Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

Lyra quickly moved past him only closing her door over half way, "Okay." She said bluntly. She hopped upon her bed and took a book from her bed-side table, "Ooh.. Reading.." She said sarcastically to herself before flipping forward a few chapters. She didn't really want to be following by numerous men on the town, heck, she'd been there alone before. Maybe a friendship wouldnt be a good idea. Something could be assumed wrong with all those men watching.

He took a deep breath knowing she though Thanos was going to be following her like he did. He would not Thanos preferred not to be seen he would be on a roof several buildings back just watching them from a distance. He could not go in and tell her that though he wondered just what was going on.

Lyra put her book down and hopped up out of bed, she opened her window wide, glaring out at the town from a distance, "Ah well... Maybe some other time, eh.." She sighed and lowered her head, thinking of all the 'great' possibilities she had in this palace, just like every other day, and she didnt want people following her around, her and Nathan anyway.

Nathan stood there mumbling to himself as he tried to think of a way to relay what ever the king might say. It was not working though his mind was blank he was trying to figure out just exactly what had made it so. After a short time he had figured it out, her being upset with him was what was bothering him and he could not figure out why that bother him. He was used to people being angry at him all the time he just wanted to figure out exactly what was going on in his mind.

Lyra shrugged and couldn't think of anything, maybe a good talk would do her good before deciding on what she'd do with her day, "Nathan." She called out, not turning herself away from the window, "Come in here, please. And leave the door open." She sighed, turning her head slightly, people weren't exactly allowed in her room unsupervised, but men were walking past all the time and if the door were wide open why would anything be suspicious?

"I would rather not princess could we go talk in the conference room or the garden instead?" He spoke only just loud enough for her to hear from the front of the door. He was facing in the door open looking at her. The last thing he needed was someone calling him up on charges of doing something obscene with the princess.

Lyra rolled her eyes and slumped her 'perfect' posture, "Nevermind. Could you close my door please." She said, turning before sitting back onto her bed, maybe an afternoon nap would be a nice thing since the hours were passing quite finely. She hoped Nathan knew of the 8oClock ball that was on that night for her to be surrounded by older men asking for her hand.. As always.

"Princess is something wrong? What is bothering you?" He wanted to step in but he had sworn never to set foot into her room as long as she was inside. He spoke softly he was very concerned she seemed very strange today she was so happy yesterday. Was it because of the ball tonight? It had to be the reason she was fine yesterday.

Lyra curled up into her duvet and hoped for the ball to hurry and begin, the quicker it started, the sooner it would end, she closed her eyes over and blacked out everything she could hear, including Nathans voice, she couldn't get to close to him as she would be marrying a man soon.

"Princess?" He spoke loudly hoping she would hear him before he moved in thinking something must have been wrong. He took off his gauntlets tossing them onto the bed as he moved quickly to her side his finger reaching out pressing into her neck over her pulse. "Princess are you okay? " He was worried she had been poisoned he was about to run and get Thanos he was good with poisons he would know how to fix it.

Lyra squirmed a little at Nathan's touch, letting out a soft yawn, she turned and looked up at him, her eyes slowly fluttering open, "Mrrnn.. Nathan..?" She gave a little squeak as she moved herself up slightly, "Is something wrong?" She stared blankly at him, her blankets still pulled neatly over her petite frame. "I was just having a little nap.." She smiled sweetly.

His face flushed nervously and he gripped his gauntlets backing up. " I am sorry. I... I...I though something had happened. You where acting somewhat strange I thought maybe you where ill. " He Slipped his gauntlets and his helm on and moved quickly from the room. He was terrified that he had crossed several lines and he was embarrassed that he was was so worried about her.

Lyra laughed a little at how quickly he removed himself from the room. She stretched a little before pushing herself up and following on behind Nathan, "It's fine.. It's your duty to protect me, is it not? It's fine, all you were doing was trying to protect me in fear of there being something wrong with me." She smiled and sighed in relief, "I needed that little nap. And thank you for taking care of me." She smiled, walking down the corridors, "I'll see how my Father's feeling."

He did not say a word and was glad he had his helm on to hide his nervous expression. Was she going to her see her father to complain that he had burst into her room for no reason? She was not that kind of person was she? He looked nervous but form outside his armor he looked as clam as could be he did not appear to have any nervousness at all. He took a deep breath and followed her as he always did a few paces behind her.

Lyra turned, her eyes narrow, "I'm not sure if my Father's going to be too happy.." She sighed, thinking about how he'd react to her now asking him for what Nathan had recently requested of him, but Nathan and his many were extremely trustworthy. Once arriving to her Father's room she tapped lightly on the door, "Father?" She mumbled, "I want to speak to you.." She slowly creaked open the door to see her Father sitting down, greeting her with a warm smile, "You know.. The request Nathan asked of you to take me out around the coast and what not.. Do you think I could? I'm becoming Queen soon and I won't have time to do anything, so please Father I want whats left of my childhood." She pouted a little, sighing every so often. Her Father's her lowered as he though, "It couldn't hurt.. Sure. But if anything happens to you I'll be sure that Nathan and his men are banished! For good." Lyra gulped, nodding slightly, "He'll take GREAT care of me.." She turned around to look at him with a smile, "Believe me." She exited the room shortly after and decided to head to the tailors room, she wanted to see what dress she'd be wearing tonight.

"Come Nathan, and please, we're pretty much alone.. Take off your helm." She laughed.

When she talked about her father being upset he took a deep breath he was certain she was going to tell him. When she did not he let out a nearly silent sigh of relief. He was across the room when she looked at him having never left the doorway. It was rude for him to walk into a meeting of the to of them he did not flinch when the king spoke of banishing him he knew that would neve happen.

He followed her towards where only she knew, remaining several steps behind her. When ordered to remove his helm he did just hat he could not figure out what her obsession was with him not wearing his helm. If she was walking around or in another room he would not even be in sight for her to know he was helm free.

Once Lyra reached the tailors room she gave a little tap before entering, "Come, Nathan. Do not stand out here again like a statue." She huffed, rolling her eyes before fully entering the room.
"Evening, Lady Lyra. Ready for the ball tonight?" One of the woman asked with a smile and a bow. "Not without you I'm not. You design me the most darling dresses." She laughed a little and walked toward the woman to sit beside her, she had a selection of three. "They're beautiful.." She smiled and gave the woman and hug of appreciation, as she usually would. "Thank you Lady Lyra." She smiled with a little blush. Lyra should her head, "Thank you." She swooped all three of the dresses over her arm and gave a little wave before heading back toward her room.

Nathan sighed as he was ordered to come into the room. Why did she want want him in here he rolled his eyes as he put his helm back on. His eyes repeatedly falling on the young girl as she spoke to her tailor. He was quite surprised by the affection that she showed the tailor. He liked that she was able to be so kind to those who served her. When she left he followed her moving quickly up to her side. "Princess i will carry those for you if you like. " He offered his arm for her to drape them over.

Lyra laughed and shook her head, moving the dresses to her other arm so Nathan could not get them, "No, it's fine. You're my guard not my servant. I can do things myself, in fact I prefer to." She stuck her tongue out playfully with a smile, "Maria my tailor is actually teaching me some sewing so I can start making my own dresses and maybe even make some clothes for the people in the city who don't have enough money... When I tried to help out my Father was entirely against it and didn't like me socializing with the others. But when I take control of this kingdom, I'll make sure all is right and everyone is happy." She nodded with quite the serious face, that was all she wanted.

"Princess you have people to do that for you." He smiled removing his helm winking slightly looking at her giving her a soft smile. "Your father could not stop you from buying more cloths then you need and giving having my men give them away could he?" He chuckled softly walking next to her glancing at her giving her a soft smile.

Stop it! Stop flirting with her she is the princess. I don't care if she is the kindest noble you have ever met. If you try anything with her you will wind up hanging from the gallows. He let out a soft sigh shaking his head doing everything he could to stop himself from flirting.

Lyra giggled, nodding, "Yeah, yeah." She smiled, stopping for a second before quickly moving herself in front of him, pressing her palm to his chest to stop him, "Is something bothering you..?" She asked, gazing curiously up into his eyes, "You know you can tell me if there is. We're friends now, right?" She laughed, "At least we should be.. This is the most I barely ever speak to anyone.." She shrugged, sighing a little.

"No nothing is bothering me. I am just planing out your trip. When would you like to leave? " He was grateful for having a way to cover his confusion. It really did bother him that he was growing attracted to this young girl. He needed a night off to blow off some steam but there was no way that was happening anytime soon. "I will warn you one there you wont be living in the same luxury that you have here. "

"Oh, okay!" She smiled with a little laugh, "Well.. Maybe the end of this week since the ball is tonight... Usually after the ball there are men coming through day's and nights to ask for my hand, not for me of course, they're all snobby and stuck up.. They just want the money." She huffed and folded her arms, "Your tux will probably be in your room for you.." She smiled, "I hope you know you're coming, too.. If Father hasn't explained when we have these things you have to stay in the room with me, disguised, which is what your suit is for while your other men take watch of the surrounding area, that way if something happens you can jump in." She nodded, he probably already knew, but she wanted to make sure. "I'm going to go try these dresses on, Mr consultant! Because you're going to tell me what you think, now wait right here." She laughed running into her room. She closed the door over and began to undress.

He took a deep breath he would rather have spikes on the inside of his armor then wear a suit. He would also have to disguise his weapon in his suit which meant he could not wield his hammer. He sighed as she ordered him to help her choose her dress. He did not want to help her choose the dress she would go off to meet other men in. He certainly did not want to spend the next hour staring at her in several dresses would be a very pleasurable torture but torture none the less.

[ Several..? There are only three..? o.o ]

Lyra slipped into the first dress. It was a black, silken dress which reached a little below her knee's with black net beneath it showing a little. Across the dress were numerous little white patterns with a ribbon tied below her bust which made her breasts look fairly bigger. She slipped her feet into black strap pumps, looked into the mirror and gave a shrug. "Nathan.." She mumbled before opening her bedroom door, "Nice, or not?" She looked a little wary about this one.

Back
Top Bottom