minutes later, he began to walk towards her, raising the blade slowly. "I'm sorry..." he whispered.

Thrusting his wrist down at her neck, Nick was suddenly assaulted with images that his mind couldn't comprehend. Yelling in pain, the man stumbled back and hit the wall, his elbow getting injured and making the blade retreat because of it.

Selena gasped, confused at what was going on. A few stands of her blue-black hair hung in front of her face. She wasn't one to scream, but she did struggle. She grabbed at his wrist, trying to pry him off of her, "SIR! Please, what are you doing! I'm not who you think I am!" She yelped, struggling against him, thinking that he was after a particular girl. After he fell into the wall and injured his elbow, Selena quickly took a few paces back, a few tears streaming down her face. She was on the wrong side of the alleyway though, being between the strange hooded man and the cracked brick wall. She backed away until her back was against the wall. How am I going to get out of this mess...

Nick struggled to get up, groaning in pain from the sensory overload. It was a bit too much for his brain to take. Looking up at her, he exhaled and clenched his weakened fist, heading towards her. Several other images flowed into his mind, mainly focused on his late wife and two daughters. As he raised his fist to strike, the bounty hunter then began to think if he was getting these images for another reason. He then figured it was a side effect of the nuclear warheads that went off on the first day of the war. Dropping his hand, he fell to his knees and grabbed his head, whispering two words rapidly before yelling out.

"GET OUT!"

Selena's eyes widened in fear at what she was watching, hands trailing the wall behind her back. "Um..yes, sir.." She followed his instruction, running past the man. About ten feet past him, she stumbled on some rubble in the middle of the alleyway, falling down onto her side. She gasped with pain, her now bleeding leg was scratched up from the sharp pieces of concrete she had fallen onto. She attempted to get up.

As she ran past, Nick gasped sharply, opening his eyes fully and looking around. Standing up, he turned around and looked at the girl. He then sprinted to her side, scooping her up into his arms and dashing out of the alley. If she attempted to get off, he would just tighten his grip on her, the black hood fluttering wildly and hiding his identity.

Selena gasped, trying to pull away from his grasp around her as he carried her. "Sir, please, I'm not who you think I am! Please! Put me down!" She yelled, but didn't scream, an odd trait she had. Why is he taking me away, and where to? What was causing all of his pain like that just moments ago? Her mind moved from one question to the next.

Nick looked down at her and growled, "Shut up! I'm trying to conce--" he then heard several gunshots behind them. Screams and yells of pain were heard far behind. Everyone in and near the square were killed. Then, if Selena looked, figures were stationed upon the rooftops and trying to shoot at the two. Nick though, was side-stepping the shots effectively. Why was he trying so hard to kill her?

Selena looked with widening eyes towards the men that had their guns pointed at her and the man from the tops of the buildings, she shut up quite naturally, placing her head underneath his towards his chest for protection. Why is all this happening!?! What is going on?! Everything seemed to be a blur.

"Damn guns! This is why I use hand-to-hand!" Nick muttered angrily. He then gasped, seeing a grenade suddenly lobbed in front of them, the assassin had to stop suddenly. He was too late, though, as it exploded and sent Nick flying, accidentally letting go of the girl. "Ah...no!" he yelled, trying to reach out to her, but hit the wall as she fell to the ground.

((Sorry for the action-heavy moment, I just wanted to show how much Nick's employer wants Selena!))

Selena gasped as her back and head hit the concrete with a crack. Her last glimpses were of the strange man being thrown with a lot of debri among him. She closed her eyes, falling into unconsciencous from the blow to the back of her head. She lay there, motionless.

((haha, that's quite alright!))

"Argh..!" Nick groaned deeply as he pressed himself against the wall and slid up slowly. His eyes were on the girl the entire time, but his other senses kept a watch on the soldiers-for-hire. Staggering towards her, he growled gently as he knelt down and scooped her up once again, only this time much more slowly.

((Damn, I've got to go for 10-15 minutes. Be back soon.))

((No worries, just post when you can! :D ))

Selena opened her eyes slowly. I must've blacked out..or maybe..I'm dead? One of her hands moved up to rub her eyes. She had only been under for a few moments, but it felt like she was waking up from a long slumber. She looked upwards; the men who had shot at them were gone. Everything seemed utterly quiet.

((Crap, longer than expected.))

The girl probably noticed the trickle of blood going down from his forehead to his cheek. His left leg was injured, as was his right arm. He needed to get to his haven, to recuperate with the girl.
"Don't worry. We're away from the town." he groaned, struggling with his words since his entire chest was practically caved in. "Are you all right?" he asked.

Selena looked up toward the man with tired eyes, trying to focus on his frame, which was blurry because of her head trauma. "I..um..I think I'm okay.." She said in a soft tone. Where are we? Did I cause all this to happen? Where's my little brother, did they get him too? My head..it' really hurts.. Her hand moved up to her forehead, which pulsed with pain. She wished she could run away and get out of this mess.

Her eyes' blurriness cleared up after a while, and she saw that he was injured. "Sir...are you...okay?"

Nick couldn't let his pain show; well, at least not that much, anyway. He shook his head and looked down at her. "No...you can't walk, and we need to get you somewhere safe." he groaned, his chest pounding with adrenaline and allowing him to move forward. The girl and him had better just hope that it wouldn't run out, or else they would be stranded for hours in the desert...

Selena eyes showed dissapointment, but determination. "Oh..sure I can walk..at least...I think I can.." She attempted to get up, but her injured leg made her stumble again in the process. When she hit the ground, she brought her fist down upon the dirt, as if in protest. She then sat up the best she could, a few tears falling from her eyes. She then looked up towards the man. "Why..why did you take me away?" She said, her break soft and shakey. She didn't want to upset him.

Nick looked at her and scoffed when she tried to walk, then picked her back up. But he then said nothing when she asked. He then began to walk a little faster towards a small mountain a whiles away.

Selena kept quiet, her mind mulling over many things as to why she was in this stranger's arms. She looked about, seeing a small mountain coming into view past the rubble of the destroyed buildings and large piles of rubble and steel. "Where are we?" She asked, not recognizing the place.

"My place." he replied without looking at her. They soon came upon a small pathway, which he walked over that slowly went up. Trees were all around them, covering their position well and giving them plenty of shade, which was a relief to Nick.

Back
Top Bottom