Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

A knock rang threw the carriage as it came to a stop they where pulling into the cam that the men had rode ahead and made for them. Nathan rose grabbing his hammer and stepping from the carriage nodding. "Okay set up watches 2x4 watches. Someone always near this carriage. " With that he stepped back inside the carriage setting down leaning back to go back to sleep. "Are you going to be able to rest tonight? Or should i stay up with you."

Lyra shook a little before smiling, her arms around herself as she felt the cold embrace her, "It's fine, I'm sure I'll fall asleep sooner or later..I'm not too tired anymore anyway. You rest as much as you like though." She smiled, yawning a little, she felt like maybe she had over slept for some reason, she leaned back and stared outward at the sky which almost looked like a single sheet of black paper with holes punched in it. She'd never seen so many stars.

Nathan smiled pulling off his breast plate and his chain armor her wore under the plate coat. Once that was off he was smiled standing in only light pants and a light shirt. "Would you mind if i slept on the bed since you will not be in it right away? I can move when you decide to sleep if you want. "He looked at her standing next to the bed he would crawl into the back if she would allow him a share of the bed.

Lyra smiled and nodded without taking her eyes away from each single star she was counting, knowing very well that she'd been over the same stars quite a few times, it was pretty impossible to count so many.

After an hour or so she knew Nathan would be asleep, she carefully crept over to the bed and curled up at the end on her own, closing her eyes over hoping she didn't wake Nathan, just gazing for a while she could hardly keep her eyes open, and she was getting a little scared because of the noises despite the fact she had many men surrounding her to protect her.

Nathan felt her get into the bed and a few moments later he rolled over slipping his arm around her stomach. His shoulder rested against her and he sighed happily as he slept the night away. Her being so close kept his dreams light and happy allowing him to sleep long into the morning. As the sun started to rise they started to move they wanted to cut the journey down as much as they possibly could.

Lyra nuzzled herself into him through out the sleep as she felt him slip his warm arm around her, she sighed in bliss and rested happily through out the night. When the sun rose it began to burn her eyes almost from the strong heat in the forest, she stretched a little and gave a soft yawn, "Let's go!" She managed to mummble.

He woke up slowly taking a deep breath pulling her lightly into him. "It appears we already are under way. Would you like to do some actually riding today? If not i am more then content to just set here and talk. " He smiled moving over her carefully to set down on the bench across from her bed.

Lyra giggled a little as she watched him crawling over her, "Maybe a little later... I'm still tooooooooooooo tired!" She yawned, stretching herself out, still curled up in the position she was in all night, tangling her hair in between her fingers as she gazed at Nathan.

"Sounds fine to me. " He smiled leaning back looking into her eyes. He smiled brightly he needed to get over the feelings he had for her but he knew that was going to be a real challenge.

Lyra's stomach grumbled, even though she had such a petite frame and she was quite thin she could eat for the world. She definitely had a great appetite. "Hrmmm.. Do you think I could get a little to eat? I'm completely starvedddd.." She laughed, holding her stomach and she pulled herself up, giving one last, huge stretch.

"Certainly, Do you mind eating sandwiches?" He stood opening the door as the carriage rolled along yelling out to bring back some food and wine. He smiled looking at her as he pulled in a large basket and closed the door.

Lyra laughed a little and nodded, "Of course not. It'd be a change to the usual fancy specially prepared dinner. Once I'd just love to... Have a family, in a small cottage maybe.. Cooking dinner for my family with my kids even, a lovely home made meal. Not something fancy that a professional chef has prepared. Ah, if only.." She smiled to the thought, helping Nathan bring in the things.

"Well you will be having that for the length of our trip. " He chuckled spreading out a cloth beginning to prepare the meal for them. He smiled glancing over at her regularly. "Well minus the family. " He chuckled giving her foot a gently kick showing her he was joking with her. He then handed her a plate and a glass of wine leaving his glass empty for the time being to avoid spilling.

Lyra laughed to the little kick he gave her, "Watch now, you don't want someone jumping on you and taking you in for arrest for hurting the Princess!" She joked, rolling her eyes, although that was how it had always been, the slightest thing and.. Before you know it you're in a prison cell. "I wouldn't really mind it at all."

"You would not mind me going to prison? " He gave her his best devastated face pouting softly. "I am crushed that my well being means so little to you. " He winked at her playfully as he began eating his eyes glancing up at her regularly.

"Haaa--Ha!" She said sarcastically, "I meant I wouldn't mind living like this for a while. Idiot." She gave him a little smack on the head, growling playfully before laughing, she sighed a little before digging in to what she had on her plate, it was quite enjoyable, definitely different to what she usually ate.

He ate quickly smiling brightly as she smacked him it felt far better then the last time he was smacked by a noble. "You can never tell some times you think someone likes you and they really long to see your demise. " He smiled playfully leaning back once his food was finished pouring his glass of wine and enjoying it slowly.

Lyra shrugged with a sigh, "I guess so.." She peered around a little warily, "Gosh, are we even half way there yet?" She complained, dramatically making her body jump up before falling backwards with a groan, her dress accidentally coming up a little, "I hate long journeys! They go on and on..."

"We should be half way there shortly I am sorry i thought you would like coming to the coast and being away from prying eyes. We can return you home if you would like. " He smirked looking at her his hand quickly fixing her dress before he leaned back again.

Back
Top Bottom