Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

He reached out with his gloved hand It added nearly a half an inch of room around his fingers. He still moved them with great care wiping the tears from her eyes. "I cant have the princess crying while talking to me. That would get me into a good deal of trouble. " He smiled his hand on her cheek guiding her back up to her chair next to him.

"What do you think of going to the southern coast for a week? Do you have things you need to do on a daily basis? Could you get away? I think i could talk your father into it. " He smiled looking at her running his fingers threw his hair. He smiled looking at her taking a deep breath he needed to steel his nerves before he lost his calm.

Lyra's eyes widened, "No, no, no! I do nothing, boring, sit around, laze!" She jumped out of her seat almost throwing herself onto Nathan as she grabbed him, "Really!?" She yelped up close, smiling widely, "You could do that? But would it work? I mean he's very protective.. I mean..Ah!" She squeaked, excited at the idea to actually leave the palace, the little town she'd always been stuck in. After a few seconds she realized how close she'd gotten to Nathan, her cheeks became a little flushed and she pulled away, brushing herself off, "Sorry.. Got a little over excited.." She laughed awkwardly.

He stiffened as she threw her self at him he was nervous and a bit confused. He had never had any woman do that let alone a woman of station. He stared at her nervously as she calmed herself a faint smile on his face. He enjoyed it though he was glad his armor kept her from pressing to much into him that could have gotten awkward.

"I am not making any promises other than to try. Your father is very protective but he has never had a team like mine to watch over you. I suppose it will be a difficult talk but i have an appointment with him tomorrow morning first thing. As well as every Friday for updates and requests. " He smiled looking at her putting his hand on her upper arm.

Lyra nodded, "Mhm, mhm.." She sighed and shrugged, "All I can honestly say to you is good luck... My Father is a tough nut to crack, and when I say tough, I mean tough as nails." She shuddered a little at the thought of her Father when he was angry, it was like a volcano eruption that singed. She turned quickly from her daze as he put his hand onto her arm, placing her hand lightly upon his, "Thank you. I am truly greatful." She smiled before standing and heading toward the door to go to her room to change for dinner. "Well.. It's dinner in about 15 minutes so, you can ease a little." She headed toward her room, her walk elegant, still with her tight, perfect posture.

He stood slipping his helm back on following her slowly staying a few paces behind her. He smiled under his mask she was nothing like he had expected. All of the noble children he had met where spoiled rotten and he hated them. He had once took a swing at a noble's son but his men managed to pull him back before he made contact. Rumor had it his distrust for nobles was why the king chose him to keep an eye on any suitor that might come along. He followed her to the dining room stopping at the door standing there watching her from across the room. This was as far as he was allowed to go in this room unless he was ordered to do so or the situation called for it.

Lyra took her seat near the end of the table, she could see Nathan standing in his usual statue pose on the other side of the room. She shook her head and pointed at her face then did a charade of her taking something off her face. Which meant she wanted him to take his mask off, even her Father didn't like the men to hide their faces.

As her Father entered the room she stood and bowed her head, smiling pleasantly. "Father." She mumbled, "Where is my younger Brother.." She said warily. "Oh, he's staying in a friends house." He laughed. Lyra sneered and shook her head slowly before sitting. Gazing back up at Nathan and awaiting for him to take that annoying mask off. When dinner was brought out, she correctly picked up her cutterly and ate her food in small pieces, covering her mouth when she chewed. She was quite a polite woman.

Nathan did not remove his mask he had rules about when he would and would not wear it. If he was with her or with a small group he would not wear it. However when he was not going to be part of the conversation he would rather wear his helm it gave those around him the illusion of him not being there. He stood there like a statue waiting for her meal to be over in his mind running threw the words he would use with the king in the morning. He had never been very good at speaking with authority but he was going to have to learn quickly.

Lyra playfully pulled tongues to Nathan when he didn't remove his mask and gave him some sort of snarl, but it weren't so serious. Lyra didn't really eat much of her meals, she found that eating little got her full quickly. After finishing her meal she stood and bowed, "Thank you Father. Goodnight." She smiled and gave her Father a kiss on the head, "Sleep well." She mumbled as she walked out of the dining room and headed to her bedroom so she could change into her nightwear. Usually before she slept she liked to sleep in the back palace garden. It was MUCH smaller than the main palace gardens, but it was nearer to the forest and you could see the stars. The sky was beginning to blacken too.

As they walked threw the hall down the palace wing Nathan smiled seeing his guards already in place at her door. Both wearing black breast plates over black leather armor with brass studs. "Stragus, Timijin. " He nodded as the one who appeared to respond to Stragus turned to push the door open. "Thank you gentlemen is Smoke around back? " They both nodded and he smiled having positioned a guard on the ground below her balcony so she could not sneak away. " This is where i must bid you good night Princess sleep well and i will be here to great you in the morning. " He bowed deeply and waiting to be given his leave.

Lyra turned with a smile and nodded, she took his hand and shook it firmly, "I had a lovely talk with you today." She gave him a quick, simple peck on the cheek. "Do sleep well, I'll see you come morning." She released his hand and walked into her bedroom, closing the door over.

She always had a little trouble with the ribbons at the back of her dress, but she managed in the end. Once it had dropped from her body to the floor she hung it over the back of her chair where one of the maid's would take it to clean the next morning. She slipped on her silken, lacy night gown that had been placed out for her and pushed her feet into fluffy slippers, allowing her hair to fully loosen over her shoulders and back. Once she was dressed she opened her bedroom door to see the two guards who she nodded at, "I'm going for a walk as I do every night.. Follow me if you must." She sighed, walking down the corridors to the back of the palace gardens.

He turned giving no orders to his men they knew what to do he took a deep breath and made his way back to his quarters on the other side of the room. He smiled as he removed his armor placing it on the dummy he had to keep it in place. He smiled taking a deep breath he laid down relaxing wondering exactly what was going to happen. He spoke softly wondering exactly what was going to happen with this assignment. "I don't know if i can handle working with her and remain professional. " Said to no one but himself she was so nice and caring nothing like what he expected.

Stragus nodded and followed her silently moving slowly threw the coridors after her. He was only there to make sure nothing bad happened while Nathan rested. He was a bit annoyed that he was going to have to be dealing with this young girl He was hoping to just have to watch a door while she slept.

Lyra turned and looked at Stragus a little funny, he didn't really seem to want to be here, "Sorry to take up your time.. I don't mean to be a bother.." She smiled, trying to be polite to him, "I'm only going to sit down for a little before I sleep.." She sighed and continued walking until reaching the back garden, the sky looked like a black piece of paper that had hole punches dotted all over it. It was beautiful. She smiled, gazing up into the nights sky before sitting herself down on one of the nearest benches. She closed her eyes over and thought about what might happen with Nathan. She really had no idea, but she knew there was a friendship building.

Stragus stayed several yards away his eyes scanning the area for movement. He was not happy about this little nightly tradition and he would inform Nathan tomorrow morning that he needed to stay up a bit longer and walk her out and back. He had nothing against the young woman he was just told he would not have to deal with anyone people and that was what he liked best about this job.

Lyra couldn't enjoy her night, she could practically feel Stragus' discomfort. "It's cold.." She sighed before marching off back inside and into her hall, "Goodnight. Thanks for.. Walking me down." She slammed her door shut, flicked her light switch off and huddled down into her bed, getting comfortable as she could and holding tightly onto the separate pillow she had, she hated the big space in her bed so she liked to have something to hold onto to. "Goodnight." She whispered to herself before dozing off.

The next morning Nathan woke early as did Thanos Both back in there armor and heading to the kings office. Once inside Thanos stood by the door waiting to be spoken to as Nathan moved to stand in front of the kings desk. Slowly he removed his helm and pushed his hair back from his face taking a deep breath.

"Your highness thank you for seeing me this morning. After speaking with your daughter and with my men. I would like to take her on a trip to a small town on the ocean. It is my home town I have personal relationships with ever man woman and child in that town sir. It appears that your daughter has never seen the country that she is meant to rule. With my men watching her sir I promise you that she can go anywhere in this nation and be as safe as she is right now laying in her bed. "

He stood ridged at attention waiting for the kings response hoping that nothing he said offended him. He knew that his plan to leave this castle depended on the king wanting his daughter to know the land she would rule. He took a deep breath watching him his mind racing with what to say next.

The King lowered his head in thought, "I have to think about this.. I've nothing left to say. Away while I think." She king said as he shooed them out of his office.

Lyra awoken bright and early to her new clothes layed out for her on her bed, these were a little less.. Broad, and showed more of her figure instead of making her look like a pumpkin, however she wonder where Nathan was. She began to undress and changed into clean under garments and slipped on her crimson laced up dress on with a small black cardigan which sat on her shoulders nicely. She brushed through her silky curls and neatly tied them up into a pony tail, a few strands still hanging from the sides of her face. She sighed and fell onto her bed, awaiting Nathans arrival.

Nathan and Thanos left the room quickly both redawning there masks. He took a deep breath both knowing what had not been said meant his plan failed. Thanos went about his business and Nathan made his way to the princesses room. "Your dismissed men go tell smoke the same. " They nodded and left the door. "Princess its Nathan are you ready for your day? " He knocked softly to make sure see was awake.

Nathan's men where allowed in her room while she was not there that is how they cleared the room every night. Though the king had made it very clear no one entered the room with his daughter. Nathan liked that idea it kept everyone in his care from having to deal with false allegations.

Lyra jumped a little as she got scared at the sound of the thump, "Ah, Nathan, yeah!" She jumped up and brushed herself off taking a quick look in the mirror before heading toward the door. She slowly turned the handle and jumped out the door, "Morning!" She laughed, smiling sweetly, "Did you sleep ok?" She asking, walking past him and down the corridor, "And... My Father? What did he say..?" She said eagerly.

He moved slowly to follow her smile light up the hall she looked wonderful this morning. He closed his eyes trying to drive that from his mind. She is the princess stop think about her like that you fool do you want to get hung? "Good morning malady. Your father seemed slightly annoyed but he did say he would think about it. I am hoping that he does just that if not i will bring it up again when i see him on Friday. " He followed removing his helm he could not remember if they were going to breakfast or not.

Lyra's face dropped a little and she seemed a little down. She stopped until Nathan caught up to her and walked beside him."Well.. Thanks for trying, I'm sure my Father will say yes, with men like you how could he not say yes?" She laughed a little with a sigh, "Well, we usually have breakfast separately, it's layed out in the dining hall. Father usually leaves it until lunch time and has.. 'brunch'" She shrugged and headed toward the dining room, "You can have some breakfast with me this morning if you like. Don't worry, it's allowed." She laughed a little, giving him a playful wink. "You won't get into trouble."

"I ate before i saw your father but i will stand closer if you would prefer miss. " He spoke softly following her pulling the chair out for her. Once she was seated he pushed it back in and stood next to her still not wanting to break down that professional relationship. He needed to stay as professional and detached as he could just to make sure he did not get to attached to her.

"Oh..." Lyra sighed, looking down a little, "Well that's fine." She'd actually had food specially prepared for him since she didn't eat much, and it was already set out on the table, she'd just have to leave it then. "No, you're fine there.." She smiled a little, taking small bites out of her breakfast, not being too quick this time. "My Father often allows me out into the town.. So if so... Would you like to come into town with me some time today..?" She mumbled, taking another little bite.

He nodded looking over the spread of food clearly she had not meant to eat alone. Tomorrow he would not eat and eat with her instead. He stood there watching her but not in a way that would make her feel towered over. "I have no choice miss but i would like to know if that was your intent. If you intend on going out on the town i will need to tell Thanos so he can come alone with us and watch the roofs. "

Lyra stood and pushed her chair under after she finished her breakfast, she piled all the untouched food onto one large plate and left it in the center to be cleaned, "What a waste." She huffed, "Hm, what?" She turned, listening, "Thanos?" She blinked a little before remembering, "Oh... No, that's okay. I can entertain myself in the palace. I might just go to my room for a little now." She smiled and marched off down the hallway toward her room.

Nathan moved slowly he had a man watching her balcony 24 hours a day just in case. He was grateful for that at this point he did not say anything as she huffed about the waist. Or as she offered to stay in the palace he sighed and slipped his helm back on as the walked down the hall to her room. He stepped before her to open the door bowing slightly. "If you need anything just ask princess I will be at the door all day. " He spoke softly feeling he did something wrong but he was confused as to what that could be.

Back
Top Bottom