Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bloodkiss/Russian Vodka

(the connection on this thing is so slow. Rawr.)

Ariya strolled down the hall to the grand hall, glancing around at the decor. "I changed my mind about the flower arrangement. I want lillies." She'd been planning all month for the feast, and she still couldn't decide what kind of flowers she wanted by the entrance of the hall. A long-suffering sigh heaved forth from her dark crimson lips. She hated when her brother hosted these ridiculous gatherings. She hated other people...

A young man dressed in servants robes stepped out from the next door room, watching her a bit intensely until he looked away addressing her. "Miss Areya, I'm sure it would look absolutely lovely with a mixture of purple tulips and blood red roses." He told her, bowing his head and not letting her notice the paleness of his skin as his hands were covered in gloves. He was working there in secret, knowing everything about Areya and her brother being vampires as he was one himself.

((Poor muffin! *hugs*))

Ariya glanced toward the boy, her silver eyes percingly cold. "I don't really care anymore. The vases were supposed to be silver, and instead they're brass. And when I commissioned them I asked that they have Akyr's crest on them. They have my father's." She groaned, rubbing her temples. "I have a horrid ache in my head. Do what you will with the flowers, just don't let those damned scullery maids ruin anymore of my dishes scurrying about like mice." She flicked a strand of red-golden hair out of her eyes, turning on her heel. "I'll be in my chambers. If you see my handmaid, tell her that I need her."

"Yes, Miss Ariya." He responded with a nod before heading off to fix the flowers and the vases to what she had told him she wanted. He was going to make sure that her evening would be perfect, the flowers arranged properly in the vases as he went directly to her handmaid first, telling her to go to the mistress directly before finding the maiden in charge of everything and giving her the orders as if he'd been told by Miss Ariya directly, before he watched it all unfold with the greatest of haste.

He wasn't old yet, not in vampire years, but to humans he was at least three generations above normal time. He didn't show any sign of aging as he was slimly build, yet contained the strength of the vampires. He had a slender face and black eyes, not showing anything unnatural that way.

Ariya flopped down in a chair beside the fireplace in the sitting room of her chambers. Her handmaid Cecilia hurried in with a glass of wine, an exhasperated look on her face. "Miss Ariya, we need to get you bathed and dressed. The guests will begin to arrive soon. I've got maids setting up the guest rooms now. Calm yourself, mistress. You're far too stressed."

He worked swiftly with the small team of maids under his command as he made sure everything was perfect, sorting the correct mix of purple tullips and blood red roses in each vase, making it look symmetrical and perfect as he knew that he only wanted to please the mistress enough to gain access to her chambers as more than just a servant.

Ariya drank some of the wine, then grudgingly allowed her maid to bathe her and brush out her hair. She took her time finishing the wine while Cecilia did up her hair and tied her corset. Before she knew it, she was dressed and done-up like a child's doll.

(My signal s going out because it's storming. I'll get back on in a few mins when it stops raining.)

Still with time to go before the guests arrived, he was done, heading up to her room, he knocked on the door waiting for allowance to enter.

When he did get it, he stepped in, bowing in front of her. "Will Miss Ariya be inspecting the decorations personally?" He asked her in a sincere and soft tone, trying not to sound too stressed.

((It's okay^^ I got a couple of friends online who wants to chat so I'm trying to get it all together^^))

"I will follow you then, Miss Ariya, since I organised it." He told her, keeping his head bowed for her as he stepped outside, patiently waiting for her as he was sure she would love the decorations, giving the whole place a feeling of something passionate and warm, the mix of the blood red roses showing the passionate feeling and the purple tullips signifying the warmth of the place by their naturally deep shade.

Ariya held up her long skirts as she hurried down the hall and the grand staircase. As she reached sight of the ballroom, she was assaulted by the first guests to arrive. Women eager to speak to her brother. They were shallow, cruel women when they were not being chaparoned by men. When they were being watched over by the opposite sex they pretended to be delicare flowers, easily frightened and quick to swoon. Ariya rolled her eyes as the women cooed and commented on her home and her hair and her dress. They reeked of lies and horrid perfume. She ignored them and glanced around at the decorations. "It is good." With that she made her way down into the ballroom, eager to rid herself of these harpies.

He followed her, not commenting on the womens words as he heard her mentioned it was good. "Then you should see the ballroom, Miss Ariya." He told her in a soft and kind tone as he headed ahead of her, pretending to keep her occupied for anyone who might want to interupt her in her walk to see how he had made everything look. Once they entered the ballroom, she'd be able to see the mix of tulips and roses all around in the silver vases she had required instead of the brass ones.

Ariya smiled faintly. The boy was desperate for approval. He still had much to learn. He thought he was well hidden, unaware of her knowledge. But she'd been alive far too long to be fooled so easily. She chuckled to herself. For some reason the young vampire was hiding his heritage. She intended to find out why. Possibly tonight. She dragged herself out of her thoughts, glancing at the decorations he had corrected. "You did well. The vases are as I wanted them, and as much as I dislike tulips, the arrangement is satisfactory." She paused, turning to the boy with her quicksilver eyes, like molten steel. "What is your name, boy?"

He dared a short look up at her with his black eyes. "My name, but I'm just a servant, Miss Ariya." He said, a moment later shaking his head. "I apologize for my manners, Miss, you're in every right to know the name of your humble servant, I am Damian." He told her in a kind tone, as he bowed in front of her, letting her know that he'd do every single wish she might have with him.

"Well, Damian, I must take my seat now. Perhaps we will speak more later." She took her place at the head table, her brother soon joining her. He was dressed in black leather leggings and a dark blue tunic over a stark white shirt. His tanned skin shone golden in the firelight and his dark hair seemed to absorb the heat of the flames. He was so different from his twin, dark where she was light, his eyes a warm, inviting gold, hers a cold, unforgiving silver. They were both beatiful, hers a delicate beauty, his a hard, dark beauty.

Damian returned to his duties in the kitchen this time, preparing the meal for the guests as he ordered the kitchen staff around and arranging the waiters, making sure all the plates looked alike as he then sent them in on a long line, putting down a plate for each person in the dining hall at the same time as the head chef announced the food they would have.

The night moved slowly for Ariya as she watched the guests dance and talk amongst themselves. She refused several offers to dance or stroll in the gardens, and eventually the men stopped trying. At the end of the night, when the guests began finding their beds, she made her way to her chambers. Once there, she sent Cecilia to prepare a bath for her.

Damian had kept most of the servants under control during the evening and night as he had noticed Cecilia preparing a bath for Miss Ariya, he headed to her chamber, finding the door open with a small creek, as he looked in finding her dressed. He knew that she wouldn't be able to sense him as Cecilia was already returning with the water she needed for her bath. He left, knowing he'd be contacted if she wanted to see him anymore.

Ariya let Cecilia untie her corset and help her into the bath. "Cecilia, would you set up the bath curtain and call for Damian? I would like to speak with him."

Sorry, my cell connection went out. It was pouring down rain. I'm not bored with the rp.

It doesn't look like anyones online, so I'm logging off for the night. But I'll check back later, and I'll be online tomorrow.

((I am back after 5 hours of sleep XD))

Damian got the message from Cecilia only a few minutes after she had set up the bath curtain. He was quickly through the corridors until he ended up at her room, letting Cecilia tell him that he could enter before he softly knocked on the door, stepping inside. "You wanted to see me Miss Ariya?" He said in a soft tone as he bowed his head for her like every other servant would.

Ariya laughed, peering around the curtain. "Come sit over here. And you needn't act like a dog waiting to be beaten." She motioned to a stool beside the tub, where Cecilia would normally sit to help her mistress. "I have a few questions for you."

"Alright miss." Damian replied as he looked up at her for a moment before walking over to the stool, sitting down and then feeling a tinge in his spine when she mentioned she wanted to ask him questions. He looked at her for a moment, through the shower curtain as he then looked at the door. "Fire away." He said, just loud enough for her to hear it as he closed his eyes for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom