Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To be conquered (Methos and PreciousPetra)

Conrad held her there against him, listened as she sought to assuage his doubts as to her trustworthiness. He nodded slightly a his lips parted slightly with a contented sigh. “My brothers would kill you if you ever betrayed me. They would be only to happy to have so righteous an excuse to elevate themselves.” He smiled wanly as he idly noted “I’m not sure I shall like being king. It is a grand thing to think of. And yet here I lie telling the woman who wishes to be my queen that she had better be good for her word else she and our children are likely to die through the ambitions of my kin.” He shook his head slightly “A tangled world we exist in.”

His fingers idly strayed along her stomach as she assured him that her life and their child’s lay in his hands. Conrad seemed slightly sceptical that she could win over her former husband’s allies as she claimed to be able to. Although he simply nodded “I’m sure they would be useful to me should they choose to listen to you.” He wasn’t convinced they would but none the less they may well be useful people, he supposed to couldn’t hurt to let her try to bring them onside should he choose to go along with this.

He furrowed his brow as he remarked “Swear to me that you shall seek to aid me in my endeavours, be true, faithful and loyal to me in all things. Swear it on the life of our child, your own life and the everything you hold dear and holy.” He stated with a certain firmness. He seemed to want greater surety than she had already given. Which seemed to suggest he was all but convinced in any case.

He regarded her as he noted “Promise me that and I shall make you my wife.” He said rather simply as she lay against him. The youthful duke seemed to arrive at the conclusion she desired as his fingers strayed along her. His eyes traced along her as his lips pressed to hers to kiss her perhaps more fondly than he had before. Seemingly the duke could act in a manner that was rather human - at least when you ambushed him while hung over in the morning, and performed fellatio on him.

She could not hide how her body shivered as he held her when told how his brothers would kill her if she were ever to betray him. Isabel knew she would always need to be wary of his kin and watchful she was never seen or caught doing anything that would give them reason to take her life. All men it seemed were out for their own ends, not caring who they slaughted or walked upon as long as they were able to further their own standing within society. Did all men truly wish to be king or did some just wish to ride on another tails so they could gain wealth and power? Wealth and power had not helped her after the death of her family for all the lands and wealth that came to her upon her husbands death had been claimed by Conrad when he had slain them and forced himself on her, treating her as part of his claim to all she had owned briefly.

"It is a world which needs much improvement," she answered quietly. "If you become king you must simply do your very best. Surround yourself only with advisors who wish to serve you and not fill their own silk purses with wealth from you or your subjects. Do your upmost for your people and they shall always be at your side, treat them poorly and they will side with those who seek to bring you down." Isabel was older than the young man with whom she would soon have a child with and had seen much more of the betrayal which was possible within any kingdom. Oddly she spoke only to advise him though in truth she knew as long as he lived and as long as he stood his ground no matter what position he held she and their children would be safe.

"They shall listen to me, you know me not well enough but I have known many since I was a mere girl. All shall be useful in one way or another." She felt his fingers still stroking over her stomach and watched as he furrowed his brow as he sought even more reassurance from her. For the very first time he really did look like a young child, unsure of himself or the path which lay ahead for him even though it was one he himself had choosen. Once again her hand covered his as it moved over her stomach. "I swear on the life of our child, my own and everything I hold dear and holy," she replied in a soft voice. "that I shall seek to aid you in your endeavours, that I shall be true, faithful and loyal to you in all things."

Even as she said the words she could almost hear the sobs of her dead sons and husband in her head. But in truth what else could she do if she were to ensure her own life as well as the upbringing and future of the child she carried and any he may give her in the years ahead? She was condemed to be his either way and she would prefer to wear his wedding ring than the label of his mistress or his whore. She had seen such ruin many a women in the past and she would not allow herself to become another one of them.

Finally he spoke the words she had wished to hear for several months and going along with his manner she replied. "I promise that you shall make me your wife." In truth how he looked at her made her feel quite strange as mixed emotions began to whirl around inside of her, his lips pressed against hers. His kiss this time was different than any before, more gentle, fond and respectful than any before. Isabel found herself returning his kiss in kind as she lifted her hand, her fingers softly touching the side of his face.

She felt as if she were selling her very soul for the protection marraige to him would give her. And she was trying to ignore the fact she found pleasure in his bed.

Glory, importance, power they all held their attraction. Perhaps more troublingly some saw such thing as their destiny and their right, such as the man in question whom Isabel found herself in bed with. Nor did such people really believe themselves to be doing ill in launching such plans, rather they filled themselves with excellent reasons for their actions and became utterly convinced with the justice of their cause. After all none wished to see themselves as the perpetrator of any ill deed. Conrad rather firmly believed that her late husband had conspired to keep his father from the throne and had had a hand in his assassination - hence he was an enemy to be slain and his lands seized in retribution.

Conrad nodded as he observed “I will do well for my people if I am king. It will be a kingdom like no other that I preside over. One to be spoken of for ages.” He seemed to smile as he consider that “The roads will be paved and the fields irrigated. I’ll have sheriffs in the towns and harbours and merchants shall come from the four corners of the world and marvel at what a place they have come upon, a city with its walls sheathed in gleaming marble and a nobility of appearance unrivalled.” His mind seemed to wander slightly as he noted “I shall have the whole realm mapped and have the wealth of each country and scrap of land recorded so I shall know how much should be taxed and there could be no arguing that it was too much or too little. It will simply be.”

Naturally to create this realm of stability and glory he intended to leave a swath of his enemies bodies strewn in his wake. After all creation required some destruction didn’t it? He nodded slightly as he noted “My soldiers would follow me to the ends of the earth if I asked it of them. They’ve already benefited much from my leadership.” He observed as he noted “I’ve seized a great deal of land and wealth, much wealth has lined their pockets and some land will too once I get around to distributing it.”

Conrad listened to her pledge as he had required. When she finished he seemed content to have her assurance in that regard. He simply nodded and remarked “Then you shall be my wife.” After a moment’s consideration he observed “You should write to your family to inform them of my decision and make such preparations as are appropriate for our marriage.” He shrugged slightly “I’m sure you have more of an idea of what manner of ceremony is appropriate for such things than I do.”

He observed “I shall need to find you an appropriate ring.” That part of it at least seemed to occur to him. Then in a slightly bemused tone he remarked “I rather think your father shall be delighted with you and your sister rather bitterly disappointed.” He chuckled idly as his fingers stroked through a few locks of her blonde hair. “Your father seemed to vacillate between giddy at the prospect of inserting his bloodline into royalty and concern that someone else would convince me to take their daughter instead.”

Isabel knew that he believed he was right and that every action he took was a just one. However she didn't see things in quite the same way, for unlike Conrad she did not believe her slain husband had ever conspired to keep the other dukes father from the vacant throne or been part of the group who had taken him by surprise and killed him. But even if he had done either of those things why should she as his grieving wife have also lost her sons and in truth everything else? Though she still wished to scratch his eyes out for all he had done to her in the name of revenge she knew now she had been able to sway him into giving her his name she must step very, very carefully. It had been her only waking thought since she had found she was expecting his child and she would let nothing unsettle him or those who followed him. There was still a very thin line between security and losing everything for a second time and she would do anything to prevent such from happening.

Her gaze lingered on his face as he told her in his own way that he would make a very good king. He certainly said the correct things when he spoke of paved roads and irrigated fileds as well as an abundance of merchants who would come from far and wide to do trade in his kingdom. Isabel listened to him tell of the riches the city would be filled with and the marble walls which would protect it from intruders. "You seem to have given it a great deal of thought," she told him quietly and wondering just how loyal his soldiers would be if another such as he came along and promised them simular or greater riches from seized land. Isable closed her eyes as he spoke of distributing it to those who had remained at his side, not wanting to think about who he would give the lands too which he had seized from her a few short months before.

Even so she thanked God and breathed a silent breath of relief when he gave her his final word on her becoming his wife. "You shall not regret making such a choice," she replied as she smiled. It was a genuine smile and why wouldn't it be when she had finally been given something safe to hold onto which would secure several peoples futures. "I shall write to my parents straight after breakfast and inform them of our good news." She knew her father would be pleased and just as certain her younger sister would be furious and most likely weap and wail because she had again lost to her older sister. "I shall begin the preparations for our wedding as soon as I have finished the letter to my family. I shall ensure all the details are written down for your approval, it should not take me long." Isabel saw it as a marraige of convenience for them both as well as her second and so intended to keep it as small as possible, having the ceremony in either her parents home or her own. She also intending to wear a gown that she already had made several years ago. It was rather pretty but still plain and simple which would suit her intentions perfectly.

"A simple gold band is will surffice," she told him as his fingers stroked through her hair. "My sister shall learn that we do not always receive from our lives that which we think we diserve. I'm sure my father will secure her a suitable marraige soon...maybe you could put forward a name or two...once you have distributed the seized lands." Her voice was soft and silky as her hair unable to resist a possible delicious revenge on her foolish younger sister.

Isabel's gaze lifted to meet his. "There is now much to do this day, do you think we should arise?"

As she observed that he seemed to have thought about what he should do as king a great deal, he nodded to her and replied rather simply “I have.” Conrad smiled to her and then shrugged “At least in the general sense, the details I shall worry about when it comes to that. I must have a kingdom first before I can rule over it.” His fingers idly strayed over her as he mused “All things in their time. I shall have my crown soon enough.” He grinned slightly as he noted “Soon enough even if all the others stood against me as one it would not be enough.”

He nodded to her as he observed “Ah yes well I’m sure you should get to beginning those preparations in order. I should think it should take a measure longer than you think.” He noted with a measure of scepticism. “If the lords be they great or small are not invited then they should surely be insulted.” He idly noted “And if you think you can win over those who you claim as great friends of yours, then what better chance have you than then?” He smiled amiably enough as he noted “Besides I’ll arrange for many of the local lords that have not been disposed to have family members marry into my lords as well. Make it all a grand occasion, musicians, jousting all that.”

At the suggestion that a simple gold band would do, he once more shook his head. “The trick to assuming authority is to grasp it and begin to act with it and hold it before anyone else can say otherwise, people will get use to it. Thus if I am to be king and you queen we shall need to act the part so it simply seems natural when that is the case in fact as well as in appearance. For that a simple gold band will simply not do, it lacks grandeur. Something finer is needed.”

As for his suggestion as to what should be done with her sister, he seemed to pause to give the matter some consideration. Thereafter he noted “I’ll make one of my brothers a count and she can be betrothed to him.” He idly noted “I’ll make sure its of lands rather far away.” He smirked “As my brother would nominally be my heir until you give birth to a son, I’m sure its considered prestigious enough.” He pushed himself up upon his elbows as she suggested they rise. “I suppose we should do that. Although I do rather like having you in my bed.”

"And nothing in life is ever a certainty," Isabel replied quietly when he mentioned having to have a kingdom to rule first before his other thoughts were put into place. He could slain half of the country in his quest to be king and still never achieve his wish, and to her such a thing would be so bitter sweet. "But I am sure all you desire shall soon be within your grasp." Words spoken from a women who truly had no wish to be queen, but like many other females before and since she had little choice once life dealt them a certain hand...as the fingers of his hand moved idly over her form.
When he spoke of their wedding not being the small quiet affair she had thought more fitting her heart sank. In her mind as he mentioned all manner of lords she could see the invitations grow. He was of course correct that many would be insulted not to be invited but that did not mean a rather large part of her wished formaltity and correct behavour did not matter to her...but they did matter. "Of course you are right Conrad," she said though the words nearly choked her. "An occasion that shall bring all together, such festivites to bring joy to lighten the dark times. Would a date some two months from now please you?"

It seemed she was even to fail when it came to a simple gold band on her finger to bare witness that she belonged to him. He even spoke of her ring being a prelude of sorts to when they were king and queen. "If it pleases you that I should have a finer ring then I shall." Isabel knew he would instruct the best maker to create something suitable and to his liking.
Much as she should not have the deep feeling of satisfaction she felt when he took heed of her words regarding her sister, she could not help feeling it and taking pleasure from it. "I am sure my sister shall be most greatful and filled with joy to become bethrothed to one of your own brothers." And as much as she was doing all she was for the sake of decency, pride and to avoid shame Isabel found herself greatful when he told her the lands given to his brother would be far away from them. "Thank you," she heard herself reply quietly as he rose onto his elbows.

"I can return to your bed this evening is it pleases you to have me lay with you," Isabel replied as she began to rise from the bed, knowing she had much to do and rather little time in which to do it.

Conrad simply grinned as he noted “Nothing is certain, but I shall have my kingdom or I shall die in the attempt and I feel optimistic.” As she assured him that all he desired would soon be within his grasp, his hand slide along her body. His fingers pressed into the curvature of her ass and he rather mischievously noted “As least some of the things I desire already are.” His fingers would tighten and then he’d playfully swat its form.

He seemed to realize that he was creating a lot of work for her by insisting the matter of a wedding have the appropriate amount of pomp and ceremony. He smiled faintly as he noted “I think two months from now would be sufficient time for everything to be arranged. Although I leave such details to you.” He seemed to consider the matter as he noted “Though it is something of a large undertaking should I summon some of your kin to assist you in your preparations? I suppose I have aunts or cousins that may also be able to assist you.”

As she acceded to his statement that it was necessary for her to have a finer ring he noted “I should not want anyone to suggest that so plain a ring was intended as an insult or that it resulted from some miserly instinct upon my part. Something with a suitable number of gems and the symbols of our houses will likely suffice.” He seemed to have a vague idea of what he wanted the ring to be but the artisans could sort out the details.

As she thanked him for suggesting disposing of her sister by marrying her off to one of his younger brothers, he mischievously suggested “I’m sure she’d be happy to assist with your wedding preparations even as her own engagement is arranged.” He smiled as he noted “I’m sure she’d be delighted to lend her assistance to you.”

He nodded to her as she indicated she could return to his bed in the evening. “If you are to be my wife there should be no other place for you at night.”

Isabel could not help but say a silent prayer that if he were to die in his attempt to become King that he should do so after they were married so that she would have rights as his wife to retain his seized lands and wealth. There was no other to take care of herself other than her and as he had been the only cause of her current situation and sorrow she would do her upmost to ensure she did not suffer further loss in any shape or form. But no such desire showed on her face as he spoke, instead she looked at him with a different form of desire as his fingers pressed into her curve of her rear, tightening as he spoke of her being his just as he desired. She wriggled slightly when his fingers tightened and he gave it a playful slap, finding she liked the feeling of him doing such a thing. It un-nerved her slightly.

"I can ask my mother and two others of my kin to ensure all the arrangements are swiftly made and in place for our wedding in two months from now." If she waited longer her stomach would be swollen with their child and everyone would know he had taken her swiftly after he had killed her first husband. She could not bare the thought of all eyes upon her as they thought unsavoury thoughts about her decency, as much as she wanted his ring on her finger.
Isabel inclined her head. "I shall of course wear the ring you give me with pride and cherish it as a symble of our union of marraige and be proud to do so Conrad." She knew he would pay a handsome sum to the one who crafted it as long as it was impressive and grand...a sign to other men that she was spoken for and to look elseware. However appearances could be very deceptive and once he took a mistress she would not sit and be faithful, she would seek to find some form a happiness. And if a child was conceived of such an affair her husband would never know the child was not his...the one inside her stomach now was...that was all that mattered.
"
My mother, sister and my aunt I think," she could not help but give a satisfied smirk knowing her sister would be grieved that her letter did not path her way into his marital bed as his wife. "It shall give her practice on how to make arrangements for her own wedding, mmm yes I am sure she will be most delighted to help."

His remark of there should be no other place for her at night other than his bed surprised her and so she sought clayification. "Do you wish for me so share you bed every night before and after our marraige or am I to retain my own room and await your visits to my bed when you disire to make them?"

Naturally Conrad had no particular plans on dying. After all with the zeal of youth yet upon him, he conceived of little that could stop him. His hand lingered upon her form as he listened to her. He nodded idly as she indicated that with the assistance of several of her family members she was sure everything could be arranged within two months time. “Then send for them as I should think you shall have much to see to with respect to these arrangements.” He considered the matter and then idly noted “I shall have to leave you some gold.”

He smiled faintly as she indicated she would be pleased with the ring he spoke of as being necessary. “Of course you will.” Thereafter he idly noted “Yes, I’m certain you shall enjoy lording it over her.” He chuckled softly as he shook his head slightly. “I’m sure she shall be most downcast that you not she shall be a queen. She seemed to have her heart set upon the position.”

He lofted a brow to her as he noted “I should think so.” He observed and thereafter observed “Although once you are about to give birth I believe its customary you have your own room, as I should not like to be chased out of my own room by a horde of clucking women.” He scrutinized her briefly as he noted “But otherwise where else should I have you but with me?” His lips parted in a rather bemused smile as he noted “Least you mean to leave your duties to others, I would point out I’m a far younger man than your last husband and I should think the days I don’t desire company in my bed to be far fewer than those that I do.”

He shifted slightly where he lay and then reached over to a cabinet beside the bed an opened a drawer. He produced a sizable pouch of gold and handed it to her. Thereafter, he idly noted “I’m sure that shall be sufficient for you to commence your preparations.”

"My sister shall learn that we do not all receive what we wish for. I am sure she will recover in time and accept she was not meant to be your Queen." It was her own fault for trying to enslave Isabel as his whore and herself as his wife. "I'll have word sent to my kin this very day to attend me to organzise our wedding." When he then mentioned leaving her some gold she simply inclined her head in thanks.

Conrad she then learned wished for her to share his bed every night from that moment on, even after they were married. "It is customary for a wife to be in possession of her own bedroom when her confinement draws near." She knew then the only time she would lay without him would be when she was bringing one of their children into the world. She stiffened somewhat when he smiled and shared his wonderment that he wondered if she meant for other females to perform duties his wife could provide. "I assumed you would seek pleasures of the flesh from others regardless of my perfoming my duty as your wife...I believe it is well known and expected for men of breading and stature to have a mistress and lovers." She looked at him then directly. "I need no reminding that you are much younger than my first husband or that your desire for me shall be greater than his." When he then reached and handed her the pouch containing gold to pay for the vast wedding he insisted they have she inclined her head again, however this time she spoke. "Thank you, I'm sure this shall be sufficent for every requirement."

Isabel then withdrew herself from his bed and corrected her clothing before moving toward the bedroom door. "I shall begin preperations at once," she told him as she quietly left the room and him behind her.

Sometime later...

She sent for her mother, sister and aunt and they arrived within a week to help with the organisation. For the next two months they ensured the guest list was as it should be, the venue with all its decoration was prepared as was the food, drink and the entertainment. Her sister had been greatly put out to hear that despite her very best efforts he had choosen her older sister and not her to be his bride. Isabel had not enjoyed her presence at all but she could not help in delight at her misery at the task given to her.

Resting her hand on the small swell of her stomach Isabel sat at her desk as she read over the final arrangements for her wedding to Conrad which was to take place the following day.

Conrad simply grinned at the evident dislike Isabel had for her younger sister. He nodded casually in asset to her plans to summon her family to assist her. To some extent whatever pretensions Conrad had to suggest surprise that she would contemplate laying without him as his wife, part of it was like as not the somewhat canny notion that he was best to keep an eye on her. After all whatever else transpired he very much doubted she’d entirely forget her life previous to his arrival. It was best she not be allowed to dwell on that but find herself rather immersed in the act of being his wife and bringing up his children. Just as now he elected to keep her busy with arranging a rather elaborate wedding.

Youthful though he was he knew full well that those that were busy did not have time to undermine him. Thus he seemed satisfied with her departure to summon her kin and set about planning a wedding. While she went purposefully off about that task, quite naturally he did the sensible thing and went back to sleep. His head hurt.

Close to two months passed relatively quickly. Conrad found himself now besieged by a steady stream of petitioners be they merchants, nobles or commoners. The young lord having deigned to stay in one place for some time now supplicants evidently knew where to find him. Thus boundary and inheritance disputes invariably found their way into his lap, not to mention requested changes in tariffs, tolls and trade restrictions. Seized land had to be redistributed amongst his followers. The administration of a goodly block of the country was proving to be something of a nuisance and he was altogether too aware that it would become more so once he governed the remainder of the land.

Although the would be monarch had already began to see that there had to be some way to organize things to make this less time consuming. Clearly he needed some sort of reliable organization of surrogates to deal with some of these things on his behalf. He’d been fortunate to have that for his own initial lands, but most of the magistrates and sheriffs in the territories he’d concurred appeared to have been killed. Having opposed his rule that was really what they deserved, but all the work it was generating was a tremendous hassle. Aside from creating lords he evidently needed to create officials too, ah well if nothing else it left him with more patronage to dispense.

Tailors, ring makers and apparently everyone else in Denvorn had been put to work arranging this marriage. He shook his head slightly as idly wondered whether or not his thinking that a show of appearing as royalty had been necessary as it was damnably expensive. A veritable horde of nobles had descended upon the nearby city and the castle itself. He was no longer sure if he was here for a wedding or whether or not he’d simply become the host of the largest festival in the kingdom. In any case he now wandered through the hallway towards his chambers seeking the woman he was to marry.

As Isabel sat at her desk (now located within the chambers of her betrothed) looking over the final preperations for the betrothal she knew it would be an expensive and elabarate affair. However she also knew it would please Conrad for it to be such. It had after all been his idea for her to invite those of her own blood to stay and for the invitation list to include all manner of important and wealthy people. Of course he wanted those with influence to attend to aid in his desire to sit upon the throne of his own kingdom, with her at his side as his Queen. It was not something she had ever wished for herself but her own circumstances had changed though she liked them not. He was correct in his belief that she would not forget her life previous to his intrusion into it but nor did she know his reasons behind keeping her busy both in the time leading up to their betrothal and after when they were husband and wife.

The day would begin early when ladies would be in attendance to prepare her for the ceremony. Helping her into her gown of deep purple and handing her the boquet of red roses entwined with herbs and ivy and place a wreath upon her head, her hair long and flowing down over her shoulders. The castle was already being adorned in wheat, ivy and many other flowers and herbs to fill every room the guests entered. The food was to be in abundance amungst it turkey, venison, roast quail, partridge, goose, roasted boar and peacock, fish, cheeses, walnuts, fresh fruits, bread, tarts, custards, fruit preserves. Mulled wine, ale, beer, meade, milk, wine and water as well as jugglers and many other forms of entertainment would be following all of the day and late into the evening so that all would finally leave certain they had, had the most enjoyable time. Not to mention that they had been well tended to by their possible future King and Queen.

As she finally gathered all the parchments together, rolling them neatly and tucking them into her desk, she knew Conrad would at some point return to his chambers and that he would expect her to there waiting for him. Regardless of their bethothal being the following day and that most of the guests who would attend had arrived.

Conrad soon entered his chambers and there found Isabel. He nodded to her as he approached. Somewhat anxiously he’d inquire “Is everything ready?” Although he’d been told it was none the less he seemed slightly concerned that all should go as planned. After all he was to impress those whom were here with his power and his wealth. To seem a king in fact if he wasn’t yet in title. Precious treasure from his now rather expansive realm which loomed large in the west of the kingdom was being devoted to just that.

He smiled faintly as he remarked “I thinks ours shall merely be the first of many weddings that shall take place in the following months.” His hand would move to lightly rest against her side as he stood beside her. His fingers idly trailed along her as he noted “It would seem that every man I’ve made a Count, a Baron or a landed Knight has taken this opportunity to see themselves contracted.” He looked faintly bemused as he added “Evidently whereas the younger sons of good houses can forlornly covet a lady, they are embraced as welcome son-in-laws once I’ve elevated them in the world.”

He smiled as he noted “I’ve had a mob of them descending on me to thank me effusively all over again.” With a grin he noted “I rather suspect I could announce to them that my next campaign was to be upon the very gates of hell and they would saddle their horses and expect good fortunate to follow us through it.” He seemed rather pleased that if nothing else his followers were finding good fortune. After all engaged in open warfare, so it was pleasant for him not see his handiwork merely as battlefields strewn with bodies.

He gazed at her curiously as his eyes crept downward along her body. “Do you know how the child does? Does it prosper?” He asked with evident interest. After all the greater part of the reason he was now about to marry this woman was that she already carried his child. An immediate heir was desirable for securing the lands that he’d already obtained and those that he wished to rule. He seemed to expect that she’d be able to tell him these things by virtue of prior experience.

When he returned to his chambers Isabel inclined her head toward him and fell into a small curtsy as he approached her. "Yes everything is ready and everything shall be in place before most awake on the morrow." The servants who normally began work at five were to begin an hour earlier to ensure each flower that was placed was fresh and to prepare the wedding feast ensuring that again all produce was as fresh as possible. He had been most generous when it came to gold for their betrothal, though she knew he was simply showing off his wealth and his power. In truth she could not complain for she had almost begged him to take her as his wife and not retain her as a whore who carried his bastard children while he found and took a younger bride.

He was now standing close to her when he mentioned other betrothals would follow their own. "They do say people follow an example. Many believe you shall become King and even though they may not wish to admit it, they wish to be like you and to please you." A wry smile then crossed her pretty lips as she added. "Ah of course those who now own a title become far more attractive than when they were known by only their God given name."

Isabel felt his hand rest against her side and his fingers trailing over the material of her gown. She did not stop him or move away from his touch for she was not yet his wife and could little afford to displease him, even this close to her taking his name and wearing his ring upon her finger. However when he mentioned in jest that those he had given such titles to would gladly march to the gates of hell if he asked them, she gave him a look of distaste. "They truly have devotion to you. Though be careful for many a King has thought such only to find another mans greed can become even stronger than his devotion to his King once was."

When he mentioned the child Isabel reached for his hand and placed it on the small swell of her stomach, her own hand covering his. "Our child prospers well. It grows stronger within me each day, my pyscisian assures me of such and that everything is well." She certainly felt all was well for she did not feel different to how she had when she had carried her first two children.

Back
Top Bottom