Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"Touring" the Country (Lord Dakol and Nurse_K)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
Mark loved being a reporter/journalist/photographer, being able to travel different and unique countries and territories. But, like most, it was a dangerous job. This fact revealed itself during his trip to Germany, during a small war...

Running his left hand through his short black hair, Mark walked down the beaten road to where the nearest town was. Standing at 6'3" and 153 lbs, the male was slender and toned, a fact that he appreciated. Mark at the time was wearing a white dress shirt that was loosened around his body, with a red tie hung around his neck to match. Black pants and running shoes allowed him to get around quickly when he needed to get a story or photos in a country like that. Fortunately, Mark was already near the battle, though the city wasn't exactly clear on a name.

Shaking his head, he began to run down the hill and towards the explosions and gunfire. Once there, he took out his camera and ran behind safe lines, where he began to take numerous pictures. Pushing up his black-rimmed glasses to the bridge of his nose, he began to record his thoughts on the battle.

"A ferocious battle is going on inside the city, where enemy forces are pushing steadily onto the Allies!" he yelled clearly. He turned his head to look forward, and gasped slightly. "They're bringing tanks here! They're bringing ta-" he grunted, falling backwards as he fell backwards and hit his head on the ground, losing consciousness as he held onto his camera and recorder. Soon after, medics came onto the scene and took him into an ambulance, where they drove to the hospital a few miles away, just as the battle was ending...

Ellie was a young military nurse, but she had experience. Her father had been in the army for the entire time Ellie was alive, so they spent most of their time moving from base to base. She'd always been into medicine but she didn't like the impersonal and formal way that doctors treated patients.

This war in Germany was a small one so the Americans only sent the best they had. Ellie was in a hospital tent just outside of the city. It was her and two doctors there, but the two doctors were currently away at the hospital in a larger city. When the medics arrived with Mark, she directed them to set him down on the table (that was used for everything from scratches to operating). She cut off his shirt and began to examine his wounds.

"Mark?" she called out to him, having learned his name from the paramedics. "Mark, can you hear me?" Ellie's dark brown hair was tied up in a bun atop her head and her grey eyes looked concerned. She was short, only 5'3'', but she was curvy. She took some gauze and began to dab his cuts with rubbing alcohol, "Mark, this is going to sting okay?"

Mark gasped softly, his eyes snapping open as he looked from side to side, then looked at the nurse. She was quite beautiful. "How-How do you know my name?" he asked. It was stupid since he couldn't feel his wallet in his pocket any longer. But he gasped sharply in pain. "Ow!" he muttered weakly. The pain from the back of his head was still there, and throbbing each time he moved.

"Shhhh," she said gently as she pressed his head back down gently when he tried to pick it up. "Don't move. You're hurt and in the field hospital. I'm the nurse, that's why I know your name." she took some clean gauze and began to wipe away the blood from his various wounds. "You're going to be out of commission for a few weeks. You need to take it easy and let me clean your wounds, okay?" she went to a small table and got a needle and sutcher thread out. "I need to do some stitches."

Once he heard that he wasn't going to be active for a few weeks, he groaned and sighed with disappointment. "Dammit..." he said, then nodded towards the needle and a suture. "All right." he added calmly, moving to allow her to work. "By the way, since you know my name...what's yours?" he asked.

"It'll hurt," she warned as she expertly slid the needle into his skin and began working the special thread in and out. In ten minutes she had him completely sutchered, nice and clean. She raised an eyebrow when he asked her what her name was. It was against protocol to tell him, technically, but he seemed harmless. "My name is Elsa." she said as she wiped down his sutchered wounds and then taped gauze over them to keep them clean, "But everyone calls me Ellie."

Mark groaned in slight pain as she sutured him, but otherwise remained still. Once she finished, he nodded with approval. "Ellie? Nice to meet you, Ellie." he said with a smile, then noticed his glasses were missing, as he couldn't see her properly. "Seen my glasses?" he asked.

"Nice to meet you too, Mark." she said pleasantly, the same way she said to most of the injured that came into the field hospital. She walked over to a small table near the front of the tent and picked up a pair of battered glasses. She cleaned them off and tried to straighten them out, "They got a little beat up in the fight." she said with a smile as she handed them to him.

"Ah, it's all right. Just one of the occupational hazards of my work." Mark replied, putting them on and blinking a few times. Looking towards Ellie, he almost lost his cool and gaped, but controlled himself. She was even more stunning then he thought. "Is this a hospital or..?" he asked.

She laughed as she started to clean up the mess that was made from fixing him up. "Technically, it's a tent. But it's our field hospital. We have living tents just outside of this. You'll have to stay in here, I'm afraid. There's a bed over there," she said as she pointed to the corner where a twin bed was made up with sheets and a pillow. "It's not the ritz, but it's better than being out on the front lines if you ask me."

Mark chuckled lightly, "Actually, I would rather be out there, then in here, no offense." he said with a sheepish smile. "Speaking of which, have you seen my camera and recorder?" he inquired worriedly, his fingers tapping on the table silently as he looked around the tent.

She shrugged, "My business is healing people, not killing them. Or watching them get killed," she pointed to the small table where his glasses had been, "All of your stuff is safe. Both are in a bag over there, but you can't get up to get them. I'm going to have to help you to the bed soon. Are you hungry?"

Shaking his head, he knew that he ate before he started on his "journey", so he was good. He needed to review his story and look at his pictures. Looking around, he didn't know how to start a conversation at the moment in the middle of a war. His body still hurt like hell, though the insane throbbing ebbed away when he slowly sat up. "What time is it? Do you know?" he asked her, raising his left eyebrow in waiting.

She glanced at the clock sitting on the table and said, "It's almost 8pm. That means technically, my shift is over. If you don't need anything else, I'll help you to the bed and then go to my tent. There's a buzzer there," she pointed to the small device next to the bed, "Buzz me if you need more painkillers or you start to bleed."

Mark nodded at the time and looked at her. "Well, there's not much to do but rest..." he muttered with a growl, still a bit angry at his predicament. Moving his body a bit to help Ellie, he waited for her response. "How are we doing this?" he asked calmly, cracking his neck.

"Just slide yourself off of the table slowly. Put your arm around me and I'll help you. Don't go too fast, you'll hurt yourself. Don't be afraid to put weight on me either. I'm strong, I can carry your weight." she walked over to the table and extended her arm to put around him when he got himself off of the table.

Mark smiled faintly as he put his arm over her shoulder and put some of his weight onto her as he got up. "Argh..." he groaned, his free hand holding his side as they walked towards the small cot. His eyes closed, he tried clearing his mind for a moment to get rid of the pain. It didn't work. Mark let out a small sigh as he put a bit more weight on the way.

She wrapped her arm around his shoulder and helped him to the bed. She sat down on the edge of it with him until he'd eased himself back onto it. Then she got up and wiped her hands off with an alcohol wipe. "Alright, Mark. I'm leaving. Buzz me if you need to." and she walked out of the tent and to hers. As soon as she got there she began to undress for the night.

Mark sighed with relief as he sat on the bed, resting his uninjured hand on the bed. "I will, Ellie." he said with a smile. Before he laid down on the soft cot, he exhaled as she walked away, biting his lip before shaking his head and laying down. He then began to wonder how long it would be before he could start walking around again. His things were still too far for him to reach sadly.

Ellie took off her uniform and put on an olive green army tank top and black yoga pants. She took her hair out of it's bun and laid down on her bed. She turned out the small light she had and let out a deep sigh, snuggling into her single pillow. She hoped to get some good sleep this night before she had a long day ahead of her tomorrow.

Taking off his glasses, he placed them in his pocket and quickly fell asleep...

The next day

Mark opened his eyes groggily, forgetting where he was as he tried to get up regularly. "Argh!" he groaned in sharp, stinging pain as he clutched his side. That's right, Germany. Controlling his breathing, he made the pain ebb away before anyone came upon him.

Ellie awoke early the next day and got dressed. She headed over to the medical tent and saw that Mark was awake. "Guess you had a good night," she commented to him, "I didn't hear any buzzes. Let me change your bandages," she leaned forward and began to take off his bandages, her cleavage revealed to him.

Mark smiled gently once he saw Ellie, "Yeah, except for the waking up part." he said with a laugh. As she began to change his bandages, his eyes widened a little as her gorgeous cleavage allowed him to see more than he did yesterday. "So Ellie...do you have family here?" he asked, trying to get his mind off of other things.

She changed his bandages as efficiently as she could, patting his stomach once she was finished. She cleaned her hands in the small portable sink and then dried them. "Nope, just myself. There's usually two doctors here but they'll be gone for a couple of weeks on a mission. You must be hungry by now. Do you want something?"

She was right; Mark was hungry now. "Yeah, sure. What's on the menu?" he asked with a chuckle. "By the way, is it safe to move now?" he asked curiously. Although the wounds damaged his body, he was still in top peak physical condition.

Back
Top Bottom