Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Working on The Ranch ( Lan Moore x Selena )

Lan Moore

Supernova
Lan was up earlier then usual, he couldn't seem to sleep that night for some strange reason. He was busy shoveling hay that morning, one of the funner things in his opinion to do around the ranch, though he really didn't know why he liked it. He had his shirt off, showing off his muscles to all the creatures around to see his. He sighed a little as he wiped the sweat off his face and away from his brunette hair. He wondered why he couldn't sleep, having a strange feeling it had to do with a some one and not a something. His blue eyes looked around before he smirked to him self and laid against the hay. He closed his eyes and smiled, maybe it was that girl.

Some time ago his father had gotten some school girl to help out around the place, he figured it had something to do with an internship or to get experience, but he wasn't sure. He really hadn't asked her that much about her, but she seemed rather cute and he liked being close to her and helping, thought he was sure his father wouldn't approve of doing any thing with a girl like her. Still he couldn't help what he was feeling.

Selena wiped the sweat off her brow with her gloved hand. She hating working early mornings, but she was glad that they were cooler in temperature compared to the rest of the day. She was feeding the Jersey calves a special mixture of grain, and also dropping their milk bottles into the appropriate slots on the doors of each small enclosure. The barn was always warm, and the rising sun made the barn even hotter.

Selena had her brown hair up in a messy bun, her grey eyes watching the cows as they ate their early meal. She sat on a few stacked up haybales in the corner of the barn while she drank from her bottled water, some of it dripping onto her blue softball t-shirt and worn-out jeans.

Lan opened his eyes when he thought he heard some thing, or some one. He poked his head out then walked around a little, finding the young Selena. He smiled as he sat down next to her, "You're working hard as usual aren't you?" He said with a smile. He took a look at her clothing, he went and smirked at her looks, "you're a mess." He said, some of the hay still stick to his clothing.

Selena took off her workgloves, holding them in one of her hands. She looked up at Lan. "Oh, hey there!" She'd say with an upbeat tone. Her eyes watched the calves delightfully suckling on their bottles. "Well, what would you expect when you work on a farm, that I wear high heels?!" She replied to him jokingly with a slight laugh. He was a good friend, and always made her laugh when she was in a bad mood from waking up early to work on the farm. She walked out of the barn into the morning golden-hued fog that was beginning to lift from the vast wheat fields past the barn. The turkey vultures were beginning to soar on the thermals in the sky.

Lan laughed a bit as he fallowed her, "Who noes, might be interesting to see, maybe you could start a new trend, bunch of cowgirl wearing high heels every morning, sounds like something that would spark interest in this field of work don't you think?" He said with a soft smile as he looked out with her, seeming to not really see watch she was so interested in, seeming like he had lost a lot of interest in the ranch since he had gotten older.

Selena laughed. "Me?! In high heels!?! I doubt it!" She said, her mind returning back to her work. She went over to the side of the barn where small square bales were sitting, somewhat stacked. She put on her gloves again and grabbed one by the twine, walking inside the barn again, over to the horses and placing it in their hay nets, giving each horse a good pat along their neck.

"So, I guess today we're bushhogging the back field?" She asked Lan, her eyes still focused on the horses and the work of placing hay into the hay nets.

Lan shrugged a bit, "I'm not sure, I guess so. I try not to think about work you know?" He rarely really put a lot of effort in work, he just kind of did it when he needed to do it. He wasn't like Selena who seemed to really put effort in her work. He was watching her, looking her over when she wasn't looking.

Selena finished placing the hay into the hay nets and then turned around, looking up at Lan. "Hey, Lan..I was wondering something. As a friend, would you like to come hang out at Apple Cliff tonight, you know, the cliffe that juts out over the river and you can watch the stars? It's summertime, and I've yet to really hang out with you!" She said, a bit of rosy color on her cheecks as she asked him.

Lan smiled at her invitation, "Well I'm not sure, I might have plans with some other girls tonight." He spoke sarcastically, "But since it's you yeah I'd love to." He smirked, "Just as long as you promise me something." He said walking a bit close to her.

Selena slapped him with one of her gloves. "Hey!" She said with a laugh. When he stepped closer, she looked downward at the hay-covered floor of the barn before looking back up at him. "And what promise would that be, Lan?"

He rubbed his cheek, "Ouch you have to watch your strength, you're stronger then you think," he said jokingly. His hand then reached towards her head, and pulled out a piece of hay from her hair, "Just make sure you're hay free, ok?" He said with a smirk, " I can't have my date looking like this now can I?"

"Alright, alright.." She said, agreeing to him in a joking tone. "Who said anything about a date? If your dad found out, he'd fire me for sure! We're just friends, right?" She said, a hint of inquizitiveness in her voice, almost testing him.

Lan smiled at her, "Of course, after all your job comes first." His hand taking hers, "Besides you don't want to be with some spoiled little boy who works at a farm that looks like me now do you?" He said, softly kissing her hand.

Selena just looked him in the eye, a smirk on her lips. "We'll see about that." She said, taking out her cell phone to check the time, her work ended at 12 o clock today. "It's already noon, wow! So, when would you like to meet tonight, and where?"

Lan smiled, "How about 8 when it starts to get dark." He thought about the location and smirked, " The large apple tree sound good? It's out of view and it'll be dark any ways, Then we can take a stroll."

Her mind mulled over what he meant about it being dark and out of view. "The large apple tree at 8...alrighty then!" She replies, walking past him out of the barn and towards her small SUV. She gives him a smile and waves goodbye as she drives down the dirt road. "See you then!"

Lan smiled as he headed inside to get ready for the night. He took a shower and put on his favorite black button up shirt and blue jeans. He was waiting by the tree and few minutes early, staring at the stars in the sky appearing.

Selena appeared, walking up to him. She was beautiful: Her hair was laying on her shoulders, catching the moonlight at each curve, wearing a cute red summer dress that had a bow tied at the small of her back. She wore brown flip-flops; looking very different from how she does at work. "Good evening!" She said softly to Lan.

Lan blushed at her, "You look... wow." he said not able to believe it was her at first. She looked incredible. He went closer to her and kissed her hand, then her cheek, " So did your boyfriend let you come out with a guy this late at night looking that great?"

Selena looked downward, "You're just saying that." She said with a giggle. "Plus, I don't have a boyfriend...and..." She looked down at her feet. "I'm not wearing high heels." She replied with a tilt of the head and a sweet smile.

Lan laughed, "I think you look great even with out high heels." His hand went to her cheek making her look up at him, " so what do you want to do tonight angel?" He said with a face that almost seemed to be asking her to kiss him.

Selena laughed, looking downward. It was something about his eyes that made her weak. "Um, I was just going to watch the stars and all, and talk and stuff..." She replied, a shakiness in her voice.

Lan smiled, "Well the ground is a bit wet and dirty, you want to sit on my lap?' he asked, seeing her move her eyes away from him, she was weak to him it seemed.

Selena's cheecks turned intensely red. "But I..I'll squish you!" She said, making up rather silly excuses. She wanted to, but she was just so nervous about it! "Plus, what does it hurt if I get a little dirty and wet?" She replied, a tone of innocence in her voice. A few moments later she realized it had come out oh-so-wrongly.

Lan laughed a bit, "I like the sound of that." He then picked her up off her feet. He sat down by the tree and placed her on his lap, "Mm you don't seem to be squishing me." He whispered in her ear, "But if you still want to get wet and dirty it's fine."

Back
Top Bottom