Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

Corruptionx3

Super-Earth
princess.jpg

Terepethia was a delightful kingdom, not too big, but it held some of the greatest history details and was one of about 5 surviving kingdoms from a world battle. The town was surrounded mostly by forest, so it wasn't exactly a well known area, but the small population was enough to make it sparkle amongst all others. The King was a great, noble man who was soon to be passing down the crown to his eldest child Lyra, she was 17 years old soon to turn 18, now that she was going to be put into much more power there were suspicions of the town's people and if they were assassins there to kidnap the new heir to the throne. The King had some of the best Knight's to be practically attached to Lyra, oh how she couldn't wait to meet her new lock down soldiers.

Lyra was very mature looking for age and since her Father requested a King to wed to his daughter she had many older men propose to her, but this wasn't the life she wanted. She didn't want an arranged marriage, she wished to fall in love and marry the man she truly and dearly loved, but her Father simply laughed at this foolish idea. Lyra was naturally a harmonious person and was at peace with everyone, she was a nature lover and sometimes wandered the town's center in disguise to smell the sweet bakeries, hear the laughter of the children and feel the silken petals from the floristrys. Of course if her Father new about this she'd be in dear, grave trouble.

Lyra had been woken at the usual time, 8:30am, dressed to perfection with her hair perked up with curls, but she thought a change for once and decided to let her hair flow loosely, and she was so fed up of the tight corsets and dresses she could barely see her feet in. She refused to let any of the woman do her make-up as last time she looked like a clown ready to perform in a rodeo show. She simply preferred a natural look. Once she was ready she hurried down to her Father's conference room to meet her new... Stalker. Even if they were there to protect her, she could never have any fun.​

ss649.jpg

Nathan had rose quickly threw the ranks in the kings army he had started out as a common foot soldier but soon achieved his knighthood after a brutal battle. From there he flew threw the ranks and was now the highest rank he could go with out someone above him retiring or dieing. Neither looked like they would happen soon and he was fine with that until the war ended. What good is a weapon with no war to be used in. He brooded and grumbled around the barracks as he waited hoping almost praying for bandit attacks. Something anything to put him back where he felt he belonged.

He was only 24 when he was placed in the guard as leader of the princess guards. He pulled all his friends together for what they called tea time. They would spend their days walking around and protecting her from the non existent threats that seemed to be everywhere. They stood before the king in their armor not a bit of skin visible on any of them when their helms where on. Only Nathan stood helm free next to the king his men at full attention ready for the inspection of the princess.

His hair was long and brown it seemed very well maintained as it was just that. His sister also a member of the military though much lower in rank. Demanded that he keep himself presentable as her mother would wish. His face was cleanly shaven except for the light goatee that graced his lip and chin. His deep ocean eyes seemed restless constantly darting around the room never resting for longer than a few seconds as he scanned for unseen threats.

Lyra peeked her head around the corner, seeing men what almost, she could of sworn were actually statues. Is that what she'd be spending her whole day with? Well, at least she'd be spending her whole day with one of them, the rest would just aimlessly wander round the palace waiting for something exciting to happen. "My life just got a whole lot better.." She sighed sarcastically to herself before getting a little shove from her younger Brother Sai who was only just about turning the age of 10, he actually had a life though. He could go out, visit the people, make friends, even stay over their house sometimes.. But that's only because no one knew that he was actually a belonging to our royal family.

"Ah, Lyra, my Daughter." Her Father called out, "Come in, come in. Do not stand out there dawdling like a child." People of course laughed at this so called joke, but only because her Father laughed. If he were to do something, they'd all follow like voo-doo dolls. If he were to speak of something, it was to be placed in front of him instantly, without another word. He truly did get everything, and for what? Sitting around all day for the good of nothing. That's something Lyra could not do. "Oh, but I am a child.." She mumbled to herself, giving a quick bow of the head and an easily faked, yet brilliant smile to lighten up the room. "So which one of you is gonna' stalk me for these days, eh." She laughed a little, but her Father gave somewhat of a grumble and tapped her on the arm, "Such a joker she is.. Don't mind her." Her Father commented awkwardly trying to cover up what she'd just said.

Her eyes had wandered off through out her Fathers boring, everyday lecture until she realized that her body had been drawn to another person's, well, her Father as usual dragged her. "Evening." She smiled, curtsying to the man who had the bluest eyes that could almost pierce right through you. "It's a pleasure to have you in the palace, I won't be too much hassle, I promise." She laughed a little before her Father's voice took over as he explained the schedule. It's not like he even needed one. 'Follow the Princess.' The End was all he needed.

Normally when the king would laugh the room with fill with laughter. Nathan and his men however remained stoic it was their trade mark. They almost never showed emotion even when a brother fell in battle. Nathan nodded as the king went threw the introductions and he smiled politely as she was lead over to him.

Well at least she is quite the lovely girl. I will have something to look at while I am being an over paid nanny. He was bitter the man who assigned him and his men this detail had never spent a minuet on a battle field. Every man in his command deserved his rank more then him. He nodded softly as the king went threw the schedule it all appeared to be in order with little time unaccounted for.

"Princess I am Captain Nathan Marks I will be in charge of your guard, and it will be myself at your side threw out the day. The remainder of my team will serve as support on longer trips and night watch. " He stepped forward and bowed deeply waiting for the princess to acknowledge him and his unit. "We will only be wearing this armor on special occasions. We will be less obvious from this point on. " He waited for her to dismiss them so that his men could go and change. He had 4 men who needed start a new sleep schedule immediately.

Lyra leaned forward a little as he spoke to whisper, "You may call me Lyra, I prefer it. In fact... It's an order to call me Lyra. At least when my Father's not around." She pulled away giving a bow of the head to each of the men to dismiss them. How they all kept their tight posture and deadly serious faces she didn't know, half of them looked like they were about to drop on the floor into an endless sleep. "It must be hell.." She said to herself, following on behind the men, "Ah.. Captain.. Nathan, whatever you wish me to address you as.. Once you're done with you're personals I'll be out in the palace gardens, they're not too hard to find." She smiled gracefully holding her dress up slightly as she paced down the hallways toward the palace Gardens.

The Gardens was her favorite place in the entire palace. There were often even a few animals that appeared there sometimes which she absolutely adored, especially feeding them. But most of all she melted hearing the tunes that the birds would whistle as she sat in the center of the Garden, hidden by flowers which had grown to almost a scary height. She always had memories of when she was little, Lyra and her Mother coming out to have tea and cakes.. It was almost a heart-breaking experience when her Father said he was thinking to get rid of the Gardens. But Lyra knew why.. Too many memories of her Mother who was killed by an Assassin when a battle took place. That's why he's so protective over everything else, he can't afford to lose another in his heart.

"Peaceful, alone.. For now." She sighed, spreading herself out onto the bare grass patch before laying down. Her eyes followed each cloud that passed, spotting for unusual shapes. She began to hum along to the birds sweet melody's, almost taking her to another place.

Once they had all left Nathan gave a few quick hand gestures and the men scattered around the castle. He followed her listening to her speak of what she wished to be called and allowing him time to change. He he slipped his helm on as it was becoming cumbersome to carry. His eyes glanced over the young woman as he walked after her. "You may call me and my men what ever you wish Lady Lyra. " He smirked under his mask he was able to fulfill both her order and his desire to still keep his statement proper.

The other men's armor clanked lightly as they walked each wearing armor designed for show not for comfort and regular use. Nathan how ever wore this armor every day it was specifically designed to work with his body and not against it. Leather straps pulled each piece to a large muscles group to keep the weight in a comfortable area. His entire upper body was strapped to his shoulders to put the weight on his back and stomach not his arms. Each piece of iron had a layer of soft leather under it to keep it silent as he walked. Inside the chain mail that covered his entire body was covered in 2 layers of cloth inside and out. He could take a blow from horse and barely make a sound.

He followed her silently from 20 or 30 paces allowing her to think that she was alone. He had been warned that she liked her space and her privacy and he meant to give that to her as best he could. Once she stopped and rested he stepped to the side of the path standing in a small alcove. Those who had not seen him enter would think he was just another statue. His helm hid his ever searching always watchful eyes as they darted from the princess to her surroundings rapidly. His mind was running over the logistics of working 7 men to watch her 24 hours a day 7 days a week and keep her as safe as she would be if she was locked in a tower the entire time.

Lyra closed her eyes and slowly began to raise upon to her feet, she swayed from side to side, her arms out as if she was almost dancing with a partner as she began to sing. Her voice was soft, almost one of an Angels, she used to love singing at the palace party's when she was younger, her Father wouldn't allow her to do things too presenting anymore though. She thought that the older she got, the more she would be released. But she was terribly wrong, by day, by age the watch on her becomes more hassle. She floated around the Garden picturing herself sawing into the sky like a bird, able to be free and fly to wherever she wished. She spread her arms out as if she were flying, continuing her song.

"Nathan.." She sang, giving a little laugh, "Come over here." She stopped and opened one of her eyes, "I'm not stupid. I've had many like you for the past couple of years, you aren't all as good as you think you are when this Princess is around." She moved back to her little patch of grass and let herself fall down onto her bottom, her dress floating gracefully down beside her.

He smiled watching her dance it was nice to see some of the things said about her where true. He had been warned she was a free spirit and would not abide being closed in. That is why his team was there they where all experts at what they did and where all ready and able to handle the free will that came with this young woman. He smiled listening to her voice as she sang softly his eyes having some difficulty leaving her as they always darted back to her with in seconds.

His the statue that Nathan had become came to life and stepped from its alcove. A young boy who had been exploring the gardens while his mother worked turned and ran in fright as the what he thought was a very nice looking statue began to walk. Nathan was grateful for his helm as the glances he had given the young princess and the smiled on his face at the boy's terror would have been greatly frowned upon.

Once standing next to her he looked down at her he did not want to intrude on her personal space but he had been told to come. "Princess you have never had another guard like me or my men. The guards you have been assigned before where just that. Now you have soldiers, you will be pleasantly surprised at the freedom that comes with having my men at your side. So to speak." He knew the only one of his men that would or could stand shoulder to shoulder with her was himself the rest did not fit in well in pleasant company. Neither did he so but he was able to play the role of knight and officer well no matter how much he despised it. "Did you want something Lyra?"

Lyra watched as his body which seemed almost lifeless shift its self towards her, "Careful not to scare the others now.." She sneered sarcastically, many thoughts racing through her mind as to who this man really was, most of them hid themselves and covered up, she never had truly gotten to become friends with any of them, they were sent away too quickly to battle and then replaced, apparently this one was permanent.. So she's been told.

"Well.. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to from time to time.." She sighed, lowering her head and allowing her curls to fall forward over her shoulders, "I understand if you'd wish to not speak to me, you're not here to socialize.. Just to do your job. But I'm trapped here, for the best they say? This isn't a teenage life.." She jumped up and stood right in front of him, "Now.. How about taking off that helmet so I can actually hear those muffled words properly, and maybe without the echo." She pressed her finger tips either side of his helmet, ready to remove it for him, she wasn't one who didn't like to get her way, although she wouldn't make much of a fuss if she didn't. She didn't want to start anything with the Captain, but she at least wanted, almost needed someone to aid to her loneliness, she just needed a friend, "It's an order." She laughed.

He watched her from behind the mask that he had grown to love. He nodded when she told him to take it off he was not shy he did not need his mask he just preferred it. It made him look less human something to be feared. When she put her hands on his mask he chuckled if he wanted to he could prevent her from taking it off seeing as he was taller than her and he would have to duck to get it off. He decided against it and slowly lowered himself out of the helm. He watched her hands as they took the 12 pounds of iron and gold's full weight. He did not aim to get hit in the head with his own helm... again. Most helms that had been worn regularly stank of sweat and blood not his. His sister insisted that it be cleaned and relined regularly and often burned insets in it giving the helm a soft cherry sent.

Once free of the helm he stepped back a bit and stood again shifting slightly to set the armor on a more comfortable place. His hands moved together and the left gripped the gauntlet on the right hand. After freeing his hand from its metal guardian and ran his fingers threw his shoulder length brown hair pushing it out of his face so his princess could see his face before returning his hand to the depths of the glove. "Is there anything else you require malady?" He held a hand out ready to take the helm from her if she wished to put it down.

Lyra gazed a little at his face whilst the helmet was first removed, he was actually quite a handsome man, but his face seemed somehow emotionless, or maybe a little too serious.

Lyra helplessly dropped the helmet onto the ground and with her puny arms, after all she only had a very petite then she watched it tumble and land neatly, nestled into some flowers. "Uh.. Sorry. You don't need that right now though." She nodded, "Or maybe for a while.." Lyra paused and thought for a second, tugging on the silken cover of her dress, "Well.. You could tell me more about yourself I suppose so I know who I'm going to be with for pretty much all of my days.." She moved toward a bench which was positioned right in the center of the garden then patted the empty space beside her for Nathan, "Sit." She smiled warmly, hoping that they could build some sort of friendship.

He moved and gathered his helm the moment she finished speaking. He cherished this armor more then the mortal coil contained within. The helm she had dropped was worth a years pay to his father. He picked it up dusting it off lightly before doing as told moving to set next to her the helm resting next to him on the bench.

"I was born 5 days north on a small family ran farm. When the wars started I entered the army to help defend my family. Threw years of hard work and dedication i have been promoted to the highest rank possible with out someone dieing. I have spent nearly 8 years moving from battle to battle to prove a man of my station can be of the same worth as someone from a higher station. " He spoke calmly not looking at her he never really liked admitting where he was from no matter how proud he was of it. Many who knew his past looked down on him because of his rise.

Lyra turned to face him with a wide smile, listening carefully to each and every word he said, even the small slurs or stutters. Her face was quite blank as she began to get a little mindless as his words were just going through her mind, she was quite intrigued. She shook herself out of her little 'daze', nodding with what he said last.

"Sounds like you've had a.. Worthy, interesting life." She thought that pretty much sounded about right, "Well, we're all glad to have you here.. And by we I mean me and my Father." She laughed, "Just as you and your men are taking care of me and this palace, we will take care of you. If there is anything you request.. Just tell me. It's the least I could do since you're saving my life.." She looked down a little, "Most of the other men dare to even speak to me in the past, my Father just thought they did what they did and left when they left.. I tried to make peace with them.. Maybe talk a little and try and give them a good stay here as they were doing such good for me -- I am very greatful to all those men." She sighed and shrugged a little, "I guess I wish I had life a little simpler.. Or maybe that sounds a little selfish?" She bit down on her bottom lip, gazing upwards into the sky, "But, you know. Being royalty, being trapped.. No friends and no one to.. Share your big secrets, laugh with and stay up late..Get into trouble sometimes but deal with whatever consequences come knowing you're going to do something silly again.." She laughed, brushing a fly-away strand of her out of her face, "Yeah.. They're childhood things but I barely had a childhood, I'm about to turn 18 and I've experienced.. Nothing." She sighed, lowering her head slowly.

"I understand your desires for a life from time to time they creep into my head. I have spent a long time on a battle field wondering if i would return. Always wondering what i missed out on by not ever spending time in a normal life. " He smiled as she mentioned someone to discus her secrets he smiled. "Behind this mask there is someone who will never tell anything that malady says to anyone. Though i am going to ask the king if he would allow you to relax a bit more. With my men as guards you would be safe even in a den of thieves. "

He smiled at her patting her side lightly looking at her hoping he would be able to grant this woman slightly more freedom. He knew what it was like to lead an extremely regimented life from being on the farm to being a soldier he had never had a moment to himself.

Lyra laughed a little and nodded, "Thank you.. I'll show you great appreciation, and don't hesitate to ask for anything." She turned her head and gave him a light peck on his cheek before standing and heading off back inside the palace, "I'm going for.. A wander? Maybe I could show you around the palace more if I happen to appear.. missing one day. You'll know where I like to sit mostly, one of those places is here.. If you didn't realize." She laughed, giving a wave of her hand.

He stiffened when she kissed him not only because she was the princess but because she was so beautiful. He did not speak but stood to follow her putting his helm back on. He felt much better hidden behind its steal curtain.

"Are you planing on trying to evade your guards?" He spoke calmly as he followed her gladly rather enjoying the view even threw her large dress. He enjoyed the way she walked the way she carried herself. He was not used to women who acted so.... well womanly. Most of his female friends where very masculine.

Lyra rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Maybe.. It's what I usually do. But they're just hassle, they're like moving statues... Still boring." She turned and tutted, shaking her head once more, "Now, my order wasn't to remove that helmet for a while, it was to keep it off.. For at least the hour." She pouted batting her long, dark eyelashes. "Or else." She said, laughing before running off as a child would when they didn't get what they wanted, she ran up the first staircase and took a right which took her to the main conference room, well, it used to be. They had a new one almost every week, this was just the first, and there was a great view over the city. The room was dark and decorated in crimson and maroon curtain and antiques. You could barely see, just a shadow was noticeable.

"Perfect for thinking." She whispered to herself. She knew Nathan would catch her up in split seconds, but she weren't running for him to not catch her anyway, it was just the fun of the moment? She pulled two chairs out, one for Nathan when he caught up and let herself swiftly drop into the seat, one of her legs going over the other, keeping her posture straight as she gazed watchfully out the window to the extravagant view.

A deeper scratchier voice came from the door way. "I agree Its a lovely place to rest." A man in all black armor the metal plates coated on both sides with thick leather. It was light and clung to his form almost like his skin was made of the armor. He moved slowly towards the princes a black plate covering his nose from the bridge down under his chin and appeared to be attached behind his ears. Only vertical slits allowed him to breath or be heard threw the plate he took a deep breath smiling under the mask. "They call me Thanos, I am Nathan's second I will be in charge of keeping the roofs clear and watching you when you decide to vanish. I am a tracker and an archer. If you need anything I can find it just ask. "

He bowed as he moved to her side moments before Nathan walked in removing his helm smiling. He chuckled softly as he walked over to her side standing to the other side of Thanos. "I see you both have met I hope you both like each other. Though i would not get to attached Thanos I don't think she will like you after you continue to walk in on her get aways. "

Lyra's body flinched a little as she heard this man's voice, she certainly knew it weren't Nathan. She slowly turned and peered at the archway of the door, only able to see the silhouette his body and Armour made. She stood and turned to this Thanos, "It's a dear to meet you." She smiled, taking his hand and firmly shaking it in her's. As she heard more footsteps coming toward the room she knew it was Nathan, "You're slow." She sneered, giving a little laugh before falling back into her seat, "Yeah.. He seemed to just, pop out of know where." She laughed, "But I suppose that's a good thing.. Going unnoticed? If only I could get that far with my Father.. I could go anywhere." She sighed, her posture still perfect although her body felt like just slouching down. "Nathan, I got you a chair.." She raised her arm and rested her hand upon the chair beside her "Oh, would you like me to get you one too, Thanos?" She smiled, gazing up at him.

"He wont be needing one he is going to search the city for places where an assassin could hide. " Nathan said moving towards the chair setting down next to her setting his helm down next to him. "I shall see you soon Princess be safe. " He moved with a deliberate pace as he exited the room. Once he had left the room he closed the door behind him before heading to leave castle.

Nathan turned slightly to face her looking at her with a soft smile. "So just why is it that you seem to insist on me not wearing my mask? " He looked around the room wondering why it seemed so dead in here."I take it this room does not get used very often."

Lyra smiled warmly at Thanos, giving a wave of her hand, "Goodbye. It was nice meeting you, and be safe!" She turned back to face Nathan once he had left, shrugging. "To show that handsome face of yours." She laughed, "I'd prefer you to not hide your face.. Especially while talking to me. I just don't really like it." She sighed, giving a slight tug of her hair when she twisted it around her finger. "Ah, well this room.. Was one of my Father's first conference rooms a couple years ago, he changes quite often. So this was one of his first.. No one ever comes in here. I even used to bring my sleeping bag in here and sleep on the floor because at night, when there's a full moon.. You have no idea how beautiful it looks. There's one due tonight or tomorrow I'm sure... I'd like to show you it." She smiled, being almost dazed by the view outside.

"Well i really have no choice in the matter. If your here then i have to be remember. " He chuckled softly trying to make it sounds like he did not want her to. He smiled and leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees. This was going to be a very boring job he did not foresee any excitement any time soon keeping his edge would be a challenge. He glanced out of the corner of his eye his hair slipping down to frame his face masking his glance. At least he had a beautiful woman to share his time with even if she was the princess and he really should not even be talking to her let alone thinking about her in this way.

He smiled thinking about how to make this job more exciting but it was not going to be an easy task. He was going to speak with her father in the morning about allowing her to be more of an adult. Go on trips into town, into the countryside, perhaps even to the coast. With his men watching over her she would be as safe on horse back as she would be in this castle.

Lyra just laughed, rolling her eyes, "That's right, you have no choice.." She smiled, still trying to hold up that posture she'd been taught to keep. She caught his glance but acted as if she didn't notice. He seemed like such an interesting person really... Despite his.. mysteriousness? She just wondered what went through his head. Or all of their heads.. Having to protect her, to keep up with this annoying duty so much. If it was annoying for her, it was for them, and it always had been. But, he seemed different somehow, so maybe this would be something new, a change.

"I suppose i should thank you both. " He spoke seemingly from no where as his mind wandered in the safety of this dark room. "You for chasing away so many guards and your father for choosing my men. This means i wont have to suffer the lose of another of them. " He glanced down at his chest under the painted steel and gold trim was a necklace where the 5 dog tags of the men who he had lost in combat.

He grew quiet again as his mind fell back to the after math of each battle placing his men on stretchers. The mask hiding the look of pain on his face as he helped carry his friend off the field so his family could know peace. He took a deep breath driving the thoughts from his mind this new peaceful lovely home was so strange to someone who spent his days washing gore from his armor. He was going to have to relearn how to act when tomorrow does not hold death.

Lyra's calm expression dropped a little and she seemed a little anxious. Or nervous maybe? She bit down on her bottom lip and moved up to shift toward Nathan. She knelt down in front of him and smiled warmly, taking one of his hands in hers. "I'm pretty sure I don't understand the loss you've had to go through on the battlefield... But I lost my Mother when a battle took place.. And of course it was a terrible loss for me, she was the only thing that held me together." She lowered her head, tears welling up in her eyes as she gave his hand a little squeeze, "I don't like talking about it.. But. Don't worry. We'll take great care of you.. And your men. I'll treat them personally." She laughed a little, gazing up with her warm expression

Back
Top Bottom