Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

Lyra smiled and entered in her room. She stood for a few seconds, taking a heavy breath, "Things are gonna change around here.." She sighed and tried to realize that this was for the best, especially for Nathans happiness. She undressed herself and ran herself a hot bath with insents. She dipped her foot in to check the temperature then slowly sunk down. Within moment she'd fallen asleep, and after that hour had passed it was Nathans knocking which awoken her. "U-uh.. Just a moment!" She yelled. She jumped out of her now almost freezing bath and dried and dressed herself into her night gown. She opened the door to Nathan and sighed. "I do not wish to take my nightly walk." She looked down the halls to see if anyone was in sight then took Nathans hand and pulled him into her room, "Please, lay for a while. Like the other night?"

He nodded and was pulled in looking at her taking a deep breath removing his helm with the other hand hanging it on the door nob. " Lyra? Is something bothering you you have been acting a bit strangely ever sense you met my sister do you not like her? " He was worried if the 2 did not get along it could make his life very difficult. Deep down he was already a bit upset that she could not like her so soon they had only just met, jumping to conclusions was a trait he had been dealing with for years.

Lyra took his hand and pulled him down beside her so he was laying next to her, facing eachother. "No, she seems wonderful. I cant wait until I have a chance to talk to her more. She seems a lot like you, why would I not like her?" She smiled, "I just hope that things dont suddenly become a lot more closed off for us now that she is here, I hope we can still remain as we are." She sighed, maybe she sounded pathetic, but he was one of the first people she was so close to.

"I hope things can remain as they are though ... I am afraid i know that they wont stay like this for to long." He knew that she was going to be married off soon and it broke his heart. He ran his metal clad hand ran lightly over her arm as he sank deep into the bed with the extra 70 lbs of armor on. He stared into her eyes looking deep into her eyes wishing he could lay like this with her for ever.

Lyra took his cold, hard hands which were coated in metal and pressed them against her rosy cheeks, closing her eyes over, "No matter what, I hope we stay friends." She sighed, kissing the cool metal, only wishing she could kiss him with the dear passion she knew she had growing for him.

"As long as i am allowed i will remain what ever you wish me to be. " He wanted to tell her about the feelings that where tearing his chest apart. He stared into her eyes taking a deep breath glad that his men were his friends and would not care if he was breaking some rules. He smiled as she kissed the plated hand taking a deep breath biting his lip lightly fighting the urge to kiss her.

Lyra nodded, her eyes still closed. She raised her head a little and slowly moved toward him almost as if she were going to kiss him. But, no. She had resistance. She simply rested her forehead gently upon his, she was now able to feel his heavy breaths against her skin. "Just stay with me for now then...And promise you wont ever leave me unless you truly have to...I really need someone in my life."

Nathan looked at her a bit confused she had so many people in her life it did not make sense to him. He took a deep breath tried to call his heart the pounding in his chest caused by her near kiss made him shiver. He smiled looking at her knowing she could not be comfortable against his armor plates. He took a deep breath again and closed his eyes trying to relax and enjoy her presence .

Lyra slowly began to doze off, she was pretty cold and her body was almost shaking, but it was just the fact that she could be with him like this that made her lay at peace.

Nathan slowly slipped from the bed with her covering her up with great care. He hoped she would not wake the young girl needed her rest. Stephen slipped from the room as silently as he could putting his helm on and going to the stables. He had to arrange for transportation for the convoy. A large wagon and a elegant carriage that the princess could sleep in comfortably. He got a horse for everyone and a spare in case she decided she wanted to ride. Once that was done he finally went to bed taking off his armor and laying down on his bed with a groan.

( Stephen? o.o )

The Princess sleeped peacefully, thinking Nathan was resting at her side, when she awoke through the night and saw he had left, she simply turned and lay, staring at the ceiling blankly. It was almost sun-rise, and she wasn't tired anymore. She decided to get an early rise. She soaked in the bath and packed together a few things she might need for their trip. By the time she was ready it was about 7am.

He slept well though it was a short rest his excitement for the up coming trip rousing him long before sun rise. He got dressed and helped his men get there things in the wagon preparing for the trip. Once that was done not long after 7 he knocked on her door smiling brightly his helm was inside the carriage outside. "Princess it's Nathan. "

Lyra heard Nathan approaching and before he could say anything she ran to the door and flung onto him as she opened it, "Finally! We're leaving!" She laughed, taking his hand and dragging him down to the carriage, "Be warned. You must keep me entertained otherwise I'll turn into grumpy Princess. And you don't want that."

"I will do what i can princess. " He smiled brightly and helped her into the carriage stepping in after her. "Lets move!" He said as he stepped into the door closing it his knees absorbing the movement as the carriage and the surrounding horses began moving. Once Nathan sat down he set his mace near the door and smiled at her still in his armor looking into her eyes. "It is a 2 day trip so you will need to sleep in here once. Your bench can be pulled into a bed i will do that for you later." He smiled leaning back enjoying the comfortable bench.

Lyra smiled and nodded, "I don't mind, just the sooner we get there the better. Away from this place. Somewhere new for once.. I don't wanna walk around how I do now though.. I've brought some other clothes that I had made for me so I looked a little, erm, less.. I don't know, Princessy?" She laughed, shrugging, although she did like wearing the classy, lady-like things she did.

"Do not worry the rest of your guard will be watching you very subtly. I will remain the same as i normally do watching you from a short distance in my armor. Though this is my home town so many will not pay much attention to us. " He smiled looking at her he would allow her to do what ever she chose this trip was about her not about her fathers wishes.

Lyra nodded slowly, knowing she was in good hands aslong as she was with Nathan and his men. "And what about your promise..?" She whispered, moving a little closer to him, "Don't tell me you've forgotten now, have you?" She smiled a little, giving him a little tug.

"I promised i would i will do it. I already have a plan to make it something you will not soon forget. " He smiled a bit embarrassed she brought that up already. He hoped that he could hold his emotions on this trip knowing that none in his command would say a word if he did not and fell for this woman. He knew though that soon her father would find her a husband and he would lose her.

Lyra smiled but could only gaze at his expression, she really wondered what was going through his mind, what was always going through his mind when he was with her. She took his hands in hers and sighed, laying her head awkwardly to the side, "This is already killing me.." She laughed, it hadn't been very long in the carriage but it felt like forever.

"You could just lay down and relax if you wanted. I will understand if you want to sleep." He smiled looking into her eyes he wanted to say they could just lay down and hold each other but he did not dare. "What are you looking forward to doing most when we get there. "

Lyra laughed a little and nodded, she leaned forward and rested her head in his lap, "Much comfier than laying back on this carriage.." She nodded to herself and sighed, closing her eyes to relax a little. "Well... We'll have to wait and see, won't we now? I couldn't really tell you."

He laughed slowly standing up taking off the shoulder pads of his armor setting them next to him. He chuckled softly very carefully picking her up putting her in his seat as he pulled her bench into a bed so she could lay down if she wished. Once he was done he sat back down next to her smiling.

Lyra layed her head on his shoulder when he took his shoulder pads off and knew she would soon doze off, she woke up in the middle of the night and knew that she needed to get a little extra sleep. A little sleep wouldnt hurt, it would sure pass some time.

"Here lets lay you down. " He moved her slowly laying her down on the small bed and began taking off his armor. He was going to be setting down for a long while and it was cutting into him. After a short while he was stripped down wearing 2 layers of pants with chain mail in the middle and his breast plate. He smiled looking at her leaning back putting his head against the wall so closing his eyes.

Lyra awakened after a good few hours of sleep, it was already the beginning of night-fall and the sky was a navy color, almost black. She turned to Nathan and smiled, giving him a little peck on the cheek. She sat up yawning, staring out at the blackened area, she was almost terrified being out in the dark like this, even surrounded by men who will protect her.

Back
Top Bottom